Pokémon GO

If anyone still needs new friends for the jirachi task, my code is 5019 9123 9746.

I'm admittedly not great at sending gifts every day (terribly casual instinct player here) but I try to send two per week.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
My first experience with Shadow Gardevoir with charm made me realize the sheer awesomeness of Charm. 6 hits kills Ttar. 10 kills Metagross. Seriously OP.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
With a new job and less time to play, looks like I'll be stuck on Jirachi step 2 for quite some time. I managed to find 2 whismurs in separate grocery store parking lots and still have a ways to go before I can evolve my feebas. I see the next step will require earning 3 candies so I'll have a purified 100% gyarados ready for that hopefully during the water event still going on so those candies come much faster.

Done with 50 Psychic/Steel types. Anyone down to be a battle buddy?

Oh, the VS Seeker will hopefully help with that task when it comes out.

Last edited:
Still looking for Whismurs...
I'm still at 3/10.
:fukyu:
I went out exploring the other day and found two at a sketchy part of town lmao.

EDIT: As it turns out, losing 7 trainer battles also counts for 5/7.

EDIT 2: Done with 3 curved excellents! Ponyta, Rattata, and Slowpoke were the chosen ones. Didn’t even have to pop my research breakthrough.

Last edited:
Flower-crowned Eevee is back!

Flower-crowned Eevee are coming to Research Breakthroughs!

Trainers,
We’re excited to share a few changes to Research Breakthrough rewards in the coming weeks!
Research Breakthrough Updates
  • From September 1, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to November 1, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), Eevee wearing flower crowns will be available as Research Breakthrough encounters.
  • If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Eevee with a flower crown!
Eevee wearing flower crowns will be the exclusive Pokémon appearing in Research Breakthroughs during this time. Don’t miss your chance to evolve them into all the available Eevee Evolutions in Pokémon GO!
Let’s GO!
—The Pokémon GO team

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Lol even Shedinja was better than this garbage. How unfortunate - at least the Ultra Bonuses will hold us over for some time.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Lol even Shedinja was better than this garbage. How unfortunate - at least the Ultra Bonuses will hold us over for some time.
I will say that the Sylveon Eeveelution can be helpful.

Further, I believe this whole Eevee Research Reward is a hint to a new Eeveelution for Gen 8, or even a Galar Form Eevee; which if it’s anything like the Alolan forms, can arrive before their respective generation (I suspect they did this with the Alolans to hold us over between Gen 3 & 4, and they will do the same between Gens 5 & 6), as I can just anticipate the Galar Forms including Gen 5 Pokémon.

When they release the Eeveelution news, which I suspect will be a Dragon Form (celebrating Knights vs Dragons for British mythology), they will provide a huge big incentive to evolve our Eevee.

Anyways, this is mostly speculation, but I am happy for the flower crown Eevee, as I do expect Female Flower Crown Shiny Eevee to be a perfect Sylveon in both look, and flavor because Sylveon is a feminine Eeveelution, similar to Espeon, and Glaceon, while Umbreon, Leafeon, and Jolteon seem more masculine. Vaporeon, and Flareon could go either way. Shiny Sylveon may be blue, but it’s still feminine, and has pink strands.

This is just before the games release, ending on the same month, further, they may have another Eevee Community Day for Gens 4, as Last Resort happened before Leafeon and Glaceon.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Anyways, this is mostly speculation, but I am happy for the flower crown Eevee, as I do expect Female Flower Crown Shiny Eevee to be a perfect Sylveon in both look, and flavor because Sylveon is a feminine Eeveelution, similar to Espeon, and Glaceon, while Umbreon, Leafeon, and Jolteon seem more masculine. Vaporeon, and Flareon could go either way. Shiny Sylveon may be blue, but it’s still feminine, and has pink strands.
:blobglare:
Every time I hear stuff like this I'm reminded of how much I appreciate the site-wide policy change to use exclusively "it" pronouns in analyses and articles. I'll have you know that my male Primarina in Ultra Sun is my best boy, and my eventual Go incarnation will be respected similarly.

