Project Pokémon Matchmaking - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone Martin has decided to step down in working on this project , making me pick up from where he left on with the project, and will like to thank Martin for everything he has done for this project and working along side in this project. From the last round everything will be archived and now that the meta has starting to become a lot more settle we can continue on with this project.

Round 13: Choice Band Pheromosa

:SS/Pheromosa:
Pheromosa @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Drill Run
- Triple Axel

Pheromosa may have lost the power of Z moves in this gen, but has still proven itself to be quite the threat with it's high speed stat making it hard to revenge kill and great attack coverage , and has variety offensive sets it is to no surprise the presence that Pheromosa brings in the tier right now , now then which are the best partners for this speed roach.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
:ss/slowbro:
Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Scald / Ice Beam
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Some of the strongest checks to Choice Band Pheromosa include Toxapex, Clefable, and Buzzwole, all of which take heavy damage from Future Sight. Slowbro can use Future Sight and then pivot out with Teleport to provide Pheromosa with a safe switch-in, after which Pheromosa can go to town thanks to Future Sight putting its checks into 2HKO range (or straight up KOing them). Even when disregarding Future Sight, Slowbro makes for a fitting partner, as Teleport allows it to soak up hits before pivoting out, covering for Pheromosa's paperthin defenses.

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
reserving tapu koko

:ss/tapu koko:
Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn

- Roost

:tapu koko: / :pheromosa:

tapu koko and pheromosa make up for great partners, as pheromosa struggles to deal with toxapex and tapu fini so tapu koko can pressure them with a strong stab thunderbolt, to add onto that tapu koko is able to pressure moltres with its electric-type stab attack as well. tapu koko and pheromosa can forme a nice offensive core with u-turning out on bad matchups to bring the partner in safely.
pheromosa is able to deal with ferrothorn and excadrill for tapu koko, furthermore tapu koko appreciates pheromosas ability to pressure a lot of pokemon in the tier with its fighting-type stab and its coverage in triple axel and drill run, pokemon such as nidoking are an example of what pheromosa can hit super effectively, and tapu koko appreciates that, as nidoking is an opposing pokemon which tapu koko does not want to deal with.

tapu kokos set contains heavy-duty boots to not take damage due to entry hazards and its dual-stab-options in thunderbolt and dazzling gleam. tapu koko runs u-turn over volt witch, as with the many ground-types in the tier, such as excadrill, landorus-therian, swampert, and occosionally hippowdon u-turn is the better option and doesnt drain momentum, which is important for this core.

Last edited:

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

Didn't do this yet so and I hope I'm not too late so here goes. Nidoking is an amazing partner to CB Pheromosa in my eyes largely because it more easily, and more consistently might add, breaks common balance cores, especially ClefPex which CB Pheromosa struggles with without support from something like FS, and Nidoking is able to be a very large threat to it. Not to mention its ability to also beat Pokemon like Tapu Fini, Moltres, and Zapdos most of the time in a 1v1 and can even be more of a nuisance due to its ability to force out Pokemon incredibly well, it can use Substitute to fire off its attacks easier. The goal of Nidoking is for Pheromosa to U-turn into it, into something like Clefable, Toxapex, Zapdos, Moltres etc, and weaken them a ton with Nidoking or just getting rid of them until they are in range of Pheromosa's attacks. Overall Nidoking is an oustanding partner for CB Pheromosa in my eyes and the potency of these 2 being together is insane.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
:ss/tapu-lele:

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Terrain negates priority against Pheromosa and Pheromosa is normally clicking U-Turn against switch ins like Pex, Moltres, Fable which can't stomach Specs Psychic from Lele. Good partner in general especially for breaking fatty stuff outside of predictions with certain dark mons.

Before I close out for this round, I'm kinda going to be changing how end of the round works with every submission really going to be archiving all viable submissions for this project in helping builders when it comes to teambuidling and giving in depth anaylsis in specific submissions, since this week had a short amount I can actually go in depth for each post, really great job guys. :blobthumbsup:
:ss/pheromosa:
these where all good submissions for this week
Highlights

:slowbro: : Future Sight is such a strong support move for Pheromosa that it easily let's it break past through Pheromosa checks and the ability to bring in Pheromosa in safely after soaking a hit , allowing for Pheromosa to run rampant through teams safely.
:tapu koko: A nice form of keeping each other momentum with U-Turn bringing each other in constantly and applying constant pressure towards each other checks compliments these two really well, good post as well.
:nidoking: Nidoking is just really good with Pheromosa breaking past through all of Pheromosa's checks and being able to bring in Nidoking against them just eases the ability for Pheromosa to finish a weakened fat team easily with Nidoking, and as well for complimenting with the removal of Blissey for Nidoking.
:tapu lele: Similary to Nidoking , Tapu lele breaks or heavily weakens Pheromosa's checks and while being brought in safely against them, this time with the addition of blocking priority thanks to Psychic Terrain.

