Pokémon GO

How come y'all don't join the Pokemon GO room on showdown? It's a good room to talk about this :]

The Halloween event has begun. October 23rd to November 1st.
  • Ghost and Dark pokemon spawn increases, including new 'mons Drifloon and Stunky
  • Double candy on every pokemon caught
  • New special research hinting at Spiritomb
  • New field research focused on Ghost and Dark pokemon
  • New raid boss Giratina until November 20th
  • New ghost-themed style items
Who was it who called Giratina as a raid boss?
The majority of the Pokemon GO room did, with 78% of us calling it.

Cyndaquil it is for November 10th. Double Stardust and double capture EXP.

This kind of messes up my Halloween research. Other commitments have me busy during the make up CD this weekend and I don't feel like using a ton of resources on Cyndaquil. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's outstanding in any way for battles and I've never been a fan of it in the first place.

I've also found that eggs are hardly dropping again. I'm trying to get 9 eggs before opening presents because I don't have a need for 7km eggs, but I've only gotten one egg in the past 4 days.

They mentioned 30 minutes of spawning I believe.
Yeah 30 minutes but if they pop up as frequently as Pokemon do when you use Incense it's pretty horrendous.

Last edited:
Egg drop rate are now nerfed for unknown reason. At least with me constantly staying at max box capacity, I don't need to worry about accidentally getting 7km eggs, but.....

Also, 2 bonuses this time? Hmm, I'm not sure if I want to spend too much time in next community day as while this one's cool, it barely has anything over 'Zard. Yes, sadly, with exactly same stat, it won't do much with 'Zard being part Flying to hold Grass more. And Heatran imminent time anyway.

Unless they give him Eruption with even more insane stat than Blast Burn.

It's annoying because double Stardust is super clutch, but it's Cyndaquil... I guess I can wait until December CD to complete my Halloween quest.

A Murkrow just single-handedly added 11 Berries to my total. Can't believe it didn't run away and eventually caught it lol.

Last edited:
It's annoying because double Stardust is super clutch, but it's Cyndaquil... I guess I can wait until December CD to complete my Halloween quest.

A Murkrow just single-handedly added 11 Berries to my total. Can't believe it didn't run away and eventually caught it lol.
I dont think you can wait, you have to finish it before the event ends dont you?

First Giratina raid and I got CP 1918 one, presumably 14/14/15.

I suppose I shouldn't be too serious in this anyway. I just wish I had that much luck with M2, but.....

I dont think you can wait, you have to finish it before the event ends dont you?
Says on Serebii we only have to start it before Halloween but we can finish it at any time, so I'm not sure.

This event was time limited. You needed to begin it in the time of the event, but it could be finished at any time.
In any case, I'm done with the 108 Berries anyway. Shoutout to the 11 Berry Murkrow and the 6 Berry Volbeat. Should be able to do 108 Pokemon over the weekend, and I guess I can do the 8 new Poke Stops by venturing out into a part of the city I've never been to. It's just a bit of a pain.

IMG_2864.PNG

Oh, any and all gifts you guys can spare will be much appreciated. As you can imagine, my stash took quite the hit.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
No, it's Psychic. Pretty useless unless they buff Psychic itself or they give it surprise Shadow Claw (or Lick) too.

Then there's Adventure Sync which will save you battery as it hatches eggs and walks your buddy in the background, with some goals and a record of your goals per week.

Psychic is pretty useless, I wouldn't want to give up Hex + Shadow Ball. It's not terrible with Gengar's Fighting resistance but why would we use it when Mewtwo, Zam, etc exist? Makes no sense to me why they'd give it Psychic.

Err, what? Unless they change it back to being two bars or in anyway buff them, I don't see any reason in getting this (nah, not so interested in shiny). And why would I want to waste time with this thing anyway when M2 exists? Heck, basic Zam and Espeon has better use than this kind of Gengar.

I'm wondering if they're just making a test to see if shiny + limited (trash) moveset could boost their sales.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What was Niantic thinking when giving Psychic to Gengar? Besides a chance of a shiny gengar, I would not seriously use it on a moveset. They should've brought back Shadow Claw as a quick move then I'd be more hyped about it. Even Mewtwo prefers Shadow Ball over Psychic as a desired moveset.

I guess I can do the 8 new Poke Stops by venturing out into a part of the city I've never been to. It's just a bit of a pain.
I have to say this is definitely one of the most obnoxious missions they could come up with.

I live in Milan so I suppose I'll just need a detour from my usual pathings as there's millions of Pokestops here, but I dread for anyone not living in a main city :|

81 more Pokemon to go to reach 108. My Poke Ball stash is going to take a massive hit, but luckily I don't really care about Cyndaquil Day and I won't be doing much for the compensation Beldum Day. I still have no idea where I'm going for 8 new Poke Stops and it looks like it'll rain so that's going to suck. Honestly hope this is the last time they do "Visit new Poke Stops" tasks.

I mean it's nothing you need to go out of your way for, it's just for some extra spiritomb candy. The ghostie's the reward for catching the 108 mons

Why couldn't they have given gengsr lick? Even better than shadow claw

I mean it's nothing you need to go out of your way for, it's just for some extra spiritomb candy. The ghostie's the reward for catching the 108 mons

Why couldn't they have given gengsr lick? Even better than shadow claw
Isn't there supposed to be a reward that makes sense after that set of missions?

Isn't there supposed to be a reward that makes sense after that set of missions?
Completing that specific task gets you 1,080 EXP and 1,080 Stardust, then it's 3 extra rewards totalling 18 Spiritomb Candy, 1,080 Stardust, and 3,240 EXP. So while it's not necessary to get Spiritomb, you still gotta complete it at some point in order to progress onto any future special research tasks (maybe one involving Meltan).

Also, it looks like I have to wait even longer for my Kyogre, because the research task rewards for November is Shedinja.
Get ready, Trainers. Field Research tasks focusing on Bug-type Pokémon are coming this November! Collect enough stamps during November to earn a Research Breakthrough and get an opportunity to catch Shedinja!

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Spiritomb quest all done, found a nearby college campus with 8+ pokestops that I hadn't been to yet. Hopefully won't have to do this again anytime soon.

So Shedinja will be the research task for November, interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)