Pet Mods General Discussion Thread

Regional Mons LC

Concept: LC Pokemon that are specific to each region are grouped together and battled at level 5!

Regional Birds-
Kanto: Pidgey
Johto: Hoothoot
Hoenn: Taillow / Wingull
Sinnoh: Starly
Unova: Pidove
Kalos: Fletchling
Alola: Pikipek

Regional Rodents-
Kanto: Rattata
Johto: Sentret
Hoenn: Zigzagoon
Sinnoh: Bidoof
Unova: Patrat
Kalos: Bunnelby
Alola: Yungoos / Rattata

Regional Bugs-
Kanto: Caterpie / Weedle
Johto: Ledyba / Spinarak
Hoenn: Wurmple
Sinnoh: Kricketot
Unova: Sewaddle
Kalos: Scatterbug
Alola: Grubbin

Regional Pikachu Clone-
Kanto: Pikachu
Johto: Pichu
Hoenn: Plusle / Minun
Sinnoh: Pachirisu
Unova: Emolga
Kalos: Dedenne
Alola: Togedemaru

Regional Pseudo Legend-
Kanto: Dratini
Johto: Larvitar
Hoenn: Bagon / Beldum
Sinnoh: Gible
Unova: Deino
Kalos: Goomy
Alola: Jangmo-o

Rules / Bans: Dragon Rage, Light Ball banned

Preliminary Threatlist: Larvitar, Beldum

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Regional Mons LC

Concept: LC Pokemon that are specific to each region are grouped together and battled at level 5!

Regional Birds-

Regional Rodents-

Regional Bugs-

Regional Pikachu Clone-

Regional Pseudo Legend-

The pikaclones aren’t legal in LC (single stage evolutions) and Beldum only has Takedown for damage, so it’s pretty terrible. Personally don’t really understand this meta, one “group” would eventually be found to be better than the others and would just be exclusively used imo

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Regional Mons LC

Regional Birds-

Regional Rodents-

Regional Bugs-

Regional Pikachu Clone-

Regional Pseudo Legend-

How is that a pet mod?

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Why are pet mods not legible for om of the month?
It takes more code to implement a Pet Mod onto the server, plus there's a much smaller following compared to OMs.
There’s also the fact that most Pet Mods are required to use Import/Export as the moves/mons/abilities/items aren’t in the actual showdown.

I'm not sure if this would technically be a Other Meta or Pet Mod.
Premise: Type are switched with next type that comes next in the alphabet. This includes the Pokemon's type and the type of moves.
Bug -> Dark ->Dragon -> Electric -> Fairy -> Fighting -> Fire -> Flying -> Ghost -> Grass -> Ground -> Ice -> Normal -> Poison -> Psychic ->Rock -> Steel -> Water ->
Scizor (Dark/Water) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
- Superpower(Fire)
- Bullet Punch(Water)
- Knock Off(Dragon)
- U-turn(Dark)

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
I'm not sure if this would technically be a Other Meta or Pet Mod.
Premise: Type are switched with next type that comes next in the alphabet. This includes the Pokemon's type and the type of moves.
Bug -> Dark ->Dragon -> Electric -> Fairy -> Fighting -> Fire -> Flying -> Ghost -> Grass -> Ground -> Ice -> Normal -> Poison -> Psychic ->Rock -> Steel -> Water ->
Scizor (Dark/Water) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
- Superpower(Fire)
- Bullet Punch(Water)
- Knock Off(Dragon)
- U-turn(Dark)
OM. It also already have been proposed multiple times with slight differences.

Ludicrousity

OMs are meta games that follow a single rule, with no exceptions. MnM allows all (within reason) mons to use a mega stone, for example.

