Pokémon Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought the "Ash had his wish granted by Ho-oh" theory was very interesting. It's also a little disturbing though. He's going to live forever, be the same age, and do the same basic thing the rest of always and he'll never realize anything is abnormal. It's never ending happiness... in a strange way.

I think that the theory about the three legendary dogs being Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon is an interesting theory.

Here are the ones I've heard. * Voltorb #1: A voltorb is actually a hunter who possessed a pokeball and became trapped inside it. * Voltorb #2: A voltorb can shrink down to the size of a pokeball (like in the games where you have to battle them, mistaking them for pokeballs) because it was a failed expirement of creating a pokeball. * Sacred Beasts: The three sacred beasts: Entei, Raikou, and Suicune, are a Flareon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon respectivly. They all died in the tower and Ho-oh used its sacred ash on them, reviving them and also making them stronger. * Dead Clystor: When a shelder evolves into a clystor and the clystor dies, it becomes a gastly. This because gastly looks very similar to the black orb in both shelder and clystor. * Clefable/Gengar: This theory states that a gengar is a dead clefable. They both have similar heights, shape, and look very similar. * Two more that I've heard of are the ash in a comma and cubone being a baby kangashkan theory, but I don't have enough info to accuratly tell.

Here are the ones I've heard. * Voltorb #1: A voltorb is actually a hunter who possessed a pokeball and became trapped inside it. * Voltorb #2: A voltorb can shrink down to the size of a pokeball (like in the games where you have to battle them, mistaking them for pokeballs) because it was a failed expirement of creating a pokeball. * Sacred Beasts: The three sacred beasts: Entei, Raikou, and Suicune, are a Flareon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon respectivly. They all died in the tower and Ho-oh used its sacred ash on them, reviving them and also making them stronger. * Dead Clystor: When a shelder evolves into a clystor and the clystor dies, it becomes a gastly. This because gastly looks very similar to the black orb in both shelder and clystor. * Clefable/Gengar: This theory states that a gengar is a dead clefable. They both have similar heights, shape, and look very similar. * Two more that I've heard of are the ash in a comma and cubone being a baby kangashkan theory, but I don't have enough info to accuratly tell.

That Sylveon is FAIRY TYYYPE.

Hey its a theory!

---

I like to think that the player character is this
idiot savant who mind melds with his mons so that
he does more in a few month time span with potentially
hundreds of mons than what a 'champion' can do all
her life.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I believe in the Gengar-is-Clefairy's-shadow-thing
And the Haunter- electrode theory.

As for Cloyster, I'm sure a Cloyster would pretty much look like a Gastly after smashing the shell.

A theory that I like is that it is thought that the evolutionary lines of Venomoth and Butterfree were accidentally mixed up.

Based on some of their characteristics in terms of design, it's thought that the original evolutionary lines were supposed to be:

Caterpie ---> Metapod ---> Venomoth

Venonat ---> Butterfree.

It's just speculation, however.

Theories, huh...

As mentioned earlier, the theory of Blue's Raticate's mysterious dissapearance is very interesting. Also, there's the theory of Gastly and Cloyster being related (Look at the similarities in their faces).

And, although this isn't too much of a theory, people say Hitmonchan's early sprite looks like a Togekiss watching a Doduo poop.

lol, I just had to mention that.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Giovanni and Ariana are Silver's parents.

Also, Agatha and Professor Oak are Bertha's parents from a one night stand in their teenage years. (which is why she doesn't look that much younger than Agatha) The two agreed to send the baby to the Sinnoh Region to live with adopted parents so nobody would find out.

My favorite Pokemon theory is the Mew/Ditto theory, by far. The idea that Ditto is a product of the failed attempts at cloning Mew makes almost too much sense to be a coincidence. For one, it's normal and shiny colors are almost identical to Mews, and they are the only two Pokemon capable of using the move transform. Mew is said to carry the DNA of all Pokemon, and Ditto can rearrange it's own cells to copy the form of any Pokemon it chooses. It's presence in both Pokemon Mansion and Cerulean Cave link it back to Mew and Mewtwo as well, and really, where else would a Pokemon like Ditto come from? A sentient, shapeless blob of cells...not exactly something found in nature. It is stated that Mewtwo was the only successful clone of Mew - not the only one ever attempted. I think it's a really neat theory that adds a nice little layer to the Pokemon lore. Five generations later and I still think that Mew and Mewtwo are the most interesting legendaries. :p

Giovanni and Ariana are Silver's parents.

