Pokémon GO

With 4,736,404 XP to go before level 40, I'm not really sure that it's within reach for me before the end of the year.

Starting on November 30, 2020, you’ll earn more XP from catching Pokémon, evolving Pokémon, hatching Eggs, registering new Pokédex entries, and more. In some cases, the XP earned will be as much as double what it was before, so it’ll be easier than ever for Trainers to catch up to their higher-level friends!
In other words, most of them will be less than double what they are now.

Catching Pokémon: okay, even with double XP, it's a pretty small boost (200 XP, 400 XP with Lucky Egg) when I need 4,736,404 XP. If I only catch Pokémon, I'll need to catch 11,842 Pokémon. For reference, I've caught 16,406 Pokémon total since I started playing.
Evolving Pokémon: is this still a good way of gaining XP? I haven't been collecting Pokémon to do an evolution session in quite a long time because, well, I need the box space.
Hatching eggs: yeah, I'm not really able to go anywhere, and with hatch distance bonus gone...
New Pokédex entries: I've caught more or less every Pokémon I can get my hands on. Even with the new Kalos Pokémon coming, and assuming this is one of the ones that get doubled to 1,000 XP per new entry, that's still only 16,000 XP because I don't live in France.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
Was expecting a regional for France since they made Bouffalant NY-exclusive, but I wasn't expecting it to be Klefki (my guess would have been Spritzee). I predict they'll make a Pokemon exclusive to Hawaii (hmm, Drampa? Comfey?) and the UK (Polteageist? Stonjourner?) in subsequent gens. Could see them making the four Oricorio forms exclusives too.

Evolving Pokémon: is this still a good way of gaining XP? I haven't been collecting Pokémon to do an evolution session in quite a long time because, well, I need the box space.
I try to follow the rule of EBT: Evolve Before Transfer. If you have enough candy to evolve something and it's something don't have any reason to save candy for, evolve it before you transfer it. That way you can have your cake and eat it, too.

Also this is very late but MAN am I glad that Bouffalant's range just barely extends to my area (I'm in the DC suburbs). The thing though is that I think they're probably a little iffy on making entire evolution lines exclusive, just single-evo Pokemon and monke from what I know.

• Level 50: This is it! The home stretch! To reach the highest available level in Pokémon GO, you must master all aspects of the game. Some examples include making Excellent Throws, catching Legendary Pokémon, and defeating Team GO Rocket Leaders with Pokémon under 1,500 CP, so you can tell this will be the ultimate test of whether you’re ready to stand among the most accomplished Trainers in Pokémon GO. And, of course, you might also find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end!
Well, this is certainly... interesting...

• Level 50: This is it! The home stretch! To reach the highest available level in Pokémon GO, you must master all aspects of the game. Some examples include making Excellent Throws, catching Legendary Pokémon, and defeating Team GO Rocket Leaders with Pokémon under 1,500 CP, so you can tell this will be the ultimate test of whether you’re ready to stand among the most accomplished Trainers in Pokémon GO. And, of course, you might also find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end!
Well, this is certainly... interesting...
It will probably be easier than it sounds. Rocket leaders pause in their attacks after you use a charge move and switch, so with some careful planning and something that charges uhh charge moves quickly it should be possible to chain those pauses.

Giovanni was destroyed by a 1500 Shiftry and two 10 cp Magikarp.

Some bonuses will be in effect through June 2021 at the minimum:
  • Increased incense effectiveness
  • Buddy Pokémon to bring up to five gifts at once and up to three times per day

Some bonuses will be in effect during select events:
  • Reduced Egg hatch distance
  • Increased trade distance
  • 1 PokéCoin bundles

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Some of the tasks for leveling up past 40 look tedious especially for those that live in zones with lack of pokestops and pokemon unless you invest in lures and constantly have them going until you reach I believe 200 pokemon in one day. Evolving all types of eevee has that random factor and performing in many many raids depends on your location as well so purchasing remote raids may be the way to go for those and depend on communication with friends. For the upcoming lake trio raids, I'll try to invite those in different regions and expect the same in return so long as the raid can successfully be adequate to win and of course to capture as well. I've been lucky enough to raid azelf in the fog and duo it though it's always safe to have 3. I believe Uxie in the Asian region is the hardest and would prefer a minimum of 4-5 when doing those raids and of course raiding with a best friend as well.

