Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burgh is gym leader http://pokebeach.com/
Scroll down to gym leader article cover and look below Skyla. Brycen however isn't there and has only made an appearance in PokeWood.

But to the person whose saying he's third gym leader I hope you realize how stupid that assumption is right now without any gym leader order known other than 1st and second (Cheren, the Homika).
Then Brycen is part of the E4. lol my mistake

Firstly, we know what their abilities are. Mold Breaker clones. They won't grant STAB to Fire or Electric.

Secondly, if you can't use the space bar, how'd the space get between the "a" and "b" in "a bilities"?
He's not putting that space in there, smogon and most websites have a 50 character string limit.

On topic: I can see them making a ability that affects one pokemon differently than another. It's pretty much the same ideal behind curse.

Then Brycen is part of the E4. lol my mistake
But Brycen is doing Pokewood full time

If any of the old leaders go on to be e4 it's probably Lenora or one of the triplets (OR ALL THE TRIPLETS SURPRISE TRIPLE BATTLE CHAMPIONS GO GO GO).
Or Iris if you believe that Drayden is fought in both versions.

But Brycen is doing Pokewood full time

If any of the old leaders go on to be e4 it's probably Lenora or one of the triplets (OR ALL THE TRIPLETS SURPRISE TRIPLE BATTLE CHAMPIONS GO GO GO).
Or Iris if you believe that Drayden is fought in both versions.
Can I see some confirmation regarding this? I'm curious (Sorry I haven't been paying much attention lately)

EDIT: Confirmation that he works full time

Can I see some confirmation regarding this? I'm curious

(Sorry I haven't been paying much attention lately)
He's busy playing various villains in Pokewood, has a confrontation with Homika's father over the thing, and only be shown in and around Pokewood.

To be perfectly fair, he has not been stated to be full time like I said. But why have him juggle both Pokewood and e4 duties at the same time? Or at least hint that he's an e4 member?
It just seems like you're stretching so hard trying to get old leaders into the e4.

He's busy playing various villains in Pokewood, has a confrontation with Homika's father over the thing, and only be shown in and around Pokewood.

To be perfectly fair, he has not been stated to be full time like I said. But why have him juggle both Pokewood and e4 duties at the same time? Or at least hint that he's an e4 member?
It just seems like you're stretching so hard trying to get old leaders into the e4.
Yes, yes I am. And I think it's because GameFreak likes to recycle gym leaders from prequels to become more important in their sequels.

Koga became an Elite Four, Giovanni became an event battle (and originally was meant to be battle-able in GSC), Wallace became the Champion, Kaitlin became an Elite Four. It just makes sense for them to do that. Then again, I'm just speculating.

Yes, yes I am. And I think it's because GameFreak likes to recycle gym leaders from prequels to become more important in their sequels.

Koga became an Elite Four, Giovanni became an event battle (and originally was meant to be battle-able in GSC), Wallace became the Champion, Kaitlin became an Elite Four. It just makes sense for them to do that. Then again, I'm just speculating.
I don't recall Giovanni ever being planned for GSC?

We're talking about Pokemon Black 2 White 2. Burgh is not a gym leader anymore. The gym leaders in these games are:

Cheren, Homika, Shizui, Elesa, Clay, Skyla, Brycen and Drayden.

Who is missing? Lerona (Normal-type), the trio (Fire/Water/Grass-types) and Burgh (Bug-type). Lerona is out because Normal-type already has a gym (Cheren). Same for Cress (Water). All that's left is Burgh. He'll be the Koga of BW2. N is gonna be the champion because he's the token character that helps you beat the villain during the game and is recognized as a strong trainer.

You heard it here first, people.
At least, the Burgh part.
Well, Alder has already been shown to be in the game (not necessarily as the champion, but still), and N's whereabouts are seemingly unknown for most of the game. Seems a bit unlikely that N took Alders place without anyone knowing.

Hm I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I went stone hunting in dust clouds about a month ago. I consumed about 600 Max Repels and got: 2 Leaf, 3 Fire, 3 Water, 2 Thunder, 1~2 Moon, ~2 Sun, 3 Dawn, 2 Dusk, 4 Shiny, 2 Oval, and quite a few Everstones. Definitely not a 1% chance, maybe about 5%.

