ORAS OU Pikachu Can Do It Too! Peaked #77 at 1855

So I haven’t really taken OU too seriously since XY OU due to the Greninja ban, so I kind of just dabbled with it here and there using random teams. One of the teams utilized Mega Venusaur and Pikachu as a sort of troll team, and after seeing more success in that team than I thought I’d get, I decided to make a more “serious” team and try to reach top 100 on the OU ladder. Now that I’ve accomplished that goal, I’d like to share the team with you.

So after throwing some things around, the final team ended up coming full circle and being my XY OU team, but subbing out Choice Scarf Greninja with a Pikachu and eventually changing Zard X to Zard Y. It sounds a little boring, but my XY team still fits most of the roles I needed it to and I ended up coming back to it.

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite Y

Ability: Blaze

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Flamethrower

- Solar Beam

- Focus Blast

- Roost

The Charizard I actually used was hasty nature, probably because I considered using earthquake over focus blast at one point, but this is what I would’ve went with. It’s a typical Charizard-Y set with focus blast to hit Heatran and TTar. This was originally a Dragon Dance Charizard-X with Earthquake, but in the upper parts of the ladder I found myself running into all of the Charizard-X counters such as Slowbro, Quagsire, Landorus-T, Hippowdon, etc very often, and since Talonflame has a similar problem against these same Pokemon, I decided to give Charizard-Y a try. Part of it was my stubbornness to have Charizard on my team, and the other was that there were times where the opponent would guess wrong on which Charizard I had back when I was running X since my team apparently didn’t make it as obvious as I thought. Having just made this switch recently, he does have some huge flaws, like having close to no chance against dragons or any sort of physical attacker, but he did have his moments. Flamethrower was chosen over Fire Blast for consistency.

Talonflame (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Gale Wings

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Brave Bird

- Flare Blitz

- U-turn

- Tailwind

Talonflame is my answer to sweepers not named Dragonite. With a choice band and an adamant nature, Talonflame gains the ability to potentially score ohkos on Latios, Charizard-Y, Azumarill after its belly drum into sitrus berry, Tornadus-T, offensive Starmie, Mega Gardevoir, etc. It also scores a 2HKO on scarf Landorus-T. A little prior damage made some of the ohko’s absolute, but I couldn’t really find room for stealth rock on this team while using a defogger. With a choice band, I only really needed those 3 offensive moves, so I decided to use tailwind as the last move in the event that all I needed is for one of my other pokemon to be momentarily faster to secure the win.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers

Ability: Teravolt

EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe

Rash Nature

- Ice Beam

- Earth Power

- Fusion Bolt

- Substitute

It’s amazing how well Kyurem-B can take out entire teams on its own. Kyurem-B’s original purpose was to give me an option against Manaphy and an already boosted Azumarill as well as electric types. It’s also good at dealing with unboosted Dragonite as well as Mega Venusaur. Hidden power fire was a consideration for Scizor and Ferrothorn, but the opportunity lost from ditching any of the other moves was too great. HP EVs give you 101 subs for Chansey, though you won’t be doing much to it. He makes a good lead at times since people expect the choice scarf when you do, then you just set up a substitute. He may or may not have frozen some key Pokemon to win me some matches…..

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Technician

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe

Careful Nature

- Bullet Punch

- U-turn

- Defog

- Knock Off

The team’s defogger. Careful nature with max bulk was used to endure hidden power fires and other special attacks, giving me an opportunity to defog while my opponent thinks they’ve killed me. The rest of the moves are staple.

Some calcs for Scizor

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Scizor: 286-338 (83.1 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Scizor: 116-136 (33.7 - 39.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

-2 252 SpA Life Orb Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Scizor: 146-172 (42.4 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Scizor: 203-239 (59 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Clefable Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Scizor: 208-248 (60.4 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Scizor: 220-260 (63.9 - 75.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Regenerator

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Bold Nature

- Scald

- Flamethrower

- Thunder Wave

- Ice Beam

Physical tank of the team. Slowbro’s main objective was to paralyze stuff and burn things that couldn’t be paralyzed. He also serves as the perfect bait for Pikachu to score a lightning rod boost. Ice beam used to be psychic for the occasional Conkeldurr, but since I switched Charizard-X to Charizard-Y, I absolutely needed a good move to hit dragons with, namely Dragonite. Flamethrower was used for unsuspecting Scizors as well as Ferrothorn switch-ins.

