Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
yeah sure most bugs are easy to squish, but human sized bugs? not really, also, try squishing something that dodges everything

Really? Psychic always felt like the neutral type. Dark being the dicks, Psychic being neutral-esque, and Light being the good guys.

I mean what's holy/pure/etc about Psychic?
What about Cresselia?

Well, I'd like to see a new Type, and of course, a lot of new Type-combinations! Grass / Dragon would be epic *__* A new type would make competitive battling more balanced ... maybe. And what other new types could be introduced? Plastic? I think, Light is the only reasonable addition, imo :/

And it´s not 100% sure that Zoroark ist Mono-Dark imo. As someone stated before - Chatot was released as a pure Flying-Type Pkmn, but it turned out Normal / Flying. This could be because of Roost's effect (it would lose its only typing after using this move), but who knows? I still hope Zoroark will be a Dark / Fighting Pkmn =O But if it stays a pure dark pkmn, that´s not bad, because it looks like it could learn some powerful moves, like Close Combat etc. And if you've seen the Movie trailer for the 13th movie - it uses a powerful attack there (looks like a dark move) ...

#2 - Please don't try and tell me that Gamefreak has thrown common sense out the window, just because a few of their type combinations are a bit of a stretch.
#3 - So, Bug would have 4 weaknesses. Celebii has 7, and it still rocks.
Uh, yeah, they sort of have. Not "common sense" but at least they don't bother with the sense shit makes so much.

So you're suggesting to screw over bug even more instead of nerfing something that should be nerfed because it "makes logical sense" in terms of the effectiveness?

Seriously, that's just insanely dumb. Let's ruin Pokemon's gameplay in the name of real life sense!

Also, Cresselia should totally be Light/Psychic.

I really think the starters thing is pure nostalgia, because back then starters really meant something [you got one per game, no breeding, no extras, just one] and they were usually your trump card.
Well, to bad. The only way to stop that is to stop breeding entirely, and they will never do that.

Today they're kinda disposable and so they don't appear as impressive as they did back then.
I dare you to look at Green's Charizard sprite. I DARE you.

Plus today we realize most starters are shit.
Well then, go back in time.

Sereously, the newer ones are much better than the older ones.

I really doubt the three evolutions thing, I think even fusions are more likely than that.

But I agree about evos, gen4 did it really well, with a good part of them ending up being OU. Oh, and regarding the artstyle - keep hoping. I can already tell from the two we have that this is clearly gen3 inspired.
Just compare the ugly fox thing without legs to Vulpix. Or the god forsaken anorexic furry.
I like gen3's style, thank you very much. And Gen1's was horribly uncreative. Seel (no comment), Gastly (A ball of gas.), Haunter (A genaric ghost.), Geodude (a rock), Krabby (See Seel), and the large ammounts of snakes (Dragonair, Gyarados, Ekans, ect.) and balls (Voltorb, Koffing, Geodude, Gastly, ect.)

The only REALLY bad gen3 pokemon was Huntail in my opinion.

I don't feel like getting into this incredibly gay paragraph breaking commenting thing, but I'll say this:
A - You completely missed the point of my starters thing, and seem to think I suggested things I didn't. Way to argue just for the sake of arguing.
B - "Creativity" is overrated. Pokemon's charm was in its simplicity, its taking of [mostly] everyday items/animals and turning them into monsters that battle. I could draw a huge pile of crap with 100 legs, arms, and with every color of the rainbow. Would that make for a great Pokemon? No, it might be creative but it's still a fucking disaster.

Same thing about Zoroark. I'd take Krabby over some anorexic disgusting furry thing with a ponytail, a waist about to snap in half and an idiotic coloring scheme and makeup everywhere.

So yeah, not to go all pretentious on your ass but you really missed the point of designs and the beauty of simplicity.

Also
>Gyarados
>Snake

wat

if you like a pokemon or not its a pure personal matter, if you dont like zoroark then its your problem but if you are going to say he look crap then say IMO before or after the quote because they are persons that like. really no one like to get they favorite pokemons insulted for no good reason.

if you like a pokemon or not its a pure personal matter, if you dont like zoroark then its your problem but if you are going to say he look crap then say IMO before or after the quote because they are persons that like.
I think it's kind of obvious that if I like something it's an opinion.
Especially since I said |I'd take Krabby over|...

