PC storage system

On a scale from 1-5, how organized is your PC storage?

• 5 (Completely neat and tidy!)

Votes: 13 31.7%

Votes: 3 7.3%

Votes: 7 17.1%

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • 1 (organization? What's that?)

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters
With the Pokebank still nowhere in sight, I often find myself staring at my storage and moving things around.

Topic: How do you organize your PC Storage? How will it change once you get Pokebank?

Back when I first beat the E4, I set up my boxes in 4 rows:
Random (8) - things I caught over the course of the game and in safaris
Trade (8) - wonder and GTS trading
Breeding (8) - eggs, bred pokemon, rejects
Battle (7) - ingame and competitive teams

Over the course of time, my Random boxes started to fill up with more and more traded pokemon to the point that I now have about 12 boxes of traded pokemon, most from Wonder Trade. My Breeding boxes started overflowing, taking up most of my boxes that I originally designed for Battle (at the peak, I had something around 100 smeargle and 200 eevee at once). I ended up setting up 3 boxes for 6IV pokemon.

My boxes now look something like this:
Random (3)
WT (11)
Trade (2)
Breeding (9)
Battle (3)
Flawless (3)

At one point I considered depositing all my pokemon in Pokebank then having 31 boxes of Wonder Trades to maximize my chances at the lottery, but I decided against that. I'll probably be moving all my bred pokemon into the bank.

One other thing:
Pokebank apparently has a feature to sort by Markings. When I heard about this, I devised this Marking system, which is a hybrid of the standard marking system and the inverted marked system:
  • Symbols denote HP, Att, Def, SpA, SpD, Spe, as is standard practice
  • A Pokemon with one single marked stat has IVs of 31 in every stat except the marked one
  • A Pokemon with two marked stats where one of them is Speed has 0 Speed, 31 in 4 stats, and unknown IV in the other marked stat.
  • A Pokemon with 4 or 5 marked stats has 31 in each of the marked stats and 0 in each of the unmarked stats
  • A Pokemon with 6 marked stats has 31 in every stat
  • No Pokemon may have a total of 3 or 4 markings. No Pokemon may have a total of 2 markings unless one of them represents 0 speed.
  • Exception: 0IV magikarp follow the same rules except "0" is used in place of "31". They are identified by nickname: 5IV ones are named "Flailure" while 6IV ones are named "Epic Flail".
  • Exception: Legendary/unbreedable Pokemon are marked by the standard method, with each marking representing 31 in the marked stat.
I feel that this marking system, while harder to understand than the standard system, is more useful for the purposes of sorting competitively viable Pokemon. It is capable of conveying more information than the standard system.

Dayum you have 3 boxes of 6iv pokes thats a pretty crazy high amount , but yeah as far as marking goes id name say a parent hp ice and not mark attack and defence but id know its hp ice since as far as marking goes hp isnt so easy to know. Also if it is 5iv with 0 speed i wouldn't mark speed but id name the parents 0 speed just to make breeding easier.
And when bank rolls around ill get rid of all the kalos pokes i caught for my live dex since theyre just in the way atm.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah thats my system, use the markings for the stats with 31 ivs, then nickname the irregular ones, like 0 speed, 30 SpA etc.. Normally if I hatch something with a desired hidden power I just teach it hidden power so when I'm browsing and I see it it's usually a pretty logical guess as to what type it is. But yeah my boxes are a mess! I have a trophy cabinet box for shinies and 6iv mons, box 1 which is where anything with a little sentimental value ends up, and pretty much everything else is WT junk, breeding rejects (used as WT fodder) and a few boxes for anything competitively viable/good potential parents. I haven't even bothered to keep a live dex coz I don't have enough room...

Well, my boxes have been divided by type since Pokémon Silver. So some types have more than one box, while others I have them divided. For now, I have some repeated mons in the boxes, because I need to have time and I`ll breed `till I get something really good and then WT everything else. The extra boxes are divided like this: One for Wondertradables, random mons just to get circulating and get Pokémiles, One for mons with 4 IVs, one for the ones with 5 and 6 (I still don`t have enough of them), one for shinies and one for full bred and EV`d Pokémon. I have two boxes in which I put possible good mons I get from WT, and when they`re full I go and check every one with the IVs guy. I have one Box for butterflies, in which I have a Butterfree, a Beautifly and all forms of Vivillon I currently have (11 at the moment). All the others are used to store baby mons, and when all of the baby-allotted boxes are full, I WT everyone.

Ah, just remembered, I have a box simply called ``Box 31`` that I let active every time I go on hunting, so I don`t lose the Pokémon amidst all the others.

All boxes besides Box 31 are named accordingly, and I try to give them fitting Wallpapers.

My Boxes in Pokémon are the only organized thing I have in life, my desk and the rest is a mess.

I have special mons (Pokemon I trained) in one box, Dragon-types in another, Vivillon patterns in another, Competitive mons in another, and Dittos in yet another. The rest are for spitbacks and random crap.

(If Bank comes out, I think I'm going to use it to store my spitbacks.)