Also, Agatha and Professor Oak are Bertha's parents from a one night stand in their teenage years. (which is why she doesn't look that much younger than Agatha) The two agreed to send the baby to the Sinnoh Region to live with adopted parents so nobody would find out.
It was proven that Giovanni is Silver's dad. the only theoretical bit is Ariana. This is because she has red hair, right? Game Freak will tell you it's entirely coincidental. Riiiiiiight.

RBY takes place in a post-war Kanto. Lt. Surge has memories of surviving on the front with Pokemon, and your father never shows up. Most of the adult men you meet in kanto are either fairly old, or are part of an organized crime syndicate. Any men who would be your dads age agre mostly seen as sailors.
Here are several branches of the war theory from tumblr that I liked
A collection of personal pokemon theories
The Unova Wars
So as we all know, there was some form of a war before the main games. However, this war was on a much larger scale than you would think. Unova, being the dominant nation in the world at the time, was set on world conquest. Essentially, they declared war on everyone else.

Orre’s Part in the War
Unova may have been the dominant nation in terms of technology at the time, but in terms of size and power, Orre was the most fearsome nation in the world. However, because Orre had a lack of wild pokemon, Unova and Orre were evenly matched. When Unova began their conquest, Orre joined up with the ‘Island Nations’(Sinnoh, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn). They sent assistance to their allies, however, Orre is a great ways away from all the other regions-Orre is attached to the mainland, and Unova is practically on the other side of the world.
Trozei!
The events of Pokemon Trozei take place during the war-in an unnamed area between Kanto, Johto and Hoenn. The SoL is actually a group of combatants from the island nations who are conducting the transfer of pokemon to areas where trainers are needed most. The Phobos Battalion is composed of Unova agents sent to interrupt enemy operations and steal pokemon to power Unova technology.
The Main Characters in the Mystery Dungeons Series are Washed up Orre Soldiers
Orre sent a ship with trainers to assist the Island Nations in their fight-however, in the midst of a storm, the ship is devoured by the waves, and only four of the ship’s crew washes up, and even then, two are dead.
One washes up with his Grovyle in the area that the Explorers game takes place in. They then proceed to watch time stop before their eyes and go through the plot of the game.
The protagonist of Rescue Team actually drowns, but a mysterious figure(see Cyrus theory) intervenes. The protagonist is recreated as a pokemon and awakes in the area of the Rescue Team games.
Gengar is one of the trainers from this ship, too. He survived the wreck though, and it wasn’t until he met Ninetales that he became a pokemon.
The protagonist of Explorers wasn’t just sent back in time-he died
When Grovlye and the main character are sent back in time, they are being attacked by Primal Dialga. MC shoves Grovyle out of the way so that he flawlessly arrives in the past-however, this means that MC sacrificed himself, a move that Grovlye would later mirror. Yet again, a mysterious figure intervenes and tests the will of the MC, and recreates him as a pokemon.
Duskull/Dusknoir is the other dead crew member
Duskull is an undead pokemon, I mean, it’s a floating skull for god’s sake. Duskull was the last crew member that washed up, already dead. He then became Duskull and got a job as a banker. He displays his thug-like attributes throughout the game with his greed for money and becoming a mercenary later on, showing he still is somewhat of the Orre trainer he used to be. Once time stops, Duskull sits in his banking stall, horrified by the massacre. He’s one of the only survivors-after all, how can a dead man die?
Eventually, he lost all emotion. He was then picked up by Primal Dialga for use as an eternal soldier. When I say he lost all emotion, I mean to the point where he even attempts to kill his old crewmate because of an order.
The Sinnoh Meteorites
In the Rescue Team games, Rayquaza managed to get rid of the meteor headed towards the world. However, pieces of the meteor had already broken off and were heading straight for Sinnoh.
The meteorites crashed straight into Veilstone City. A mysterious pokemon-Deoxys-emerged from these ruins, but quickly escaped from the scene. Sinnoh was plunged into chaos, and Unova took the opportunity to eliminate the strongest power of the Island Nations.
The Hoenn Rocket
Hoenn saw that Unova was moving in quickly. There was very little chance that any of the nations would get out of this mess alive and independent. Taking an example from the devastation of the Sinnoh Meteorite, Hoenn created a rocket that they would send crashing into the moon. The moon would shatter and the pieces would fall and destroy everything. The weather institute was created to edit the atmosphere above Hoenn to protect them from this devastation and leave them as the only living population.
The weather institute was incomplete when the rocket needed to be launched, though. The people of Hoenn decided that they would rather burn than be taken under control of Unova. It was a suicide mission.
The rocket was launched, but Latios and Latias, the guardians of the region, lept into action to stop the rocket and protect the people of the world. Their combined power wasn’t enough, though. It wasn’t until Deoxys arrived that the rocket was shattered and the world safe.
Unova spies leapt into action and took out the power grid, and to this day you can find leftover living bombs in the power factory.
Hoenn was done for, and Unova quickly took over. Kanto and Johto were quickly consumed by Unova, since they had no reinforcements and were the weakest of the Island Nations.
The Treaty
Rather than fighting, the remaining nations of the world decided to create an uneasy peace treaty. The Ranger Union only agreed to it as it ended the pokemon torture and established free care for pokemon in all the nations-the pokemon centers.
Orre agreed to the treaty, but they weren’t bound by it as much as the other nations were. Orre generally retained its freedom, since Unova didn’t want to anger the ginormous nation. Ransei was left out of the agreement, since no one wanted to mess with that unstable nation.
The Galactic and Rocket Rebels
Team Galactic and Team Rocket are composed of the remaining members of the Hoenn Rocket Project. Some members, such as Cyrus, weren’t soldiers in the war but were old enough to experience and remember the pain that Unova brought to the world.
Genesect
Unova wasn’t the largest nation out there-so how did they manage to conquer all these lands?
They had a secret weapon-the genetically engineered Genesect. It was their ultimate power. No one could stop it-it was practically invincible. That is, until…
The Mewtwo Counter
Mewtwo was an attempt by Team Rocket to create a pokemon powerful enough to combat Genesect. With Mewtwo, they could start an uprising, overthrow Unova once and for all! However, as we all know, Mewtwo rebelled against Giovanni. That, sadly, was the end of any hope in Kanto for defeating Unova for the time being.
The Man who Became God
So, we know that Cyrus wanted to change the world for the better. He ended up trapped in the Distortion Realm, outside of time and space itself. Essentially, he was a god. He achieved his dream, but he had no way to reshape the world. He couldn’t actively interact with the world, for the most part. He was left watching time and space.
He does, however, interfere with the real world on a few occasions-he saves the heroes of the Mystery Dungeon series, he ensures Grovlye, Dusknoir and Celebi’s continued survival, etc.

