Peakmons

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
When Roar and Whirlwind had 0 priority, they also had to move last to work, for obvious reasons, I don't think you could really qualify that as a peak, and 0 priority whirlwind/roar should not be a thing lol

edit: when they had 0 priority they had no effect in trainer battles (first gen), I was thinking of second gen, when it had -1 priority and had to go last to work

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Double Edge has a recoil of 1/4 not 1/3
Bubblebeam has a 30% chance to lower speed
Dig has a power of 100
Blizzard has a 30% chance to freeze
Metronome can use Counter, Assist, and Feint
Assist can use Roar and Whirlwind
Thunder Wave hits through substitute

When Roar and Whirlwind had 0 priority, they also had to move last to work, for obvious reasons, I don't think you could really qualify that as a peak, and 0 priority whirlwind/roar should not be a thing lol

edit: when they had 0 priority they had no effect in trainer battles (first gen), I was thinking of second gen, when it had -1 priority and had to go last to work
By that logic we shouldn't buff Thunder's accuracy since it had its accuracy when weather was not around

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
By that logic we shouldn't buff Thunder's accuracy since it had its accuracy when weather was not around
Thunder has had 70% accuracy since gen 1

And I don't see how gen 1 was a peak for whirlwind or roar when it had no effect in trainer battles, if anything this is a good thing, because 0 priority phasing is really dumb.

Edit: to clarify, 0 priority phasing was never a mechanic, and if I understand correctly this is implementing mechanics at their peak?

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor

And I don't see how gen 1 was a peak for whirlwind or roar when it had no effect in trainer battles, if anything this is a good thing, because 0 priority phasing is really dumb.
I can agree with you on that its a dumb thing, but its when it was at its peak in terms of priority, so it must be done. Also I thought thunder had 85% accuracy in Gen 1, lol. But yeah a better example would have probably been that high jump kick should have a base PP of 10 since 130 Power 20 Base PP High Jump Kick was never a thing, it basically negates the point of this meta. Speaking of which

High Jump Kick has a base PP of 20 (Not sure what this is on the simulator)

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Edit: to clarify, 0 priority phasing was never a mechanic, and if I understand correctly this is implementing mechanics at their peak?
When I refer to a move being at its peak, I don't just mean taking a move from the generation it was best at, I mean we take elements from a move from every generation it's been in, and put them into the move in Peakmons. So in gen 1, Roar and Whirlwind have 0 priority but can't work in a trainer battle, but as Prankster Riolu has shown us, you can Roar something out when you move first. So with that said, Roar and Whirlwind at 0 priority will work even if the user moves first. But I'm still thinking about disallowing them from being buffed in the first place, since they'd be extremely broken otherwise.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
When I refer to a move being at its peak, I don't just mean taking a move from the generation it was best at, I mean we take elements from a move from every generation it's been in, and put them into the move in Peakmons. So in gen 1, Roar and Whirlwind have 0 priority but can't work in a trainer battle, but as Prankster Riolu has shown us, you can Roar something out when you move first. So with that said, Roar and Whirlwind at 0 priority will work even if the user moves first. But I'm still thinking about disallowing them from being buffed in the first place, since they'd be extremely broken otherwise.
It would probably be best to ban them or give them -1 priority since it had that in Gen 2, which was its second highest

Valmanway I have an idea for stuff like Low Sweep that got their power buffed to be higher than 60. They keep their new BP but still get boosted by Technician.
I also have something similar for HP. It has 70 BP but still gets boosted by Technician.

Valmanway

Valmanway I have an idea for stuff like Low Sweep that got their power buffed to be higher than 60. They keep their new BP but still get boosted by Technician.
I also have something similar for HP. It has 70 BP but still gets boosted by Technician.
The thing with Low Sweep is dropping the power is considered a nerf. I understand that you would only see it on Technician sets, but by definition, dropping the power of a move is a nerf. Also, HP can't get the Technician buff because it's at 70 power, and Technician has always only effected moves of 60< power.

The thing with Low Sweep is dropping the power is considered a nerf. I understand that you would only see it on Technician sets, but by definition, dropping the power of a move is a nerf. Also, HP can't get the Technician buff because it's at 70 power, and Technician has always only effected moves of 60< power.
I feel like you misread my post. I never once suggested lowering BP. You can rewrite Technician to also activate on those kinds of moves (low sweep, Giga Drain, Drain Punch, Hidden Power, any others this also applies to).

Valmanway

I feel like you misread my post. I never once suggested lowering BP. You can rewrite Technician to also activate on those kinds of moves (low sweep, Giga Drain, Drain Punch, Hidden Power, any others this also applies to).
OHHH, my bad. But yeah, we don't make things in a way that never existed in-game.

Full list of moves formerly affected by Technician that are now 65 BP or higher:

-Low Sweep/Bulldoze
-Brine/Hex/Venoshock (if power is not doubled due to additional effect)
-Wake-Up Slap (if power is not doubled due to additional effect)
-Smelling Salts
-Drain Punch
-Giga Drain
-Water Pledge/Fire Pledge/Grass Pledge (power raised by more than 50%)
-Knock Off (power raised by more than 50%)
-Chatter (for completeness' sake, even though Chatot doesn't get Technician)

IMO, these moves should be kept at their current power instead of nerfing their use on non-Technician users.

Some other buffs, from Gen I:

Pokémon cannot attack on the turn they wake up.
If a damaging move is used on a Pokémon using Bide, non-damaging moves will count as having done the same damage.
Double-Edge only does 1/3 recoil
When the user is badly poisoned, Haze changes it to regular poison.
Substitutes get hurt by confusion, not the Pokémon behind them.
If something gets fully paralyzed/hurts itself in confusion while semi-invulnerable, it will stay semi-invulnerable but still be able to attack.
Seismic Toss affects Ghost-types, and Night Shade affects Normal-types.
Karate Chop has a high critical hit rate in Gen I. In R/S and G/S, it is two stages higher rather than one stage.

Full list of moves formerly affected by Technician that are now 65 BP or higher:

-Low Sweep/Bulldoze
-Smelling Salts
-Drain Punch
-Giga Drain

IMO, these moves should be kept at their current power instead of nerfing their use on non-Technician users.

-Low Sweep/Bulldoze
-Smelling Salts
-Drain Punch
-Giga Drain

bulldoze is still 60 BP.

speaking of which remember how everyone said gen 1 mewtwo was so op because of amnesia and massive special stat what happens to other pokemon that has high special and amnesia like slowbro

Valmanway

speaking of which remember how everyone said gen 1 mewtwo was so op because of amnesia and massive special stat what happens to other pokemon that has high special and amnesia like slowbro
Since there's Special Attack and Special Defense, Amnesia will only raise Special Defense. Special was its own stat back then, so I'll just leave it at that.

Blissey with blizzard, now has 90 accuracy, 60% freeze chance with serene grace and gen 1 freeze mechanics, need I say more
If you don't like Freeze If you froze something,, Fire Blast burns 60% = 100% of the time and happens to have some pretty good Coverage with Blizzard.

cyanize

Mantra Good I Casted So Many Spells U Idiot
is a Community Contributor
Jeez, I hope that Explosion doesn't keep you alive if you destroy a sub. Because if it does, in Doubles/Triples you could have a Prankster Substitute-er and Scarf Explosion, which would break the subs and keep you alive but kill the enemies in the process.

*shudder*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)