Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice idea, and the only way i can see dual-typed moves being a real thing. Let's not forget that Pokemon is a kid's game mainly, and there is no way that GF would introduce moves that are difficult for kids to figure out their effectiveness against other types.
That's where move descriptions come in to play.
"a mysterious Ice attack that deals damage like a Fire attack" would be an example of this. Kids might start to connect the dots when they see that it's innefective to Rock Pokemon like other Ice techniques and so on

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
That's where move descriptions come in to play.
"a mysterious Ice attack that deals damage like a Fire attack" would be an example of this. Kids might start to connect the dots when they see that it's innefective to Rock Pokemon like other Ice techniques and so on
He meant that younger players would have trouble understanding actual dual-type moves like an Ice/Fire move. He said my version would be easier to understand.

That is fitting things too much for convenience. The leak said the Professor was Patrice not an assistance.
A professor could still be an assistant to another professor. Or colleague or whatever
There's options, is what I'm saying
I was the first to jump on many band wagons but dual typed moves seem so far fetched unless they are implemented like pledge moves in doubles/rotation.
so no really why does everyone seem to draw the line at dual typed moves

like even during the arguments over fairy type there were people okay/on board with a new type but WHOAH NOW DUAL TYPE MOVES?!
craaaaazy town!

e: it was partially rhetorical, i've seen the arguments of "too far fetched" & "too complicated" but...

A professor could still be an assistant to another professor. Or colleague or whatever

like even during the arguments over fairy type there were people okay/on board with a new type but WHOAH NOW DUAL TYPE MOVES?!
craaaaazy town!
Maybe it's because when it comes to the Fairy type, we partly recognize that all kinds of Pokemon will get to use Fairy techniques, so there will be more options to fight Dragons besides having your own Dragon and...Ice Beam...So the same notion applies to Dual typed moves. If they're a part of the game, then lots of Pokemon will have access to them, and it may cause too much in-battle butthurt when your teams defenses run the risk of falling to (for example) a Fire/Ground move, which would wreck your Grass-type, your Steel-type and your Electric-type on individual turns. At least a well planned team won't fall to a Fire technique that deals damage like a Ground attack.
Planning would be a mess, is what I'm saying, but maybe I'm the only one who's given an honest basic competitive analysis to the whole notion.

craaaaazy town!

e: it was partially rhetorical, i've seen the arguments of "too far fetched" & "too complicated" but...
I don't think it's crazy. I just think it's retarded. There are multiple ways it could be done and none of them are good in my opinion.

Okay, now that finals are done with, I'm going to throw out my (probably more than) two cents.

Noivern, Clauncer, and Talonflame look awesome. Vivillon looks good but the prevos will need time to grow on me (Kofukimushi has a Patrat-tooth lol), and Skrelp is a little busy but looks awesomely shady. Shishiko looks nice, as does Furabebe, though I was really expecting the latter to be Grass/Fairy. Sky battles seem gimmicky, and horde battles are gonna be really tough unless all the opponent Pokes are underleveled. Alos, we may be getting 3 rivals this gen (4 if the other-gender PC is one).

Reaction to Fairy-typing and Sylveon's typing revelation:

Reaction to Gardevoir, Marill, and Jiggly being part-Fairy now:

We already have Psystrike/Psyshock. If the Dual moves are like the new ICe move described above, This would help out a lot. Why? Ice types with this move will get Stab on a Fire move basically, eliminating A huge problem Ice types have had in the past. No longer will we have to switch in fear of getting Gyro Balled in the face! (This also might mean Heatproof gets more use, yay for that )

Other examples would be a Poison type with a Stab Water move, giving Ground types a threat to look out for, or a move that gives Machamp stab on Ghost types.

Whoa, Fairy-types are confirmed?! I guess I'm a slowpoke, but I just got news of this. This calls for celebration!
DOO DO DO DO DOO D-DO

Gliscor is your average 'mon,
who's OU and is glad.

Chomp and Nite and Hydrei making OU pretty bad.

The fear and jeer within his tier
is broken instantly

by his magic Normal-types that kick draconic ass
CAUSE IN REALITY
THEY ARE HIS-

FAIRY-TYPES, FAIRY-TYPE POKES

Cute and pink! Outrage spam's extinct!
Fairy-types, fairy type pokes!
Jigglypuff, Sylveon, Gardevoir, Marill.

Moon Blast, Follow me, Trump card, Simple Beam,
Fairy Wind, Perish Song, Encore, Natural Gift!
Fairy-types, Fairy-type pokes
It flips your lid when you are the kid with Fairy-type pokes!

1000 hours in paint

Whoa, Fairy-types are confirmed?! I guess I'm a slowpoke, but I just got news of this. This calls for celebration!
DOO DO DO DO DOO D-DO

who's OU and is glad.

is broken instantly

CAUSE IN REALITY
THEY ARE HIS-

1000 hours in paint

This post. This post has so much win.

DOO DO DO DO DOO D-DO

who's OU and is glad.

is broken instantly

CAUSE IN REALITY
THEY ARE HIS-

1000 hours in paint
this post alone needs to go into the greatest hits.

DOO DO DO DO DOO D-DO

who's OU and is glad.

is broken instantly

CAUSE IN REALITY
THEY ARE HIS-

1000 hours in paint
Somebody take note of this immediately, this must be saved to look back on in the thread highlights. We'll get a track record and put this in as the first entry in Smogons first CD, Now That's What I Call a Post.
IT IS IMPORTANT

My newest obsession is now thinking about all the Fairy moves that Marill and Gardevoir might be able to breed over to other Pokemon in their egg groups. Suddenly Gastrodon is using Fairy Wind.