Pikachu (M) @ Light Ball

Ability: Lightning Rod

EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Modest Nature

- Thunderbolt

- Endeavor

- Substitute

- Hidden Power [Ice]

And for the reason you’re even reading this. It’s no Greninja, but I thought it’d be cool to beat people with it. Pikachu kind of surprised me in that it wasn’t completely useless, unless my opponent ran a team of hyper offense that all outsped Pikachu. As cool and tempting as Volt Tackle is, I had to use thunderbolt to abuse lightning rod and to ohko Slowbro who was a problem for the team. Hidden power Ice was invaluable against Landorus-T and Grass types. Substitute allows you to capitalize on switches and acts as a shield to help you score KOs on things that are faster than Pikachu. For the last spot, I dabbled with grass knot, focus punch, knock off, and reversal, but since it seemed that none of these were covering all the options I wanted, I ended up going for a little trick I picked up watching Worlds 2016, Endeavor. Endeavor gave me a surprise factor of being able to bring literally anything I wanted to death percentage, where if Pikachu couldn’t pick them off, Talonflame or Scizor could from that point. Pikachu can use endeavor from full health and do a lot to a bulky pokemon, and using substitute to wittle down your own HP makes it even deadlier. I actually did try using a Thundurus in place of Pikachu for a little bit, and even though he was better for the most part, I preferred being able to completely nullify electric type moves. If the opponent is choiced and hits Pikachu with an electric move, he just gets to have a field day with your opponent. If they don’t, Pikachu bites the dust and your opponent locks themselves into an awkward move that allows you to do something with your next Pokemon. Pikachu actually doesn’t need a +speed nature, as there really isn’t anything important in the 279-306 ranges of speed. Most of the things you’ll be hitting are much slower than it, and you also need as much offensive investment as possible. For example, a modest nature barely scores the OHKO on rocky helmet Landorus-T. I found that Pikachu needs all the defense it can get, meaning yes, it can actually live a few things. With neutral defenses, it is able to barely live Manectric’s flamethrower, Clefable’s moonblast, non-CB Azumarill’s aqua jet, and potentially Magnezone’s flash cannon. 0 attack IVs made it so that you can potentially live 2 foul plays from full health.

Some calcs showing how Modest nature is necessary to stand a chance:

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pikachu: 175-207 (82.9 - 98.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pikachu: 169-201 (80 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pikachu: 192-226 (90.9 - 107.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pikachu: 162-192 (76.7 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pikachu: 186-220 (88.1 - 104.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Light Ball Pikachu Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 384-456 (100.5 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Light Ball Pikachu Hidden Power Ice vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 364-432 (87.2 - 103.5%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

0 Atk Mega Sableye Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pikachu: 91-108 (43.1 - 51.1%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO

Obviously this team has its flaws. Some of the biggest threats to this team are:

Scarf Tyranitar – Scizor and Slowbro are the only things that don’t straight up die to this thing. I usually have to slowly chip away at it after paralyzing it with Slowbro, utilizing tailwind, or pray for some stone edge misses.

Latios – Scizor is the only thing that can take the draco meteor, and for Slowbro it’s a damage range. Talonflame can potentially ohko it.

Mega Diancie – Similar to Tyranitar, it outspeeds everything and threatens the ohko on everything. Usually have to chip away at it with Slowbro so Talonflame can take it out, or catch them slipping and bullet punch them with scizor.

Chansey – Status does nothing to it, and players are too smart to keep it in to get knock offed by Scizor. Since I had no way to stop it from switching to a better match up, my best way of dealing with it was Pikachu’s endeavor. Knock off with Pikachu was really good in this situation since Chanseys typically don’t fear Pikachu.

So yeah, that’s the team. Here are some replays showing the team doing business. There were a lot of times where they received the business, but let’s not talk about that. Some of these vids will have Charizard X in them as the mega switch was made fairly recently. One of the vids has me using Keldeo over Kyurem-B.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-417888692

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-423505714

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-424737330

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-425276556

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-425296634

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-425799261

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-425988898

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-426275021

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-426607352

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-426708199

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-426948442

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-427963488

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-428005600

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-428048114

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-428054442

Proof of peak:
More ORAS Top 100 (2).png

Last edited:
Hi. Really cool team you have there and gratz on your peak.

I find it cool to build around some lower tier mons occasionally but this team really just blows me away. Ngl I wouldn't even expect this team to get to the 1700s lol.

On to my suggestions:

Fire Blast > Flamethrower
Since you are running a Timid nature, Fire Blast would be better as Zard Y is a wallbreaker and it would be nicer for it to dish out more damage in one go. It nabs some kills over Flamethrower such as OHKOing Lando-T from full and it also deals more damage in general so you have an easier time against some fat mons.

