Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
In your experiences who are the best HM slaves for this game?? For me, ducklett works pretty well as she learns half of them (surf, fly, and dive).

They've been doing it ever since Generation II. In Crystal there was Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt, and in Emerald there was the frontier tutors.
FRLG also had the old-TM tutors

It's always just the first, new set that gets screwed over in the tutor departments (DP broke new ground by allowing the elemental hyper beams & Draco Meteor)

The past posts I've read people complained about the high random encounter rate in the BW games. Well, it's the first time that I played Pokemon Ranger yesterday, which made me fantasize a pokemon main game where overworld sprites of wild pokemon can be seen moving in the map, and you have a choice whether whch wild pokemon to encounter, or which to avoid, much like in the Ranger game. And then there's agressive pokemon that attacks you, and rare pokemon that actually run from you. ^^ If you haven't played Pokemon Ranger it might seem that I'm spouting nonsense, but it just seems to me that it's really not impossible nor impractical to adapt such system in the main games.

The answer is very simple... GameFreak wants you to have a reason to buy the 3rd game, whenever it comes out. Look at what they did with both Platinum and HGSS, the same trick; they added new move tutor, egg, and level-up moves that made many Pokemon (Scizor) jump in usefulness. I guarantee you that "Gray" version will bring more tutors. Until then, many Pokemon will just have to suffer with their poor movepools.
So annoying, especially with Roost TM being taken away this gen i mean, why? Still cat complain but it means all my newly breds are infact better when bred in geniv than gen 5 like but oh well.

I never said I don't like reusable TMs. Did you actually bothered to read my post? I clearly stated that while they are extremely useful for competitive, they also make in-game somewhat easier compared to their previous instalments. The "making the game even easier than it already is" part is what actually bothers me, not the fact that you can now have Thunderbolt on all of your Pokes.

Grinding for hours in Pokemon? That made me rofl. I never felt the need to level grind in any Pokemon game. Not even in HG/SS, when my level 55 party was just about to face Red. Putting both Audinos and Lucky Egg (an item that used to appear only on 5% of certain rare, hard-to-catch Pokemon) is just a pure overkill as far as exp. gaining goes. I usually end up being slightly underleveled by the time I arrive at the League, which is good because it makes the Elite a challenge it was supposed to be. But in Black, my entire party was at very least 3 levels higher than the Elite's stronest Pokemon. Again, no level grinding involved, just beaten all the trainers along the way w/ Lucky Egg attached.

I guess I'll just throw away the Lucky Egg (and ignore Audinos) next time I start playing Black. Or put it on the GTS, i'm sure some 7-year-old who can't stand losing will enjoy it.
Even if you're denying that HG/SS required serious grinding (which you literally cannot do, but whatever), you're still complaining about something that made rotating in a new, underleveled member to your team infinitely easier and less frustrating. Maybe you should try having fun with video games?

In your experiences who are the best HM slaves for this game?? For me, ducklett works pretty well as she learns half of them (surf, fly, and dive).
HM slave? In Gen 5? Didn't need one. I think there's one situation where you need only one HM move for a little bit, but I can't remember what. It may have been Surf, or cut. Anyway, yeah, never needed a slave.

pre-E4 not much is need (actually you only NEED to use Cut and ONCE). Post-game Tropius is awesome for Flash/Flash/Fly/Strength, while something like Oshawott can learn Surf/Waterfall/Dive.

Personally I use Tropius + Hydreigon for Surf (which is a good move for him, so it's not like I was "forced" to put it).

Where in the hey hootin' do you get light clay? I love screens, but i can't find its location anywhere on the internet except that there's a measly 5% chance for golett to be holding it. There has to be a better way.

Where in the hey hootin' do you get light clay? I love screens, but i can't find its location anywhere on the internet except that there's a measly 5% chance for golett to be holding it. There has to be a better way.
Nope, I just go to that floor of Dragonspiral Tower with the 100% Golett appearance, with a Frisker. Took me a bit, but I got it.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Nope, I just go to that floor of Dragonspiral Tower with the 100% Golett appearance, with a Frisker. Took me a bit, but I got it.
-Put a fainted Compoundeyes Pokemon up first
-Frisk Pokemon up second
-PROFIT

Also, Golett give one Attack EV, so you can train that Stantler or Banette while you're trying to get it.

Also, it is impossible to obtain a Light Ball in-game, as it can only be found on non-existent wild Pikachu.

Interesting I got a Shroomish from the GTS with:
31/31/22+(didn't narrow enough)/31/22+(didn't narrow enough)/31

Obviously the SpA is useless, but the HP/Atk/Spe is awesome if I ever decide to breed for a good breloom (or anything for that matter).