DOO DO DO DO DOO D-DO

who's OU and is glad.

is broken instantly

CAUSE IN REALITY
THEY ARE HIS-

1000 hours in paint
This, this is too much for my tiny (fairy) brain to handle. Halp

Somebody take note of this immediately, this must be saved to look back on in the thread highlights. We'll get a track record and put this in as the first entry in Smogons first CD, Now That's What I Call a Post.
IT IS IMPORTANT

My newest obsession is now thinking about all the Fairy moves that Marill and Gardevoir might be able to breed over to other Pokemon in their egg groups. Suddenly Gastrodon is using Fairy Wind.
or skuntank using fairy wind
like it uses flamethrower

how does it use flamethrower?

listen to its cry to find out

PINK AND PRETTY~*~*~

My newest obsession is now thinking about all the Fairy moves that Marill and Gardevoir might be able to breed over to other Pokemon in their egg groups.
Something I hadn't really thought about is how much Fairy type attacks on non-Fairies could help their coverage. If it does indeed turn out that it hits more than just Dragon super effectively it could turn out to be a saving grace for some. It obviously won't be just Fairies that get these new moves.

or skuntank using fairy wind
like it uses flamethrower

how does it use flamethrower?

listen to its cry to find out

PINK AND PRETTY~*~*~
Omigod, Skuntank. You like, fart glitter.
-promenades away from the Skuntank-

And just think if Mismagius gets Moonblast. Being a dual-type fairy aside, just having that would be wonderful for her.

If the rumours were true, Fairy-type Misdreavus would own Little Cup. Moreso than it does already. And a better offensive spinblocker for OU would be nice (sorry Gengar.)

Four type immunities sounds AMAZING
It sounds like you're talking about the belief that Fairy types are immune to Dragons. While this has been discussed (and I would agree that four immunities would make Mismagius the queen of sky battles and maybe the duchess of OU ;D), we don't know what the Fairy types weaknesses and potential immunities are yet. The only confirmed bit of info is that Fairies hit Dragons super-effectively. But that much to start would Make Mismagius another degree more threatening in UU and give her back some competitive speciality.

Hopefully Azumarill will have it just as easy as a Huge Power half-Fairy

In the news, it's been said that Pansy, the news reporter shown in Corocoro will appear in the anime next month with a Gogoat and a Helioptile. She may mention that she comes from Lumiose City.
It's about time they started showing future generation Pokemon in the anime again before the release of their native gen.

Well, it has definitely been a mistake to not watch Serebii during E3, but now that I have had the inspiration to, I am glad with the results. Fairy looks like it will be decent, as long as it has a few common weaknesses, and doesn't get all the buffs dragon has right now. Also, I cannot believe that I didn't notice that the games are coming out on... on... my BIRTHDAY. Well, now I have my ultimate excuse to get the game. What do you guys think of the inspiration Ishihara mentioned during the roundtable footage? Hopefully they will take the new 3ds hardware to its limit.

It sounds like you're talking about the belief that Fairy types are immune to Dragons. While this has been discussed (and I would agree that four immunities would make Mismagius the queen of sky battles and maybe the duchess of OU ;D), we don't know what the Fairy types weaknesses and potential immunities are yet. The only confirmed bit of info is that Fairies hit Dragons super-effectively. But that much to start would Make Mismagius another degree more threatening in UU and give her back some competitive speciality.

Hopefully Azumarill will have it just as easy as a Huge Power half-Fairy
I know that it's still not confirmed, but I'm hoping against hope that it's true. I have a Timid Gardevoir that I hatched in Emerald that pretty much ripped the Hoenn League in half, and am now using for competetive battle. An immunity to Dragon would give a HUGE boost to her viability in competetive play.

well, i know enough about lc to know that dragon type attacks aren't really seen there too much - most of the dragons there are a little 'meh' in practice, and steel and poison aren't very common either, so i can't imagine that she'll get much better. might not even be banned.

that said, missy and possibly her evo would be a lot better, i think. checking those souped-up dragons? count me in, son.

Well, that is true, but I'm thinking more in the case of Fairy-type STAB. It was rumoured to be SE on Dragon, Fighting, and Dark right? It now straight out counters all those Fighting-types in the tier and no longer has to worry about Murkrow switching in on it (Murkrow was always a bit of a sketchy check, but now Missy can just spam her moon lasers with no fear of a switch-in.)

Edit: I'm talking about LC, btw. Damn your ambiguous meaning, "Missy."

well, i know enough about lc to know that dragon type attacks aren't really seen there too much - most of the dragons there are a little 'meh' in practice, and steel and poison aren't very common either, so i can't imagine that she'll get much better. might not even be banned.

that said, missy and possibly her evo would be a lot better, i think. checking those souped-up dragons? count me in, son.
She might have poor stats. People stop jumpin off your chairs.

oh, shit, that's true. i totally forgot.

if it can wipe murkrow and scraggy off the screen? byebye missy lol
it's already usable in nu and ru [ i think... ] so that'd at least bump it to uu [ though, admittedly, atm in uu there are only two dragons of note, really - kingdra and flygon - BUT FIGHTING IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO CHECK JESUS CHRIST ]

okay calm down calm down lol
but
missy... missy would be insane. ;n;

missy's stats are pretty okay and with eviolite they're pretty great. i don't recall reliable healing with missy though that seems to be her only flaw, really [wishpasser umbreon, anyone? or hell just wishpassers in general] would make her insane.

DOO DO DO DO DOO D-DO

who's OU and is glad.

is broken instantly

CAUSE IN REALITY

THEY ARE HIS-

1000 hours in paint
Arceus, please, if you'd grant me one wish, allow me to like this post millions of times, or strike me down with a thunder.
Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)