Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Hypnosis's accuracy was changed (10 points, whoop-de-doo); its core mechanic (inducing sleep) wasn't. Therefore, not a big deal.

According to this guide, one of the core Pokémon game mechanics (type interaction) will change; such a change would intrinsically remove battling compatibility between BW1 and BW2. Type interaction is a heck of a lot more complex than accuracy, my friend.

Also, there's a 99.99% chance that the guide's type chart is erroneous. >.>
It changes a single 50% multiplier to a 100% one... (or technically, changes a single variable from not-effective to normally-effective)

It's still likely a typo, but the comparison to the Hypnosis change is entirely valid, since they still would have the exact same problem (what would've hit wouldn't have, what would've been KOed wouldn't have, threatening a de-sync in either case) that could be solved in the exact same way (host's cartridge sets the game mechanics).

The one "source" I can find that is talking about is a gamefaqs topic which claims stuff is totally leaking for real but Nintendo is shutting it down faster than they've ever shut things down before.

Considering even if they were so quick to cover up leaks people would still see some of the information and post about it, I'm guessing no it has not leaked

It changes a single 50% multiplier to a 100% one... (or technically, changes a single variable from not-effective to normally-effective)

It's still likely a typo, but the comparison to the Hypnosis change is entirely valid, since they still would have the exact same problem (what would've hit wouldn't have, what would've been KOed wouldn't have, threatening a de-sync in either case) that could be solved in the exact same way (host's cartridge sets the game mechanics).
A change in type mechanics would happen to have a heck of a lot more of an effect on how a battle pans out than the difference between a 60% and 70% accurate Hypnosis would, dude. There's no debating that Ghost being no longer resistant to Bug would have a large impact on how we currently play the game.

Nevertheless, this specific discussion will be quite moot in a few days. I won't bother picking it up again.

Does it matter if said "leak" is real or not?

Either the info comes in a day, or it comes later. Worst case scenario is, it comes out on time with no leaks, and we find out in a couple.

So much impatience.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Guys. If you hack a Shaymin-S in DP and go to battle against a Platinum, DP will show the pokémon as a Grass Shaymin, but it will take SE damage from Rock, with the message and everything, even if the DP cartridge says in the in-battle summary that the pokémon is a pure-Grass called Shaymin.

There was also a glitch in Japanese DP (which was carried on from ADV lol) that made a Choice pokémon not get itself locked in Pursuit if the first move it used upon getting on the field was Pursuit on a fleeing pokémon. They fixed that in US DP, and guess what would happen in a JP DP vs. US DP? There would be no glitch, for neither side.

Just like in the above scenarios, if they change Bug to be neutral against Ghost, BW2 will override BW's mechanics in a link battle and both sides will have their Sableyes getting SE damage from U-Turn. Simple.

Of course, not that I believe there will even be battle compatibility with BW. You know. Two years later.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
According to outside sources the games have been leaked.
If that's true we should be able to obtain the answers we're looking for in the next 24 hours.
And after that Nintendo is probably going to shut down all sites with any info like last time, no?

Let's hope nobody gets any cease & desist letters this time

They went after the low-hanging fruit who either admitted to (Pokebeach) or pretty much had to (he-who-breaks-my-right-click, Serebii) have pre-release ROMs.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
I could be reading this wrong, but it seems that Dream Points don't get you additional Pokemon like Vulpix in the Forest but instead the number of Badges you have determines what you can find but again I could be wrong.

Looks like international version won't have to wait past the 23rd to get the Cool Hole, considering that the slew of new items that require berries you can't get yet.

Leppa (!!!)
Watmel
Durin
(300 each for the Tropical Hut)
Belue
(300 leppa, watmel, durin for the tree house)

Looks like international version won't have to wait past the 23rd to get the Cool Hole, considering that the slew of new items that require berries you can't get yet.

Leppa (!!!)
Watmel
Durin
(300 each for the Tropical Hut)
Belue
(300 leppa, watmel, durin for the tree house)
Japanese version has the same furniture, and need the same berries. we have to wait until 23/06, but probably that are the berries inside the new map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)