Round 14: Sword Dance Garchomp
:ss/garchomp:

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/Fire Blast
- Scale Shot/Stealth Rock
Garchomp serves as one of the best breakers as of right now being able to break past through many fat teams after a set up , good bulk with it's typing providing an electric immunity and a soft Heatran Check in one slot , while possibly providing Stealth Rocks as well for a team and removing most defoggers rather easily if you where to run rocks, so then as usual who makes as good partners for Garchomp​

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
reserving Ferrothorn

:ss/Ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs

Impish Nature
- Spikes / Stealth Rock

- Knock Off
- Body Press

- Leech Seed

:ferrothorn: / :garchomp:

Ferrothorn is a great partner for Garchomp as Ferrothorn can lay out Stealth Rocks in case Garchomp wants to fully concentrate on the sweeping potential. If Garchomp has Stealth Rock in its moveset, ferrothorn can additionally pressure the opposing team and wear them down with laying out Spikes. Dual Hazard works well in this very case, as Garchomp appreciates teams getting worn down by them, especially Pokemon like Tapu Fini, which on the other hand Ferrothorn can tackle for Garchomp and weakening it for it.
Additionally, Ferrothorn makes up for a great partner in dealing with Pokemon Garchomp has trouble with, such as Barraskewda in rain, Rillaboom, Tapu Koko, and Tapu Lele, as all of these mons can run sets or moves, which heavily damage Garchomp or even take it out and Ferrothorn can check these Pokemon and Knock them off or whittle them down with its Leech Seed.
In return, Garchomp can take on Fire-types, such as Heatran for Ferrothorn, as Heatran gives Ferrothorn a lot of trouble on the field. Garchomp can also deal with Moltres with its coverage in Stone Edge.

In overall, these 2 Pokemon can support each other pretty well, and Ferrothorn is a great partner to Garchomp, as Ferrothorn can deal with plenty of Pokemon Garchomp dislikes, whereas Garchomp executes as a great check to Pokemon, such as Heatran and Moltres. With Ferrothorn having Knock off in its arsenal it can remove items like Heavy-Duty Boots and Leftovers, and with entry hazards on the field it isnt easy for the opponent to come in any time on both, Ferrothorn and Garchomp. Furthermore, both profit from an annoying ability, Ferrothorns Iron Barbs and Garchomps Rough Skin, which is great to whittle down physical attackers in the long run.​

Last edited:

Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 28 SpD / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Mystical Fire
- Roost
- U-turn / Scorching Sands​

I think Moltres is a solid partner for Garchomp, especially in the defensive department. Moltres' ability to check some Garchomp's revenge killers is very good if you use it as a wall-breaker. Moltres can check things like Kartana, Rillaboom and Pheromosa, which usually look for revenge kill Chomper. Also Moltres pressures some Garchomp's rough match-ups like fat Steel-types such as Corviknight, Celesteela and the rare Skarmory. It can forgo Scorching Sands to run U-turn to bring Garchomp on the face of unsuspecting Heatran, Toxapex, Tyranitar and Zapdos, creating opportunities to set-up a SD or a Scale Shot depending on the opposing team. Finally, Moltres' Defog is very useful to prevent Garchomp being worn down too quickly by Spikes stack or Toxic Spikes, which helps Garchomp avoid being put in range of some priority like CB Rillaboom's Grassy Glide, which has a high chance of OHKO Garchomp after a round of LO recoil, a spike and rocks.

Last edited:

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
keldeo-resolute.gif

Keldeo @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Flip Turn
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

:Keldeo-Resolute: /

Someone already took Moltres so I guess I'll go with this one. Atm, this is one of my favorite partners for Garchomp, second only to Moltres, by both of them overwhelming their checks, namely Tapu Fini and Slowbro. I put toxic to completely ruin Slowbro while Garchomp has rocks to wear down Fini. Even if Chomp doesn't have rocks, Fini is not gonna want to switch in that many times against Garchomp due to lack of reliable recovery and the fact that Garchomp's earthquake is gonna deal over forty percent if unboosted. Toxapex is also pretty much forced to come in allowing Keldeo to flip turn out into Garchomp, allowing our shark friend to do what it wants from boosting with swords dance or setting rocks. Specs Keldeo is also a nuke in of itself, potentially allowing Garchomp to bypass the need for swords dance and just sweep with scale shot. Defensively, they have a horrible synergy but on the offensive side, it does put some pressure as Keldeo is rather rare in ou. Oh how the mighty have fallen