Pet Mods are sorta the same, but follow a much wider range of rules. For AbNormal, it’s easy to say “Normal isn’t a type”, but you still need to assign a type to all mons, as it couldn’t follow a specific rule like “all normal type moves and Pokemon become psychic type”, as it wouldn’t make sense

Ever Growing
Premise: A meta that starts with a limited amount that gets a change to Pokemon, mechanics and/or items every week and new evolutionary line added every month.
Vikavolt Line
Drapion Line
Druddigon
Wormadam/Mothim Line
Florges Line
Bewear Line
Magmorter Line
Unfezant Line
Driftblim Line
Bellossom/Vileplume Line
Golurk Line
Cryogonal
Bouffalant
Arbok Line
Beheeyem Line
Corsola
Bronzong Line
Clawitzer Line

Prankmons/Trickmons

Petmod premise: Prankster moves and priority moves used by them bypass Psychic Terrain, Ditto uses its special powders before transforming, and Zoroark copies one move and the ability of pokemon it is disguising as if it has one empty moveslot.
Potential bans and threats: Shedinja, Shadow Tag and Arena Trap as bans, MBanette, Ditto, and Zoroark as threats
Questions for the community:
1: This Metagame is designed to be themed around pranks and tricks. Does it follow/convey that theme while being a playable, fun meta?
2: Zoroark functions in that it can leech one move and ability off of the pokemon it is disguising as, but only as long as the disguise is up. Would this be too overpowered of a buff?
3: Similarly, will Ditto be too overpowered with Quick Powder (Multiplies Ditto’s speed by 2) and Metal Powder ( Multiplies Ditto’s defense by 2) if it gets these boosts while transformed?
4: Does the name of the meta express its premise clearly?

I kind of want to see what it would be like if the "Pokemon" used in the Pokestar studio became actually Pokemon.
Pokestar Humanoid
Normal/Ghost
Insomnia
70/115/120/90/70/65 [BST 530]

Movepool:
Scratch
Shadow Claw
Acid
Dark Pulse
Slash
Shadow Claw
Night Slash
Double-Edge
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Explosion
Self Destruct
Shadow Sneak
Shadow Ball
Knock Off
Nasty Plot
Return
Psychic
Psycho Cut
Trick
Hyper Voice
Pain Split

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
Prankmons/Trickmons

Petmod premise: Prankster moves and priority moves used by them bypass Psychic Terrain, Ditto uses its special powders before transforming, and Zoroark copies one move and the ability of pokemon it is disguising as if it has one empty moveslot.
Potential bans and threats: Shedinja, Shadow Tag and Arena Trap as bans, MBanette, Ditto, and Zoroark as threats
Questions for the community:
1: This Metagame is designed to be themed around pranks and tricks. Does it follow/convey that theme while being a playable, fun meta?
2: Zoroark functions in that it can leech one move and ability off of the pokemon it is disguising as, but only as long as the disguise is up. Would this be too overpowered of a buff?
3: Similarly, will Ditto be too overpowered with Quick Powder (Multiplies Ditto’s speed by 2) and Metal Powder ( Multiplies Ditto’s defense by 2) if it gets these boosts while transformed?
4: Does the name of the meta express its premise clearly?
- I think Zoroark can be contained since it's very frail and the other thing being that people would know that Zoroark can do this. Although this doesn't mean that it'll be bad, it could be a really powerful force in the Pet Mod.

- I think Ditto might be a bit too powerful with those boosts. Most ideally it won't be forced to run Choice Scarf and now would be able to do much more than just revenge killing. That'd also limit the opponent from setting up their set-up sweepers even more intensively than Marshadow and Ditto can just switchout any time in the game.

- I think Prankmons would be better as Trickmons can be confused with the move Trick.

- Overall the Pet Mod sounds cool to me, would be great if more pranks/tricks could be added on.

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
Umm I'm new to this plase umm how dose this plase work
Hi! Welcome to the Pet Mods subforum of the Other Metagames forum.
Pet Mods are metagames which follow a certain same objective but with custom changes i.e. each aspect (Pokemon, Moves, Items, Abilities, and others) are modified individually having specific changes, since there are a huge number of these mechanics, these are made usually in slates of 3-4 Pokemon (Or other mechanics), then comes the submission phase in which users (Anyone can) make their submissions of modifications of those Pokemon nominated in the slates. Submission phases usually last for a week. Then the voting phase in which again the users vote for what they feel the most suitable submission is and the most voted submission is selected as the winner out of that slate and that modification is done to that Pokemon (Or other mechanics). Then the next slate starts.