However, what isn't my opinion is that Zoroark is overly designed and a huge deviation from gen1's artstyle, which to remind you is the one that captivated most of us as children or whatever-you-were.
I feel the new style is trying to become digimon-esque and "badass", to appeal to today's kids, but in the end I feel incredibly shafted as an oldschool fan.

Then again maybe it's Gamefreak's hint that I should find a life.

or maybe they are just trying different stuff, its true that he look different and everything but its not exactly to the worst. and 1 pokemon is not going to destroy the entire pokemon universe....ok maybe arceus can do this but that is not my point. also its a fact of who came first, if zoroark had being gen 1 and a random pokemon like exeggutor was gen 5 people would naturally complain that exeggutor look ugly and shit while zoroark was the original and awesome.

I've had this argument around 10 times now, but anyway, one Pokemon is enough to realize the artstyle and whatnot that will be used in said generation.
It worked last gen, and the two before that, don't see why it won't work again.

But anyway, forget about that, Pokemon Sunday's airing in 4 hours. Disappointment or new stuff, what say you?

i dont really know, i am going to wait and see, if something good or bad will come nobody knows, all i can do is wait and see....if something bad comes...well too bad, nothing i can do about it and i am going to have to live with it, if something good comes then whatever, its just something else because really:is there anything we can about it? if a new type comes then well, lets hope it DOES something worth, if not then i at least expect gamefreak to fix the old types.

edit:maybe they will show us new pokemons and IF show up, a new type too? i dont know, what i love is the fact that every gen bring someone new to the table! new move tutors, new pokemons, new moves! new gyms! new storyline and region! EVERYTHING! it dont matter what comes and/or if will screw the metagame, has long they add a bunch of cool stuff then i am happy!

I mean look at all of them. Drifloon, sure it can 'fly' but seriously is it really like a bird (what flying was meant to be I guess). Porygon normal? Cmon! Electric even makes more sense >.>
Drifloon may not be a bird but neither is Gyarados. Gyarados was only made Flying because of a legend where a carp jumps over an arch and turns into a dragon. If you think about the weaknesses/resistances that Flying adds, Flying actually makes a lot of sense on Drifloon. You can pop a balloon with a Rock and it being weak to Electric and Ice makes as much sense as a bird being weak to Electric and Ice. (I think it's because if you Paralyze/Freeze something while it's in the air, it'll crash.)

Rayquaza is Flying because it's supposed to be the ruler of the skies and there's absolutely no reason to make an Air type.

Porygon is Normal because it changes its type. The really adaptable Pokemon like Kecleon and Ditto are also Normal, so it fits perfectly for Porygon as well.

)]I read that the coro-coro article mentioned something about "third evolutions" which would mean some pokes would get four stage evolution-lines (Charizard, for example. is a 2nd evolution).
Let's just hope they're not fatter versions of their prevolution.

@Artix: If you've noticed through all the generations, there are different looks for pokemon to please all kinds of audiences. Cute, cool, wierd, large, small, and everything in between. Just because you don't like one pokemon doesn't mean that there's not going to be some good ones in the new generation.

@Lucaliber: I'll have to agree with you there. The new generation should either patch up some bad types on the chart, or add a new type or two to balance it out a little more. I, for one, am an advocate for new types beyond the view of balancing the type chart, but I'm not going to argue about it. It's just my oppinion.

And Air type rocks.

That is all.

Regarding what others have said about new types, I've been thiking about the possibility of a "Space" typing for some time, and it doesn't seem to be that rediculous when you think about it. Pokemon like Solrock, Clefable and others easily fit the bill, and we've already seen some type changes for Pokemon in-between generations, like Magnemite in RBY --> GSC.

