Pokémon GO

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Brotad Event

Date + Time

March 30, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. in your local time zone.

Features

Pokémon that appear due to weather conditions will appear more frequently during the event. Limited Research tasks will be available when you spin Photo Discs at PokéStops. Completing the Limited Research tasks will award you encounters with Lotad.

If you’re lucky, you may encounter
:lotadshiny:
and
:castformshiny:
in its Normal form!

The move Weather Ball for Castform will be permanently added to the game.

Still unsure of if I should max out any of my 98% Sceptile, 98% Roserade or 91% lucky (14 attack so basically 93%) Dialga
I have trouble getting dust, can anybody suggest me anything?

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Max whatever you need at the moment (either a Grass attacker, in which case go Roserade unless you are facing Ground-type attacks, or a Dragon attacker). If you don't need it at present, best to save until such a time where the dust use is warranted.

For getting more dust I'd suggest:

1) Go+ / Gotcha / Poke Ball Plus / whatever accessory: These are stardust making machines in a nutshell. As long as you keep a steady supply of Poke Balls, all you need to do is let those do the work and you get dust without thinking too much about it. It builds up quickly. Just watch your storage.

2) Fast Catch: This is a primordial technique (link here for the unaware) for anyone who wants to take advantage of basically anything.

With Fast Catch, all you do is throw the ball and exit out. You can catch everything in your path with time to spare and that builds up dust.

3) Money extras: Incubators + Star Pieces. Incubators passively add to stardust count if you're continuously using them while Star Pieces obviously increase what you get w/ any action.

4) Any excess berries (e.g. Nanabs) you have can be used to feed gyms. It's minor (only 20 dust per berry) but it adds up if you're constantly disposing of them - this pairs well with the Gotcha in areas with tons of stops / gyms.

5) Stacking Quests: Stacking 2nd/3rd stages within your quest line-up allows you to later build up dust within a certain timeframe (E.g Double Dust Event). To stack, all you do is claim your quest reward and immediately run away - it is then added to the top of your quest list (the stack) and you can store up to 100 before it starts erasing them. The Equinox Event itself has an "Evolve 5 Grass-types" quest that awards Venusaur, so you can stack those.

Addendum to quests: Take advantage of quests that award dust, whether it's the generic ones available all year long or event-specific ones like Catch 10x Grass-type Pokémon -> 1000 Stardust. This also applies to quests that award 2nd/3rd stage Pokémon as well.

Aside from these, obviously take advantage of events where Double / Triple Stardust is promised by using all of the above.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Ive been ignoring the fast catch for some time, might help me actually catch stuff instead of just shiny checking, thanks
The only use of a Grass Type is for resisting Solar Beam Groudon. As they also resist its Ground Fast Move- Sceptile, Exeggutor (Alolan for the double grass resist) work well here because they can tank it’s hits.

Articuno also works well, (Mamo / Lapras fears Solar Beam), and I prefer it due to the double resistance to its Ground Fast Move. Solar Beam Ho-Oh actually resists all of Groudon’s Charge moves and can do well.

Electric covers Water better in terms of DPS, but of course they don’t resist water, so Exeggutor Alolan has higher TDO.

As for Rock types, it just depends on the secondary typing: Tyranitar is dealt with by Machamp, while Rhydon/perior is dealt with by Kyogre.

For single type rocks, Metagross is ultimately better.

Skymin of this Gen 4 will surpass #1 Roserade, #2 Sceptile. So watch out for that. No 125 candy wall, no exclusive community day needed. It is mythical so we will only get 1 guaranteed, like Mew, Celebi. Maybe 2 if they split the forms.

Overall, I would just focus Stardust on the long term stuff. However, Sceptile Mega is a possibility, so that is why I maxed out my Sceptile.

Last edited:
Shaymin needs HP Grass if Im not mistaken though
It might work with non-STAB super effectives too (like water) but Grass is the bee's knees
The thing is, I dont really *need* more maxed out Mons, what I have is enough for our groups of 4-6 we usually get
Its about getting a little boost in some departments (my fire types are terrible but I dont really have a good one bar 96% Entei/Heatran)

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm not sure what to expect for April Community Day as February with swinub broke a pattern of 10k eggs previously occupying every other month. Since a wave of pokemon has yet to be available (ie. gible, cherubi, hippopitas, glaceon) I suspect it may have something to do with that if not mistaken.

1) Go+ / Gotcha / Poke Ball Plus / whatever accessory: These are stardust making machines in a nutshell. As long as you keep a steady supply of Poke Balls, all you need to do is let those do the work and you get dust without thinking too much about it. It builds up quickly. Just watch your storage.
The most annoying thing about this is that it only works with Poke Balls. I feel that it's too much of a waste to throw out Great Balls and Ultra Balls, but it may have to come to that if I wanted to take advantage of it...

