modest
drizzle(obviously)
-surf
-ice beam
-hidden power (fire 70)
-protect
IVs:30 attack 30 special attack 30 speed
EVs:252 HP 252 special attack 4 special defense

I obviously have this guy to set up permanent rain so I can abuse it for the rest of the match. There are HP and special attack evs so he can switch in and out to control the weather and dish out some damage at the same time.

Pineapple(Ludicolo) @ absorb bulb

modest
swift swim
-fake out
-hydro pump
-giga drain
-protect
EVs:172 HP 252 special attack 84 speed

Ludicolo is super fast thanks to swift swim and doesn't need to waste a move-slot for a boosting move since I just send out kingdra and use surf, activating his absorb bulb and proceeding to sweep with hydro pump (I already have a surf and scald user and I like the extra power) and giga drain.

Kingdra @ life orb

modest
swift swim
-surf
-ice beam
-draco meteor
-protect
EVs: 4 HP 252 special attack 252 speed

Kingdra is what I consider to be my main special sweeper. I ran dragon pulse instead of draco meteor because I'm afraid that the special attack drop and the accuracy are going to make me lose. It is also my second best lati@s counter because it can out-speed and KO with a life orb boosted dragon pulse.

Scizor @ choice band

adamant
technician
-bug bite
-bullet punch
-superpower
-aerial ace
EVs:248 HP 252 attack 8 special defense

I run scizor because he is one of the coolest looking Pokemon and is a great physical sweeper that usually gets left out of rain teams for metagross. Without the need for an occa berry (rain halves the damage of fire type moves), I can run a choice band which will surprise my opponent (choice banded STAB technician bullet punch really hurts). Scizor is extremely crucial on this team, because without him, I can't really touch cresselia, ludicolo, shedinja, toxicroak, breloom, or sableye.

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs

modest
levitate
-Hydro pump
-thunder
-hidden power (grass 70)
-protect
IVs:30 attack 30 special attack
EVs: 252 HP 252 special attack 4 special defense

Thunder is also a good move for dealing with opposing rain teams and taking out those nasty flying types (bar thundurus) who tend to cut my toxicroak's sweep short. Hidden power ice allows me to hit dragons and do decent damage to thundurus. The Choice specs is because without it there's not enough power. Volt switch is better than protect with specs

Toxicroak @ black sludge

adamant
dry skin
-fake out
-drain punch
-sucker punch
-protect
EVs:252 HP 252 attack 4 speed

Toxicroak is the best abuser of dry skin, healing twice every turn because of black sludge and rain, healing because of my Kingdra's surf, and maybe healing because of drain punch. It becomes almost impossible to take out if you don't have a flying type or flying gem acrobatics scizor on your team. It is also the best Lati@s counter on this team. Fake out will make the Lati@s flinch, and sucker punch OHKOs.

Edits are in blue.

It is a solid team u could use a little more on the description side though.
On politoed i would run surf instead of scald
On ludicolo run Protect OR fake out not both i would suggest protect since it isnt your lead
SCIZOR!!!! get rid of pursuit and uturn!!! put in bug bite and protect/roost
Rotom wash shadow ball really run hiden power grass/ice. grass hits gastrodon while ice hits dragons
Toxicroak is good but is not the best user of dry skin. in Overused play yes due to sleep clause might i suggest Parasect because i have used them both and Parasect is much MUCH better and it has acces to rage powder!

Toxicroak is good but is not the best user of dry skin. in Overused play yes due to sleep clause might i suggest Parasect because i have used them both and Parasect is much MUCH better and it has acces to rage powder!
I disagree. Toxicroak has access to Fake Out and is still bulky. Black Sludge will be healing him too.

On politoed i would run surf instead of scald
Why?
On ludicolo run Protect OR fake out not both i would suggest protect since it isnt your lead
What move should I use instead?
SCIZOR!!!! get rid of pursuit and uturn!!! put in bug bite and protect/roost
It is a choice band scizor so protect or roost would be pointless. Bug bite is okay, but u-turn still outclasses it because it lets scizor switch out.
Rotom wash shadow ball really run hiden power grass/ice. grass hits gastrodon while ice hits dragons
I need the shadow ball to hit cresselia and shedinja. Ludicolo screws gastrodon with giga drain while Kingdra mauls dragons with dragon pulse/ice beam.
I disagree. Toxicroak has access to Fake Out and is still bulky. Black Sludge will be healing him too.
What he/she said.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I would suggest replacing Ice Beam on Kingdra - pretty much everything you'd want to hit with it is already hit hard by one of Kingdra's STABs. Hydro Pump and Draco Meteor are probably going to be more useful.
Why?

