Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, was that earlier post about Pokemon Sunday mentioning the episode that technically just aired because Sunday morning in Japan is Saturday here?

So that means that this week's episode revealed only that there's a Celebi Wi-Fi event or something, and that next week reveals something?

So that means that this week's episode revealed only that there's a Celebi Wi-Fi event or something, and that next week reveals something?
Something like that.

You wouldn't? Even though he's a stage 3 Pokemon already?
I was referring to "Nintendo giving a 4th evo line". As I said, I'm expecting a Luvdisc/Spinda/Sableye evo or Girafarig even. I really want to see a Sableye evo. Luvdisc is a maybe, seeing they are trying to make it usable w/ Aqua Jet (Although, w/ 45ish attack and a horrid move pool otherwise....it doesn't help).

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I watched Pokemon Sunday and there was some Red and Green text that seems to have been related to Pokemon Bk/W that appeared to be important at first glance, but so far everything says that nothing important happened then, but I'd still like to see this text translated because of how much excitement was put into it.

When I video comes up I guess I'll get a picture of what I'm talking about, I guess, unless a translation already exists.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
"Only".

We still have HGSS shit rolling, they weren't going to reveal much anyway. They never reveal much on first month.

I'd wait for June for more bulky information (read: that might be the time they'll reveal any "drastic" change).

Screens don't show pokes tagging along behind anymore.
I hope the backsprite they showed is fixed, very pixely at the moment.
Different screens also show different distance from the camera to the character.
I think that "move" Zoroark is doing is just the sending him in animation.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Its Pixel-y because nobody seems to want to bother to make a new mechanic for how to modify sprites to show perspective since the SNES's SuperGFX Chip days >.>

I highly doubt there will be any more remakes for a very long period of time. The remakes we have make sense for the obvious reasons (batteries dying in GSC and RBY being the original) as well as canonically. In the timeline RBY/RSE > GSC/DPPt I believe, so in keeping these timelines consistent (There being only 251 pokemon discovered in GSC while three years ago there were 380 some in RSE?) remakes would have to undo the less creaky storyline Gamefreak has been giving us. That being said I'm also afraid we won't be getting any games predating RBY (No Agatha/Oaks /: )

I think that "move" Zoroark is doing is just the sending him in animation.
lol. Nobody thought of that. Also, the ability mentioned earlier in the thread is slashed and burned if that is the case.
I don't think it is, though, because it has the same little purple stars that show up when several other dark attacks are used (i.e. Sucker Punch, Night Slash). They are hard to see, though, unless you zoom in on it (see: http://pokebeach.com/). It also has those purple blob-kinda things that show up on Dark Pulse's animation. All I'm saying, is it seems more like an attack. That doesn't make you wrong or anything....but....

Probably Dusk Ball if your right. Otherwise, they probably made a new ball/capsule.

It would be a while, if at all, but a RSE remake would be weird.
I have to admit: R/S remake would be kind of strange. Chomper the sharp tooth is probably right.

Wow, I'm totally in love with the names, to be honest.

Although I'm sure it's not going to happen, I'm hoping they make Pokemon more of a good/evil thing and make it more "grown-up" (as in, more mature topics like good/evil stuff that ISN'T a stupid enemy team). Pokemon Black and White are giving me the feeling of that, haha. And yes, I realize they sell this to kids under 13, etc. (we've been on this thread forever, we all know the arguments and stuff, no?)

I'm sort of feeling it in the screenshots, especially the city screenshot...reminds me of a film noir, dark movie. I love it.

Pokemon will always be viewed incorrectly as "the kiddie game" because of the tv show. The city screenshot with the bridge seems to be another veilstone/goldenrod city.

People still laugh at me for playing pokemon.

Aww damn, nothing from pokemon Sunday? Guess we'll have to wait til the 15th. Oh well.

People still laugh at me for playing pokemon.

Aww damn, nothing from pokemon Sunday? Guess we'll have to wait til the 15th. Oh well.
my mother think its weird i play pokemon and some guys around the 16-17 make fun of me because i play pokemon and watch the anime (heck, i love both) but i learned to just ignore those idiots and do what i always do:GOTTA CATCH THEN ALL!, that aside all i can say is that since those images were from a beta version i would not base my entire game review around that. i am just going to wait for the main game to come out and then i will decide if the game is good or not (IMO)

i'm 22 and i play pokemon
it's pretty much the only game i like, apart from MW2 on my ps3 atm
my friends think i'm weird for playing pokemon but i don't give a shit (literally rofl)
i'll play whatever i want as lon as it's not anything illegal lol

one thing i think it would be nice for gen 5 is...well some good move tutors, i mean serious, we had a string shoot move tutor in HGSS, wtf? we need a mach punch move tutor, we need a psychic cut move tutor, i wish gamefreak were to think about the move tutors they add, and if they are really useful at all, because string shoot is not useful. (btw lord in the MW2 group i posted my stuff but i dont play MW2, i play MW1 for the wii version lol)

When my friends hear about Pokemon most of them are like "OMG, I used to love that game" and a lot of them still play it. There's like five other guy's on my floor who still play GSC roms and have HGSS.

I'm thinking that move is either the end of Dark Pulse or a signature Dark status move for Zoroark. It would be at the point when the actual pulse has moved off the screen but the stars are still floating there. Kind of like firework embers. It just doesn't seem powerful enough to be the main part of an attacking move and if it were Sucker Puch or Night Slash, the stars would probably be around the opponent.

String shot: Agreed. Best tutor move. My caterpie sweeps teams. Outrage can go away.

I think tutor moves are getting annoying. Everything with an arm gets an elemental punch, so you can never be safe anymore.

string shoot move tutor in HGSS
String Shot is handy. It's like Charm and Screech. The enemy stays in and is out-sped/KOd.

People hear I play Pokemon, and simply say "It's stupid" with there only reasoning being: "the TV show". Then they go and sound nerdier then me or any other competitive battlers here when talking to their friends about World of Warcraft or Call of Duty. Nether of those games are stupid or any
thing, it's just that they shouldn't be talking.

String Shot is handy. It's like Charm and Screech. The enemy stays in and is out-sped/KOd.
So why not use Rock Tomb/Icy Wind? String Shot isn't 100% acurate anyway, BTW.

Edit: @ Eggbert: String Shot can hit Grounds, but really, I'd take Thunder Wave's 100% accuracy and permanent speed drop any day.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Someone please notify me if I'm missing any details in the first post.

Edit: Don't worry kids, once you get to university I think you'll find other Pokemon players. So many people I know are getting back into it with HeartGold and SoulSilver. I just got a bunch of them hooked onto ShoddyBattle this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)