POKECHESS ALPHA MATCH: Terrador vs. Objection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This... was not as I planned. However, take heart, everymon; we shall put our opponent in a very rough spot.

Go, Opus! Bring your considerable might to bear, and strike down the remaining hydra!

Pawn 2 to b4; engage Knight 1

Now, it's time. Unleash your rage, Opus! Let it cascade down on these bastards; let them feel your vengeance!

Draco Meteor + Draco Meteor ~ Cooldown ~ Dragon Claw
IF (Hydreigon uses Protect), THEN (Chill and push your actions down)
IF (Hydreigon uses Torment A1), THEN (Change the combo to Dragon Pulse + Hyper Beam)

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Pre-Round 1:

HP: 25
EN: 100
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 69 (-)
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 6
BST: 22
2 Recovers Remaining
5 Chills Remaining
Other: N/A

HP: 50
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 2 (-)
SpA: Rank 5
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 113 (+) (Accuracy boost: 15% (14.677011494252873563218390804598% unrounded))
Weight Class: 5
Base Rank Total: 22
Moves: 33
2 Recovers Remaining
5 Chills Remaining

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

White Knight 1 used Draconic Meteor Shower!
(563=crit=overkill)
29 damage
-4 SpA
-47 EN
Black Pawn 2 became captured!

Post-Round 1:

HP: KO
EN: KO
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 69 (-)
Weight Class: 6
BST: 22
2 Recovers Remaining
5 Chills Remaining
Other: Captured

EN: 53
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 113 (+) (Accuracy boost: 15% (14.677011494252873563218390804598% unrounded))
Weight Class: 5
Base Rank Total: 22
Moves: 33
2 Recovers Remaining
5 Chills Remaining
Other: -4 SpA

Objection, please state whether you want to take the position of the pawn, and make your move.

Nope, I'll leave that knight where it is. I have a much better plan.

You have done significant damage so far, and for that, I applaud you. But all it takes from me is one precision strike to bring down several of your pieces, and in your hasty bid to take out my remaining knight, you have allowed me to make that strike. Now prepare to meet your doom!

Bishop to H6, engage pawn at G7.

PERISH SONG - Lovely Kiss - Chill
If he uses Thunder Wave on action 1, change action 1 to Taunt and push actions back.
If he uses Safeguard on action 1, change action 2 to Ice Beam and action 3 to Ice Punch

And now for why this is such a great move to make: Perish Song affects not only the two pokemon engaged, but all pokemon adjacent to those engaged, it doesn't get blocked by Substitute or Protect, it can't be avoided with Dig or a similar move, it can't be healed by Heal Bell or Aromatherapy or blocked by Safeguard, and I think PerishTurn may soon be outlawed. The only consolation is that the Perish Song counter doesn't count down outside of engagements.

In the event that there is a sudden hotfix to this move that means it doesn't affect all the adjacent pieces, I will ask to take this move back.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Dammit Terrador, stop amking such good poimts.

Perish Song is now nerfed. It only affects Pokemon in engagements.

Objection may reorder if he so chooses.

Fair enough. Bishop to E5, engage queen at F6

Still Perish Song - Psyshock - Psychic
If he uses Hypnosis and is neither taunted nor asleep, change that action to Magic Coat and push remaining actions back.
If he uses Taunt and is neither taunted nor asleep, change that action to Magic Coat and push remaining actions back.

Damn... I got careless. You have done the same, and you shall face defeat. Nappa, hold on as long as you can--even with your dying breath, you can win the day!

Shadow Ball ~ Sucker Punch ~ Shadow Ball

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Pre-Round 1:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 127 (+)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 3
BST: 20
2 Recovers Remaining
5 Chills Remaining

Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
Spe: 95
Base Rank Total: 17
2 Recovers Remaining
5 Chills Remaining

The epic battle, which is the unveiling of a queen, begins with a deadly orb of shadows directed at the lovely lady Jynx! However, it counters with...a song? But not just any song. A Perish Song! This immortal dirge signals that both of these Pokemon will meet their doom! Not to be deterred, the Gengar Sucker Punches the woman, who attempts to deter further attacks with a deadly shock of psychic energy! However, one final orb of shadow wins the day! Or does it? While the Jynx is gone, the song still lives on!

Black Queen used Shadow Ball!
(7833=no crit)
(5921=no Sp. Def lowering)

21 damage
-5 EN

White Bishop 1 used Perish Song!
The dirge struck White Bishop 1 and Black Queen!
-15 EN

Black Queen used Sucker Punch!
(2631=no crit)
10 damage
-6 EN

White Bishop 1 used Psyshock!
(9430=no crit)
26 damage
-5 EN

Black Queen used Shadow Ball!
(3743=no crit)
(5005=
no Sp. Def lowering)
21 damage
-5 EN
White Bishop 1 became captured!

Post-Round 1:

HP: 64
EN: 84
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 127 (+)
BST: 20
2 Recovers Remaining
5 Chills Remaining
Other: Perish Song (2 Rounds)

HP: KO
EN: KO
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
Spe: 95
Base Rank Total: 17
2 Recovers Remaining
5 Chills Remaining
Other: Captured

Terrador, state whether you want to take the bishop's position and make your move.

Dammit guys the pieces that engage are supposed to capture not the other way around

Well, well... your efforts may have been successful; it's too early to judge. Nappa, take the square: we need Mia on the scene!

Take Square; Nf6

That knight will be troublesome. But hopefully I can prevent it from doing damage to anything above pawn rank.

Pawn to G4

Hrmph. You've seen the trends; both of us are hesitant to engage. If you think that I fear those Raticates, then you are a fool; besides, I can use this time for some much-needed development.

Short Castle

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
I've been informed to conclude this. Terrador has left ASB, Ullar has been banned, so that leaves rewards for Objection and myself.

Objection gains 1 CC for the 1 Pawn Captured, and 2 CC for the Knight Captured. This is added onto the 3 CC for playing for a total of 6 CC.

Dogfish44 gains 0.75 UC for every engagement. 6 engagements occurred over the match, so I gain 4.5 UC, which floors to 4 UC.

Should PokeChess ever be ran again, this test match should be referred to, but another Alpha testing match should occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)