Roost > Knock Off
On a Zard Y team, it is absolutely necessary to have a reliable Hazard Remover, which is why your Scizor needs reliable recovery badly. You do not want it dying too early and having your Zard Y lose half of its health every time it comes in. Since you have U-Turn on TFlame, I thought it would be a good idea to keep the VoltTurn core so I decided to replace Knock Off.

EV Set: 252HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD , Bold Nature; Moves: Scald, Psyshock, Calm Mind/Thunder Wave, Slack Off
This set allows you to take 2 Hydro Pumps from Keldeo all the time after Rocks. I suggested Calm Mind on this guy as it gives you a wincon for this team and also allows you to boost and hit harder. You could still keep TWave though, as your team is rather slow.

Here are the sets:
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Scizor @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

And with that, I have come to the end of this rate. Hope I helped and have a nice day!

Here is an importable of the team:

Code:
Pikachu (M) @ Light Ball
Ability: Lightning Rod
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Endeavor
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Flamethrower
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Knock Off

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Substitute

Talonflame (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Hi. Really cool team you have there and gratz on your peak.

I find it cool to build around some lower tier mons occasionally but this team really just blows me away. Ngl I wouldn't even expect this team to get to the 1700s lol.

On to my suggestions:

Fire Blast > Flamethrower
Since you are running a Timid nature, Fire Blast would be better as Zard Y is a wallbreaker and it would be nicer for it to dish out more damage in one go. It nabs some kills over Flamethrower such as OHKOing Lando-T from full and it also deals more damage in general so you have an easier time against some fat mons.

Roost > Knock Off
On a Zard Y team, it is absolutely necessary to have a reliable Hazard Remover, which is why your Scizor needs reliable recovery badly. You do not want it dying too early and having your Zard Y lose half of its health every time it comes in. Since you have U-Turn on TFlame, I thought it would be a good idea to keep the VoltTurn core so I decided to replace Knock Off.

EV Set: 252HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD , Bold Nature; Moves: Scald, Psyshock, Calm Mind/Thunder Wave, Slack Off
This set allows you to take 2 Hydro Pumps from Keldeo all the time after Rocks. I suggested Calm Mind on this guy as it gives you a wincon for this team and also allows you to boost and hit harder. You could still keep TWave though, as your team is rather slow.

Here are the sets:
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Scizor @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

And with that, I have come to the end of this rate. Hope I helped and have a nice day!
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely give them a look. The only one I'm a little skeptical on is Slowbro. Just because of how my team is built, I need a way to kill Dragonite ASAP or it'll trample me if it manages to get +2 or more. The EVs look good though.

Hey man! Really interesting team you have especially utilizing pikachu.
But firstly where is your stealth rocker and your proof of peak you mentioned in the title?

Hey man! Really interesting team you have especially utilizing pikachu.
But firstly where is your stealth rocker and your proof of peak you mentioned in the title?
I've never used stealth rock in gen 6. I always felt it was counter intuitive since defog was my main method of hazard removal, and it was much more important for me to keep rocks off my field than to keep them up on my opponent's side since I'm running Charizard and Talonflame. As for proof of the peak:
More ORAS Top 100 (2).png

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hey nice team man, you have actually made a team around pikachu and made it work!
Credit to you, as seeing the replays, pikachu actually does quite a bit of work for the team. Though not much to rate, but fire blast>flamethrower, just on timid char its just better(you get to 2hko latios i think). Roost actually takes pressure of scizor as preserving char-y, tflame is pretty important for the team, for breaking through most stuff.
Just a nitpick though, how do you play against stall though, half of the team is hard-walled by chansey, and if you reveal endeavor on pikachu early, it mostly stays away from you.
Also mega diancie with steel killer is a massive threat though as scizor doesn't have roost and tbh max attack diancie 2hkoes you with diamond storm after that(standard one does around 45)

Hey nice team man, you have actually made a team around pikachu and made it work!
Credit to you, as seeing the replays, pikachu actually does quite a bit of work for the team. Though not much to rate, but fire blast>flamethrower, just on timid char its just better(you get to 2hko latios i think). Roost actually takes pressure of scizor as preserving char-y, tflame is pretty important for the team, for breaking through most stuff.
Just a nitpick though, how do you play against stall though, half of the team is hard-walled by chansey, and if you reveal endeavor on pikachu early, it mostly stays away from you.
Also mega diancie with steel killer is a massive threat though as scizor doesn't have roost and tbh max attack diancie 2hkoes you with diamond storm after that(standard one does around 45)
Yeah those threats are really tough as pointed out in the original post. With Chansey, you kind of have to throw Pikachu out there and see if Chansey's willing to stay in and spam seismic toss on you. If they are, you can endeavor at around 25% or so and be able to secure the KO with endeavor into thunderbolt. If they decide to take Pikachu out after endeavoring, or if you endeavored without a substitute, you left a hole in their Chansey for the rest of your team to hopefully capitalize on. If they switch, you threaten endeavor on their next pokemon since everything on stall is slower than Pikachu (if your opponent spams recover or has sableye, this is kind of a problem). Stall is still a super hard match up for the team, and I've definitely lost to it more than I've beaten it.

