Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean to say that you think Xerneas and Yveltal will have a more balanced version of the obligatory opposing legendary stat spreads like a self-nerf to balance their abilities when using their own STABs?
I'm just going to think that they will have a good but not super amazing whatever attack stat they will main and Yveltal will be fast and bulky while Xerneas tanky with okay speed. Well, tbh I can't see Yveltal get any base stat higher than 130 but I'm probably going to be wrong and he'll probably end up with like 145 Sp.A or something. ...You can probably tell I'm a Yveltal fanboy and I want to use him.

You think that's bad? Two words: Eviolite Chansey.
NOP. NOP. NOP. NOP. NOP. DO NOT WANT.

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We have to remember that there is still a big emphasis on retaining pokemon transfers from gen 3 > 4 >5 and 6 of course. Things like upping EV ceilings wouldn't be the absolute worst but any level 100's anyone already has wouldn't be very happy (assuming they can't use a mechanic like wings to raise EV's, but who really wants to do that?)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We have to remember that there is still a big emphasis on retaining pokemon transfers from gen 3 > 4 >5 and 6 of course. Things like upping EV ceilings wouldn't be the absolute worst but any level 100's anyone already has wouldn't be very happy (assuming they can't use a mechanic like wings to raise EV's, but who really wants to do that?)
you can raise EVs at level 100 as of gen V so I'd assume they'd keep that

I dont think they would actually increase the EV yeild at all. being able to max out 2 stats forces you to actually think what you want to invest in. if you could do 3 everyone would just dump it in HP (boring) or stack their team with mixed sweepers (also boring)

EDIT: wow when i first saw the sketch's of what those tree-'mons looked like, and i thought it would be a big evil tree-legendary (maybe inspired by the whole tree of life theory thats been going on). little disappointed that they're common

Last edited:
Well Horde battles probably mess with the scaling in general, but they look about the same size as zoroark, & honestly cofragrigus isn't that big
Bad example but he's the biggest ghost type that I could think of. Point is around Lucario or yeah Zoroark. They could've really worked on the scaling so they don't look like midget Orroto's but too late now can't change it at this point.

It sounds like the trailer might have been uploaded to the japanese 3ds e-shop, so we'll probably getting it soon.

It looks to me like it has two eyes, not one. That would mean that Serebii&Pokebeach sketches are wrong. Maybe it is just because of the blurry pictures :confused:

If you look closely, you can see it's one eye only.

Here's the trailer. I can't tell if Newtwo is being attacked by Xerneas' Geomancy or if she's using a new move. The bike's shown at 0'18".

It looks to me like it has two eyes, not one. That would mean that Serebii&Pokebeach sketches are wrong. Maybe it is just because of the blurry pictures :confused:
If you look closely, you can see that it really does only have one red eye (most noticable on the far right one)

also here's the trailer

Druddigon being huge always surprises me

I just saw Fennekin pull a punching move on Litleo.

I do not like where this is going...
Looks like it's....level 14? I think?
could be at evolution level and it goes bipedal. If you have arms of any sort you usually get Fire Punch

Though the leaker just messing with everyone about it being Fire/Psychic would be amazing

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Apparently the move is called Glow Punch. The way it seems to emanate from Fennekin and the "confirmed" rumors make me believe it might be a Psychic type physical attack.

New trailer (The one mentioned by Pokebeach and Serebii a while back). Clear shots of Oorotto for a few seconds.

Also, Fennekin uses a new move called "Glow Punch" (Possibly our second physical Psychic move). NewMew uses some kind of fiery-white-colored-thing move.

I have to say that an attack surrounded by & creating flames and being called "glow punch" does not sound like psychic type move

e: Oh there's a clearer trailer
No flames at all!

I'm back on board

We saw some HP (especially of the starters) at certain levels, is there some way to get a general idea of base HP stats from that ? It'd be nice to possibly learn what the bulkiness of the starters is like.

Also, was that move froakie used a new one? It didn't remind me of anything I know...

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Apparently the move is called Glow Punch. The way it seems to emanate from Fennekin and the "confirmed" rumors make me believe it might be a Psychic type physical attack.
Yeah definitely seems more like a fairy psychic type move than fire or fighting. I was legit stressing out when it first looked like fire punch!

EDIT: inb4 english translation is Aura Punch and its some weird special fighting attack that does physical damage

So I just clicked back a few pages and searched the pages for the word sushi. Nothing came up, sooo:
I'm subbed to this guy on youtube, and this just popped up.

Glow Punch a Psychic move? Sounds unlikely to me, we already have 2 medium-powered physical Psychic-type attack in Zen Headbutt & Psycho Cut, a punching move isnt usually more powerful than that no? *fingerscrossed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)