Interesting I got a Shroomish from the GTS with:
31/31/22+(didn't narrow enough)/31/22+(didn't narrow enough)/31

Obviously the SpA is useless, but the HP/Atk/Spe is awesome if I ever decide to breed for a good breloom (or anything for that matter).
Normal GTS, or GTS Negotiations? If it was from Negotiations, then that's not a suprise; I get many of my awesome Pokés from there via trading with Japanese players.

I just got really lucky with breeding. In the great chasm, I found a ditto. It was shiny and I caught it. It was docile(meh, gonna use to breed anyway) but had this IV spread:
31hp
31 atk
6-8 def
30 spatk
31 sp def
27 spd

Talk about getting lucky, holy shit. Definetly gonna breed a lucario with this.

Normal GTS, or GTS Negotiations? If it was from Negotiations, then that's not a suprise; I get many of my awesome Pokés from there via trading with Japanese players.
Normal GTS, actually I am yet to try Negotiations. Is it good? (I assume it is for you at least since you got this Pokemon).

@SMZ - I tried it yesterday, and ughhh, tons of kids trying to trade their lv.100 Mewtwos in Master Ball for something equaly "awesome". And if you don't put your choices in less than a minute they always disconnect.

I just got really lucky with breeding. In the great chasm, I found a ditto. It was shiny and I caught it. It was docile(meh, gonna use to breed anyway) but had this IV spread:
31hp
31 atk
6-8 def
30 spatk
31 sp def
27 spd

Talk about getting lucky, holy shit. Definetly gonna breed a lucario with this.
You sir, have just incurred ALL OF MY HATE.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
@SMZ - I tried it yesterday, and ughhh, tons of kids trying to trade their lv.100 Mewtwos in Master Ball for something equaly "awesome". And if you don't put your choices in less than a minute they always disconnect.
Actually, it's mostly just people offering shinies (probably hacked too) and making people feel bad when they can't offer more up.

You thought people trying to flaunt their e-dicks were bad? Now they can do that in Pokemon!

Actually, it's mostly just people offering shinies (probably hacked too) and making people feel bad when they can't offer more up.

You thought people trying to flaunt their e-dicks were bad? Now they can do that in Pokemon!
I just end the trade the second I see a hacked shiny. Bitches can't make me feel bad now, huh?

Speaking of hacked shinies, I'm seeing these shinies in normal GTS for lv 9 and under Reshiram/Zekrom or other "impossible" stuff. Most of these pretty sure it's the same japanese dude, go look up tentacool, then tentacruel, then phanpy, forgot others and you'll know what I mean.

Speaking of hacked shinies, I'm seeing these shinies in normal GTS for lv 9 and under Reshiram/Zekrom or other "impossible" stuff. Most of these pretty sure it's the same japanese dude, go look up tentacool, then tentacruel, then phanpy, forgot others and you'll know what I mean.
That is really starting to bug me. They just clog up the servers with impossible trades. They should make "Filters" or something to make sure that what they want isn't impossible to get. It's just a waste of space on the GTS.

God, I love the Hax Subway.

I see a Shuckle. Mienshao uses Fake Out, business as usual. Stone Edge misses, Shuckle Power Tricks. HJK misses, I die to Rock Slide. No big deal, I've got Gyarados in reserve, Waterfall will get the job done...no wait, Quick Claw. I suppose I can hope Darmanitan can kill his entire team will Flare Blitz...nope, Quick Claw.

The hax on Darmanitan wouldn't have changed anything, as his last two were Tentacruel and Donphan and I was Scarfed, but Gyarados would have torn his team apart. I guess having a Life Orb instead of a Wide Lens on Mienshao didn't help either, but Mienshao just want the extra power so badly, Life Orb makes such a big difference on what Fake Out + HJK does and does not kill.

It wasn't an amazing streak, only 43, but it was by far the best I've done. Just wanted to vent.

God, I love the Hax Subway.

I see a Shuckle. Mienshao uses Fake Out, business as usual. Stone Edge misses, Shuckle Power Tricks. HJK misses, I die to Rock Slide. No big deal, I've got Gyarados in reserve, Waterfall will get the job done...no wait, Quick Claw. I suppose I can hope Darmanitan can kill his entire team will Flare Blitz...nope, Quick Claw.

The hax on Darmanitan wouldn't have changed anything, as his last two were Tentacruel and Donphan and I was Scarfed, but Gyarados would have torn his team apart. I guess having a Life Orb instead of a Wide Lens on Mienshao didn't help either, but Mienshao just want the extra power so badly, Life Orb makes such a big difference on what Fake Out + HJK does and does not kill.

It wasn't an amazing streak, only 43, but it was by far the best I've done. Just wanted to vent.
Welcome to Pokemon.

That's why I don't play the battle subway; I hate getting insanely pissed off when I break my previous win streak record, only to lose the next battle to a cheap crit/miss.

I only use it if I need a particular item, like the Air Balloon. Right now I have like 200 BP, so thankfully I won't be going there for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)