For Diancie, I showed 1 or 2 times where I had to predict their counterplay and just yolo bullet punch them with Scizor (not the best answer I know). Slowbro can take a diamond storm and a moonblast and score a scald on Diancie, which then puts it in kill range for Talonflame's brave bird. If I score the burn, more power to me since switching in Scizor is pretty safe at this point to give Slowbro some recovery. Having a substitute up with Kyurem or Pikachu before Diancie comes in helps wear it down too. Talonflame is also one point faster than Diancie, so it can chip away at it with U-turn if Diancie isn't quite at Brave Bird percentage. Theoretically, there's suicide Tailwind into Charizard's Solar Beam as well, but I've never done it before.

Last edited:

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Hey PokeTroopa, Pikachu is quite innovative and I tried this team out because I always like funny underrated mons. I changed a few sets that work a bit better in my opinion, so I'll share my suggestions with you. First of all, you have three Pokemon that don't enjoy entry hazards being up, so Scizor should be around for the whole game or at least until you manage to KO your opponent's setters. So, I'd recommend you to run Defog itemless Scizor with some defensive investment; this will allow you to get a free switch against Weavile (even Choice Band variants), because you have literally 0 safe switches and that might score 6-0 to your team. As another rater suggested above, Roost over Knock Off is mandatory to increase its longevity, allowing it to perform its role as a Defogger for the entire match. This Scizor set will still be able to check important Special threats like Gardevoir-Mega.

Then you mentioned that you have some issues with Diancie, which is understandable, so you can run a one-time lure (Steel Wing over Tailwind on Talonflame), though I like Tailwind's concept in this kind of team. Therefore, the other option is replacing Slowbro with his friend Slowking. Differently from Slowbro, the latter thanks to its more balanced defensive stats, it can completely switch into Diancie, by avoiding 2HKO from Diamond Storm and Moonblast (even by max Attack variants of Mega-Diancie). About the set, I really like the idea of having a Ferrothorn lure in Flamethrower, so you can either stay with Scald | Flamethrower | Thunder Wave | Slack Off or go for a Calm Mind variant. The former will 2HKO Ferrothorn, whereas the latter can be a good lategame sweeper, while still threatening Ferrothorn with Scald burns. Finally, Slowking also provides a solid switch-in for Latios which can threaten your whole team besides Scizor, that might be taken off by Hidden Power Fire, which isn't so uncommon nowadays.

Anyways, that's all, I'll leave you the sets below.
Scizor
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 32 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

or

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 32 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Flamethrower
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Good luck with your team and grats on your ladder peak :)

Hey man, I hope you are well and props on such an inventive team, I've laddered extensively with it and found it to be both effective and enjoyable to use. Here are my findings;
Pikachu doesn't contribute a great deal to the success of the team. I think it would be beneficial to replace it with a Pokemon that is also immune to Electric but provides Stealth Rock support and helps against the primary threats to your team.
Strong options include Mixed Defensive Hippowdon, Defensive or Scarf Lando T etc.
However I feel the Pokemon that best suits the team is actually Dugtrio with the following set;

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
IVs; 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 Sp Def
252 Atk / 252 Spd
Stealth Rock
Reversal
Earthquake
Substitute

This traps and kills every single one of Choice Scarf Magnezone, Scarf Ttar, Mega Diancie, Chansey, Mega Manectric, Raikou and more besides, all of which are massive threats to the team currently. It also has the advantage of trapping and killing Heatran which is often a team's main answer to Talonflame and Charizard Y.
Stealth Rocks are still mandatory on teams in my view for the chip damage but also breaking Sashes, Sturdy and Dragonite's Multiscale. Also Dugtrio allows you to set Stealth Rocks against the infamous Mega Sableye stall teams.

