Pokémon GO

Went to a smaller park and had about a dozen people wandering around during the whole 3 hour bit (mostly during the first hour). Came away with 4 shinies, but only 14 attack one that got evolved into a TTar towards the end. Also got a 12-14-15 one and a decent 15 attack one that got evolved and I have enough candy left over for a fourth if i want. Also hatched about 5 - 6 eggs i had gotten hanging around pokestops and still have about 7 left.

I would think of this as a fun and successful event on my part, but now i need to grab more pinaps. ran completely out.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Didn’t spawn like the Dragonite spawn, but pleased they finally did a fast move. Hopefully for Blastoise they will give it both a fast and a Charge Move to make it meta-relevant, or just make Hydro cannon 3 bar.

Caught a 95% Larvitar and Raided for an 84% Smack down Tyranitar which was pretty cool getting 20 candy and not even needing to evolve 125 candies. I am glad it spawned with the special move.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I got 6 shiny larvitars (2 of which I evolved) and also got a shiny shellder as a bonus as well. Also was able to evolve a perfect level 30 larvitar I was holding onto for the occasion as well so it can get the smackdown & stone edge moveset which I intend to power up at a later time when necessary. In looking forward to future community day events, I hope it'll be ralts perhaps in August and gain a fairy fast move similar to tyranitar in this past event.

While I have yet to get any shiny in any raids, I'm still prioritizing to get gold in certain gyms as I'm currently at 40 gold gyms and another 4 within range now.

Friends and trading incoming! Alolan Eggs can be found in gifts when spinning Photo Discs, but they can only be sent to friends.

Make Way for Friends, Trading, and Gifting in Pokémon GO!
Pokémon GO
Trainers,

We’re excited to share brand-new ways to interact with your friends in Pokémon GO! The Friends feature will start rolling out to Trainers later this week, allowing you to connect with your real-life friends and keep track of their adventures in Pokémon GO. You’ll be able to send them items, earn bonuses—and even trade Pokémon!

In order to add a friend in Pokémon GO, you must first ask them to share their Trainer Code with you. To invite a Trainer to become your friend, simply enter their Trainer Code and then send them a request. If they accept, you’ll become friends, and you’ll see them in your Friends List.

When you spin a Photo Disc at a PokéStop or Gym, you have a chance of receiving a special Gift. Although you can’t open the Gifts you receive from PokéStops, you can send them to a friend on your Friend List. Inside the Gift will be a stash of helpful items, which your friend will receive along with a postcard showing where you picked up your Gift. Gifts can also include a special surprise: an Egg that, when hatched, will contain an Alolan form of a Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region!

When you send a Gift to a friend or participate in a raid or Gym battle with them, you can increase your Friendship Level. As your Friendship Level builds, you’ll then unlock bonuses when you play together. For example, when you and a Great Friend participate in a Gym battle or Raid Battle together, you can earn an Attack bonus to give your Pokémon an edge! You can increase your Friendship Level once per day per friend.

You can also build your Friendship Level by trading Pokémon with a friend. If you’re near a friend and have a Trainer Level of 10 or higher, you can trade Pokémon you’ve caught with that friend. Completing a trade earns a bonus Candy for the Pokémon you’ve traded away, and that bonus can increase if the Pokémon you traded were caught in locations far apart from each other! All trades are powered by Stardust, and some trades require more Stardust than others. As you build your Friendship Level with the friend you are trading with, you’ll find that you can complete the trade with much less Stardust.

Certain Pokémon, such as a Legendary Pokémon, a Shiny Pokémon, or a Pokémon not currently in your Pokédex, require a Special Trade to complete, so keep that in mind before trading away that golden Magikarp! Special Trades can only occur once per day with a Great Friend or Best Friend, and it often requires a lot of Stardust to complete a Special Trade. Special Trades are a great way to show a friend how much you care!

So get out there and discover Pokémon GO with friends! Stay safe, and happy exploring!

—The Pokémon GO team
Source

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Friends and trading incoming! Alolan Eggs can be found in gifts when spinning Photo Discs, but they can only be sent to friends.

Source
FINALLY WE HAVE TRADING!!!

