PC Gaming

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
1617206384069.png
So it turns out that there hasn't been a PC Gaming thread ever, and with me recently getting back into the game with my newly souped-up PC, I thought I'd make a thread for it. I think the closest we've had is this thread from 2013...

It's no secret that PC gaming has been at the forefront of the industry for quite some time; hell, it fathered console gaming. Since then, it's advanced with platforms such as Steam, and with parts becoming easier to obtain over the past decade, it's arguably the most accessible way to enter the gaming community. There's little reason to not get a beefy PC outside of the upfront cost, and even then there's a solid pool of budget options, such as a Mac with a Linux or Windows Virtual Machine. There's a near-unlimited amount of games you can play, especially with emulation and virtual machines factored in, it's just so awesome haha

So on my end, I bought a pre-built custom PC from Cyberpower, since there were a couple of good reviews and everything seemed quite affordable. Cost me a pretty penny and by no means perfect, but it worked out just fine. Arrived in 2 weeks in perfect condition, would totes buy from them again. Here's my stuff that I ended up ordering;
BLUETOOTH: None Selected
CAS: Corsair 220T Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Tempered Glass Side Panels (OEM - No Fans) (Black Colour)
CD: None Selected
COOL: None Selected
COOL2: None Selected
CPNR1: Cyberpower Sound Absorbing Foam -- reducing audible noise transmitted through solid case panels by up to 75%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 6-Core 3.60GHz, 4.2GHz Turbo - 32MB L3 Cache Processor, Pro OC Compatible (No Onboard Graphics)
CS_FAN: RGB Multi-Colour LED 2x interior light strips w/ Radio Frequency Remote Control [+20] (2x Cyberpower Addressable RGB Magnetic Strips w/ Remote Control)
EXCD: None Selected
EXPAN: Built-in USB Ports
FAN: Cooler Master Masterliquid Lite 120 Liquid Cooling System w/ 120mm Radiator, Extreme OC Compatible (Cooler Master CPU Water Cooling, Extreme OC Compatible)
HDD: 2TB Seagate BarraCuda SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM Hard Drive [+11] (1 Drive)
MEMORY: 8GB (1x8GB) DDR4/3200mhz Dual Channel Memory (HyperX Fury w/Heat Spreader) mainly for affordability, plan on expanding soon since I wanted the 16 gigs lmfao
MOTHERBOARD: MSI B450-A Pro MAX: ATX w/ RGB, USB 3.1, SATA3, 1x M.2
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT -- As standard on all PCs
OS: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition) Perfect for most people with all the core features of Windows 10 including: automatic updates, Cortana and DirectX 12 graphics support (Recovery USB Pen Drive)
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: Cooler Master MWE 650W 80+ Certified Gaming Power Supply
RUSH: Standard Processing Time
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO
SSD: 480GB ADATA Ultimate SU630 2.5" SSD - 520MB/s Read / 450MB/s Write (1 Drive)
USB1: Built-in USB Ports [+0]
VIDEO: AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB - DX12(R) - VR Ready, HDMI, DVI, DP, 5 Monitor Support (Single Card)
WNC: N300 Wireless PCI Express Adapter

and here's a pic, rgb leds are cool
do ah look lahk i kno wot a jay peg is.jpg

So what PC Gaming experiences have you lot had? Any cool games you've been playing lately, or do you just wanna post your rigs?

Welcome to the master race.
PC is the only place where Digital > Physical, just because Steam is so damn good.
Any cool games you've been playing lately
Well, I'm an indie guy (when it comes to PC at least), and Hades was the best release of 2020. Monster Hunter Rise also looks good but it doesn't come out on PC for a year and I already have it on Switch anyways.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
the lab I work at has this unbelievably powerful rig for really intense image processing. I only saw the specs once months ago when I was doing work on it, it had an i9 and one of those industrial grade nvidia graphics cards (I think the Quadro), high end SSD and 64 gb of ram. I’m going to get access in 2 weeks since I’m starting my own project and I’m decently confident that there’s no admin restriction. I’m salivating over the prospect of playing Minecraft in 4k with 1200 fps. Will post updates later

Light Sanctity

The Usurper
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
So it turns out that there hasn't been a PC Gaming thread ever, and with me recently getting back into the game with my newly souped-up PC, I thought I'd make a thread for it. I think the closest we've had is this thread from 2013...

