Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning to fear that if Zoroark is anything in-game like he is in the movie, well, we're dealing with something of uber status here.
I'm hoping he's OU. So I can rock the hair-tie master against Salamence.

No wings? No worries, Zoroark doesn't need temper tantrums, just needs his long flowing hair.

Now if it's ability makes it's sprite appear as a random other pokemon, that would be awesome. Surprise, it wasn't a Machamp, it's Zoroark.
That would be cool. And as for it only being good in competitive - not if the AI gets improved! Perhaps rubbish trainers would just pay no attention to the opponent anyway, good trainers would try to exploit types, better trainers would know physical/special balance and moves to expect - and only the Elite 4 would actually consider the apparent Machamp was a Zoroark and nail you with a Focus Blast instead of the obvious Psychic.

Now if it's ability makes it's sprite appear as a random other pokemon, that would be awesome. Surprise, it wasn't a Machamp, it's Zoroark.
I think an incredible ability would change Zoroark's entry animation change.

After being sent out, Zoroark's normal sprite would appear, then it would quickly change to the Pokemon in front of the enemy's party, then second, then third Pokemon in the enemy's party. After the transformations, Zoroark would revert to it's real sprite and the battle would start.

If I was actually to propose it, I'd make it so that if Zoroark took damage it would be revealed. If it had no nickname, it's name would appear as the pokemon it was mimicking, and if it had a nickname, it would keep it's nickname.
Image how cool it would make the Metagame, by nicknaming a pokemon Zoroak it would put the opponent into a guessing game as to whether or not it is Zoroak or the real pokemon they see.

AB448

I think an incredible ability would change Zoroark's entry animation change.

After being sent out, Zoroark's normal sprite would appear, then it would quickly change to the Pokemon in front of the enemy's party, then second, then third Pokemon in the enemy's party. After the transformations, Zoroark would revert to it's real sprite and the battle would start.
Interesting idea, but I can see one of the worst (in terms of quality of arguments as well as severity) rows ever over whether or not it should be Uber.

Actually that seems nightmarish if it was OU.
Go Pancake!
You named your Raichu Pancake?
No I named my Zoroark Pancake,mwahahahahahahaha!
Oh God!I crapped myself.:naughty:
But really people auto uberness right there.

The transforming Zoroark would tend to be blatantly obvious in competitive, since much of the time it would transform into something NFE, ridiculously NU, or above the tier being played. Of course, players could use that to their advantage by actually using an obscure Pokemon, and bluffing Zoroark.

That is an amazing idea. I was racking my brain as to how this illusion power would translate into an ability, and... just wow. That would be insane!

...and a load of fun!

If that was its ability, that would launch it straight into Uber i reckon, given that it has a decent movepool and stats.

My prediction is

Zoroark
Insomnia
type: dark

base stats
100 hp
125 atk
75 def
70 spatk
100 spdef
130 spe

600 total

Gets crunch, superpower, pursuit, no elemental punches, bad special move pool, gets swords dance, no eq.

My prediction is

Zoroark
Insomnia

base stats
100 hp
125 atk
75 def
70 spatk
100 spdef
130 spe

600 total

Gets crunch, superpower, pursuit, no elemental punches, bad special move pool, gets swords dance, no eq.
Given that they are being so secretive about it's ability, I HIGHLY doubt it's an old one. It's most likely going to be a unique new ability. There are really two choices here. Either Zoroark has an ability to that shapeshifts, or it knows transform. Now which of those are most likely? Transform is nothing special or exciting at all. An ability that shapeshifts on switch in, keeping stats and type, but changing sprite? Yes please. However, that is highly unlikely, as that would make it useless for Zoroark to even have a sprite of its own.

Also, It wont have 600 base total. There is just no way. It plays a similar role to Lucario(525 BST), so I doubt they will boost it to psuedo-legendary in stats. I would personally have loved it though, cause I'd love for a new strong Dark type except T-tar, but I just can't see it happening.

With 525 BST, you can make something pretty scary. Look at this spread:

70 HP
115 ATK
75 DEF
90 SP ATK
75 SP DEF
110 SPE

Provided it has a reasonable movepool, it can be a tough physical sweeper who could theoretically go mixed as well. Having access to Nasty Plot/Swords Dance would help here.

^Sorry but that is 535 BST you have there. Funny thing is, remove the 5s on those defences, and we not only get 525 BST but also an exact copy of Lucarios numbers, just bumped around in other stats.

I was thinking that looks too much like Luke.

Also, I think Zoroark should get the elemental punches. I mean, it's got arms, if a bit small. Certainly I would hate to see it landed with the rubbishy fangs. (Then again, I think the fangs should be boosted to 75 bp, and the punches to 80 or 85.)

The transforming Zoroark would tend to be blatantly obvious in competitive, since much of the time it would transform into something NFE, ridiculously NU, or above the tier being played. Of course, players could use that to their advantage by actually using an obscure Pokemon, and bluffing Zoroark.
Imo if he's a Dark-type then just bluff an OU Poison type and make them waste a turn of Psychic or something of that nature.

The whole "Transforming" idea that everyone had was broken... to an EXTENT. It wouldn't be nearly as broken if it chose a random monster every time it was sent out as it would if it chose one at the begining of the match and stuck with it.

Considering he has his own movie and doesn't seem like a legendary, I'm guessing he will have a BST of 565. Either that, or it should be tied w/ Arcanine for the highest base stat total of all non legendary/pseudo legends.

But unless he can run a mixed set w/ 90ish Sp. Attack, than he will be dumped in UU because of Weavile.

Even if he didn't have a decent SpAtk, I don't think he will be UU because of Weavile... Weavile is weak to SR and bullet punch. Meaning it can't switch in that many times.

Also Zoroark is almost certainly getting a new useful ability as they're being so secretive.

The whole "Transforming" idea that everyone had was broken... to an EXTENT. It wouldn't be nearly as broken if it chose a random monster every time it was sent out as it would if it chose one at the begining of the match and stuck with it.
What if it transformed into a random non-fainted Pokemon in your party?

I'm thinking it's ability might be like intimidate, except with accuracy. I don't know, I was going to say it might have something like speed boost, but with evasion, except that might even be broken in ubers depending on stats.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My prediction is

Zoroark
Insomnia

base stats
100 hp
125 atk
75 def
70 spatk
100 spdef
130 spe

600 total

I'd rather have:

Zoroark
1st choice Guts / 2nd choice Natural Cure / 3rd choice Technician

base stats
100 hp
125 atk
75 def
70 spatk
130 spdef
100 spe

600 total

Guts would let Zoroark shrug off W-o-W trying to stop its pursuit. Natural Cure would let it get rid of status it's been inflicted with after pursuiting (a lot of psychic/ghost pokemon weak to pursuit like status moves a lot). Technician boosts non-fleeing pursuit.

But as others have mentioned, the ability is most likely not an old one. Anyway, insomnia is worthless on a dark pokemon (ie. a pokemon naturally owned by breloom). Even Inner Focus would be a better choice, though admittedly Inner Focus would be better for a high DEF pokemon (to stand up to Jirachi).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)