This is great! A much needed feature for more connectively. This could potentially be abused to trade Pokemon out of people who have stopped playing or with secondary accounts, but there are measures in place to limit this including trades being powered by stardust and friendship level needed for special trades. Hopefully it does not need much stardust since that is a scarce resource. EDIT: From that source, trading a Pikachu could cost 100 stardust, but a Legendary bird could cost 1 million stardust...

Gifts is a cool feature. It's also a neat way to get the Alolan forms. I'm guessing that you can only get them this way, so Exeggecute will never be able to evolve into its Alolan form unless its received from a gift.

I have been saving as many Kangaskhan as possible on my game in preparation for when trading came out. I have over 100 Kangaskhan. Sadly that special trade requiring a great or best friend may hamper my plans to trade internationally.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I wonder if it costs each trainer the same, such as if I trade you a Tyranitar from Community Day for your Pidgey.

Do we have to pay the same stardust, or do we base it off Pokemon level, moves?
(I didn’t see specialty hat Pikachu listed for a Special Trade, but I assume it will be).

I hope they don’t require trading for Evolution. I.e. Gen 4 Eevees. That would mean the only way of getting something is to hope you get it traded back when you trade it to your friend.

There should be rewards for trading, rather than costs... Level 38 - 40 Players have no incentive to trade with a lower level trainer. Why waste your stardust in a trade to help someone else? They should offer bigger rewards than candies.

The only rewards I see is if you have a weaker legendary, and you just need 1 more candy, so you trade it to someone and get an additional candy for the power up in your higher IV one (although you coulda just transferred it).

We just need PvP.

Expert Evan

While trading appears exciting, I'm concerned about the stardust involved as well as the reset of IVs upon trading which almost discourages this idea. Hopefully I can acquire some regional stuff I don't yet already have.

... I just planned a little hiatus and taking early break even before this water week ends, but now they show this.

Still, I'm not the kind who easily trusts people. I'll just be thankful that none of the Alolan formes are that impacting, although this also pretty much denies my hope of Party AloRaichu....

I also hope I'm just pessimistic, but while it lessened from what I experienced before, multi-accounts still are an issue, and this trading is sadly otherwise devised greatly carefully without them in thought. Still, at least kudos to Ntic for devising this.

The only thing I could think of using this is probably gamble my stardust with someone willing to do it for me to reset IVs of Eevees to perfect one, which is one in 15^3 odd. And that's if someone's willing to, and I'm no fan to gambling anyway due to my lack of faith to RNArceus.

Still, this is also going to make stardust the currency of this game. A weird currency.
Although hey, as I typed this post, I realised this can also be the currency sink of the game now. And possibly potent one if movesets are retained, since this could mean people would dump dusts in hope to resetting their legacy stuffs or other awesome stuffs with bad IVs.

Not that I'd even bother touching it even with prospect of the medal. I'm just that much of stingy strategist with resources and loner with self-reliance and wouldn't like to senselessly dump my resources for medals, unless they reward me unlocking some fairy princess' dress or other fancy outfits to justify the dust dumping.
Seriously though, holy Miltank, I won't be using this trading feature so much, if at all. I could even clean up my Dex on my own and for those that I have never gotten, it'd be like how I'm lazy in re-completing my Dex in AS and U-Sun, except with more deterrent of dust cost and a friend in close proximity instead of easy GTS.
I feel like I want to be excited, but somehow I don't :pikuh:

EDIT: Actually, scratch what is scratched, if what I heard here is true, that apparently traded Pokemon was shown possible range of CP that never exceeds its current, meaning that it's almost always guaranteed to be worse. Surely this needs actual testing once it arrives, but I won't hold my breath. It's possibly for the greater good anyway.
And now I'm getting really paranoid to the potentials of multi-accounters. Obviously, all these new features needs to be tested, but I'm looking forward to reading a well-written article about potentials of multi-accounting and its effects to the game in the long run.

Last edited:
I'm willing to think the CP ranges displayed were with maxed IV mons or something for the sake of shiny promo images, but I haven't looked at them since the announcement so perhaps I remember wrong.

