Multi-gen Past Gens Championships 2020: Finals [Won by SMB, Earthworm, thelinearcurve, Pohjis, Finchinator, Pohjis and beatiful]

:tyranitar: DPP Semifinals/Finals Predictions! :tyranitar:

Pohjis

I've been liking Pohjis Teams quite a bit so far, we've
got to see creative picks like Rhyperior and Lead Latias
followed by a pretty standard Skarmory Spike Stacking
Team, from what I remember Pohjis historically has liked
these builds. More importantly he's piloted them really
well (as you'd expect from Pohjis) this makes him a
very difficult opponent to go up against! I look forward
to seeing what other teams he has.

1607981815756.png

vs

1607981783107.png

Winterains

Winterains has been sticking some pretty well known
but good teams and It's been working out for him.
I think Winterains is a very good player and to me seems
pretty calculated, I've enjoyed watching his games a lot.
This is a bit of a tough one to predict since as I said Winterains is definitely a good
player and will make things hard for Pohjis but I do believe Pohjis is a bit more versatile
and creative with his teams. This, to me to me gives Pohjis a slight edge but I could see
Winterains taking this too with his great play thus far.

Eden

No disrespect to Eden but I think it's fair to say
he's had a bit of a lucky run so far (don't get me
wrong he's a great player.) With that being
said though, I've really been liking his teams
they're solid picks that work great in this meta
keep it up! Eden will surely put up a good fight.
:blobthumbsup:

1607983604913.png

vs

1607983662430.png

SFG

The French know their DPP and SFG is no exception!
He's probably my favorite player left in the pool, he's calculated
with his play and has very solid metagame knowledge.
His teams choices so far have been really versatile and I'm excited
to see what he will be bringing to this match.

Predicting SFG to win it all.

Good Luck Guys!!
:blobwizard:

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Extensions to December 17th 6AM EST :
TC vs Amaranth

Tagging all the matchups for semifinals that haven't been scheduled publicly yet (sorry if you have already scheduled your games in private):

RBY:
ziloXX vs Louna

GSC:
Kenix vs TC
Earthworm vs TonyFlygon

ADV:
thelinearcurve vs Winterains

DPP:
Pohjis vs Winterains
eden vs SFG

BW:
Caetano93 vs false

ORAS:
jonfilch vs egalvanc

SM:
Empo vs umbry

Deadline: December 21st 11:59PM EST / 05:59 AM CET

Extensions to December 25th 6AM EST :
undisputed vs umbry

Aliss

is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
hey all, since i unfortunately lost both of the tours im in already i felt like writing some predicts ^^
s/o to everyone playing here, lot of these matches have been rly fun to watch, and to kjdaas for hosting as always ofc :heart:

RBY
[1] SMB vs (Winner of TC vs Amaranth) [?] - i assume Amaranth will be the one to take on SMB here as he has more experience with the tier than TC, but i don't think it matters all that much in the grand scheme. SMB has been on top of the circuit for the entire year, improving at an insanely fast rate with every game he plays. his circuit performance this year was only rivaled by Finch's BW dominance, and for good reason: SMB always manages to find the correct line and play it out with surgical precision. the only critique i could possibly pose would be towards some of his teams (using lapras lol..) but none of that would come even close to being enough to justify bolding anyone in this field against him.
[7] ziloXX vs Louna [6] - a much closer matchup than the above one, but equally interesting. Louna has, like SMB, shown massive improvement in recent memory too, but more quietly than the RBY Cup winning titan. nonetheless, it's undeniable that Louna can play the tier at a high level and is someone to look out for this SPL. ziloXX had a great year too, making classic playoffs, but despite being a solid RBYer is known as more of a GSC guy. i'm gonna give this one to Louna as he's coming hot off a Pohjis win, but this one should be a close and entertaining duel between two more up-and-coming players.

GSC
[9] Kenix vs TC [5] - i feel like a broken record at this point talking about improvement, but Kenix is another prime example. Kenix has fiended circuit tours across every gen all year, and shot up the ranks at record speed. i'm sure most people are aware of his smogon tour performance, but his GSC play is definitely no slouch either. despite all that, i can't possibly bold against TC here, if only because he smashed me twice this year. TC has shown time and time again to have a great metagame understanding, and is more than good enough as a player to win this one. if only he'd stop playing on main and losing to his greatest demon: his internet...
[15] Earthworm vs TonyFlygon [11] - really great mu. feels weird to bold against tonyflygon here with how good he has looked this year in the tier, but ew seems to be having fun with the tier right now, and a motivated earthworm is a very scary player. i don't think anyone needs me to list the pirate's many accomplishments, and he's without a doubt one of the names synonymous with the tier. that being said, i definitely dont expect this to be a one-sided blowout. tony has looked exceptional in gsc lately, and would without a doubt do well in spl if he werent managing as always. explosive matchup for sure, hoping to see some of worms 4 attack blissey sets hit the field.