Another benefit of Keldeo that I absolutely love is how it completely abuses opposing rain and tears apart opposing sand. In rain, even the mighty Ferrothorn would not want to stomach a specs hydro pump, not that it wants to stomach Keldeo in the first place. If it's a physically defensive Ferrothorn, then rain boosted specs hydro pump just about kills it in two hits while nearly everything that isn't Ferrothorn is gonna drop almost instantly. Against sand, just one move destroys it completely. Neither Tyranitar nor Excadrill wants to have to do anything against Keldeo's stabs and Dracozolt does not want to eat a secret sword, that's not even counting the potential stealth rocks that would chip away against all these mentioned pokemon

Ou's best methods of dealing with scale shot Garchomp, which is priority from Cinderace, Urshifu and Rillaboom, are all in a way ruined by toxic. Rillaboom especially since Keldeo can just smack it with secret sword or cripple it with toxic as the gorilla pretty much has to switch in. It would take huge balls of steel to not switch in a Keldeo counter against it due to the risk of Keldeo just cleaving something in two

Finally, which is probably my favorite part, is that Keldeo absolutely destroys Landorus or forces it to reveal if it's scarfed or not. Most Landorus would usually go for u turn if they are scarfed. This would reveal that it is scarfed as it would be faster than Keldeo, providing crucial intel. If it's not scarfed, then it's gonna die, allowing Garchomp to have its swords dance boost unhindered. I like this part so much because I really hate it if the battle drags on longer than necessary all because a stupid flying lion dog slows down Garchomp's assault

Last edited:

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick / Zen Headbutt

Offensive Pivot Cinderace using Gunk Shot as one of its attacks. Cinderace has just the right set of tools to bust through many of Garchomp's checks. Pyro Ball hurts Buzzwole, Corviknight, the rare Skarmory, and Ferrothorn if Garchomp lacks Fire Blast. Gunk Shot slams Clefable, Tapu Fini, and more niche Fairies such as Primarina and Azumarill. U-turn allows it to heavily dent the Slowtwins and the rare Latios while turning out of Cinderace's checks that Garchomp can exploit, including Toxapex and Heatran (depending on Cinderace's last move, ofc).​

Sorry for the delay for this week , had some important things to take care off before I went on break and I can now got the time to continue on working on this project with the amount of time I got to spare.
:ss/garchomp:
Highlights

:ferrothorn: Sword Dance Garchomp enjoy Ferrothorn's spikes proving duel hazards in most cases between these two in order to break down things rather easily, and aiding Garchomp weakness against things it doesn't wanna stay in on
:moltres: U-Turn is really nice here for Moltres in bringing in Garchomp on it's own checks giving it opportunities to set up as they switch out, and great defensive synergy between these two.
:keldeo: Though I am not the biggest fan of Keldeo as of right now , these two together work very well, constant pressure as well as wearing down their checks and easy momentum grab compliments them very well.
:cinderace: These two form a very potent offensive core with the coverage from Cinderace can handle majority of Garchomp's checks and the last moves can be played around depending on what Cinderace wants to hit very solid core.

Round 15: Clefable
:ss/clefable:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off/Thunder Wave
Clefable has proven to be once again that defines the metagame as of right now , though struggles with some of the more recent trend Clefable has a lot going for it easily splashable in many teams, great utility moves in it's arsenals, and a soft check to one of the tiers bigger threats in Urhsifu-S, overall Clefable can provide a lot to many teams, let us see who pairs well with Clefable then.​

Katy

Banned deucer.
reserving slowbro

:bw/slowbro:
Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe

- Scald
- Slack Off
- Teleport
- Future Sight

:slowbro: is a formidable and phenomenal partner for clefable as it can check pokemon, which clefable struggles with, such as melmetal, cinderace, and heatran. slowbro can come into melmetals and cinderaces attacks, thanks to its great typing and great defense alongside heavy-duty boots. slowbro can check these pokemon with dishing out a scald and threatening them with a burn, which melmetal and cinderace truly dislike. furthermore it can check them consistently as having slack off as recovery option helps with checking these threats. it can also help versus heatran and softchecks it. slowbro can also threaten toxapex with future sight for clefable, as clefable struggles a bit with toxapex as it cannot threaten it in an offensive way.