To make things clear, here's an example:
  • Eternal Pokemon is a Pet Mod in which the main premise is to make eternal forme of every non-fully evolved Pokemon.
  • A slate of 4 Pokemon was made here
  • Scroll down and you'll see people submitting Eternal forme of these Pokemon along with a signature move.
  • Submissions closed and voting options here
  • From the next page you'll see people voting for the submissions that were made. (Each Pet Mod follows a certain rule of voting which can be found in the first post in the thread of the Pet Mod)
  • At the end of the voting phase, the votes are tallied up and the submission with the most vote wins (Here The winning submissions being Chazm's Gloom, S.Court's Weepinbell, and Earlio's Nuzleaf)
  • In case of a tie of votes between two or more submissions, a tiebreaker is made (As you can see for Exeggute between Earlio and Origin0 in that link)
  • Then a new slate is again picked up and the same follows up.

It's absolutely simple and you'll get used to it in no time after doing some submissions! The community would be more than happy to help.

A lot of Pet Mods are playable as well, info on their status here (This is outdated and the Pet Mods have been coded further beyond what's stated there now but you can get to know the servers which host those Pet Mods.

That's all basically how this place works.
Other than that, a lot of Pet Mods have their own Discord servers (Can be found in the first post of their thread) which follow up the metagame discussion and here's the general Pet Mods Discord server.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I kind of want to see what it would be like if the "Pokemon" used in the Pokestar studio became actually Pokemon.
Pokestar Humanoid
Normal/Ghost
Insomnia
70/115/120/90/70/65 [BST 530]

Movepool:
Scratch
Shadow Claw
Acid
Dark Pulse
Slash
Shadow Claw
Night Slash
Double-Edge
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Explosion
Self Destruct
Shadow Sneak
Shadow Ball
Knock Off
Nasty Plot
Return
Psychic
Psycho Cut
Trick
Hyper Voice
Pain Split
I always thought this would be a cool idea. Let me try it out!

Pokestar Name: F-00-Broken
Stats: 68/116/92/100/75/99 (550)
Abilities: Reckless, Download
Type:
/
Moves: Everything it and fixed F-00 uses in the Everlasting Memories series + Double-Edge, Volt Switch, Parabolic Charge, Overheat, Shift Gear, Return, Frustration, Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Tri Attack, Curse, Shadow Ball, Explosion, Thunder, Flamethrower, Discharge
Overview: Picture a weird mix of Genesect, Klinklang and Bouffalant, and you get F-00-Broken. Mixed LO and Shift Gear sweeper sets will probably be the go-to sets for this guy.

Gotta admit, there's a lot of potential here.

Wasn't there a tier that add evolutions to pokemon? Where did it go? Would people be intrested n some kind of revival?

Ludicrousity

Wasn't there a tier that add evolutions to pokemon? Where did it go? Would people be intrested n some kind of revival?
I'm sure you mean The Coplete Pokédex Project. I'm not entirely sure what was final on it, but I'd personally submit fot it if it was revived
Yeah, it was The Complete Pokedex Project V3, I was running it. I don't actually think anything we did there was added to the sheet, so... I have no clue where about we are on it

Hi everyone ! I'm a newcomer here, so could someone please give an answer to my probably naive questions ?

I've been looking here and there for a "hax-free" metagame, and it looks like one existed few years ago but wasn't really popular.
Do you think a decent proposal of something like this would now get some enthusiasm ?
If I submit a metagame, will I have to code it myself or will some nice people do it for me ?

Thank you for your answers.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Hi everyone ! I'm a newcomer here, so could someone please give an answer to my probably naive questions ?

I've been looking here and there for a "hax-free" metagame, and it looks like one existed few years ago but wasn't really popular.
Do you think a decent proposal of something like this would now get some enthusiasm ?
If I submit a metagame, will I have to code it myself or will some nice people do it for me ?

Thank you for your answers.
Nah, probably not. Seems super dull. Like, woopee, Scald is useless now. So?

As for your coding question, you'll have to ask some people if they will code it for you. Som users you can ask are Charizard888, Ezaphs and G-Luke.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
can pet mods implement graphics for their pocket monsters these days? back when i worked on one i believe it wasn't possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)