Speaking of which I've accomplished some excellent lucky trades with the recent remote ones so I'm hopeful this becomes global. While it sucks that special trades can only be done once a day, there's lots of non-specials I'm actually more interested but as special trades for regionals I don't yet have those don't necessarily have to be lucky trades especially certain ones that depend on non-lucky IV requirements in the great/ultra league.

Is there anyone here who lives in the Asia/Pacific region and is friends with me and/or Mayke0110 and is willing to invite us to Uxie raids? We can invite you for Mesprit raids if you like.

December events have been announced.

Rundown:
  • Research Breakthrough rewards either Lapras or Unovan Darumaka, bonus XP for catching.
  • Kyurem returns to radis from December 1st, 1pm PST to January 1st, 1pm PST.
  • Mega Abomasnow will replace Mega Blastoise in Mega Raids starting December 1st, 1pm PST.
  • Weekly Tuesday Spotlight Hour and bonus from 6pm to 7pm local time:
    • December 1st: Seel; double evolution XP
    • December 8th: Swinub; double catch Stardust
    • December 15th: Surprise Pokémon; double catch Candy
    • December 22nd: Snorunt; double transfer Candy
    • December 29th: Snover; double evolution XP
  • Double Catch XP bonus will end on December 31st at 11:59pm local time.
  • Introduction of Pokémon tagging to filter Pokémon in your box

Celebrate the end of 2020 with December events!

Trainers,

The year may be coming to a close, but it’s not over yet! We’ve got lots of fun in store to wrap up 2020 as we head into the holiday season. Let’s GO!

December Research Breakthrough encounter

From Tuesday, December 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, January 1, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), Trainers will have a chance of encountering either Lapras or Unovan Darumaka in Research Breakthrough encounters, and catching either will reward bonus XP.

The Legendary Pokémon Kyurem returns to raids, and Mega Abomasnow arrives in Pokémon GO

The Legendary Pokémon Kyurem will be appearing in five-star raids from Tuesday, December 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, January 1, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8). Don’t miss your chance to encounter the Boundary Pokémon!

In addition, Mega Abomasnow will be appearing in Mega Raids beginning Tuesday, December 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m PST (GMT −8), replacing Mega Blastoise. Until then, Mega Blastoise will be appearing more frequently in Mega Raids, so be sure to challenge it while you can!

Pokémon Spotlight Hours

In the month of December, Pokémon Spotlight Hour will take place every Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. local time, and each hour will spotlight a different Pokémon and special bonus!
  • Tuesday, December 1, 2020: Seel will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon.
  • Tuesday, December 8, 2020: Swinub will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Stardust for catching Pokémon.
  • Tuesday, December 15, 2020: A surprise Pokémon will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for catching Pokémon.
  • Tuesday, December 22, 2020: Snorunt will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokémon.
  • Tuesday, December 29, 2020: Snover will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon.
Double Catch XP bonus ends Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time

As part of our huge GO Beyond update in December, we’ll be increasing the level cap to 50! To help Trainers level up during this time, a double Catch XP bonus has been live since Wednesday, November 18, 2020, at 1:00 p.m., and it’ll stay in effect until Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time.

More exciting feature updates

Managing your Pokémon is about to become much easier with the introduction of Pokémon tagging and other general search updates. Pokémon tagging will allow you to create different colored tags, apply them to Pokémon, and use them to filter Pokémon in your collection. The Pokémon search function will also be updated to allow for enhanced usability. When you tap into the search bar, a new screen will appear with recommended search terms, such as Pokémon Type, Region, Buddy Level, Shiny, and more.

Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.

—The Pokémon GO team

Well, time to unfollow this thread unfortunately. The latest update removed my ability to even play the game due to having an old phone so it looks like that's it until i get a new one (which I can't justify as this one works).

Still really annoyed that I never got to open my last Meltan box and find out if I could catch my first shiny of it :(

Well, time to unfollow this thread unfortunately. The latest update removed my ability to even play the game due to having an old phone so it looks like that's it until i get a new one (which I can't justify as this one works).

Still really annoyed that I never got to open my last Meltan box and find out if I could catch my first shiny of it :(
Unfortunately, my old tablet suffered the same thing. I suppose it is time to rely only on my newer phone, and it's already pain.