The big thing that this feature offers to me is that since I have a consistent trading partner to friend level (my brother), it can be a superior option to transferring if we can cover the Stardust costs (which we don't know the specifics of and goes down to something like 40k at max level for double legendary trading). Transferring just rewards one candy for the mon, but in this scenario, without assuming you get something good in exchange, you can get more candy based on distance (a lot of my stuff is caught in another state while I was at university) and the other player gets a (rerolled) Legendary out of it if they're new, which potentially puts one more battle ready mon in the game. It has potential to be at least a pricey candy factory, turn Stardust into it instead of Rare Candies if you're spread thin on those.

I'm just as skeptical about the costs as everyone else, but I guess give it a field run and see how it goes. Backlash against the system would likely result in rebalancing, especially since "Let's Go" means they wanna keep the playerbase and word of mouth happy: there's obviously people who will go from PGO to LG, but who's to say some people might not also go in the opposite direction? Play handheld mode on Switch as well as at home, eventually though decide to try the F2P version out for something a bit simpler while traveling.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Details of the next Community Day on July 8th:
Featured Pokemon: Squirtle
Featured Move: ???
Bonus: 1/4 egg hatch distance
Bonus: 3-hour lures

Source

Who is actually doing this? Can’t they just go over to Metagross with its signature Meteor Mash already? I love Blastoise, just not the limited stats.

I would like it if they didn't move things around and add over complicated silly systems, gym notifications moved to news tab.. why? what not have a separate journal tab? and why not notify me who the hell kicked my stuff out, clear foul play going on recently in regards to gyms (grey gyms, , spoofers kicking out, targeting etc and its impossible to report because its grey gyms), they also need to sort out these revive rates from raids... last 5 raids.. a total of 3. when I needed about 18

Who is actually doing this? Can’t they just go over to Metagross with its signature Meteor Mash already? I love Blastoise, just not the limited stats.
I'd rather we have some break here. Last CD was really tiring to us and even Ntic. This won't be much, but at least this means I don't have to frantically refill my bag and reorganise my Pokemon box after these Larvitars blow serious holes to them and my feet. I can wait for a while for Belldum, I haven't gotten satisfying ones to prepare anyway, while I have one or two near perfect turtle kids I can evolve anytime in case I couldn't go this time.

I evolved my perfect Squirtle a couple of months ago, though luckily enough I hatched a 15/13/15 one the other day. I might have other commitments on July 8th though so we'll see what happens. I'm sure I can spare a minute or two to evolve it if I must.

Expert Evan

Squirtle was easily predictable for being July's community day pokemon since it's the last original starter and the next in its pattern of starter/10k. Hopefully August will be Ralts as was predicted in a recent Reddit post as it would be nice for gardevoir to get a fairy fast move similar to tyranitar with smack down.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Predictions are nice and all but Gardevoir wouldn't benefit from anything, short of revamping the current moveset system (which hasn't been done).

Every damaging Fairy-type move is in Go basically, as a charge move. Fairy Wind is an easy contender for a Fairy-type fast move, but Gardevoir does not learn it. The other damaging move that's missing is Fleur Cannon and that's reserved for Magearna (and most definitely a charged move). Something like Draining Kiss must be made into a fast move if Gardevoir has any chance of being a dominating Fairy-type, else it'll be left aside when things like Togekiss or Sylveon come out.

i don't think trades are only locals... there's a medal for trading pokemon with friends that are at least 1000 km away from you... but serebii says another thing, so i'm a little confused :S

that refers to the distance between the two pokemon you traded (encouraging people to trade mons from far away). you still need to be within 100m to trade

as of this post people level 35+ can trade :)

i think that there's a problem with the translation, then... because, after looking all tre levels, if i literally translate the phrase written in italian, i have:
  • Level one: Trade pokemon with a trainer at least 1.000 kilometers away
  • Level two: Trade pokemon with a trainer at least 100.000 kilometers away
  • Level three: Trade pokemon with a trainer at least 1.000.000 kilometers away
and i think that a little impossible xD

it might not be, eggs received in gifts have the location of the stops they were spun from on them, so if trading those count, it should be alright

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)