It's no secret that PC gaming has been at the forefront of the industry for quite some time; hell, it fathered console gaming. Since then, it's advanced with platforms such as Steam, and with parts becoming easier to obtain over the past decade, it's arguably the most accessible way to enter the gaming community. There's little reason to not get a beefy PC outside of the upfront cost, and even then there's a solid pool of budget options, such as a Mac with a Linux or Windows Virtual Machine. There's a near-unlimited amount of games you can play, especially with emulation and virtual machines factored in, it's just so awesome haha

So on my end, I bought a pre-built custom PC from Cyberpower, since there were a couple of good reviews and everything seemed quite affordable. Cost me a pretty penny and by no means perfect, but it worked out just fine. Arrived in 2 weeks in perfect condition, would totes buy from them again. Here's my stuff that I ended up ordering;
BLUETOOTH: None Selected
CAS: Corsair 220T Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Tempered Glass Side Panels (OEM - No Fans) (Black Colour)
CD: None Selected
COOL: None Selected
COOL2: None Selected
CPNR1: Cyberpower Sound Absorbing Foam -- reducing audible noise transmitted through solid case panels by up to 75%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 6-Core 3.60GHz, 4.2GHz Turbo - 32MB L3 Cache Processor, Pro OC Compatible (No Onboard Graphics)
CS_FAN: RGB Multi-Colour LED 2x interior light strips w/ Radio Frequency Remote Control [+20] (2x Cyberpower Addressable RGB Magnetic Strips w/ Remote Control)
EXCD: None Selected
EXPAN: Built-in USB Ports
FAN: Cooler Master Masterliquid Lite 120 Liquid Cooling System w/ 120mm Radiator, Extreme OC Compatible (Cooler Master CPU Water Cooling, Extreme OC Compatible)
HDD: 2TB Seagate BarraCuda SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM Hard Drive [+11] (1 Drive)
MEMORY: 8GB (1x8GB) DDR4/3200mhz Dual Channel Memory (HyperX Fury w/Heat Spreader) mainly for affordability, plan on expanding soon since I wanted the 16 gigs lmfao
MOTHERBOARD: MSI B450-A Pro MAX: ATX w/ RGB, USB 3.1, SATA3, 1x M.2
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT -- As standard on all PCs
OS: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition) Perfect for most people with all the core features of Windows 10 including: automatic updates, Cortana and DirectX 12 graphics support (Recovery USB Pen Drive)
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: Cooler Master MWE 650W 80+ Certified Gaming Power Supply
RUSH: Standard Processing Time
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO
SSD: 480GB ADATA Ultimate SU630 2.5" SSD - 520MB/s Read / 450MB/s Write (1 Drive)
USB1: Built-in USB Ports [+0]
VIDEO: AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB - DX12(R) - VR Ready, HDMI, DVI, DP, 5 Monitor Support (Single Card)
WNC: N300 Wireless PCI Express Adapter

and here's a pic, rgb leds are cool
View attachment 327920

So what PC Gaming experiences have you lot had? Any cool games you've been playing lately, or do you just wanna post your rigs?
Looks sick PvK, damn I would love a desktop version but (I need a job lol) I am happy with my gaming Laptop I have right now. I mainly like the Steam games' and like Lightning Returns, is one of my favorite games that I can play on my PC. :)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I mean, the Flash games thread was sort of a de facto PC gaming thread by default. RIP Flash games, you were good to us. :psycry:

Man, I sure am glad I put my PC together in 2018 before the Mining Craze 2.0 and COVID.

solid PC, haven't upgraded mine since 2013 so can't brag much about it, it was pretty good at the time tho. Still running games like TrackMania 2020 or Hitman 2 fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)