Pokémon GO

I wouldn't put it past Niantic to give such a popular mon the 400, friendship baby or not. Though the cross-gen evos (Lickilicky, Ambipom, Mismagius, etc.) seem like a better possibility. Despite my inner Donnie Downer saying Niantic could totally tick off the fanbase by making Munchlax->Snorlax the 400, I'm gonna say it'll be Probopass or Magneton because of their special evolution requirements in the cartridges.

Also, calling Volcarona as the gen 5 400.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
For the record, I predict Munchlax to be the upcoming 400 candy evo, what with Snorlax's size and munch's naturally gluttinous nature

I'm actually thinking again, HP seems to be mostly nerfed for major defenders, while with Def adjustment, they admitted most will have it nerfed too. I'm thinking the net result is Atk to be even more important. I actually have mixed feeling over how they put importance in Atk in CP.

I just hope this is indeed good news with ability to finally break Blissey and anything after 10 GRB before their GRB cooldown finishes, making it possible to break any gym with enough willpower.

We’re excited to hear reports of a Water-type Pokémon originally discovered in the Sinnoh region that can dive for over 10 minutes to hunt.
Its speed and quick movement definitely lead us to believe that it's a skilled swimmer. Which Pokémon could this be?
Could it be right after the psychic event ends? Source

Could it be right after the psychic event ends? Source
Well, since we're not the average 20 year old PoGo player who stopped playing after Gen 1, we all know what Pokemon that is! Piplup is my least favorite of the bunch, though. Turtwig was my first Pokemon ever <3

Well fellow Midwesterners, after this hurricane from down south, it appears temperatures are starting to drop. Players who can't drive such as myself have to go about things the old fashioned way. On a bike, with two layers of pants, two sweatshirts, a fleece, and a jacket. Unlike driving, this playstyle is seemingly promoted by the game, as you're allowed to spin Pokestops while on a bike at average speed.

I really wanna squeeze one more shiny Drowzee in, but I don't think I'll get it.

Also, WHO was pissed about that last minute event that came with no announcement? What a pain...

Also, regarding Lucario- its projected stats look quite similar to Breloom. Breloom has Dynamic Punch, however, while Lucario does not. Lucario has Close Combat and Focus Blast, both of which are obviously slower. Breloom's Attack is also higher. Still, Lucario might not be as useful as Machamp, and I'm willing to argue it won't be as useful as Breloom, but it will obviously be usable enough for the fans of it.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Bad unless it gets Meteor Mash and even then its offenses are lacking in comparison to Metagross / Dialga (should be behind them iirc). It's a setup sweeper in the main games + the balanced stats don't transition well into Go, unfortunately. However, if it gets Drain Punch or Superpower (new moves that are to be added in Gen 4, according to the datamines), it could potentially be a useful Fighting-type.

Fighting type with resistance to normal and neutrality to fairy and psychic (most normal type coverage moves) is pretty nice. We also have no idea whether superpower/drain punch will surpass the current fighting moves.

It could get meteor mash, and I think it also learns metal claw (best steel fast move iirc)

Did 4 raids today: Mewtwo, Kirlia, Mawile, Alolan Raichu. None of them viable, but what the heck. Might attempt to head out to the city both days next weekend as a last-ditch effort to find a better Mewtwo than my 12/15/15 one right now before it disappears. Is Alolan Marowak still around? I've ever only saw it like once a few weeks ago but it was too far for me to grab.

That reminds me I don't even have M2 over 2259. Rotten luck, my best is 15/15/10 one, which I consider the best just because of perfect HP and Atk. All despite M2 counting even more than Vaporeons in my box, I imagine playing LGVee's GO Park mini game with M2 of all things....

Oh well... I want to spend my time freely. Soloing without needing to hope right people with brains in countering raid bosses come up. But they'll never give us break and soon be another legendary raid no?

Any chance of them releasing gen 4 legendaries around the same time as the launch of gen 4? I know the birds and beasts were released months after the initial launch of their respective generations, but I think Kyogre and Groudon became raid bosses around the same time as gen 3 Pokemon started to appear. Or maybe we just get shiny variants of the beasts for a while. That, or with Kyogre/Groudon hopefully becoming the weekly research rewards in November and December, Rayquaza/Latis/Regis come back too.

That reminds me, Hokkaido never got a make up Moltres Day after the earthquake early September.

Chanderule Giratina, right away? I hope not. What'd be cool is like... Spiritomb released as a premature Ghost type.
The first Gen 3 tier 5 Raid boss, Groudon, was released a whole month after the Halloween event that introduced its generation.

They could bring Gen 4 now, and not introduce a Tier 5 until a bit later.

Groudon and Rayquaza still haven't had a shiny like Kyogre, so they might bring them back for a bit after Mewtwo, to prepare us for Dialga/Palkia.

Dargad Okay but Groudon isn't the trio master. I'd imagine Palkia or Dialga would be first. I know people are gonna get offended at the idea of me thinking this, but I think a month without tier 5s would be pretty neat. Cry to me about it how they'd never do that or whatever, it's just what I would like is all.

My guess is Palkia next, if only cause the Pokemon in the middle of the trio in Pokedex order came out first last time. I'd love for Palkia to be next, but it's hard to tell.

Dargad Okay but Groudon isn't the trio master. I'd imagine Palkia or Dialga would be first. I know people are gonna get offended at the idea of me thinking this, but I think a month without tier 5s would be pretty neat. Cry to me about it how they'd never do that or whatever, it's just what I would like is all.

My guess is Palkia next, if only cause the Pokemon in the middle of the trio in Pokedex order came out first last time. I'd love for Palkia to be next, but it's hard to tell.
I'm not against not having a tier 5 boss, as I don't raid all that much myself, but they'll never do that: They make money off of Raid Passes.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if they released Giratina right away, to tie in with a Halloween/Ghost event. Also, Giratina isn't the trio master though. Arceus is.

I'm not against not having a tier 5 boss, as I don't raid all that much myself, but they'll never do that: They make money off of Raid Passes.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if they released Giratina right away, to tie in with a Halloween/Ghost event. Also, Giratina isn't the trio master though. Arceus is.
Yeah but Giratina is in the same place as Rayquaza is in the trio.

Giratina and Rayquaza's position is semantics. Arceus is the "master", but it's mythical (thus EX Raid material similar to Deoxys now?)
The two's position is not exactly the same, but similar enough to warrant the same placement in GO, I suppose. Although, we still need to see how they'll do the form differences. I just hope they're not going to make one form and another time-exclusive in separate times without any way to change form as it should be able to in main games, that's very tiring when we have a lot of Legendaries in Gen4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)