People shouldn't be complaining about Moon and Sun Stones. Not only is there Lunatone/Solrock as already mentioned, but there's also Pickup.

Giovanni: I cannot find the source anymore, therefor you may ignore this argument. I thought I read somewhere before that the event battle was meant to occure in GSC but was ditched for some reason. Perhaps I read wrong.

Still, you gotta admit that it isn't too farfetched to think that a Gym Leader would return in the game's sequel as an Elite Trainer. After all, everyone who left their gym leader role in the past later returned with a bigger title (well, except Giovanni, and Kaitlin's title is debatable).

N: Alder is, according to Ghetsis, not a real Champion (he did not earn the title; it was requested. Source: Bulbapedia). Also, N seems to have a much bigger role than Alder in this game as well. He appeared in the anime promo, in several trailers fighting alongside the trainer VS Ghetsis, while Alder was barely no-where.

Hm I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I went stone hunting in dust clouds about a month ago. I consumed about 600 Max Repels and got: 2 Leaf, 3 Fire, 3 Water, 2 Thunder, 1~2 Moon, ~2 Sun, 3 Dawn, 2 Dusk, 4 Shiny, 2 Oval, and quite a few Everstones. Definitely not a 1% chance, maybe about 5%.

People shouldn't be complaining about Moon and Sun Stones. Not only is there Lunatone/Solrock as already mentioned, but there's also Pickup.
It's still needlessly annoying and luck based.
I've already gone over why stealing them off Lunatone & Solrock is annoying, but let's look at Pick Up, shall we?
In order to start getting Sun Stones, your Pick Up character must be at minimum level 31, where you now have a -3% chance- to get a Sun Stone.
Getting to level 41 will bump Sun Stone to a 5% chance, and give you a Moon Stone 3% of the time.
If you get your Pick Up dude to 51, Sun goes to 10% and Moon to 5%
And this goes on as you go up levels upon levels, but you're never getting more than a 10% chance of getting one of those stones per battle. & It's not even a guarantee that you will get a item after any given battle.

The fact they locked away King Rocks & to a lesser extent Prism Scales in a similar fashion is also annoying (King's Rock will never be more than 1% between 11 & 30, Prism scales don't even show up until the 50s.)

It's still needlessly annoying and luck based.
I've already gone over why stealing them off Lunatone & Solrock is annoying, but let's look at Pick Up, shall we?
In order to start getting Sun Stones, your Pick Up character must be at minimum level 31, where you now have a -3% chance- to get a Sun Stone.
Getting to level 41 will bump Sun Stone to a 5% chance, and give you a Moon Stone 3% of the time.
If you get your Pick Up dude to 51, Sun goes to 10% and Moon to 5%
And this goes on as you go up levels upon levels, but you're never getting more than a 10% chance of getting one of those stones per battle. & It's not even a guarantee that you will get a item after any given battle.
You make it sound harder than it is. Getting a Pokemon to Lv30-50 is really easy with the new EXP system. Even though the chances aren't too high, it's not going to take very long until you get one. Yeah, it's not as quick as simply buying them of course but they are still easy to obtain. Also Frisk+Compoundeyes makes wild items easy to obtain, even if they are 5% chance. Just seems like you don't have much patience or you don't want to spend a bit of time hunting them.

You make it sound harder than it is. Getting a Pokemon to Lv30-50 is really easy with the new EXP system. Even though the chances aren't too high, it's not going to take very long until you get one. Yeah, it's not as quick as simply buying them of course but they are still easy to obtain. Also Frisk+Compoundeyes makes wild items easy to obtain, even if they are 5% chance. Just seems like you don't have much patience or you don't want to spend a bit of time hunting them.
I spent a fair amount of time hunting them, actually. I even spent the time to grind up a number of Pick Up pokemon to get into various sweet spots.

