Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So anyone else notice that Mega Lucario and Mega Blaziken have the same cries as their regular selves, but Mega Mewtwo has a different cry? Maybe some cries will get redone after all?

OMG is GF telling me if I lead with a Lucario holding Lucarionite he will just mega evolve on the spot....Thanks GF (,:
No.

I suppose we can now tell which pokemon will never have a chance to evolve based on who gets mega evolutions. Mawile and Absol? Locked forever. Hopefully their megas make up for it.

No.

I suppose we can now tell which pokemon will never have a chance to evolve based on who gets mega evolutions. Mawile and Absol? Locked forever. Hopefully their megas make up for it.
Dude I read research and you can automatic Mega evolve if the pokemon is sent out or in the first slot.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Here's a scary thought:
If MegaMawile keeps the same Attack stat, after Huge Power it will have 590 Attack.
Normal Absol's Attack stat after STAB is factored in is 591.
MegaMawile's Sucker Punch is basically the equivalent of current gen Absol's. (Assuming MegaMawile doesn't get an increase Attack as well)

And again, this thing has Swords Dance, folks. (Take that, Azumarril) It has more raw power than Kyurem-B and it has a base 80 Priority move.
If this thing gets a Sub up, that's a wrap; it's over for you. Fairy/Dark coverage has like one Pokemon that resist it: Heatran. I've sat here for a minute trying to thing of something else but all combinations of Psychic-typing are hit at least neutrally by Dark. Fairy hits Dark & Fighting Super Effectively leaving only Steel as a possible combination with Fire to resist Dark. I think Heatran is literally the only Pokemon that resists the combination.

I'm just imagining a set of:
Mawile @ Mawilenite
Trait: Intimidate (Huge Power)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Draining Kiss (Fairy STAB placeholder)
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance / Magnet Rise

You can't Toxic it with T-Spikes and it's immune to Sandstorm, so the most a stall-ish Pokemon could do is burn it but, if Mawile Swords Dances once, you're still dealing with a Pokemon with 590 Attack even after burn halves its Attack. And that's all assuming that MegaMawile doesn't get a boost to its Base Attack on top of Huge Power. This thing would gladly switch-in on Ferrothorn or Forretress and just throw up a Sub for free and start ruining your world.

MegaLucario's Adaptability may be hella scary, but it only effects its STABs. I mean, Honedge doesn't give a damn about MegaLucario unless the boost to its Base Attack is enough to make up for the lack of Life Orb, which I REALLY doubt will happen since Life Orb brings Lucario's Attack stat from 350 max to 455 max. I would see them increasing Lucario's Attack to either match its SpAtk at Base 115 or bring it up by 10 points to Base 120. Bullet Punch is the only scary thing about Adaptability to me. Lucario will still have 4-moveslot syndrome so, it may be threatening but it'll probably be manageable. Altho, they clearly are trying to kill stall, like, wow will Lucario run through Stall now. At least Nidoqueen can stop him I guess.

MegaBlaziken is the only one I think will still be broken. That is still a crazy-good Pokemon even without Mega Evolution.

MegaAmpharos just confuses me. I really hope they changed Ampharos to Dragon-type as well because the only Dragon Attack Ampharos gets is Outrage via tutor so it doesn't get Draco Meteor or even Dragon Pulse which is crazy to me. Dragon is a great defensive typing since it resists Fire, Water, and Grass but for MegaAmpharos, it would be a solely defensive-typing. Kinda lame, honestly.

I'm hyped and afraid but at least I'm not confused anymore...well aside from Ampharos.

Dude I read research and you can automatic Mega evolve if the pokemon is sent out or in the first slot.

Pokémon capable of Mega Evolution will gain access to their potential only if they first carry a Mega Stone into battle. Other things are needed for Mega Evolution to succeed, and those secrets will be explained later!
That's a quote straight from the official US/Europe Pokemon X and Y website... Sorry dude.