Here is what I found by quick Google search: https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/p...ove-support-for-some-android-apple-devices/#4

RIP my tablet and my iPhone 5s whose name I used as trainer name. It's legacy name now.

Expert Evan

i still haven't successfully been invited to an Uxie nor Mesprit raid yet, and it seems the place where I'm staying has no active players though I'm right next to a gym so with 2 devices and 1 invite i can always invite a friend or 2 for an azelf raid here. I'm probably missing when others are available so probably best to Message me to try to coordinate. This can be frustrating as i don't want to resort to trading for something i don't have unless remote trading is the thing working going forward as i would love to complete most all my pending lucky trades possible.

yes it sucks i can no longer use my old android 5 as a secondary device anymore.

Expert Evan

Finding an Uxie raid invite seems tediously impossible. i still haven't been successful getting one, and the only time I was part of a winning raid the Uxie still ran on me after 15 tries. Yes I'm getting desperate. The discord channel I've been going to lately has the name called Worldwide Remote Raiding, and while I've used it to announce I'm hosting an azelf raid sometimes getting up to 20 requests, i can imagine those hosting Uxie are getting well over 100 friend requests even if they only want to do it for 5. i understand that Uxie is harder to take down but this is getting ridiculous.

I can use 2 devices with different accounts when necessary which should help with the best friend boost also.

Last edited:

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
This event has been fun for the chance to raid internationally but it's also brought home how miserable hosting raids can be. I've been using Twitter to find people hosting Azelf and Uxie raids, to pretty good success - I've caught several of both. Last night I had a Mesprit raid but only one person from my local group could do it so I figured I'd invite some Japanese players. No sooner had I responded to one person on Twitter who wanted an invite to a Mesprit raid with my details and the time of the raid then I was immediately bombarded with more than 20 friend requests. People were even DMing me with their codes without so much as supplying their username. I can't invite 20 people to a single raid. Huge respect to all the people regularly putting their details out there and hosting raids, I find it incredibly stressful.

This morning I put up a Lucky Egg and Incense for Nidoran Day just to see how much EXP I could rack up in an hour. Only managed around 100k, so my quest to level 40 with just over a month left is not looking good. Going to have to take advantage of spotlight hours, I suppose.

Expert Evan

Finally got Uxie from a best friend invite from Japan. I'm grateful for getting a favor in return even though it seems we have no other way to communicate.

The first Pokémon GO season is The Season of Celebration.

Rundown
  • Runs from December 1st, 8am to March 1st, 8am local time
  • In-game events to celebrate regions up to gen 6 (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos)
  • Different hatches from Eggs
    • 2km: Growlith and Wingull
    • 5km: Baltoy and Ducklett
    • 5km from Adventure Sync reward: Shinx
    • Seel, Aron, Elgyem will no longer hatch from Eggs
  • Pokémon more common in the northern hemisphere: Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Vulpix, Seel, Lapras, Teddiursa, Winter Form Deerling
  • Pokémon more common in the southern hemisphere: Growlithe, Shuckle, Electrike, Burmy, Darumaka, Summer Form Deerling
  • December Mega Raids: Mega Charizard X, Mega Gengar, Mega Abomasnow
  • Mega Charizard X will be more powerful during the first half of December
  • December Community Day: December 12th and 13th , featuring Pokémon from CDs in 2019 and 2020
  • GO Battle League Season 6
  • Kalos Celebration event featuring Kalos Pokémon debuts, Field and Timed Research from December 2nd, 10am to December 8th, 10pm local time

The Season of Celebration starts now!

Trainers,

As the world outside rotates through winter, spring, summer, and autumn, the world of Pokémon GO will change with the seasons! We’re excited to announce that the first Pokémon GO Season has begun—the Season of Celebration! You can learn more about Pokémon GO Seasons here.

