Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
You can capture a Sandile and Darumaka in Route 4, and Drilbur in Wellspring Cave (dust cloud), both right now, and use them in the third gym.

Gah! I got taken surprise by some Foongus. I THOUGHT it was odd that so many items were lying around so close to each other in the grass.

Brought my DS into my C++ class today. Guess what did and didn't get done. XD

Lenora's Watchog ALONE KO'd half my team. One fell to Retaliate, one was sacced to get Blitzle in, and the other suffered under Hypnosis. It didn't help that Herdier's STAB Take Down is BROKEN in the early game. That said, I enjoyed the Nacrene Gym puzzle (and the standard-for-any-library/dungeon moving bookcase XD).

In Pinwheel Forest, I got a Whimsicott out of a shaking patch. I proceeded around a bend and saw another shaking patch...on the other side of the trees, where I had been a minute before! >.<

I did the in-game Cottonee/Petlil trade. Modest "Mischievous" Petlil. With crap Speed, sure, but still awesome. I managed to OHKO a Cottonee after 2 Growths with Mega Drain. Later, I found an Audino, and Petlil gained 3 levels. ^_^

Castelia City's freakin' AWESOME, by the way.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I'm considering transfering some guys from DptHGSS
Unless you've already beaten BW, the only ones you can transfer are Celebi and the crown beasts, and they will disobey you in the third gym.

Try a Simisear perhaps? They are caught in shaking grass in Pinwheel Forest.

Me? I cheated, i used a Gyarados that I xferred from Japanese Black.

Unless you've already beaten BW, the only ones you can transfer are Celebi and the crown beasts, and they will disobey you in the third gym.

Try a Simisear perhaps? They are caught in shaking grass in Pinwheel Forest.

Me? I cheated, i used a Gyarados that I xferred from Japanese Black.
Woah, wait, you can catch the monkeys? That's pretty cool! :D

I really like the whole trading that one small blue Pokemon for the one with the armor to get them to evolve, that's crazy stuff there, man o.o;

EDIT: Karrablast, that was it!

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Yeah, the monkeys are all catchable. Though they are pretty rare (30% chance of encountering a monkey, 65% chance of Audino). And I meant to say catch a Pansear, not a Simisear. But you knew what I meant.

Hey guys I just got a lucky egg. Just wondering but does the exp share double exp just like a Lucky Egg or no. Just wondering if I should switch the Exp Share for the Egg.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Yes/No? Your wording is pretty unclear.

Lucky Egg only boosts the amount of experience given to the Pokemon that holds it, not the Pokemon that uses Exp. Share. So the Pokemon holding the Lucky Egg gains 75% experience (50% x 1.5), Exp.Share holder gains 50% experience .

I really want the following Pokemon in my team; Krookadile, and the mole, and Hihidaruma. Where are the areas I can get them, and at the earliest levels?
Sandile can be found in the Resort Desert (level 19) and Ancient Castle (forgot what levels). Drilbur can be found in any cave with swirling dust (I forgot the first cave, but I know the Drilbur there can be found at level 11-14). Darumaka can be found in the Resort Desert at level 19.

Ha! My obsessive, constant-checking of trashcans finally paid off :3 You CAN find items in them! Just got a PP-Up...Just thought you all would like to know that.

Yes/No? Your wording is pretty unclear.
But but I always reread my posts to make sure they make sense.... I'm I'm astonished.

"Just wondering but does the exp share double exp just like a Lucky Egg or no."

Thats all I was wondering. Does an EXP Share double EXP gains just like a Lucky Egg...or no?
------------------

Okay seems like an Egg is SLIGHTLY more effective. Bulbapedia didn't give an answer. It doesnt mention that it gives extra EXP anywhere on that site.

-----------------------

EDIT: HOLY CRAP Ferroseed has the coolest battle sprite ever. Spininininininininnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Ha! My obsessive, constant-checking of trashcans finally paid off :3 You CAN find items in them! Just got a PP-Up...Just thought you all would like to know that.
It amuses me to no end that the vast majority of trash cans are empty. Red must have cleaned them all out back in the '90s, even in regions he's never visited!

Go to the Dreamyard and catch a Timid Synchronize Munna there (easier said than done, I know). I'm sure Synchronize still works with legendaries.
Dude you are my friggin hero. You on a mission from God or something? The Munnas were being clogged douchebags with their natures but I finally snagged a timid one (and a lonely one for zekrom for good measure) and I just caught the best Victini ever.

Here's a good question that just came to mind...What happens if you find a shiny in a double battle? If you KO one can you catch the other?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
What makes a shiny any different from any other wild pokemon found in a Doubles encounter?
In a doubles encounter, you cannot immediately throw Poke balls. You must KO one of the Pokemon in the battle before you can attempt to capture the other one.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Dude you are my friggin hero. You on a mission from God or something? The Munnas were being clogged douchebags with their natures but I finally snagged a timid one (and a lonely one for zekrom for good measure) and I just caught the best Victini ever.
I thought of the Munnas last week while trying to get a good-natured Speed Boost Torchic. Unfortunately Synchronize doesn't work in High Link Forest, but I'm glad I could help someone else!

no seriously I got a 20+/30+/20+/30+/20+/31 Torchic with a GENTLE nature yesterday because of this, I can't believe Synchronize doesn't work there

In a doubles encounter, you cannot immediately throw Poke balls. You must KO one of the Pokemon in the battle before you can attempt to capture the other one.
I know. Its just he asked about shinies in particular so I just asked.

In D/P/Pt you couldn't catch them.
As stated before, you can.
---------------------------------------------
One other thing. Bulbapedia stopped WERKING!!!! Cuz of all the traffic no doubt. So I'll ask here....

Where dost thou obtain a Litwick and a Dusk Stone to evolve it?

I know. Its just he asked about shinies in particular so I just asked.

As stated before, you can.
---------------------------------------------
One other thing. Bulbapedia stopped WERKING!!!! Cuz of all the traffic no doubt. So I'll ask here....

Where dost thou obtain a Litwick and a Dusk Stone to evolve it.
It works for me, so I loaded up the pages for you.

Litwick = Celestial Tower

Duskstone = Route 10, Mistralton Cave, Black City

Also, that was because I've still NEVER seen a shiny on one of my games ._. And had JUST ran into a double battle, and that came to mind, and I got slightly worried >_>;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)