clefable in return can help versus urshifu-s which is pretty threatening to slowbro, clefable can also help in checking hydreigon, as clefable can tank urshifu-s' hits and retaliate with a strong 4x super effective moonblast. the same mention goes to hydreigon. clefable can also help against mandibuzz, which is rather annoying for slowbro to deal with.

in overall these two forme a nice partnership on the field, as they can check each others threats pretty well. however they struggle against pokemon such as kartana, so pairing them up with a strong check to such pokemon is advised. but in general clefable and slowbro are a nice combination, due to both having access to reliable recovery moves like soft-boiled and slack off, both having a great defensive typing and both pokemon have a superb ability in magic guard and regenerator respectively so they are able to consistently do that job on the field.

Last edited:

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey there :afrostar:

Round 15(Continued): Scizor
:bw/scizor:
Scizor @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Scizor has recently shot up in usage both in tournaments and on the ladder. It's good defensive typing along with decent bulk and access to reliable recovery let's it check a plethora of pokemon in the tier such as Kyurem, Tapu Lele, Rillaboom and Calm Mind Clefable lacking Flamethrower. Swords Dance let's it act as a late game cleaner and lets it pick up a few KOs, and U-turn let's it keep up momentum against its checks and bring in its teammates. Its ability to check common threats in the metagame brings great utility to any team it's in. With that being said, what pokemon do you think would pair well with Scizor?

Deadline is at 26th March, Friday
Be sure to read the rules!
Happy Posting!

Kyurem @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Roost

Kyurem is able to offensively pressure some of Scizors biggest issues like Heatram and Toxapex. There are other Pokémon who do that however I chose Kyurem as it relies the least on prediction and can just click substitute and start applying offensive pressure or ppstalling Pokémon such as Blissey. Scizor is a good check to a lot of steel types that pressure Kyurem and is a great switchin to non Flamethrower Clefable. Kyurem also does not like hard switchin in against a lot of the metagame because it is relatively frail and status ruins it as well as how annoying losing boots is and U-Turn helps with that. The core is pretty intuitive so I don't think I need to go more in depth.

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
nasty plot hydreigon

:bw/hydreigon:
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Nasty Plot

Nasty Plot Hydreigon and Swords Dance Scizor build up a great offensive core, which can put pressure on a lot of common Pokemon in the OU tier.
Hydreigon offensively pressure Pokemon which Scizor struggles with such as Heatran, Landorus-T, and Toxapex. It can also deal high damage output to Pokemon such as Mandibuzz. Scizor in return helps with offensively pressuring Clefable, Rillaboom, and Kartana, which are all dangerous to Hydreigon due to their sheer power and coverage. Both can also handle top tier Pokemon such as Slowking, Slowbro, and Tapu Lele well.
Due to Scizor having U-turn in its arsenal, it can pivot out into Hydreigon, when it fears an unfavorable matchup for itself and bring in Hydreigon relatively safely on the field. Both Hydreigon and Scizor fare well in offensive oriented teams in which they're able to keep up the offensive momentum and breaking through the opposition with sheer strength.
:hydreigon: :heart: :scizor:

Last edited:

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
:ss/nidoking:
Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam​

Scizor U-Turns on Pokemon like Heatran, Tapu Fini, and Toxapex; all of which Nidoking eats for breakfast. Furthermore, Scizor provides Nidoking with a pivot that can force switches and create free turns for Nidoking to come in. Scizor's defensive typing means that it can switch in on a lot of the Pokemon that would otherwise kill Nidoking due to its paltry defenses. The core struggles quite a bit with Landorus-T, but you can still catch it on the switch with Ice Beam. Overall, this is a really strong offensive core in general

Last edited:

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
:ss/swampert:
Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
IVs: 0 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flip Turn
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Forms yet another VoltTurn core with Scizor, in this case each resisting the other's sole weakness. Scizor also switches into Kyurem for Swampert, while Swampert is a good switchin to Steel types that would easily wall Scizor.

Last edited:

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Screenshot_20210318-225444_Discord.jpg

tapukoko.gif

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam

Tapu Koko forms a great VoltTurn core with Scizor. It can take advantage of Pokemon like Corviknight and Toxapex that it might U-turn on. While Scizor can take on Grass-types like Rillaboom that threaten Tapu Koko. It can also opt to run Toxic instead of Dazzling Gleam which wears down the opposing team and can potentially open up for Scizor to sweep. Another notable thing about Scizor is that it's a Steel-type that doesn't resist Flying so it can't switch into Hurricane from Tornadus-T or Zapdos very well. Tapu Koko covers this weakness as it can reliably take on these Flying-types.

