Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings everyone! Let's examine all the previous talks that have been goin on since the last time I've been here, Hmmm. Should Breloom evolve? Well it has a very high base attack of 130, a base defense of 80 if I remember, A base speed of 70( In which If it evolves and it goes higher, then we will have some very very serious spore abusing problems!) a lower base Sp.def about 60, and low Sp.atk. So in my opinion If breloom evolves, it will probably cause spore abusing problems and his attack will be like rhyperior's 140 base attack, thus this would make him banned on the uber list(trust me, I've seen it happen before) for this reason I hope not. As for Mawile, If she evolves (like how I've been preying for) then we will have a very powerful steel type pokemon with high phisical base stats and the awesome ability intimidate, and will no doubt be an over used pokemon( as long as they don't do nothing stupid and add a stupid type like rock to ruin it's pure steel type!). But last in my opinion, If the second generation basic pokemon dunsparse evolves in fifth generation....... Then we will have one of the strongest normal type pokemon to date! In case nobody noticed, dunsparse has a HUGH move set featring ice beam for dragons, flamethrower for scizor, curse, gyro ball, calm mind, ability serene grace combo with head butt, 404 MAX HP backed with roughly base 70 defenses! DUNSPEAR will be the name of his stage 1 evolution. DUNSPARTA will be the name of his stage 2 form, and by that time he will be 550 base stat total. Meh he he he!

@Tytus
I'm not sure about that dude, all pokemon movies are based on either a legendary pokemon or like unkown, and lucario, the pokemon have to be unique. Now as for Miss Zoroark and her son Zorua(from what I've heard) they are event pokemon, thus this means shes gotta be like manaphy and phione( 600 base stat, can breed 480 base little version but it can't evolve) or like lucario at the least(in which I doubt cause you can get Lucario through normal gameplay. So she's gonna be uber or near uber, no doubt about that!

it was already checked that Zaruga got a pathetic base hp(let alone riolu wannabe) and because of that it probably got average defenses, it could have high atacking stats and speed but that wont protect from priority moves and the fact its a pure dark type, being weak to fighting and bug.

i doubt Zaruga will become top tier and i also doubt it will have a BST higher then 550 but since gamefreak enjoy trolling us(iron head jirachi) then you never know.

@Lucalibur
I think you're trying to say Zoroark and Zorua dude. You're probably right about Zoroark having high phisical attack and speed, and average defense stats. But I don't know about Zoroark NOT being top tier. pokemon sunday channel in japan introduced her shiloutte, it was the VERY first 5th generation pokemon shown. So yea, she definitley will be one of your stronger dark type pokemon!

Exactly......anyway I was happy to see that Zorua evolves to Zoruark , Im looking forward to legendaries that evolve!
I don't think it's been confirmed that Zorua evolves into Zoroark (sp?). I'm not going by the logic that "legends don't evolve", since it is Gen V and no one really knows, but the way they presented the two Pokemon makes it look like a "Riolu-Lucario" relationship, not something that would be a legend.

I wouldn't mind legendaries evolving, but that would most likely mean the Stage 0 or Stage 1 Pokemon would be so overpowered that they'd be OU (maybe). And that's kind of weird; using a NFE Pokemon in OU.

Well, what's to stop this new move from being physical? And even if it was special, Kingdra could also get it and make it work better off of his higher SpA stat.

All in all, I don't think auto-critical hit is a good idea, even if the distribution was low.
I formatted it to be Special Dark to take care of the Calm Minders that plague the metagame and to get neutral coverage on all of the Calm Minders. Special Dark is probably the least broken typing you can get, because as mentioned it won't be Physical (and thus a lot of things can't abuse it), and it doesn't really get any notable STABs (since most Pokemon that get Dark STAB are Physical, bar Houndoom and Darkrai). And I never thought of distribution, I was just pitching in an idea. If it has low distribution, but a few notable Pokemon still get it, it's a pretty solid idea to stop any stat boosters.

@Lucalibur
I think you're trying to say Zoroark and Zorua dude. You're probably right about Zoroark having high phisical attack and speed, and average defense stats. But I don't know about Zoroark NOT being top tier. pokemon sunday channel in japan introduced her shiloutte, it was the VERY first 5th generation pokemon shown. So yea, she definitley will be one of your stronger dark type pokemon!
I was hoping Zoroark would be a slow (or at least mid-speed, like base 80 to 85) with solid attacking stats are both ends of the spectrum. In a sense, a mono-Dark type that acts a slower but stronger Lucario. Maybe increasing the overall defenses would help it boost up, but it'd mainly be used as a stallbreaker, seeing as Base 85 speed outspeeds a lot of notable OU walls.

The one thing that may push it back in tiering is its ability. Illusion sounds cool in theory, but what does it do? Copy stat boosts? Copy stats? If its ability (assuming it can only get Illusion) is really stupid, it might not be the top-tier Pokemon everyone assumes it'd be.

check out the page 544, i already said i am not calling them by they original names.

smug leaf, emo clown, flying pig, Zaruga and Riolu wannabe are the names i am going to use until the oficial english ones come out. also my point still stand until her stats come out, it will be hyped at first though.

the point is that no pokemon can be top tier when we dont even know how its ability works, wait for its stats to come out, for the gen 5 metagame to start and become stable and then we will see if will be top tier.

Lol you must be joking, the stats are the most difficult shit to fix exactly because they cannot be changed. Mawile has the typing, ability and movepool already, she just needs a (cute) evolution with better stats and she's set.
He meant that the stats are an easy fix through an evolution. Read his post again.