I barely ran into any Lunatone or Solrocks. I barely got anything out of Pick Up, much less anything worthwhile. And I was at it for I dunno a few hours on and off?
And that was just with BW, I've attempted it before in gen 3 & 4 for various things.

This is the problem with things based around luck. Some people will have a lot of it and be able to get tons of it no problem. Others can grind away and barely have anything to show for it.

I should not have to grind & play up the system to get items just to evolve my Pokemon. At least grinding will get the normal evolution guaranteed.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's been confirmed,

"Team Plasma have split into two factions due to an internal conflict of ideas", I'm pretty sure we were all thinking it but I don't think it had been confirmed yet, had it?

In other news: "Also we added a Pokémon Center to the first town", Good heavens!

Giovanni: I cannot find the source anymore, therefor you may ignore this argument. I thought I read somewhere before that the event battle was meant to occure in GSC but was ditched for some reason. Perhaps I read wrong.

Still, you gotta admit that it isn't too farfetched to think that a Gym Leader would return in the game's sequel as an Elite Trainer. After all, everyone who left their gym leader role in the past later returned with a bigger title (well, except Giovanni, and Kaitlin's title is debatable).

N: Alder is, according to Ghetsis, not a real Champion (he did not earn the title; it was requested. Source: Bulbapedia). Also, N seems to have a much bigger role than Alder in this game as well. He appeared in the anime promo, in several trailers fighting alongside the trainer VS Ghetsis, while Alder was barely no-where.
Several trailers? Maybe I just haven't seen them, but I thought all we saw of N was the brief shot of him with his dragon with Ghetsis and Kyurem.

Bulbapedia isn't that reliable so unless you can find actual proof for anything I suggest dropping it. Alder is more likely then not still the champion, N has been out of region with his dragon (Source: The actual game, far more reliable) and probably training, so he couldn't have magically became the Champion. Also it has been shown in magazines that nobody knows where N is, so he can't be champion if he was never declared it before he disappeared to another region. There may be a small chance here Alder could recognize N as champion because he was beat last game but I highly doubt it. Really it's either Alder remains champion, N becomes champion in some way (after loosing his legend most likely), or some other returning character from the past game.

And all we have seen of N is him with his dragon confronting Ghetsis and grunt's (Or was it a sage) talking about how they didn't know where N was?

I just remembered it is also it is presumable the Sage's either got released from prison when Looker took them away or were busted out, because bw ended with them being taken by Looker. (If the sage's are actually in the game, otherwise this doesn't apply).

Bulbapedia isn't that reliable so unless you can find actual proof for anything I suggest dropping it. Alder is more likely then not still the champion, N has been out of region with his dragon (Source: The actual game, far more reliable) and probably training, so he couldn't have magically became the Champion. Also it has been shown in magazines that nobody knows where N is, so he can't be champion if he was never declared it before he disappeared to another region. There may be a small chance here Alder could recognize N as champion because he was beat last game but I highly doubt it. Really it's either Alder remains champion, N becomes champion in some way (after loosing his legend most likely), or some other returning character from the past game.

And all we have seen of N is him with his dragon confronting Ghetsis and grunt's (Or was it a sage) talking about how they didn't know where N was?

I just remembered it is also it is presumable the Sage's either got released from prison when Looker took them away or were busted out, because bw ended with them being taken by Looker. (If the sage's are actually in the game, otherwise this doesn't apply).
We don't currently know whether the sages were voluntarily released, or broken out, but at least one of 'em's no longer in prison:

Oh, happy day! The dialogue in this screenshot also happens to be relevant to the topic of N's role in the games: The sage is saying nobody's heard from N.

If N were champion, the sage wouldn't be saying that.

Anyone else think it's possible Marshal (the fighting type E4 member in B/W 1) will be champion? It's mentioned that Alder was tutoring him in B/W1, maybe now he's surpassed him. Then some new guy would be an E4 member and Alder would be the new Steven.

If it's not Alder, Marshal. But I'm guessing its Alder anyway.

I dont think marshal will be champion. If only because champions generally have a diverse range of pokemon types. On a side note i saw people walking there pokemon and Ns baby sitters in that screen shot interasting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)