Season of Celebration

The Season of Celebration will run from Tuesday, December 1, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, March 1, 2021, at 8:00 a.m. local time! Here’s a look at what you can look forward to.
  • During this Season, you can expect to participate in a series of in-game events celebrating different regions of the Pokémon world, including Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos!
  • During this Season, Trainers can expect to see different Pokémon in the wild more often! In addition, you can expect to see different Pokémon appearing in the wild depending on which hemisphere you’re in.
  • Different Pokémon will be hatching from Eggs! Growlithe and Wingull will be hatching from 2 km Eggs, and Baltoy and Ducklett will be hatching from 5 km Eggs. Shinx will be hatching from the 5 km Eggs you receive from Adventure Sync rewards instead of Ducklett. Seel, Aron, and Elgyem will no longer be hatching from Eggs.
    • Pokémon appearing more often in the northern hemisphere this Season include Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Vulpix, Seel, Lapras, Teddiursa, Winter Form Deerling, and more!
    • Pokémon appearing more often in the southern hemisphere this Season include Growlithe, Shuckle, Electrike, Burmy, Darumaka, Summer Form Deerling, and more!
  • Mega Charizard X, Mega Gengar, and Mega Abomasnow will be the only Pokémon appearing in Mega Raids throughout December! Different Mega-Evolved Pokémon will be appearing in Mega Raids in the new year, so keep a lookout!
  • Mega Charizard X will be more powerful during the first half of December! Other Mega-Evolved Pokémon may become more powerful at different times throughout the Season of Celebration, so stay tuned for updates.

And that’s not all! Here are some other events you can expect to happen during this Season.
  • December Community Day: As we say goodbye to 2020, let’s take a look back on the Community Days we shared together. This year, our final Community Day event will be held on Saturday, December 12, and Sunday, December 13, 2020. Throughout the event, Pokémon featured in Community Day events throughout 2019 and 2020 will be appearing more frequently in the wild and in raids, so this event will be a great time for you to catch Pokémon featured in any Community Day events you may have missed! Stay tuned for more details soon!
  • GO Battle League Season 6: Starting with Season 6, the GO Battle League will expand from 10 to 24 ranks, and the top four ranks will have all-new names and corresponding badges. The expanded ranks will be accompanied by a totally new reward structure, which gives you more opportunities to earn exclusive rewards through ranking up. You can expect the GO Battle League rewards to be tied to the theme of the current Season, too! Season 6 begins Monday, November 30, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8). Learn more here.
  • Kalos Celebration event: From Wednesday, December 2, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, December 8, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time, Pokémon originally discovered in the Kalos region will be appearing in the wild, hatching from Eggs, and appearing in raids for the first time! You can also look forward to exclusive Field Research and Timed Research during this event. Stay tuned for more details soon!
  • More coming soon! Even more fun winter- and holiday-themed events will be tap-tap-tapping their way toward you soon! Stay tuned for details.

Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.

—The Pokémon GO team

Some details about the Kalos event.

Rundown
  • Runs from December 2nd, 10am to December 8th, 10pm local time
  • Wild Pokémon (to disappear after event ends): Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Bunnelby, Fletchling, Litleo, and Noibat; Klefki will be exclusive to France
  • Egg Pokémon (will continue to be available via Eggs after event ends):
    • 2km Eggs: Bunnelby, Fletchling, Litleo
    • 5km Eggs: Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie
    • 10km Eggs: Espurr, Noibat
  • One-star raids: Litleo, Espurr
  • Event-exclusive Field and Timed Research tasks that reward Bunnelby, Fletchling among others, as well as Kanto starters Mega Energy

Celebrate the arrival of Pokémon originally discovered in Kalos with a special event!

Trainers,

Pokémon originally discovered in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Alola, and Galar have appeared in Pokémon GO. And starting today, Pokémon originally discovered in Kalos—the region where Mega Evolution was first discovered—will also be appearing in the world of Pokémon GO! To celebrate their arrival, you’ll be able to take part in a special event.

Date + Time

Wednesday, December 2, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, December 8, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time

Features
  • Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Bunnelby, Fletchling, Litleo, and Noibat will be appearing more frequently in the wild! In addition, Klefki will be appearing in the wild only in France. These Pokémon will be appearing in the wild after the event ends.
  • The following Pokémon will be hatching from Eggs! They’ll continue to hatch from Eggs after the event concludes.
    • Bunnelby, Fletchling, and Litleo will be hatching from 2 km Eggs.
    • Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie will be hatching from 5 km Eggs.
    • Espurr and Noibat will be hatching from 10 km Eggs.
  • Litleo and Espurr will be appearing in one-star raids.
  • Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research and Timed Research tasks that lead to encounters with Pokémon such as Bunnelby and Fletchling as well as reward Venusaur Mega Energy, Charizard Mega Energy, and Blastoise Mega Energy.

—The Pokémon GO team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)