Platinum Changes on Shoddy!

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I just put the Platinum changes on the Smogon University server and the CAP server.

Have fun with Platinum!

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
With the new Rotoms being usable, I want to know how Colin and Doug will collect their usage data. Will they be worked as one single pokémon, or as different pokémon? And what if I use a set with Discharge/Thunderbolt/HP Fight/Shadow Ball (with no special moves), but decide to use a Fan Rotom for it just because "it's the cutest of them"? It doesn't have any competitive relevance, yet it would skew the data.

I suggest that, if it's one of the new Rotoms, and it has a special move, then its usage would be for that form and that form only; but, once I stop using the special move, it should count as one usage for all the forms (excluding D/P one, of course). That way, we will know for sure which forms are OU and which are BL, with no skewed results just because Wash Rotom is the ugliest of them all.
Hey Doug, have you decided about Rotom's usage already to answer me this? :]

Doug you deserve a big fucking thank you. I don't have to go to official to see what Skymin is like anymore.

I really can't wait till all this hype dies down over the new additions. I swear to god, every single team on shoddy is skymin/DD outragemence/bullet punch scizor/earth power celebi/trick _____/superpower dragonite.

ok the last one not so much but the ones before it definitely.

I really can't wait till all this hype dies down over the new additions. I swear to god, every single team on shoddy is skymin/DD outragemence/bullet punch scizor/earth power celebi/trick _____/superpower dragonite.

ok the last one not so much but the ones before it definitely.
Oddly enough I have only seen one bullet punch scizor and it was pretty awesome as a Gengar counter.

Also of course all those things are being used out of hype, but Skymin/DD OutrageMence are both strong contenders in the Metagame so I do not think they will die down with the hype. Skymin might depending on how things go with him but Mence was already becoming the dominating dragon in the Metagame and getting a stronger move will only help his usage.

yay for bounce gyarados (fuck you celebi and starmie)

to my disappointment though bounce uses 2 pp (one to bounce up, one to attack)

someone should fix this glitch, it only takes 1 pp ingame.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Doug you are the best
:D

EDIT: Platinum Orb gives no boosts?
I fixed that in the code today. If Colin hasn't already fixed it in the base code, I'll send it to him. You'll see the change in the next update. I'm not exactly sure when we'll do that. Probably tomorrow sometime. I'd like to collect a few changes before rebooting the server.

yay for bounce gyarados (fuck you celebi and starmie)

to my disappointment though bounce uses 2 pp (one to bounce up, one to attack)

someone should fix this glitch, it only takes 1 pp ingame.
I'll look into it. All those delayed-effect moves have complicated mechanics. The coding is tricky. But it should only take one PP.

Doug, do you think you can fix these now legal combinations?

Pikachu:
Surf + Any Nature that is not Hardy is not true anymore.
Surf + Present is legal
Surf + Wish is legal

All from the new NPOWER Pikachu.

Tentacruel:
Knock Off + Rapid Spin is now legal.

Doug, do you think you can fix these now legal combinations?

Pikachu:
Surf + Any Nature that is not Hardy is not true anymore.
Surf + Present is legal
Surf + Wish is legal

All from the new NPOWER Pikachu.

Tentacruel:
Knock Off + Rapid Spin is now legal.
Doug will be fixxing all of those once we have finished getting every illegal moveset combination from the Workshop.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am truely greatful for all your hard work and effort you have put into this project, Doug. Thank you very much.

already been said like 50 times, but thanks Doug! I'm glad the current metagame keeps changing so much, keeps it interesting and me motivated to keep playing when I can!

About to give my new team a whirl against platinum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)