Pokémon GO

In the email about Slakoth Community Day:
Don’t slack off on June Community Day, featuring Slakoth!

I know I'm possibly reading way too much into it (as they're the slaking sloth Pokemon, after all) but wouldn't Slack Off suddenly be a fun twist for a new Fast Move?

I'd imagine it having 0 damage, but sporting a faster energy gain than Yawn, or even a small heal every time you use it.

In the email about Slakoth Community Day:
Don’t slack off on June Community Day, featuring Slakoth!

I know I'm possibly reading way too much into it (as they're the slaking sloth Pokemon, after all) but wouldn't Slack Off suddenly be a fun twist for a new Fast Move?

I'd imagine it having 0 damage, but sporting a faster energy gain than Yawn, or even a small heal every time you use it.
CDs dont give two moves

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Take it with a grain of salt because things have been redacted before but this is pretty likely.

As for the possibility of a 2nd move, bear in mind Blaziken also saw the introduction of Blaze Kick to its movepool. While Slaking "could" see a 2nd move, it's not very likely, though Crush Claw is one of the unused moves in the code.

EDIT: Based on the new APK findings, we might get Giga Impact for it. Also a move for Ralts Community Day and Jirachi's imminent release if that tickles your fancy.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Wasn't posted but here's the return of Adventure Week:

Date + Time: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, at 1 p.m. to Tuesday, June 11, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)

- Rock-types appear more in the wild, hatch said Rock-types from 2Ks, and many will be in raids. There is also dedicated Field Research for them.
- The release of Shiny Onix, Lileep and Anorith.
- 4x Buddy Candy.
- 10x XP per new stop spun (same as last year's).
- If you have Adventure Sync activated, you will receive 50K Stardust and 15 Rare Candies if you walk 50 KMs that week.

Wasn't posted but here's the return of Adventure Week:

Date + Time: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, at 1 p.m. to Tuesday, June 11, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)

- Rock-types appear more in the wild, hatch said Rock-types from 2Ks, and many will be in raids. There is also dedicated Field Research for them.
- The release of Shiny Onix, Lileep and Anorith.
- 4x Buddy Candy.
- 10x XP per new stop spun (same as last year's).
- If you have Adventure Sync activated, you will receive 50K Stardust and 15 Rare Candies if you walk 50 KMs that week.
Tues there means Wed late night here. No 50K stardust this week, it can only go for one time :psycry:
Unless, probably, we withhold that for a day.

I suppose I can use the buddy candy bonus to build Blissey infrastructure much faster, though.

Tues there means Wed late night here. No 50K stardust this week, it can only go for one time :psycry:
Unless, probably, we withhold that for a day.

I suppose I can use the buddy candy bonus to build Blissey infrastructure much faster, though.
1pm PDT on Tuesday there is actually 5am Wednesday here.

Long time no post, but are any smogonites going to GO fest next week? I saw someone motoring around with a Smogon U t-shirt last time but couldn't find them again after I realized what the shirt was.

I got a ton of Cranidos, Shieldon, Machop, Tyranitar/Larvitar, and Electabuzz I would like to distance trade with some folks, especially if/when we get the distance trade quests during GO fest like the leaks suggest.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Evolved a level 35 vigoroth that I've been reluctant to evolve for so long as this should make a great gym defender with body slam, now my #2 CP pokemon behind Mewtwo which I purposely kept as #1 even ahead of Groudon back when we were doing Heatran raids in December/January. While I was able to accomplish 50 km this past week for that bonus reward coming Monday morning, I got a bad cold these past few days so I'm looking forward to getting this event done. I never got a Gible/Gabite/Garchomp since it came out so Cranidos shall do for now. For the field tasks, I've been focusing on the Cranidos tasks, maybe a few others when push comes to shove, but find it a little annoying that almost every field task is either hatching 2 eggs or going 3 buddy distances. I suppose evolving for cradily or armaldo is easy when clustering them in 3's but still find that rather annoying for a chance to get a shiny onix. Speaking of which I was happy to find a weather boosted shiny onix in the wild so have since evolved it to steelix which looks cool and look forward to placing in a gym when the time is right.

Edit: long time no see (formerly lucariojr). I won't be going to GO fest even if I really wanted to as I'm rather glad they're lifting the special trade limit for the occasion, which I find so annoying especially when some of us may have lots of useless shinies that I wouldn't know what else to do with them except trade them off when necessary. Last thing I want to do with them is transfer them away even with limited Pokemon storage. I've been plateau with 1800 out of 2000 as I usually leave a small gap when I go out daily with a PoGo+ and don't want to reach my storage limit so fast.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I completely forgot to evolve all of my slakoths yesterday, but when I IV checked them they were all trash.