@Tytus
I'm not sure about that dude, all pokemon movies are based on either a legendary pokemon or like unkown, and lucario, the pokemon have to be unique. Now as for Miss Zoroark and her son Zorua(from what I've heard) they are event pokemon, thus this means shes gotta be like manaphy and phione( 600 base stat, can breed 480 base little version but it can't evolve) or like lucario at the least(in which I doubt cause you can get Lucario through normal gameplay. So she's gonna be uber or near uber, no doubt about that!
they aren't legendary. this is pretty much confirmed information.

they are event only Pokemon, and nothing more. they have genders, can evolve, and will most likely be able to breed. Legendaries so far only have genders (only a small amount do) and only one of them can breed. none of them can evolve. there is no reason why you should assume Zoroark and Zorua are legendary, because they share no similarities to legendary Pokemon, outside of being obtained through an event.

@Lucalibur
I think you're trying to say Zoroark and Zorua dude.
he isn't, sadly. he's calling them different names, because he thinks he's too super awesome to use the real ones like everyone else. it's very annoying, I know.

smug leaf, emo clown, flying pig, Zaruga and Riolu wannabe are the names i am going to use until the oficial english ones come out.
Courtesy of Pokebeach (a while back, in fact) :

And last but not least, Zoroark.com was registered back in late February and now redirects to Pokemon.com. This pretty much confirms that Zoroark will keep its Japanese name for the English games. Like Manaphy, Darkrai, Reshiram, and Zekrom, special or popular Pokemon are always made into .com's and redirected to the English Pokemon website.

I don't think it's been confirmed that Zorua evolves into Zoroark (sp?). I'm not going by the logic that "legends don't evolve", since it is Gen V and no one really knows, but the way they presented the two Pokemon makes it look like a "Riolu-Lucario" relationship, not something that would be a legend.

I wouldn't mind legendaries evolving, but that would most likely mean the Stage 0 or Stage 1 Pokemon would be so overpowered that they'd be OU (maybe). And that's kind of weird; using a NFE Pokemon in OU.
-sigh- I already answered this in the last page but for god's sake here it is.....

[Btw If you can understand a little japaneese and checked out Pokemon Sunday vids im pretty sure they introduced Zorua and its Shinkamanie Zoroark(or something like that as I heard it)where "Shinka" means evolution , I think the whole term means "it's evolution" or something.]

And to prove it even more.....

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=438343

Check out the second edit there , the 2/10/2010.

one less freak for me to worry about, i was willing to call the legendarys by they japanese names anyway, still calling the starters by they nicknames though.

i still have hopes Zoroark will be part fighting, just like they cheated us with chatot i think they can do the same with other pokemons, still Zoroark better in the min brick break(CC would be nice but whatever)

@T-major
I'm predicting that she's gonna be like manaphy or darkrai T-major, but you're right, I can't know for sure yet. But I do know that pokemon company is folowing a similiar rhythm of diamond and pearl. Two opposing dragon ubers (like dialga and palkia) probably gonna introduce a middle legendary like giratina later on(like one of my friends said on YouTube, the middle dragon legendary will probably deal with the color grey) So yea, I'm just hoping that she'll be psuedo-legendary at least.

@Saif
I'm still trying to figure out what there gonna do with Zoroark's evolution line. I read that Zorua is Zoroark's son. So like I said before It could be a Manaphy/Phione thing. Pokemon movies and games twist things when it comes to evolutions, for example, one episode in pokemon series showed a mother lugia and her child, and ash had to save them from the rockets(this episode has baffled me for years, I was like FAKE!) In lucario's movie, they don't show the legendary movie lucario evolve from a riolu(from what I remember) either. So it's hard to say.

@Saif
I'm still trying to figure out what there gonna do with Zoroark's evolution line. I read that Zorua is Zoroark's son. So like I said before It could be a Manaphy/Phione thing. Pokemon movies and games twist things when it comes to evolutions, for example, one episode in pokemon series showed a mother lugia and her child, and ash had to save them from the rockets(this episode has baffled me for years, I was like FAKE!) In lucario's movie, they don't show the legendary movie lucario evolve from a riolu(from what I remember) either. So it's hard to say.
The anime is not related to the games , and Manaphy/Phione are indeed mother/child but Phione does not evolve to Manaphy , so what you're talking about is different because the serebii link I posted above was confirmed information from corocoro itself proving that Zoroark evolves from Zorua.

@Saif
From the Serebii thread mentioned:

Zoroark evolves from Zorua.
Also, the "no Riolu in Lucario movie" doesn't mean anything. Obviously it was already a Lucario when all the stuff happened.

Mawile with better stats and access to Intimidate? Sign me up as long as it doesnt evolve into a Steel/Rock Pokemon.

they are event only Pokemon, and nothing more. they have genders

Which is what I don't get. Event Zorua is male, and event Zoroark is female... why? o_O

And I'm hoping Gear is mono-Steel with his final evolution having Levitate. Because Plus and Minus are horrid abilities. D:

I know a lot of children think it is simply disgusting, but in nature things happen. This is not you and your mom we are talking about. If baby Zorua can't find a mate, and neither can mother Zoruark, this has to happen for the species to survive (even if the long term effects include DNA mutation).

Well, I understood that (even though Pokemon really isn't nature), but I didn't understand the logic behind making one male and one female. Note that I don't watch the movies or the anime, so I really wouldn't know about the mother-son thing. Assuming Zoroark is not able to breed (which is highly unlikely), is it safe to say that a female Zorua will not exist?

Oh, and is it Zoroark or Zoruark?

Thank you Kurai and Mario with lasers. I keep saying that like a broken record here. that Zoroark and Zorua have different genders and have a wierd connection that I'm not sure about. I've been to the little serebiinet thing(heck I check that very often) but even that place is slow sometimes with there information. I understand that threre's an evolution connection, but if it's like manaphy( how I predicted earlier) and it could be like you can breed zorua but they never evolve thing. or it could be like gallade/gardevoir thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)