Going along with the Arianna theory, I always believed that the son the guy was referring to was Lance not Silver, it would explain how he was able to uncover their secret hideout in mahogany despite not actually living in Johtou or having any real proof of the rockets revival. I was also a fan on the shadow triad being the stration bros until b2w2

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Going along with the Arianna theory, I always believed that the son the guy was referring to was Lance not Silver, it would explain how he was able to uncover their secret hideout in mahogany despite not actually living in Johtou or having any real proof of the rockets revival. I was also a fan on the shadow triad being the stration bros until b2w2
There's a sidequest (if you bring a Celebi to the Ilex Forest Shrine in HGSS) that pretty much confirms that Giovanni is Silver's father. And he's also his father in the manga, for what it's worth.

As far as Lance also somehow being their kid...I dunno. There's also a theory that Mars is their daughter, which I also ignored because at that point it just seems like we're just saying every red haired character is related to them somehow.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Here's my pet theory:

The Pokémon Anime is meta. That is, it's actually meant to be a show that's produced and aired in the Pokémon world. It follows the exciting life of a trainer whose goal is to be a Pokémon master. In this idealized universe, new and exciting people and Pokémon are everywhere (whereas a normal Pokémon trainer would often go for days without meeting anybody), and the tedious and boring aspects of trainer life is ignored (kinda what CoD is to actual warfare or Fireman Sam is to firefighting - they skip all the training, maintenance of equipment, cleaning, waiting and so forth). Exciting things happen every day, in contrast to normal Pokémon training, which isn't that glamourous all in all. Walking, camping and caring for a bunch of Pokémon while you do so. There's a reason why most trainers stay in one place - the latter is a lot easier when you don't have to do the two others.