With over 1K Candy, I will be able to evolve them during December.

However, by then Gen 5 will show up, and it will be a matter of the new gym meta, which means that who knows what will still be considered a worthwhile gym defender.

Conkeldur and the Swords of Justice (namely Terrakion) will be additional fightings projected to outright replace Machamp. Suddenly, it will be even easier to defeat Snorlax and Slaking without Heavy Slam or Play Rough, respectively, and Chansey is harmless unless she gets a buff. Blissey will basically be Defending a Gym alone unless the last 2 slots offer a deterrent to Fighting types. (If Ghost or Psychic then Darkrai will rise, if Fairy Metagross will rise; if Flying or Bug then Rampardos will rise).

My focus is on the fact I walked 50KM which means I will get a 50K stardust, which with the stardust piece means +75K stardust! Plus 15 rare candy to train up my Mewtwos with Shadow Ball, and open their 2nd move.

Attachments

Last edited:
Global Challenge announced:

Trainers,

Attention, Team Instinct, Mystic, and Valor Trainers!

Get ready for a Global Challenge like you’ve never experienced before! This year, Professor Willow has tasked Spark, Blanche, and Candela to take on new challenges and grow as leaders. While they’re already accomplished Pokémon GO Trainers, the professor wants to make sure they’re ready to take on any trouble that might come their way.

Each team leader will be responsible for rallying Trainers to complete research both around the world and at each of the three Pokémon GO Fest events this summer. Complete the Global Challenge research alongside the Trainers at every Pokémon GO Fest, and unlock exciting bonuses designed by none other than your very own team leaders the following week! If all three teams and the event attendees meet the research goals, a special bonus Raid Day will be unlocked during the bonus week. And if all goals are met by the end of summer, an even more exciting bonus will be unlocked!

Pokémon GO
The professor believes that Spark, Blanche, and Candela are ready to take on such a responsibility, and we hope you’re excited to support them. Read the details carefully, Trainers, and prepare yourselves!

Spark’s Candy Research Challenge

Challenge Date + Time
Thursday, June 13, 2019, at 9 a.m. to Sunday, June 16, 2019, at 5 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)

This challenge lasts from start to finish of Pokémon GO Fest Chicago.
Challenge Research Tasks

Pokémon GO Fest Chicago event attendees—Complete 1 million research tasks to unlock 2× Catch Candy
Team Instinct—Complete 15 million research tasks globally to unlock guaranteed 1 Rare Candy per raid
Team Valor—Complete 15 million research tasks globally to unlock 1/2 Hatch Distance
Team Mystic—Complete 15 million research tasks globally to unlock 2× Hatch Candy

Reward Bonus Date + Time

All successfully unlocked bonuses will run from Tuesday, June 18, 2019, at 1 p.m. until Tuesday, June 25, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT.
Unlock all the above bonuses, and Raikou will be available in raids for a short period of time (date and time to be announced later). If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Raikou!

Candela’s XP Research Challenge

Challenge Date + Time
Thursday, July 4, 2019, at 1 a.m. to Sunday, July 7, 2019, at 9 a.m. PDT (GMT −7)

This challenge lasts from start to finish of Pokémon GO Fest Dortmund.
Challenge Research Tasks

Pokémon GO Fest Dortmund event attendees—Complete 1 million research tasks to unlock 3× Catch XP
Team Instinct—Complete 15 million research tasks globally to unlock 1-hour Lucky Eggs
Team Valor—Complete 15 million research tasks globally to unlock 3× Hatch XP
Team Mystic—Complete 15 million research tasks globally to unlock 2× Raid XP

Reward Bonus Date + Time

All successfully unlocked bonuses will run from Tuesday, July 9, 2019, at 1 p.m. until Tuesday, July 16, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT.
Unlock all the above bonuses, and Entei will be available in raids on Sunday, July 14, 2019 (time to be announced later). If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Entei!

