Pokémon GO

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Well, other than Lugia's return (and its shiny variant) and Frenzy Plant Venusaur (which is amazing), you're not particularly locked out of any content. The Eon Duo is here for 2 months, and Mew is a permanent stay (thanks Mythical status).

Well, other than Lugia's return (and its shiny variant) and Frenzy Plant Venusaur (which is amazing), you're not particularly locked out of any content. The Eon Duo is here for 2 months, and Mew is a permanent stay (thanks Mythical status).
Alright, screw it. I'm getting back into it! Heading to the city centre right now to see what new things the game has to bring.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Completely renovated the Pokémon Go Viability list- changed Defenders list from most common to best tier.

Changed the attackers list to more accurately represent the current metagame, (I.e. no one uses Rhydon anymore, but like Gyarados, it still has a rank because it is 2nd best at Ground moves, so if you lack Groudon, then use Rhydon).

Submit your suggestions by replying to this post, also I based my tiers, in part off of this source: https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/attackers-tier-list
It was done before Lati@s was released, (and before Frenzy Plant Venusaur), but still includes Latios.
I added a few additional attackers like Rhydon, Vaporeon, Milotic, Ho-Oh, and Lugia, because TDO is important, and bulk on Lugia means it’ll be able to solo a Machamp Raid- a feat no other Pokémon can claim.

Last edited:
They can't learn it

Also I don't think mega will be available to defend. It doesn't make sense, the whole thing about the mega evolution is that you need both the trainer and Pokémon to sync, so without the trainer...
I didn't even think about Megas in defending. Just that Dragon Pulse is enough for a somewhat better defense with more spammable move, compared to easy-to-dodge moves it has. At least I got varied defenders this way. Volt Change's hurt power and Dragon Pulse should be decent in deterring low levels.

Not that it is still debatable since we're still very far away from that and we never know.

Last edited:

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Got my mew recently, looks like it will continue to sit in my box for collection. I'm liking this double candy event as i was finally able to do my spring cleaning on all these extra legendaries I've been keeping until now and was able to fully power up 2 of my best rayquazas to level 40 so they can be reliable users in these lati@s raids and many dragon raids in the future.

I'm enjoying this event; went for a quick walk this morning and caught mons I've little hope of seeing otherwise :) Having a bit of a problem with running low on pokeballs (suburban F2P player with few pokestops/gyms handy) and I'm trying to balance completing the current field tasks with knowing most of the specials tasks still to come and the need to save coins for raids on Sunday whilst wanting to upgrade mon & bag storage space.

I know I can delete tasks but I might need to make a trip into the nearest town for a stock up and mass catch session before Sunday's community day.

How's everyone else finding the event?

It's great. Mons I'd have to go to Wichita to see are all up in my biome. And then in the middle of stocking up on Gastly candies I snagged a Solrock. All in all, a very enjoyable event.

Glad that the Kanto event is happening since I have to catch 10 types of Ghost Pokemon (usually literally none where I live), since it gives Gastly every now and then.

Honestly, while most of the Kanto mons aren't that amazing, I really appreciate just the "equalization" of some otherwise rare species. Gastly is good for various things (medal, Mew Research, Gengar's still neat), Machop is everywhere to power up my Squad for Ttar raids, and I've finished some missing evolutions simply from them spawning in the wild, much less actually evolving.

This event underscores something I'd hope to see addressed: giving each type a reasonably accessible mon of its type regularly appearing. Every fighting type seems semi-common/uncommon at best, for example, despite it being one of the best attacking types.

So is the reward for 7 stamps fixed to be Moltres? I was unable to get my hands on any of the birds so I was hoping for Zapdos and Articuno too... Hopefully it rotates every few weeks?

for a month yes, so 4 times it should be Moltres.
loving this event actually makes me want to catch things, I don't NEED to get xp, but its nice to catch different things other the same 3 things I see (Mr Mime, Jigglypuff and Weedle.) plenty of things I don't normally see, such as sandshrew, rares popping up all over the place, 1 Aero, 1 Lapras... 1 Golem, various Machokes, Primapes, couple of Rapidash, had an Arbok on sightings as well..

Encountered another 98% Latias earlier today and managed to successfully catch it this time with not much of a struggle! It even came with Dragon Breath and Outrage to boot so I'm really happy with this one.

So they either reduced the spawn rate or just messed up completely.

Also only managed to catch the weakest (~82.2%) of three Latias because such is my luck.

EDIT: Turns out they messed up for the first hour and a half ish (for me at least), so the event was extended for an hour. Managed to catch around 95 Mareep, 10 of which were shiny. Only five of them are usable, of which one is shiny. Not a bad haul overall.

Last edited:
I'm now in desperate need of catching a Ditto for the sake of the research. How am I going to find one?!
I'm also stuck on this. My local facebook group had been posting ditto sightings when they were found but the usual suspects are missing atm because of the Kanto event unfortunately.

Apparently the spawn boosts are redistributed to be averagely similar to each species. I was looking for Eevee in its biome areas which had been infested with Aron instead, and nope, no much luck. Kanto spawns override most of them and I have as much luck in finding them at other areas. I came there in vain, when I could just have looked for them around.
And then a CP 837 Eevee ran away on first throw with Hyper Ball. :mad:
I feel dead inside. That was my highest ever encountered....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)