What move should I use instead?

It is a choice band scizor so protect or roost would be pointless. Bug bite is okay, but u-turn still outclasses it because it lets scizor switch out.

I need the shadow ball to hit cresselia and shedinja. Ludicolo screws gastrodon with giga drain while Kingdra mauls dragons with dragon pulse/ice beam.
Your entire team except Scizor can shrug off a Surf, and Toxicroak actually benefits from it (plus it gives you another way to activate Ludicolo's Absorb Bulb).

Ice Beam or Focus Blast for coverage, or you could keep the current moveset if it works for you.

In any case, you definitely need to get rid of Pursuit on Scizor. Switching is hard in doubles, so you won't often get to make full use of it, and being locked into it could be bad especially if you aren't able to switch out any more. Aerial Ace (or Acrobatics if you want to try out Flying Gem instead) would be a much more useful coverage move.

Scizor handles both of those, Toxicroak handles Shedinja, and even specially defensive Cresselia doesn't like repeatedly taking boosted Water attacks, so I wouldn't worry too much about them. On the other hand, a rain team can never have too many Gastrodon counters.

i agree with above comments on scizor: bug bite definitely (especially as most teams use a sitrus berry, u could get some free hp back!) and it is his strongest attack tech boosted 60bp instead of u-turn/B'punch 40bp and aerial ace is better than pursuit imo. another reason for bug bite scizor is that he's ur only real grass type counter, if u-turn doesn't KO a grass type (ferrothorn) and ur then forced to switch, ur just be switching in a poke to be slaughtered! so u do want a strong bug bite on him.
also how does your team do if the weather changes?

Is there an easy change I could make to counter ferrothorn? It's a real pain, and cresselia is annoying too, without scizor, I can't touch it and it OHKOs toxicroak. PS, although I've only been able to do this about twice, toxicroak is THE best latios counter with fakeout+sucker punch guaranteed OHKO(at least for me it was)

Toxicroak handles Shedinja, and even specially defensive Cresselia doesn't like repeatedly taking boosted Water attacks, so I wouldn't worry too much about them.
I couldn't KO shedinjas with Toxicroak because they weren't attacking and my scizor gets KOd really easy. Without aerial ace or bug bite, I can't really touch it or cresselia.

it would be nicer if you could import your team into PO / PS! and "export to text" and paste it in that format, many people (such as me :P) are more accustomed to that format.

yo man, as per request, here's my rate:
As you said in the PM, you're having trouble with Cress and Shedinja.
I think Toxicroak counters Sheddy fine. It can't really hit you back with anything and you have Sucker Punch. Also, Scizor's Aerial Ace should do just fine. As for Cress, even with HP Fire, Scizor does great against it. Also, after some Rain-boosted water moves, Cress shouldn't be much of a problem anymore. As a whole, you're using 252 / 252 spreads on all of your Pokemon. I think these could be greatly optimized. You can keep some however, some Pokemon such as Kingdra, Toxicroak and Rotom-W are fine with them.

Now onto the team:

Politoed:

I would either change Poli to an all out attacking set with Specs or change it to a bulkier spread with Icy Wind and Helping Hand.

Ludicolo:

I think a better spread would be 172 HP / 252 SpAtk / 84 Speed. This allows hit to outspeed Scarf Metagross / Politoed and below. You could add on some more speed if you wanted.

Kingdra:

I don't think 2 dragon moves are necessary. I would say to keep Draco Meteor. You could replace Dragon Pulse with Substitute or even Ice Beam.

Scizor:

I think Cybertron's SD Scizor would work much better in its place. With its many resists, Scizor has no problem setting up an SD. Now, you have a pseudo-CB on and you can switch moves! (more can be read about it here: http://nuggetbridge.com/reports/gradduation-da/) If you decide to use it, the moveset should be Bug Bite, SD, BP, Protect. (2 STABs and SD + Protect)

Rotom-W:

Looks good for now, consider going HP Fire for that extra Sheddy check and that you don't have any other Fire moves.

Toxicroak looks good for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)