Blanche’s Stardust Research Challenge

Challenge Date + Time
Monday, August 5, 2019, at 6 p.m. to Monday, August 12, 2019, at 1 a.m. PDT (GMT −7)

This challenge lasts from start to finish of Pokémon GO Fest Yokohama.
Challenge Research Tasks

Pokémon GO Fest Yokohama event attendees—Complete 2 million research tasks to unlock 3× Catch Stardust
Team Instinct—Complete 25 million research tasks globally to unlock guaranteed 3,000 Stardust per raid
Team Valor—Complete 25 million research tasks globally to unlock 3× Hatch Stardust
Team Mystic—Complete 25 million research tasks globally to unlock 1-hour Star Pieces

Reward Bonus Date + Time

All successfully unlocked bonuses will run from Tuesday, August 13, 2019, at 1 p.m. until Tuesday, August 20, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT.
Unlock all the above bonuses, and Suicune will be available in raids on Saturday, August 17, 2019 (time to be announced later). If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Suicune!

It’s time to set team allegiances aside and unite to complete this challenge. Professor Willow has high expectations for Spark, Blanche, and Candela, and they’ll need your support now more than ever. Let’s work together and GO!

—The Pokémon GO team
Entei/Raikou/Suicune again? smh

Last edited:

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Global Challenge announced:
Entei/Raikou/Suicune again? smh
Some of these goals sound rather outrageous too—like when TPCI was overestimating some of those global challenges in SM online, lol. Might not even see these shiny dogs released.
Also, as much as I have Instinct pride, all three teams need to step up to their plate, and that might prove slightly difficult.

At least there's Shiny, so it's not completely useless. The rewards themselves are simply better.

I also like that the world will know which team didn't complete the tasks, as we won't get that specific bonus! *It’s time to set team allegiances aside* lol, rather *Let the blame game begin!*

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I think if they give new attacks, like they did with research Snorlax with Body Slam, or Raid Gengar, there could be potential. They are only released for 1 day...

For example, if Sacred Fire is released, I could see Entei (and possibly Ho-oh), getting that as a signature move. Entei could then compete with Moltres or BB Blaziken again.

Raikou and Suicine cannot be salvaged.

It says in the post that Entei will be available in raids on Sunday, July 14 (time TBA), and Suicune will be available in raids on Saturday, August 17 (time TBA). Only Raikou doesn't have a date yet. It sounds like they're just going to make it like the raid days we've had. 3 hours in the afternoon when only Entei/Suicune/Raikou are available.

Going back a little bit when sleeping Snorlax was available, we know they can make it so that the 3rd attempt is a guaranteed capture. Why can't they do that with research breakthrough awards? I know I've complained about it before, but it gets frustrating just throwing Poke Balls at whatever Pokemon comes up since you know it won't flee.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I just read through the Gamepress updated list of Attackers and saw that Salamence is ranked higher than Garchomp, which surprised me due to Garchomp’s higher Stamina, even with a lower Atk and Def. Now it’s on par with Dragonite, and Palkia, and beneath Mamoswine and Moltres.

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/attackers-tier-list

Chanderule see Kanburi’s post above for further elaboration.

Also, Blitzamirin I am not quite sure what was sad about my last post? If anything I have high hopes for Entei. The other 2 will simply be as they already are, no worse.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Sad that you can’t salvage those 2. They’re great designs! And yea Dragonite lost its crown to the rest.

Anyways the real reason for this post: Charm and Doom Desire’s stats have been updated in the GAME MASTER for Go Fest. They are:

PvE Doom Desire (charged move)

- Power changed to 70, down from 80

- Energy delta changed to -33, up from -50 (changed from a 2 bar charge move to a 3 bar charge move).

PvE Charm (fast move):

- Type: Fairy (yay)

- Power: 20

- Duration: 1500 ms (1.5s)

- Energy: 11

PvP Doom Desire (charged move)

- Power changed to 75, down from 80

- Energy delta changed to -40, down from -35

PvP Charm (fast move):

- Power: 16

- Turns: 2

- Energy: 6

What this means is that Charm is our first non-damaging move that does damage! Assuming the leaks are correct, Garde should get it. For raids, it puts Garde as the best counter to Darks/Fightings in Cloudy weather. Dragons are better vs other Dragons but it’s pretty high. It is meta relevant.

For PvP I have 0 idea. For Great League, I assume Garde’s stats are mediocre due to its high CP, but if Charm lowers Atk too, it might be incredible. For Ultra / Master Leagues it looks far more impressive but gl finding tournaments that run those.

Doom Desire is an amazing move in PvE for Jirachi, but Metagross exists and it never had a chance. However, it is the best PvP move in the game and should make Jirachi incredible for all Leagues (less so in Master).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)