ADV
[1] thelinearcurve vs Winterains [4] - most people probably won't know this, but these two played in an adv seasonal earlier this year, and winterains won. that's right, Winterains is one of 5 players to win an ADV bo3 vs linear in a major tour this year. coming off a win vs ADV Cup winner Tamahome too, Winterains has a lot of momentum going for him right now. that being said, there's a reason linear is the 1st seed in these playoffs. the most dominant ADVer of 2020 is coming off a Cup semifinals performance, a Global Championship finals run, and (despite it not counting for these playoffs, it deserves a mention) another insane Callous Cup Victory. amassing a set record of 35-6 in bo3s in major ADV tournaments this year, it's hard to think anyone is capable of stopping linear right now.
[2] undisputed vs umbry [14] - the 2nd seed in this tournament has had quite the year of his own too, falling short to only linear. 2nd place in callous and global championship, and quarters in cup, there should be no doubt that one of the best ADV players of all time still has what it takes despite sitting out some teamtours. umbry has quietly done very well for herself, qualifying for these playoffs by beating some great ADV minds like Pohjis, and lucking beating me and GC Champ Star to make it here. this is undoubtedly her biggest challenge yet though, as it's gonna take a lot to take undisputed down in his current state.

DPP
[16] Pohjis vs Winterains [13] - close one, in my opinion. Pohjis is obviously no slouch in DPP, but seeing as how its the only tier ive ever taken games off him in (lol) I'd say it isn't his strongest. Winterains defeated Sharow in a strong showing to make it here, and could definitely end up taking this one. Pohjis seems in his element this tour though, and even ended up bringing a Rhyperior vs Hellpowna. after a few dropouts caused Pohjis to make these playoffs for a full set of 7, I expect him to make it count and take this one home.
[10] eden vs SFG [11] - could really go either way. i considered bolding the vs. but decided against it because it's lame, so i just flipped a coin instead. i'm very high on both of these guys, and i'm hoping for this to be a fun one. both have very strong support networks and know the tier in and out, and on top of that defeated some very strong players to make it to these semis. would most certainly not be surprised to see the 68th french DPP talent SFG take this one, but betting on eden this time.

BW
[1] Finchinator vs Rokhan [13] - Finch won all but 1 circuit tours. next.
[2] Caetano93 vs false [14] - false has not looked bad at all in BW this year, but Caetano has simply been better. putting up a strong SPL showing into qualifying as the 2nd seed into beating Raiza in top 8, the Doctor is a force to be reckoned with in the latios generation. rooting for false to take this one, but bolding against the brazilian here would be silly.

ORAS
[1] Pohjis vs Blanko [13] - Pohjis qualified as the 1 seed for a reason. seemingly being one of a rapidly decreasing already small amount of ORAS enjoyers, he consistently performs well in anything ORAS related he signs up for, even playing it in WCOP once back before the CG change. Blanko has looked strong this tour, taking down GC winner frisoeva and spl4sh (not splash), and has across multiple circuit performances this year shown that he's a player to look out for in the future, but for now i have to give this one to the ribbon fiend himself.
[2] jonfilch vs egalvanc [11] - coming in 2nd place in both seasonals this year, jonfilch is another of the rare ORAS enjoyers. expected to have a strong debut in SPL this season, he's been living up to the hype by taking names left and right. egalvanc has been no slouch either, taking down xray with checks notes slaking??? sure. egal has never been afraid to use some more out of the box picks, but i don't think jon will be caught off guard by any of them, as i expect him to put in the effort to prep well and take this one home. excited to see what egalvanc will roll up with.

SM
[1] beatiful vs Decem [13] - one of the hottest SS players right now, bea has also been dominating the SM circuit all year. Decem is unfortunately someone im not really familiar with, but he did beat Punny round 1 so that should speak for itself. regardless, it's gonna take a lot to take down bea right now, and i'm not sure if the monotype tl is gonna be what it takes.
[2] Empo vs umbry [14] - predicting a pretty big upset here in this italian clash. partly fueled by bias (go umbron!!!!), but i do think this is a possible timeline. Empo has shown to not be all too invested in this tour, bringing wish killer into Mew / Clefable / Zapdos / Jirachi / Toxapex / Swampert vs Rubyblood, and on top of that is presumably putting a lot of time into smogon tour finals right now. umbry took down 2 very strong names in Pohjis and GC Champion John W (who she 12-0d btw!!) to make it here, so she has shown to be exceptional at this gen before, and is definitely someone i'd expect to start SM in this upcoming SPL. this predict is definitely not 100% unbiased and im rooting for my friend to win this one, but it should be a good one either way.

good luck & have fun everyone ! <3

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
RBY
[1] SMB vs (Winner of TC vs Amaranth) [?] - i assume Amaranth will be the one to take on SMB here as he has more experience with the tier than TC, but i don't think it matters all that much in the grand scheme. SMB has been on top of the circuit for the entire year, improving at an insanely fast rate with every game he plays. his circuit performance this year was only rivaled by Finch's BW dominance, and for good reason: SMB always manages to find the correct line and play it out with surgical precision. the only critique i could possibly pose would be towards some of his teams (using lapras lol..) but none of that would come even close to being enough to justify bolding anyone in this field against him.
don't care if you think that smb is better than me (he probably is) but this is really silly reasoning, i joined only one tournament in the entire circuit year and got 1st place beating smb in the finals lol

edit: tc is also very good and i only squeaked past him 2-1 in a very close set in said tournament for what that's worth

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)