Multi-gen Past Gens Championships 2020: Finals [Won by SMB, Earthworm, thelinearcurve, Pohjis, Finchinator, Pohjis and beatiful]

confirming:
I had something irl and missed the scheduled time, and will be there tomorrow 8pm GMT+5.5 that my opponent proposed

edit: I realise this is already an extension / past the deadline already. I am sincerely sorry. if the tourney host feels this is unacceptable then I will take the activity L

Aliss

is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
14/15 last time lol. not bad (fuck umbry tho). jonfilch wanted another round for christmas so here i am once again

RBY
[1] SMB vs Louna [6] - SMB has proven to be the best RBYer of 2020 in at least individual tournaments time and time again. more machine than man when he hits the battlefield, SMB rarely if ever slips up. like i mentioned before, i'm quite high on Stanley Louna, and expect good things from him this SPL, but the absolute titan of the tier he's going up against is looking unstoppable. very few things can take down a motivated SMB, and unless rng heavily favours Louna in this one, i'd be very surprised to see this go any other way. definitely not even close to the last we'll hear of the frenchman though.

GSC
[5] TC 0-2 Earthworm [15] - happened but i promise i was gonna bold ew

ADV
[1] thelinearcurve vs umbry [14] - the linear curve. i went on about statistics in my last post a bit, but another neat one: linear is 6-0 in these playoffs so far. linear's edge over literally anyone in the field right now is so significant that i can't think of a matchup that'd be even worse than 6-4 in his favour. of course though, all gods can bleed. umbry is on a warpath of her own, taking down three two of the strongest ADVers 2020 has had in Star and undisputed. can lightning strike thrice for the italian superstar? hoping to see some cool picks from linear once again, as the exeggutor he brought vs Winterains didn't get to shine as much as i imagine he hoped for.

DPP
[16] Pohjis vs eden [10] - anyone who knows me knows how i feel about Pohjis. genuinely one of the greatest players this site has ever seen, Pohjis is a master in almost every official tier. i touched last time upon how i dont think DPP is his strong suit, but even a weak tier for Pohjis' standards makes him a really really good player. getting to this final through some last second dropouts and an activity win over the #1 seed, Pohjis has had maybe a little easier of a path getting here than his opponent eden, who took down three extremely strong opponents in Malekith, Emeral and SFG. i believe this is Pohjis' opportunity to prove that he's more than deserving of this ribbon though, and expect him to take it in a close set.

BW
[1] Finchinator vs Caetano93 [2] - watermelon sugar made top 2000. if anyone's going to take down Finch I Nator, it'll be the doctor, but i don't think even the explosive undertale aficionado is up to the task. finch has been playing this tier for over a decade now, and has used a grand total of like 15 pokemon in those years. he has seen every line in every game before, and has become an unstoppable machine akin to the stockfish chess computer. all jokes aside, it's obvious that finch has many more games played in this tier than probably anyone on the planet, and it has proven to be worth it. getting retained in the current SPL for being at the top end of a very dry BW pool, Finch seems very in touch with the tier right now. the only thing holding him back from winning his ribbon back is his own mentality. as long as he avoids tilt, he'll be fine

ORAS
[1] Pohjis vs jonfilch [2] - our second of two 1st vs 2nd seed duels. the two strongest competitors in the ORAS OU circuit across 2020 face off once again, after jonfilch took their previous set 2-0. after losing both seasonals in grand finals this year, the second one due to some unfortunate odds nonetheless, i can't imagine jon is willing to settle for 2nd place here once again (wow im saying the worst second a lot). that being said, he has his work cut out for him. unlike DPP, ORAS is definitely something i would consider one of Pohjis stronger tiers, and we all know what that means. really exciting match between two players i respect a lot. hoping to see no webs >_>

SM
[1] beatiful vs umbry [14] - umbry has taken down a wildy impressive range of players, dropping only 1 game to the lot of Pohjis, John W and Empo. after taking down the strongest SM player of maybe all time last round, umbry finds herself one bo3 away from the SM ribbon. both of these players have had incredibly hot 2020's, winning snake draft together with strong performances, nabbing a tiebreak win each to clutch the trophy. while bea feels like the more traditional answer here, i'm gonna once again give umbry the benefit of the doubt, as she is riding an incredibly hot streak that's not seeming to end anytime soon, and has support from some of the greatest SM minds out there. expecting an absolute banger.

that's all for this edition of the alicedictions, good luck, have fun, and most importantly happy holidays everyone! nwn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)