Here's a scary thought:
If MegaMawile keeps the same Attack stat, after Huge Power it will have 590 Attack.
MegaMawile's Sucker Punch is basically the equivalent of current gen Absol's. (Assuming MegaMawile doesn't get an increase Attack as well)

And again, this thing has Swords Dance, folks. (Take that, Azumarril) It has more raw power than Kyurem-B and it has a base 80 Priority move.
If this thing gets a Sub up, that's a wrap; it's over for you. Fairy/Dark coverage has like one Pokemon that resist it: Heatran. I've sat here for a minute trying to thing of something else but all combinations of Psychic-typing are hit at least neutrally by Dark. Fairy hits Dark & Fighting Super Effectively leaving only Steel as a possible combination with Fire to resist Dark. I think Heatran is literally the only Pokemon that resists the combination.

Mawile @ Mawilenite
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch

You can't Toxic it with T-Spikes and it's immune to Sandstorm, so the most a stall-ish Pokemon could do is burn it but, if Mawile Swords Dances once, you're still dealing with a Pokemon with 590 Attack even after burn halves its Attack. And that's all assuming that MegaMawile doesn't get a boost to its Base Attack on top of Huge Power. This thing would gladly switch-in on Ferrothorn or Forretress and just throw up a Sub for free and start ruining your world.

MegaLucario's Adaptability may be hella scary, but it only effects its STABs. I mean, Honedge doesn't give a damn about MegaLucario unless the boost to its Base Attack is enough to make up for the lack of Life Orb, which I REALLY doubt will happen since Life Orb brings Lucario's Attack stat from 350 max to 455 max. I would see them increasing Lucario's Attack to either match its SpAtk at Base 115 or bring it up by 10 points to Base 120. Bullet Punch is the only scary thing about Adaptability to me. Lucario will still have 4-moveslot syndrome so, it may be threatening but it'll probably be manageable. Altho, they clearly are trying to kill stall, like, wow will Lucario run through Stall now. At least Nidoqueen can stop him I guess.

MegaBlaziken is the only one I think will still be broken. That is still a crazy-good Pokemon even without Mega Evolution.

MegaAmpharos just confuses me. I really hope they changed Ampharos to Dragon-type as well because the only Dragon Attack Ampharos gets is Outrage via tutor so it doesn't get Draco Meteor or even Dragon Pulse which is crazy to me. Dragon is a great defensive typing since it resists Fire, Water, and Grass but for MegaAmpharos, it would be a solely defensive-typing. Kinda lame, honestly.

I'm hyped and afraid but at least I'm not confused anymore...well aside from Ampharos.
Well, we know that Pokemons' stats increase when they Mega Evolve; maybe Mega Ampharos is a lot more defense-oriented?

Well, we know that Pokemons' stats increase when they Mega Evolve; maybe Mega Ampharos is a lot more defense-oriented?
There is also the possibility of them reworking move combatibility. They seem into changing game mechanics up a lot this gen. Dragon moves for Ampharos and maybe things like Nasty Plot for Gengar if they rework it?

One thing to think about, does Intimidate activate before MegaEvolving? SD MegaMawile could function somewhat like DD Gyarados/Salamence if so.

Whatever Mega Stones actually are, I want a Mega Shedinja with 2 HP, so that it suddenly isn't OHKOed by priority attacks. Either that or buffing Wonder Guard with immunity to passive damage :p

AND a Grass/Fire Serperior with Drought and SolarBeam by level up while saying 'In your face, Louis XIV!'
I'd like the first idea, but Serperior should be Grass/Dragon. It resembles Dragon types. I'd also prefer Chlorophyll as it's ability, not to mention its pokedex entries state that Snivy's movements are swifter when it is bright sunlight, making Chlorophyll make sense. It would also become the fastest pokemon in sunlight, unless Choice Scarf+Chlorophyll or Whimsicott running Chlorophyll is seen. SolarBeam by level up is pointless, though, as it gets SolarBeam via TM, and, with it being a TM in all 5 gens so far, I doubt they will revoke its TM status.

I actually like Mega Evolutions, and I will probably play in tiers in which mega pokemon are allowed.

