Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumor being accurate with Fire but not with Psychic is odd

And it's not Fairy trumping Psychic and it doesn't seem to be SE against Fairy either so it's not even like something got shuffled when talking about it.

Because Fairy Wind was neutral against the Grass/Psychic Exeggutor. This means that if Fairy is neutral against Grass, then it is also neutral against Psychic.
Thank you for the deductive reasoning. :)

Now that Pokebeach type chart is disproven, I see more credibility in the PokeSmash skit where they show off Sylveon matchups. In particular, Sylveon matchup against Fighting and Ice type is still up in the air, since we can't conclude about them from the demo.

Although, the Pokebeach rumor may have just gotten the Psychic resist part mixed up and the rest is maybe accurate. The Smash skit did do something with Steel and Poison and we know from the rumor that those types is Super-Effective on Fairy. Iirc, Smash did a skit on Poison and a super effective pops up on the screen. So a correlation between Smash and Pokebeach rumor exist in that respect.

And it's not Fairy trumping Psychic and it doesn't seem to be SE against Fairy either so it's not even like something got shuffled when talking about it.
Perhaps there is hope for Ice type to resist it then.

I really hope Ice resists fairy, especially since they had stated they were bringing Fairy type to make the type chart more balanced.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Because Fairy Wind was neutral against the Grass/Psychic Exeggutor. This means that if Fairy is neutral against Grass, then it is also neutral against Psychic.
He never said he used it on Exeggutor. Consider Shauna's/Yvonne's Chespin as a possibility if he got Froakie or Fennekin as a starter. Heck, we don't even know all the wild Pokemon in the demo still so he could have used it on a Skiddo for all we know.

He never said he used it on Exeggutor. Consider Shauna's/Yvonne's Chespin as a possibility if he got Froakie or Fennekin as a starter. Heck, we don't even know all the wild Pokemon in the demo still so he could have used it on a Skiddo for all we know.
There was a youtube video of Sylveon using Fairy Wind on Eggy. It did neutral damage.

It may depend on what the beta tester was playing against. He might have been fighting against a part-Psychic type that DID resist Fairy-type attacks and became confused based on that.
Or maybe they were retesting and rebalancing the type chart in-between the time of his leak and now.
Or maybe he wanted to throw in a little bit of inaccurate information to confuse the officials

It may depend on what the beta tester was playing against. He might have been fighting against a part-Psychic type that DID resist Fairy-type attacks and became confused based on that.
Or maybe they were retesting and rebalancing the type chart in-between the time of his leak and now.
Or maybe he wanted to throw in a little bit of inaccurate information to confuse the officials
oh dang they might be on to me *Psychic resists Fairy*

The perfect plan

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
There was a youtube video of Sylveon using Fairy Wind on Eggy. It did neutral damage.
Ah I see. No one said anything about the vid. Thanks!

That's pretty cool. I really hope Fairy has at least one more resistance. Otherwise we're just looking at Dragon-type 2.0 if the rest of Hiro's leak was true.

Speaking of the PokeBeach rumors, the one that particularly stuck out to me is that Mewtwo supposedly has not one, but two forms. So maybe Mewtwo has two MEvos.

This explains why they didn't release the name of Mewtwo Mega Stone when they already released Lucarionite and Blazikenite. Maybe it is called something like Mewtwonite-1 so it would give away that there is another Mega Stone related to Mewtwo and hence another MEvo.

Speaking of the PokeBeach rumors, the one that particularly stuck out to me is that Mewtwo supposedly has not one, but two forms. So maybe Mewtwo has two MEvos.

This explains why they didn't release the name of Mewtwo Mega Stone when they already released Lucarionite and Blazikenite. Maybe it is called something like Mewtwonite-1 so it would give away that there is another Mega Stone related to Mewtwo and hence another MEvo.
I believe the rumor stated that the second form was a supposed Mewtwo form. Could just as easily be Mega Mew.

When did the beach rumor first come out? Like 5 months ago? It's not unreasonable that the game has been changed since then. Anything in the demo though is most likely not changing, as actual development on the final product stops around the last month or two before release. If there is DLC though, I think now would be the time where that starts getting worked on. Let's keep our fingers crossed?

