Pokémon GO

So I downloaded the apk file from apkpure and it downloaded fine but when I tried to install it I kept getting
"There was an error parsing the package" messages. I've looked at various youtube videos to fix this even tried redownloading the apk from apkmirror but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else gotten this problem? And can someone suggest how to fix this problem?

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I downloaded the apk file from apkpure and it downloaded fine but when I tried to install it I kept getting
"There was an error parsing the package" messages. I've looked at various youtube videos to fix this even tried redownloading the apk from apkmirror but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else gotten this problem? And can someone suggest how to fix this problem?
Can't help (sorry for the false hope by quoting you) but if anyone find anything, please tag me along, I have the same problem

Can't help (sorry for the false hope by quoting you) but if anyone find anything, please tag me along, I have the same problem
I tried installing it on my other android phone and it was installed without any problems. Maybe it's because of the android version the device where I get parsing errors is 4.2.2 while the one where it was installed is 4.4.2.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I tried installing it on my other android phone and it was installed without any problems. Maybe it's because of the android version the device where I get parsing errors is 4.2.2 while the one where it was installed is 4.4.2.
It does say on the store page you need Android 4.4 to even run the game... So that's on you. Being in Europe I still can't install it (I'm not even sure if it'll run on my phone). My friend had gotten the APK file and was "playing" it yesterday and he'd caught a bunch of things so far, nothing overly amazing though just lots of Zubats/Pidgeys etc...

I just started playing pokemon go and I've already caught a magikarp, horsea, doduo and belsprout. But I seem to have a problem with the ar. Every time I try to battle a pokemon with ar on I get a message saying "we're not detecting your phone's orientation would you like to turn off at?" How do fix this? I tried googling and looking on YouTube but couldn't find anything.

Yeah, is it just me, or is this game... incredibly boring? It seems like just repeatedly catching Pokémon in the same way until you are level 5, and then catching more Pokémon and feeding candies until you can challenge a gym.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I was out doing my daily run and saw two twenty-somethings walking weirdly around the apartment complex with their phones out. Shortly after, they started walking toward the nearest Poké Spot. I ran up to them later and asked if they were playing Go and introduced myself. They were. :toast:

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
As I said earlier, barely anyone I know irl gives two shits about Pokemon in the slightest, and i've yet to see anyone playing Go

So imagine my surprise when sometime overnight, someone snagged the gym near my house before I could. Yellow Team Scum...

Well, I have work later. I guess this gives me an opportunity to find more mons, especially since there's actually wi-fi there

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
As I said earlier, barely anyone I know irl gives two shits about Pokemon in the slightest, and i've yet to see anyone playing Go

So imagine my surprise when sometime overnight, someone snagged the gym near my house before I could. Yellow Team Scum...
I just witnessed the gym being taken over by someone else the moment I posted. And they're Blue, the team i'm planning to join. I suppose there's more Go players around than I thought

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Does it take anyone else like a million tries to sign in? For the first 10 sign-in attempts or so, it says nothing and just takes me back to the screen to choose between signing in on Google or my Trainer account. And then for the next three it says "unable to authenticate" until I finally get in. Literally just doing the same exact thing each time until it works.

Also, anyone have a rough estimation of how much data this game uses to play regularly just yet? I'm on like 2 GB a month for my whole family (of which 3 have smartphones, so that's about 1 GB for me) and I'm thinking that's probably not enough.

Also, anyone have a rough estimation of how much data this game uses to play regularly just yet? I'm on like 2 GB a month for my whole family (of which 3 have smartphones, so that's about 1 GB for me) and I'm thinking that's probably not enough.
2 days of moderate use have used 28 MB, I estimate I've played for 4 hours maybe (2 hours of very heavy use during my lunch break, other than that sporadic use during the day)

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I almost want to give up using the Pokemon ID or whatever it is for sign in. I think that's where some of my issues lie in too.

trying to get the thing to work meself but it keeps crashing. from what I've seen it kinda reminds me of the Dream Radar, is that a similar playstyle with it?

i just noticed pokemon vary in size in species, and pokemon that are significantly heavier/taller or lighter/shorter get a neat little xl/xs symbol which is really neat!

I'm not sure if I like this system but so far it has me pretty excited (which can be an issue on work hours), I tried Ingress but never liked it, but I just went out and capture a few gyms for team Mystic and it's been fun to see them go down and up again as someone from team mystic recaptured them, I guess there's more pokemon players around me than I thought :)

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
I'm not sure if I like this system but so far it has me pretty excited (which can be an issue on work hours), I tried Ingress but never liked it, but I just went out and capture a few gyms for team Mystic and it's been fun to see them go down and up again as someone from team mystic recaptured them, I guess there's more pokemon players around me than I thought :)
Same thing on my end, except I AM Team Mystic and Team Instinct keeps taking all the gyms around here from us

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I got a gastly on the shitter at work, I can die happy knowing I pooped out a pokemon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)