The only Pokemon on your threat list Dugtrio doesn't assist against is Latios but I second Tricking's excellent suggestion to change Scizor to the following set;

Scizor
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Personally I would switch Flamethrower on Slowbro for Psyshock. The only two targets Flamethrower is intended to hit are Scizor and Ferrothorn, neither of which enjoy switching in to a potential Scald burn anyway. Not only this but both of them are free switchins to Talonflame and Charizard Y which clearly threaten the hell out of them (barring TWave Ferro which you would scout for earlier in the match by switching into Scizor). If Stealth Rocks are already up on your field, Ferrothorn invites Scizor in which can Defog to it's hearts content against it, before U Turning into either Talon or Charizard.
Psyshock is more important due to the potential issues that Sub CM and Specs Keldeo can cause this team. Also has the advantages of hitting Breloom + Mega Venusaur switching in on you harder.
I second the EV spread alteration previously suggested to aid against Keldeo.

That's all I have, I hope it was beneficial dude :)
Peace,
~ WhimsicottIsBroken

Last edited:
Hey man, I hope you are well and props on such an inventive team, I've laddered extensively with it and found it to be both effective and enjoyable to use. Here are my findings;
Pikachu doesn't contribute a great deal to the success of the team. I think it would be beneficial to replace it with a Pokemon that is also immune to Electric but provides Stealth Rock support and helps against the primary threats to your team.
Strong options include Mixed Defensive Hippowdon, Defensive or Scarf Lando T etc.
However I feel the Pokemon that best suits the team is actually Dugtrio with the following set;

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
IVs; 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 Sp Def
252 Atk / 252 Spd
Stealth Rock
Reversal
Earthquake
Substitute

This traps and kills every single one of Choice Scarf Magnezone, Scarf Ttar, Mega Diancie, Chansey, Mega Manectric, Raikou and more besides, all of which are massive threats to the team currently. It also has the advantage of trapping and killing Heatran which is often a team's main answer to Talonflame and Charizard Y.

The only Pokemon on your threat list Dugtrio doesn't assist against is Latios but I second Tricking's excellent suggestion to change Scizor to the following set;

Scizor
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Personally I would switch Flamethrower on Slowbro for Psyshock. The only two targets Flamethrower is intended to hit are Scizor and Ferrothorn, neither of which enjoy switching in to a potential Scald burn anyway. Not only this but both of them are free switchins to Talonflame and Charizard Y which clearly threaten the hell out of them (barring TWave Ferro which you would scout for earlier in the match by switching into Scizor). If Stealth Rocks are already up on your field, Ferrothorn invites Scizor in which can Defog to it's hearts content against it, before U Turning into either Talon or Charizard.
Psyshock is more important due to the potential issues that Sub CM and Specs Keldeo can cause this team. Also has the advantages of hitting Breloom + Mega Venusaur switching in on you harder.
I second the EV spread alteration previously suggested to aid against Keldeo.

That's all I have, I hope it was beneficial dude :)
Peace,
~ WhimsicottIsBroken
I actually have dabbled with Scarf Landorus-T and it served me well for the most part. I wanted a more fun approach to the team is why I strayed away from him. I really like the Dugtrio option as it takes care of pretty much all of the threats I hate the most. It's also a really good form of punishing switching (by preventing it entirely) since my team doesn't run hazards. The only downside is that I'd need to keep rocks off the field for 3 pokemon now, but the opportunity cost seems very much worth it. The cool thing is that Dugtrio naturally outspeeds all of these scarf users, so sometimes you dont even have to break the sash if you're revenge killing.

Everyone's suggesting roost for Scizor, so I'll definitely look into that lol. I just liked being able to eliminate my opponent's items (mostly leftovers), and I found that if you had time to roost, you also had time to defog.

For Slowbro. The previous EV spread listed for Keldeo is better imo. Keldeo just wasn't the first threat on my mind when making the team originally since I felt Slowbro handled him fine to begin with (keep in mind I was using psychic over ice beam at this point). Being able to take that extra hit makes a ton more sense though, and I feel it doesn't really take much away from what I had before. It also gives me more special bulk to try to tank Latios's Draco Meteor and Charizard Y's Solar Beam. Psyshock is important I feel, as sub Keldeo specifically becomes a huge threat without it. I like flamethrower in that it gave me a reason to just stay in with Slowbro against Ferrothorn, who's a common stealth rocker. This then allows me to thunder wave their switch in usually and also makes it harder for ferrothorn to find time to come back in and set up rocks again later. It's a pretty specific scenario though, so psyshock probably is the better option here.

Now that I think back on it I honestly dont know why I went with psychic over psyshock when I was running it, as the main threat I was worried about was Conkeldurr, who almost always has assault vest. Rambling over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)