Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Aqua Jet's already physical and this move is Greninja's, I'm really bummed that Water Shuriken isn't a special move. But hey, at least it's a new and not outclassed idea, unlike Mystic Flare, so yeah. Blurgh
Wait. Do we already know what Mystic Flame does?

I think Flying Press is a Fighting move that's just SE on Fighting types as well, going on how Freeze Dry works...

Yeah, but when Mega Aerodactyl comes in, it might have a completely different moveset, or one similar, but with a few moves it couldn't learn before. It might be more useful in OU, or it might suck in OU. We won't know until X and Y comes out anyway. (LOL forgot there was a reply button)

I hope Mega Aerodactyl means that GameFreak gives Aero a really good attack stat, 5 more speed, and Head Smash/Brave Bird. It's not asking for a lot...
I bet they make it basically a fast Tyrantrum clone though... Or something dumb

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Samurott is not exclusively quadrupedal, he can stand on his hind legs and use the shells on his arms like swords, real swords not crappy sea shells.
The sprites never did it justice, he is not really that different from his previous stages.
Here take a look:

As for Emboar, it's kind of hit or miss. I personally like it.
How dare you use the anime as a basis for what's canon in the games Do I have to mention the Horn again?
Also, Cameron is an idiot.

With the double type moves like Flying Press...since STAB means Same Type attack bonus, wouldn't it make sense that in order to get STAB, the user would need to match both of its types?

In the muddy water example, a vaporeon would not get STAB because it is not Water/Ground, but a Swampert or Quagsire would.
STAB is just a made up name by the community

Before everyone starts getting ridiculous with dual type speculation... If you take the description LITERALLY(meaning based on actually reading it), it would make sense that you would do half of your damage with Flying and half with Fighting.
Examples:
Flying Press against Regirock
Fighting does 2x damage and Flying does .5x
(2+.5)/2=1.25x damage

Flying Press against Parasect
Fighting does .5x dmg and Flying does 4x dmg
(.5+4)/2=2.25x damage

Flying Press against Gengar
Fighting does 0x dmg and Flying does 1x
(0+1)/2=.5x damage

Also, it is a Fighting attack so it will only receive Fighting STAB. It just happens to do half of its damage as Flying.
I am confident that this is how it works because that is PRECISELY how it reads and coincidentally offers the most balanced gameplay.
those are some weird percentages, but i think we can conclude that it's either going to do this damage or the damage i posted (0x, .5x, 2x)

the pokemon community only made an acronym for what nintendo already stated

Before everyone starts getting ridiculous with dual type speculation... If you take the description LITERALLY(meaning based on actually reading it), it would make sense that you would do half of your damage with Flying and half with Fighting.
I am confident that this is how it works because that is PRECISELY how it reads and coincidentally offers the most balanced gameplay.
The exact wording is "simultaneously".

Ludicolo is simultaneously water and grass, but when a fire move is used it is not (2+0.5)/2= 1.25 damage.

What part of the the sentence "this move is flying and fighting type simultaneously" implies to you that the damage is split an averaged instead of doing the logical thing and finding the product? The last time I checked simultaneous events are not split, they happen at the same time.

i mean, if it changed to a water/ground attack, swampert would get a 2.25x bonus, so it would do 36x damage on magcargo....please don't let it get to that
Most likely that is not the case. Looking at Flying Press, it is labeled as a fighting move, although it deals fighting/flying simultaneously. Fighting types get STAB from it, and only gains STAB from the fighting part of it, given the move label.

STAB is just a made up name by the community

Perhaps, but the acronym made up by the community came from what it does...a bonus when a pokemon's type matches the attack's type.

I'm just throwing this out there as another logical theory for how this mechanic might work. I also believe the fighting side only getting STAB based on the screenshot is a completely reasonable theory.

Until the games come out, that's all this really is. Theory.

Examples:
(2+.5)/2=1.25x damage

(.5+4)/2=2.25x damage

(0+1)/2=.5x damage

Also, it is a Fighting attack so it will only receive Fighting STAB. It just happens to do half of its damage as Flying.
"Before everyone starts getting ridiculous with dual typed speculation.........

........Let me get ridiculous with speculation first."

If Flying Press hits gengar, then I will send you a letter of apology.

Examples:
(2+.5)/2=1.25x damage

(.5+4)/2=2.25x damage

(0+1)/2=.5x damage

If we take the descriptions litterally is not half and half it says simultaneously flying and fighting damage. In my opinion it's the same as when we calculate a monotype and monodamage attack on a dual type pokemon the only difference is that now instead of calculating 2 types in defense now we calculate 2 in attack, and the only discriminant of the stab is the type of the attack. I think also we won't have the problem of muddy water being 2 types because if you see flying and fighting doesn't have a type on wich both are supereffective, it's not just a case imo and I think Game Freak has thought a lot on what dual types move to do and what not to do, to not ruin the metagame.

The exact wording is "simultaneously".

Ludicolo is simultaneously water and grass, but when a fire move is used it is not (2+0.5)/2= 1.25 damage.

What part of the the sentence "this move is flying and fighting type simultaneously" implies to you that the damage is split an averaged instead of doing the logical thing and finding the product? The last time I checked simultaneous events are not split, they happen at the same time.
I agree with your reasoning, but we need to remember that it's unlikely that even Game Freak would go with a mechanic that broken with damage multipliers into the x16-x32. Perhaps they would put a cap on it (x4-8 max maybe).

"Before everyone starts getting ridiculous with dual typed speculation.........

........Let me get ridiculous with speculation first."

If Flying Press hits gengar, then I will send you a letter of apology.
Gengar was the only one I wasn't sure of because Ghost immunity might take over everything.
However, I still highly doubt that a Fairy/Ice attack for example will deal 8x damage to Flying/Dragons... That's just too ridiculous. Fighting/Ground moves dealing 8x to Tyranitar... Yea right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)