Regarding what others have said about new types, I've been thiking about the possibility of a "Space" typing for some time, and it doesn't seem to be that rediculous when you think about it. Pokemon like Solrock, Clefable and others easily fit the bill, and we've already seen some type changes for Pokemon in-between generations, like Magnemite in RBY --> GSC.
Yeah but the total list for these Space-typed Pokemon would be very limited, and what purpose would a new type like Space hold? Remember that the Steel- and Dark-types were made to balance the dominance of Psychic- in the first Generation.

I just personally hope Gamefreak will not install a new type in Black / White.

-Terywj

As others have said, that was adding a type, not changing. Unless they add tri-types, Solrock couldn't become "Space" without doing something unheard of over all four gens.

On an unrelated note, I hope they either fix Magneton's evolution requirement or put Mt. Coronet into gen 5, because otherwise that's just absurd they'd make something you can only evolve in three games that can't be freely imported and likely will lose compatibility alltogether in a couple of years.

Maybe I didn't phrase what I wanted so well, but meh.

Btw, as Steel- and Dark-types were meant to stop Psychic types, maybe Space type could stop Dragon types? It's logical, as, uh I don't know, they're immune to meteors or something lol.

Remember, these are just thoughts. They can happen although it's addmitedly unlikely. Hell, you'd might be surprised =3

As others have said, that was adding a type, not changing. Unless they add tri-types, Solrock couldn't become "Space" without doing something unheard of over all four gens.

On an unrelated note, I hope they either fix Magneton's evolution requirement or put Mt. Coronet into gen 5, because otherwise that's just absurd they'd make something you can only evolve in three games that can't be freely imported and likely will lose compatibility alltogether in a couple of years.
We've seen a cave that appears to be electric in some way, so there you go.

As for stupid new types like Space or Sound, you need to think of how they would affect the game. If they're not going to do anything, they won't be bothered with. And they aren't going to happen.

In fact, if we were going to get any new types, then Generation 5's "poster boy" wouldn't be Zoroak-- it'd be something that would advertise those new types to get players psyched for the game.

I really don't see what the obsessions with new types is. They are not at all needed and the types being raised just seem pointless. Light type? Dark was introduced to counteract Psychic. There is your counterpart, so no need for that there. And Sound type just because the theme of Light type is lurking around? They are pointless and unnecessary. I'd love to see the type charts get a re-vamp, just to make Poison a little less shit, but even then that's not even that necessary. They'll introduce new moves with new effects that'll completely change the current metagame more than enough to not warrant new type introduction.

As for the new looks of the Pokémon, I personally quite like Zoroark. There are a lot of pre-existing Pokémon which look a lot worse than he does. While the Gen 1 Pokémon will always hold something for me, even when they were new there were some Pokémon I literally couldn't stand and still don't. Hello Mr. Mime and Jynx! Three generations have came since then, and while I don't like some of them and others don't feel like Pokémon to me, nothing will ever beat my resentment for those two.

I still think the big change isn't going to be the battles, or new types or anything crazy like that. It seems to keep being forgotten about but the usual story of 8 badge, Team Blarh and then Champion is as big a part of Pokémon as the types and battles. If the main games were to get a proper story re-vamp, then that'd make you think, "Wow, was that actually Pokémon?". That is where I see the big change coming from. We've seen, all be it, a glimpse of the battles with Zoroark and friend and it looks pretty similar to what we have already. I also think if new types were going to be introduced, they'd play a part in the movie and they'd be the poster child of the 5th gen, rather than Zoroark. They use the anime (movies at least) a lot more than they did for the games back when they were introduced.

My gen 5 wish list is as follows;
1. Better Poison type (SE against Water and Fighting?)
2. Stealth Rock taken down a peg. I like my Fire and Ice types and would like to be able to use them.
3. A plentiful and origional in game story with as much to do after as Johto has.
4. Magmortar with a Fire equivalent of Motor Drive. Fuck Flareon!
5. Better Wifi. While the Giratina, Dialga and Palkia filled teams on the Wii are a treat, the option to get random battles but different areas of the game only allow certain Pokémon. Sort of like the battle tower ban list, but with a team of 6 and the ability to use more than one leftovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)