My first 7 boxes consist of pretty much completely random pokes including Wondertraded Pokemon, random Pokemon that I caught, leftover Pokemon that I bred, and i'm pretty sure that my ingame team is scattered throughout them too. After that there's a huge sea of empty boxes from 8 to 28 that used to be filled with Pinsirs and/or other Pokemon that I bred/MMed for but released. (I don't WT all of my bred Pokemon because I don't want to completely fill up my boxes and I don't care enough to do it, also i'm going to want room for all the boxes that'll be filled when bank comes out.) After that I have a boxes titled To be used, which consists of exactly what you would expect, Pokemon that I plan on using/breeding/Pokemon that I bred but haven't trained yet. After that I have a box with all of the Vivillon patterns I have (A grand total of 5), and then I have a box titled Special BOX which is basically just another name for the box that I put my HM slaves and competitive mons that can be used but aren't in my party or battle box at the current moment. So my boxes are kind of organized, but only kind of.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
When I began my breeding ventures in X/Y early on, I had a few boxes designed for Wonderdumping, breeding, and my flawless/competitive mons. Now, it's an absolute disaster because maintaining organization is an issue for me and being surprised at just how quickly my boxes fill up during a few projects. What's worse, I am trying to keep a few boxes empty for Bank (if/when it comes), but it seems I have to designate new space to new mons that I can see breeding with due to Wonderdumping luck.

Right now, 31 (and possibly 30) are my competitive box and 22-24 are my Wonderdump/Breeding products. Maybe I should pause a bit just so I can catch up.

Through the main story, my boxes were perfectly organized. I had a box for each type, a box for pokes related to raising other pokes (Dittos, Vespiquen for Horde Training, Flame body mons, etc.), and a box for my team members. All nice and organized, right?
Then came post-game.
I tried to Masuda myself a shiny Bunnelby, then gave up after 400 eggs. I wonder traded off all of them, so now I have boxes upon boxes of random shitty pokemon. Over time, the shitty wonder trade mons have crept into my other boxes, and there's pretty much no order anymore. Surprisingly, the only box that has stayed untouched is the breeding box. Go figure.

In Game Box(JP)
- God Father(1) - 6iv Male Pokemon with all egg group(Uncomplete)
- The Metamon(1) - Various Metamon
- Syncro Shoukan!(1) - Ralt with Syncro, All usable nature.
- Parent(10+) - Various Parent of most breed pokemon
- Trade/Bank(1) - Pokemon for trade and for send to Bank
- PHA(5+) - Pokemon with Hidden Ability
- Chaos Team(1) - Ingame Team+Other Utility Pokemon
- Chaos Team S(3+) - Single Competitive Pokemon
- Chaos Team D(1+) - Double/Triple Competitive Pokemon
- Chaos Team Z(1+) - Uber Competitive Pokemon
- Wonder Trade(1-4) - Reject Bread Pokemon Ready for WT

On Bank(JP)
- Pokedex(24) - Pokemon No.001-718
- Unown Ruin(1) - All 28 Unown form
- Platinum(1) - All Event Pokemon
- Shine Room(1) - Shiny Pokemon
- Etc.(1) - Vivion and Deerling

Last edited:
Mine looks something like this:

Random (4): A box for random pokemon that I may breed later
Ditto (2): A box just for dittos
Utility: A box for pickup mons, HM slaves, flame body, etc...
Synchronize: A box for synchronize users
Spitbacks (3): A box for spitbacks
HA/EM (4): A box for pokemon with hidden abilities, egg moves, or chaining hidden power iv's
Pokerus: A box for pokemon with Pokerus
Legendary: A box for legendaries
Shiny (2): A box for shinies
Eggs: A box for eggs
Bred (6): A box for pokemon who are bred properly but not yet ev trained
Other Comp (2): A box for pokemon who are fully trained and bred used for something other than OU or UU singles battles.
UU Completed: A box for UU pokemon that are fully trained and bred
OU Completed (2): A box for OU pokemon that are fully trained and bred

I have the boxes listed out in order of pokedex number, since I am working on a living pokedex. That leaves me with 6 boxes for other things. I'll list them here.
Special- holds shinies & IV/EV trained mons
Training- holds mons I'm trying to evolve, breed or still need to EV train.
Breeders- holds my spitbacks I've obtained over wonder trade
Breed Rejects- holds my spitbacks
Wonder Trade- also holds my spitbacks (waiting for poke bank then I'll be wonder trading like crazy)
Eggs- eggs go here

I'm running out of space; I'll be quite happy when poke bank is released!

mine is just completely random random with no sort of organization at all. I don't know how I don't lose track of my flawless and trained pokemon.

It depends on when you ask. During the course of the adventure I'd answer 1, but after that I'd say 5 (which I did). I organize my boxes like so:

Box 1 - Nat. Dex # 1-30
Box 2 - Nat. Dex # 31-60
and so on

I do not, however, store region native Pokemon in the PC to save room for breeding and other things. This usually leaves me just enough room to store Synchronizers + 1 Flame Body mon + two Chatots (for RNG) + competitive teams and a little more.

Every Gen I just upload the Nat. Dex up to the current gen, then capture and release native mons to leave room. I usually clone whatever RNG'd mons I need before uploading them, so they're stored on multiple carts and can be uploaded when needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)