Last edited:
reserving magnezone

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Def / 116 SpA / 140 Spe
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

Magnezone is good for trapping steel types and pressure out water, which allows scizor to bp as those are the two resists with more defensive mons. You can easily u-turn out to zone on ferro or corvi and you can setup to at least +4 defense in most cases. Magnezone primarily struggles with grounds like excadrill. These mons can be checked, not countered by this bulky scizor.

Last edited:

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
:life orb::sm/Garchomp::life orb:
Rough Skin
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Fang
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Sd Garchomp forms a powerful core with Scizor with an incredible type synergy, completely covering each other's weaknesses. Scizor's mortal enemy, Heatran is nothing more than a free earthquake or swords dance for Garchomp while Scizor helps not just Garchomp, but the rest of their team against the offensive grass types, especially Rillaboom and its very balanced grassy glide. This set uses fire fang over stone edge as with the exception of Mandibuzz, all the birds are just scale shot fodder and as such, fire fang is used for Garchomp to chomp its way thru Corviknight. Depending on what is more appropriate, both of them can act as the late game cleaner or mid game breaker

arn.av136

would've, could've, should've
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Reserving zeraora

:ss/zeraora:

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat/ Toxic
- Volt Switch

Zeraora forms a great Volturn core with Scizor. It is able to threaten out the Flying and Water types that come in on Scizor with its STAB Electric attacks. Zeraora apreciates getting in safely via a (usually) slower U-turn from Scizor due to its fraility. Scizor is able to switch in into the Grass types such as Tangrowth, Rillaboom that try to come in on Zeraora. If you get caught up in the Volturn core of these two, it is very difficult to get out especially if your grounds don't have any recovery other than Leftovers which will get knocked.

Last edited:

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:ss/volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe or 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Roost / Giga Drain

Volcarona finds itself with one major flaw in this metagame: it is stonewalled by Heatran no matter what you do. The idea is to lure it in using this trapper Scizor set:

:ss/scizor:
Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Sand Tomb
- Roost

This does the following to Heatran, which would switch in freely to the listed Scizor:
0 Atk Technician Scizor Sand Tomb vs 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 46.6 - 55.9% - 99.6% chance to 2HKO after trapping damage

You also trap another Pokemon that would normally switch into Scizor, Toxapex, which means Volcarona can ditch Psychic for Bug Buzz on the bulky set and run Giga Drain on the offensive set for Swampert, Gastrodon and Tapu Fini.
Hey! Cool partner, but it's recommended that you stick to the Scizor set provided in the post.
You can change your entry for this week if you'd like, as long as you do it within the deadline.

Happy have a nice day!

:ss/dragapult:

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Hex

Dragupult just clicks buttons on everything. Scizor being able to care of dragupult's checks and counters like clefable and weavile being able to use bullet punch to deal with them, and able to pivot around with u-turn. These two are able to sweep through the late game together once dragapults's checks and counters are dealt with, and scizor being able to use bullet punch and u-turn as well to serve a slow pivot.

:sm/mamoswine:

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Oblivious
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Rock Tomb

I would have chosen Nidoking or Kyurem (shoutout to SPECS KYUREM since it hasn't been mentioned here), but since they've already been taken, I'm submitting somewhat of an hybrid of the two: good old Mamoswine.
This fella is always a threat looming in the shadows of every generation of OU. It's unique STAB combination has the highest amount of types hit supereffectively and is stupidly powerful coming off of Mamoswine's base 130 Attack. Of course it's in the shadows because it has many glaring flaws as an offensive Pokémon: pretty bad defensive typing, below average speed and poor defenses, meaning it's revenge-killed by many offensive threats and needs pivoting to safely enter the battlefield. Scizor makes for a good partner because it gains momentum some of its main victims (Heatran, Toxapex, Landorus-T, Zapdos) OR some of its main counters (Corviknight, Ferrothorn, certain bulky Water types) so that another teammate can abuse them, opening up for Mamoswine. Also, specially defensive Scizor handles Tapu Lele, Kyurem and, to an extent, Rillaboom, all of which are prominent threats that can easily demolish Mamoswine.
:metronome: deserves a shoutout as an item choice: it doesn't weaken Mamoswine down and the mechanic of the item allows Mamoswine to snowball over slower Pokémon attempting to Recover stall its attacks (like Corviknight)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)