When did the beach rumor first come out? Like 5 months ago? It's not unreasonable that the game has been changed since then. Anything in the demo though is most likely not changing, as actual development on the final product stops around the last month or two before release. If there is DLC though, I think now would be the time where that starts getting worked on. Let's keep our fingers crossed?
I believe the Pokebeach leaks were first revealed sometime around the reveal of Gogoat, Helioptile, Pancham, and Fletchling, because part of it was calling their English names a day before they were officially revealed.

Are you in favor of DLC? Personally, I will only spent money on the 3ds and the game cartridge.

What would be nice is if we can save up on Poke-dollars to afford a trip to another region like Kanto. :)

With the price of Pokedex 3D I'm not looking forward to DLC. Just give us free pokemon through events like you always have gamefreak.

Back to game relevancy, Serebii says that Pokémon who have been played with in PokeAmie have a chance of healing themselves from paralysis
I've had mixed feelings about the whole "Bond" system since it was revealed what it did. I'm starting to settle into the side of liking it more than i dislike it. I've noticed that many people have said that there are now so many threats in the metagames that it's impossible to prepare for them all. That statement is said over and over in the RMT section, and is even mentioned in the banning process from time to time if I remember correctly. I think that this Bond system and the perks that it gives, yes, are rather luck-based, but they do make it so you have the potential to make the battle turn around, or at least five you a fighting chance against the random one threat your team couldn't prepare for. There will be over 700 Pokemon this generation. 6 lil Pokemon with 4 lil moves simply cannot stand up to them all without some kind of help. It'll all be determined by the statistical likelihoods of the little perks happening in once we know in October, but as of right now, I'm liking it more and more.

#Poke-rant and opinions

Thoughts, Smogon?

I'm actually really glad Fairy is neutral against Grass and Psychic. Psychic doesn't have too much going for it right now, it's a fairly average type, and Grass is the last type that needs another weakness. That said, I'm really hoping that Fairy is resisted by at least one more type. Ghost or Ice, maybe?

I've had mixed feelings about the whole "Bond" system since it was revealed what it did. I'm starting to settle into the side of liking it more than i dislike it. I've noticed that many people have said that there are now so many threats in the metagames that it's impossible to prepare for them all. That statement is said over and over in the RMT section, and is even mentioned in the banning process from time to time if I remember correctly. I think that this Bond system and the perks that it gives, yes, are rather luck-based, but they do make it so you have the potential to make the battle turn around, or at least five you a fighting chance against the random one threat your team couldn't prepare for. There will be over 700 Pokemon this generation. 6 lil Pokemon with 4 lil moves simply cannot stand up to them all without some kind of help. It'll all be determined by the statistical likelihoods of the little perks happening in once we know in October, but as of right now, I'm liking it more and more.

#Poke-rant and opinions

Thoughts, Smogon?
700 pokemon but most are unevolved or just plain weak. You only need to really prepare for the OU and maybe UU pokes

pokemon amie sounds like another ingame boost, ie, one that won't be applied in pvp battles like potions aren't allowed in pvp. you know, just in case you guys thought ingame pokemon was hard. it would be interesting to see this implemented like the wonder launcher (if that still exists).

Guise, with Pokémon undergo MEvo during battle, what do you think the chance of normal evolutions happen in-battle too? I secretly want this shiz since forever.

So fairy wind is netural against exeggutor and neutral against grass. Since pokebeach's rumors are now in question (ODD). I REALLY hope that dark is not weak to fairy. And that ice is resistant to fairy.

Guise, with Pokémon undergo MEvo during battle, what do you think the chance of normal evolutions happen in-battle too? I secretly want this shiz since forever.
What's the point of it happening anyway? It happens in the anime because it creates tension. In the games, you already know what's going to happen, at least to some extent, with the given attacks, stats and what-not.

What's the point of it happening anyway? It happens in the anime because it creates tension. In the games, you already know what's going to happen, at least to some extent, with the given attacks, stats and what-not.
I want this too. It could be a major help in a gym battle, for example, with proper timing, and it would just be an overall badass thing to see mid-battle.

You're kicking some Lass's butt in a battle and your Combusken evolves into Blaziken before she sends out her best mon, which happens to be weak to Blaze Kick. It's not a huge deal but it's still epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)