Disagree, actually, I prefer this over that thing that is literally useless in everything. At least the Vees can be usable to a degree.
:psygrump: But this for 2 months is really insulting. Even worse, this comes without any Pokemon Day for the vees. Eevee Day is on Nov 21, well outside the window.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Every time I hear stuff like this I'm reminded of how much I appreciate the site-wide policy change to use exclusively "it" pronouns in analyses and articles. I'll have you know that my male Primarina in Ultra Sun is my best boy, and my eventual Go incarnation will be respected similarly.
It’s about public perception. Similar to people preferring a Leafeon with the flower crown, because it’s a grass type, or a female shiny Vaporeon bc it’s magenta, and preferring male blue regular Vaporeons.

As an individual, don’t even forget that some are Ditto-esque genderlees, less we forget the awkward Female “Mr. Mime”s of this Pokémon Go world context.

At the end, all genders are L’Oréal, and always worth it!

I seem to always even forget my Primarina Aquarius in Moon is male (then again, USun's Symphonia is female).
or a female shiny Vaporeon bc it’s magenta, and preferring male blue regular Vaporeons.
:psygrump:Ahem, sorry? My 3DS Vappy and a best one in GO is always female and the shiny one isn't very pretty to begin with to warrant gender stereotype. Blue isn't just a male colour.

Anyway, now that we're nearing the rotation of EX Raid, any news with Deoxys? I'm expecting Psycho Boost to be made legacy like M2 SBall, and buffed properly.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Disagree, actually, I prefer this over that thing that is literally useless in everything. At least the Vees can be usable to a degree.
:psygrump: But this for 2 months is really insulting. Even worse, this comes without any Pokemon Day for the vees. Eevee Day is on Nov 21, well outside the window.
Do you prefer it now that it's confirmed that there are no wild Eevee in the game except those from the breakthrough reward?

Enjoy your lack of Eevee for 2 months bc you get <10 catches for them. Depriving new players of these budget options because of a stupid costume variant that has 0 reason to even be a 7 day reward. It's just flat-out insulting tbh.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Anyway, now that we're nearing the rotation of EX Raid, any news with Deoxys? I'm expecting Psycho Boost to be made legacy like M2 SBall, and buffed properly.
Nothing at the moment. I’ll update if theres any news.
And I can’t wait for Psycho Boost to be boosted (get the pun there?), unfortunately Niantic has never boosted/buffed moves before (I think?) so I doubt they will do it now.

Do you prefer it now that it's confirmed that there are no wild Eevee in the game except those from the breakthrough reward?

Enjoy your lack of Eevee for 2 months bc you get <10 catches for them. Depriving new players of these budget options because of a stupid costume variant that has 0 reason to even be a 7 day reward. It's just flat-out insulting tbh.
That was the part I didn't know yesterday. This... is arguably worse now. While Shedinja basically amounts to useless, at least it does not alter the spawns, not like this. This isn't even a fair equivalent exchange.
:psycry: I'm guessing now too, Eevee quests (Evolve a mon) is also removed (as if not bad enough after Himanuts/Poppo dilution)? If yes, then that's it, this is them shooting themselves in their foot.

On the good side, I got my last Latias by 7th stamp right on Saturday.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Nothing at the moment. I’ll update if theres any news.
And I can’t wait for Psycho Boost to be boosted (get the pun there?), unfortunately Niantic has never boosted/buffed moves before (I think?) so I doubt they will do it now.
Nah they have done random buffs, like Sky Attack going to 80 Power during a Lugia event or the moveset changes or Doom Desire -before- Jirachi’s release. I also recall a stray CD move or two (Blast Burn and Hydro Cannon). Blaze Kick also changed.

So while it is possible, 9 times out of 10, the buffs are done pre-move release or for PvP though.

Regardless, does a buffed Psycho Boost matter? The only Deoxys that would realistically matter for PvE would be Attack and that’s incredibly glassy. Defense and Speed are worthless while Normal might have a niche if the move is somehow made faster.

For PvP, Psycho Boost is fine and the dominating Deoxys form in Deo-D can already use it to great effect.

Last edited:
Is this for sure? I have heard that shortly after they realise Eevee also lives in evolve quest since forever, they removed it too.

In any case, not even 5 new shinies justify removing the whole species from worldwide availability (and decent one for newcomers, also with a lot of options at that). This is plain idiotic. I'll stop complaining once they say you get Last Resort on that (and even then there'll be more problems from others disagreeing it).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)