Here's a scary thought:

Mawile @ Mawilenite
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch

Just saying, you put Draining Kiss as a placeholder, but it actually would be pretty good if it learns it, if you account for Draining Kiss healing the user like Drain Punch/Horn Leech/etc.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Although it isn't a huge concern at the moment, does this mean Pokemon like Lucario and Blaziken can use Evolite? I'm thinking of like a really bulky Ampharos might become viable in the higher tiers?

Edit: Omg, imagine Evolite Mewtwo in Ubers 9.9

I'd like the first idea, but Serperior should be Grass/Dragon. It resembles Dragon types. I'd also prefer Chlorophyll as it's ability, not to mention its pokedex entries state that Snivy's movements are swifter when it is bright sunlight, making Chlorophyll make sense. It would also become the fastest pokemon in sunlight, unless Choice Scarf+Chlorophyll or Whimsicott running Chlorophyll is seen. SolarBeam by level up is pointless, though, as it gets SolarBeam via TM, and, with it being a TM in all 5 gens so far, I doubt they will revoke its TM status.

I actually like Mega Evolutions, and I will probably play in tiers in which mega pokemon are allowed.
I agree with Mega Serperior being Grass/Dragon. If any Pokémon is Grass/Fire, it should be a Mega Sunflora, since
it's based on a SUNflower...not sure if anyone would use it though.

I really want a Fire/Dragon Mega Charizard, with an ability that's actually useful...

@ShootinStarmie: I don't think Pokémon that Mega Evolve can use Evolite, since Mega Evolution isn't actually real evolving; it's just a temporary super-charged mode, so...

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Although it isn't a huge concern at the moment, does this mean Pokemon like Lucario and Blaziken can use Evolite? I'm thinking of like a really bulky Ampharos might become viable in the higher tiers?

Edit: Omg, imagine Evolite Mewtwo in Ubers 9.9
Mega evolutions are in-battle only -- I think it's been made clear that they're separate from standard evolutions through that and other information, so I doubt they will enable Eviolite to be used on their non-Mega formes.

Do we know if the mega stones are one time use (like berries) or permanent (like the Timespace orbs)
They're likely permanent because it's been explained by the main website that the Mega Stones are hidden throughout the Kalos region and that it's a quest to find them, implying that there aren't multiple copies.

Did anyone notice this detail?
  • Mega Mewtwo is specialized in Sp. Atk while Mega Blaziken is specialized in Attack.
It's looking like Mega Mewtwo may be giving Deoxys / Deoxys-A some competition, assuming it's speed also increases as expected. It design does appear more offensively specialized and sleek.

Do we know if the mega stones are one time use (like berries) or permanent (like the Timespace orbs)
Blazikenite can't be found through normal gameplay. I assume that a character-specific item like that wouldn't be disposable. Mega Stones are definitely the new Soul Dew.
In some sort of boxing ring so probably Fighting???
What? She clearly wears rollerblades and the inside of her gym is built like a skate park. There's a screenshot from the new trailer that shows the player grinding on a rail across the gym. She's standing in what looks like the edge of a rink or a shallow bowl.
This doesn't discredit the Fighting type possibility, but there isn't a connection to boxing...at all

This makes me think, though, showcasing MegaLucario over other Mega-mons and this (possibly) Fighting-type gym leader who KNOWS about MEvo (I'm shortening Mega Evolution to MEvo from now on), may mean that one of the first MEvo'd Pokemon we'll see is MegaLucario, under the ownership of this Gym Leader.

Last edited:
They're likely permanent because it's been explained by the main website that the Mega Stones are hidden throughout the Kalos region and that it's a quest to find them, implying that there aren't multiple copies.
It would also be terrible for anyone wanting to use the event Torchic, since you'd only get 1 use of Mega Blaziken

I am wondering something. If a pokemon with there mega stone goes though mega evolution during battle and for some reason loses there mega stone for like knock off what happens? Does the pokemon downgrade or stays at its megalution?

I am wondering something. If a pokemon with there mega stone goes though mega evolution during battle and for some reason loses there mega stone for like knock off what happens? Does the pokemon downgrade or stays at its megalution?
You probably can not knock it off while transformed.
Same principle behind Giratina-O and the Arceus while holding a Plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)