The show is hugely popular in the Pokémon world, and actual gym leaders (and sometimes Elite Four members) appear. Team Rocket as portrayed in the show is a fictional organization, the real one was disbanded years ago and was basically a bunch of thugs. They didn't have giant mechas or hot air balloons, for instance.

There has been many fan outcries when actors have left the series. Most notably, the child star playing Ash Ketchum finally left the show when the series took on Unova. Also, there have been many Pikachu playing the co-star role (usually, they are only kept for a single season). In an attempt to stay appealing to new audiences (kids), the featured Pokémon are regularly swapped.

This should explain why the show is so dumb. It's meant for a kid audience in a world where Pokémon are part of a daily life, and where older Pokémon fans have a bunch of other shows to watch.

Here's my pet theory:

The Pokémon Anime is meta. That is, it's actually meant to be a show that's produced and aired in the Pokémon world. It follows the exciting life of a trainer whose goal is to be a Pokémon master. In this idealized universe, new and exciting people and Pokémon are everywhere (whereas a normal Pokémon trainer would often go for days without meeting anybody), and the tedious and boring aspects of trainer life is ignored (kinda what CoD is to actual warfare or Fireman Sam is to firefighting - they skip all the training, maintenance of equipment, cleaning, waiting and so forth). Exciting things happen every day, in contrast to normal Pokémon training, which isn't that glamourous all in all. Walking, camping and caring for a bunch of Pokémon while you do so. There's a reason why most trainers stay in one place - the latter is a lot easier when you don't have to do the two others.

The show is hugely popular in the Pokémon world, and actual gym leaders (and sometimes Elite Four members) appear. Team Rocket as portrayed in the show is a fictional organization, the real one was disbanded years ago and was basically a bunch of thugs. They didn't have giant mechas or hot air balloons, for instance.

There has been many fan outcries when actors have left the series. Most notably, the child star playing Ash Ketchum finally left the show when the series took on Unova. Also, there have been many Pikachu playing the co-star role (usually, they are only kept for a single season). In an attempt to stay appealing to new audiences (kids), the featured Pokémon are regularly swapped.

This should explain why the show is so dumb. It's meant for a kid audience in a world where Pokémon are part of a daily life, and where older Pokémon fans have a bunch of other shows to watch.
I suppose you could also say that one of the reasons they needed a new child actor for Ash was because the actor getting too old. Which can help explain why Ash is still 10; while it's the same character, it isn't the same person!

that's a really entertaining theory, by the way. I love it

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Theories, huh...

As mentioned earlier, the theory of Blue's Raticate's mysterious dissapearance is very interesting. Also, there's the theory of Gastly and Cloyster being related (Look at the similarities in their faces).

And, although this isn't too much of a theory, people say Hitmonchan's early sprite looks like a Togekiss watching a Doduo poop.

lol, I just had to mention that.
Come on man, I believe this is Hitmonchan's blue sprite drawn and colored by kadew.

Ya, I actually kept it Kadew.

Anyway, basically it is a togekiss drilling a doduo. There is a pineco as hitmonchan's skirt and like a golf club or something for his leg.

Kadew also made my avatar, just putting it out there.

I really like the theory about Doctor Who being Looker. It's on Did You Know Gaming, I don't really feel like typing it out, but as a Doctor Who fan (David Tennant version specifically, he was the best), it is really cool that those two stories can be overlapped.

You guys remember the Delta Species trading cards? For those of you who aren't card game buffs, the Delta Species collection spanned over a few sets consisting of old Pokemon with new attributes. That is, the Pokemon themselves (Taillow, for example) would have an attribute that they wouldn't normally fit (like Fire, so there would be a Fire-attributed Taillow). The story behind this is that, in a country/region known as Holon, the scientists were looking to use new EM technology to find Mew. The device that they created and used revealed itself to be extremely volatile and dangerous, as shortly after its activation the local Pokemon began mutating and changing into new types, but with their typical weaknesses. Even the Mew they were looking for was mutated into a Fire-type. Many of the Pokemon's final forms were part Steel for the first half of the series, but during the later sets, fully evolved Pokemon were less likely to become part Steel unless they were already a repurposed Steel-type Pokemon. The theory is that some Pokemon who may have lived too far outside of the range of the machine's EM field, or simply any species that were initially unaffected, had the attribute mutations bred into their offspring by effected Pokemon, eventually making Delta Species Pokemon a natural occurence all around the Holon region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)