I'm not sure what to expect for April Community Day as February with swinub broke a pattern of 10k eggs previously occupying every other month. Since a wave of pokemon has yet to be available (ie. gible, cherubi, hippopitas, glaceon) I suspect it may have something to do with that if not mistaken.
There have a lot of options. Of the Pokemon with a 3-tier family that doesn't start with a baby and without their shiny available (regardless of meta relevance), there is:

Weedle (...)
Nidoran♂
Zubat
Oddish
Poliwag
Abra
Bellsprout
Rhyhorn
Horsea
Hoppip
Wurmple
Seedot
Ralts
Slakoth
Whismur
Trapinch
Spheal
Bagon

I'm not personally expecting a new wave of Gen 4 release for next CD.

People have speculated Ralts and Togepi for a long time, and I've been holding onto my better ones waiting for those fairy moves. Really hoping either one of those will be next.

Rhyhorm Community Day would be big mood with Rhyperior now available. Though Ralts, Trapinch, Slakoth and Bagon are all bigger draws becuase of rarity.

Actually, a Ralts Community Day that focuses on Gallade would be fantastic.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
The pattern was broken with Eevee, and of course Pikachu started it all, with a baby in its Evo line.

To be honest, if Slaking got Body Slam, it may be better than Snorlax. The Attack stat would make up for Yawn, and having big HP, but not the biggest Defense would let it charge rather quickly.

I know a lot of people are expecting a Fairy Fast Move for Ralts, to unlock its true potential as a Gardevoir, but... There's no Fairy move left in the game for Ralts to learn. The only Fairy attack not implemented in GO is Fairy Wind, and only Togetic, Hoppip and Mawile can learn it so far. Some people are hoping Disarming Voice will be switched from Charge move to Fast move, but that would be a first.

And Togepi's shiny is already out, so I'm not holding my breath for that CD. Maybe we'll see a Togetic Raid Day instead?

I'm expecting Bagon soon. We got Beldum already, so I think Gen 3's other pseudo-legendary won't be too far behind. Give it Dragon Claw, to avoid making it into a Dragonite copy. Then Rock Wrecker Rhyhorn in June. That'd be fun.

I know a lot of people are expecting a Fairy Fast Move for Ralts, to unlock its true potential as a Gardevoir, but... There's no Fairy move left in the game for Ralts to learn. The only Fairy attack not implemented in GO is Fairy Wind, and only Togetic, Hoppip and Mawile can learn it so far. Some people are hoping Disarming Voice will be switched from Charge move to Fast move, but that would be a first.

And Togepi's shiny is already out, so I'm not holding my breath for that CD. Maybe we'll see a Togetic Raid Day instead?

I'm expecting Bagon soon. We got Beldum already, so I think Gen 3's other pseudo-legendary won't be too far behind. Give it Dragon Claw, to avoid making it into a Dragonite copy. Then Rock Wrecker Rhyhorn in June. That'd be fun.
Togepi is pure nonsense
But the switch might happen, nothing half-interesting learns DV and its a garbage move anyway
Either way, Im hoping for DV for Gardevoir and Drain Punch/Superpower for Gallade

Next event could be Earth Day 2019.

Bonuses will only happen if enough people attend local Earth Day clean up events, and register through Niantic.
  • If 2,000 players attend and cleanup: Increased appearances of Ground-type Pokémon
  • If 5,000 players attend and cleanup: Shiny Diglett will be released + Increased appearances of Ground-type Pokémon
  • If 7,000 players attend and cleanup: 2x Stardust and Candy for Event Spawns + Groudon comes back to Raids + Shiny Diglett is released + Increased appearances of Ground-type Pokémon
Niantic's website states that "in-game rewards will be released within a 48 hour window from the end of the Earth Day Campaign."

Last year, "on April 22 2018 over 4,200 Pokémon GO trainers took part in coordinated cleanup events around the world". Shiny Diglett would not have been released.

We'll see.

Last edited:
Salamence's current Charge moves are Draco Meteor, Hydro Pump (edit: and Fire Blast)

Some people are hoping they'll introduce Fly as a Charge move. I say Dragon Claw simply because Outrage seems a bit... unoriginal. Others suggest they'll introduce Dragon Rush. Or they might do something crazy and give it like Flamethrower or Bulldoze.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Don't forget Fire Blast.

Outrage is optimal because it makes Mence a less resource-intensive Rayquaza. Fly is cool bc it's Mence's main lore and it could make it a really cool Flying attacker. Dragon Rush is a potential move that could go to this or Garchomp that could also be ridiculous like Outrage but gives it a unique flair.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Oops forgot to mention this: Bug Out! Event.

From April 2-9th. Literally just Bugs and Limited Research (presumably Nincada and potentially Shedinja). Might be the release of the Burmy line.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Don't forget Fire Blast.

Outrage is optimal because it makes Mence a less resource-intensive Rayquaza. Fly is cool bc it's Mence's main lore and it could make it a really cool Flying attacker. Dragon Rush is a potential move that could go to this or Garchomp that could also be ridiculous like Outrage but gives it a unique flair.
Dragon Rush makes sense for Salamence, Dual Chop makes sense for Garchomp.
I hope they begin introducing Fast moves in addition to Charge moves.

Sceptile would have been much better with Grass Knot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)