Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - Release 19th Nov 2021

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Candice & Volkner's aces are being presented as Abomasnow & Luxray, which is what they're aces were in DP so...
Hey hey hey lets not come to any drastic conclusions, it could still be incredibly likely that they use Platinum mons; i mean, you see Volkner’s DP team, right? You dont seriously think they’d pull that stunt again when they fixed it in Platinum?

By the way, Candice's ice puzzle seems to be unchanged, which wouldn't be notable... except for the fact the player's movement seems to not be tile-based, like all the other Switch games.

How is it going to work, then?

By the way, Candice's ice puzzle seems to be unchanged, which wouldn't be notable... except for the fact the player's movement seems to not be tile-based, like all the other Switch games.

How is it going to work, then?
likely it affixes you to the nearest tile and sends you forward.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Oh thank the lord we finally got a competent remix of Cyrus' theme!! AND THE FULL MIX OF THE LAKE THEME IS ABSOLUTELY POPPING OFF HOLY

AYOOOO PLATINUM OUTFITS

Mystery Gift unfort but hey, it's something I suppose
I mean that isn't the best news honestly. That means that after Feb 22 next year the opportunity to get those outfits is gone. I thought they would be available forever through the Veilstone Style Shop.

Hey hey hey lets not come to any drastic conclusions, it could still be incredibly likely that they use Platinum mons; i mean, you see Volkner’s DP team, right? You dont seriously think they’d pull that stunt again when they fixed it in Platinum?
I hate to be negative but I think at this point there's a better than 50% chance.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I mean that isn't the best news honestly. That means that after Feb 22 next year the opportunity to get those outfits is gone. I thought they would be available forever through the Veilstone Style Shop
Oh I don't disagree with that. I would've much preferred if they made them permanently available in the shop in some form or another. As I said, the fact that they're rendering them as limited time Mystery Gifts is indeed unfortunate. On the other hand, I suppose it's better than nothing and at least I'm not paying a fee for them or it being rendered a pre order bonus so it could've been worse. A shame I have to say that, but many things in Pokemon end up less than ideal given their track record because of those fools lmao, so I'll take what I can get with this.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Neat thing I saw: Candice's Abomasnow uses Blizzard, yes? Seems obvious considering it's the Snow Warning mon. Well, apparently not for the DPPt devs since her Abomasnow didn't have the move in either of those games! Its only Ice STAB was Avalanche. This is the second moveset upgrade we've seen for boss fights thus far (the first was Roark's Geodude with Rollout). Wonder if Galactic admins and/or Cyrus got changed

Neat thing I saw: Candice's Abomasnow uses Blizzard, yes? Seems obvious considering it's the Snow Warning mon. Well, apparently not for the DPPt devs since her Abomasnow didn't have the move in either of those games! Its only Ice STAB was Avalanche. This is the second moveset upgrade we've seen for boss fights thus far (the first was Roark's Geodude with Rollout). Wonder if Galactic admins and/or Cyrus got changed
I'm guessing Jupiter's Skuntank used Snarl and Saturn's Toxicroak used Toxic. Purugly's move just looks like Scratch and Weavile's is kind of vague but could just be Slash, really unsure though. Meteor Mash looks cool. Volkner's Luxray's move is probably Crunch.
It's a bit weird that the mystery gifts at the end of the video mention that the gifts may require update data to receive, like that Mystery Gift might not even be added in the base game.

EDIT:
Weavile's trailer move is probably not Night Slash, there's a picture on the Japanese site closer to the animation. For some reason they don't link to Weavile from Cryus's page like every other trainer/mon added.
1635263302971.png

Also there's a new earlygame screenshot of the other protagonist's room in Sandgem, notably Dawn doesn't have a hat here.

EDIT 2: Late but Meteor Mash Lucario was added as an eggmove in USUM and levelup move in SWSH so this is another moveset up to date with Gen 8.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Jupiter's Skuntank used Snarl and Saturn's Toxicroak used Toxic. Purugly's move just looks like Scratch and Weavile's is kind of vague but could be Slash. Meteor Mash looks cool.
It's a bit weird that the mystery gifts at the end of the video mention that the gifts may require update data to receive, like that Mystery Gift might not even be added in the base game.
you need update data because online functionality requires an update

you need update data because online functionality requires an update
Only the new Platinum page uses different wording to mention the update specifically though.
https://diamondpearl.pokemon.com/en-us/shop/platinum-outfit-bonus/
"It takes approximately two hours of play time before you are able to access the Mystery Gift function. Receiving this perk may require installing update data that will be released on or after the release date. An internet connection is required to install update data. A Nintendo Switch Online membership (paid separately) is NOT required to install update data."

https://diamondpearl.pokemon.com/en-us/shop/manaphy-bonus/
"You can receive your Egg by choosing Get via Internet from the Mystery Gift function in the game until February 21, 2022. By putting it into your party and carrying it around on your adventure through the Sinnoh region, you’ll be able to hatch the Egg and gain Manaphy as a companion.

An internet connection is required to receive the Manaphy Egg, but a Nintendo Switch Online subscription (paid) is not required.

It takes approximately two hours of play time before you are able to access the Mystery Gift function."

Only the new Platinum page uses different wording to mention the update specifically though.
https://diamondpearl.pokemon.com/en-us/shop/platinum-outfit-bonus/
"It takes approximately two hours of play time before you are able to access the Mystery Gift function. Receiving this perk may require installing update data that will be released on or after the release date. An internet connection is required to install update data. A Nintendo Switch Online membership (paid separately) is NOT required to install update data."

https://diamondpearl.pokemon.com/en-us/shop/manaphy-bonus/
"You can receive your Egg by choosing Get via Internet from the Mystery Gift function in the game until February 21, 2022. By putting it into your party and carrying it around on your adventure through the Sinnoh region, you’ll be able to hatch the Egg and gain Manaphy as a companion.

An internet connection is required to receive the Manaphy Egg, but a Nintendo Switch Online subscription (paid) is not required.

It takes approximately two hours of play time before you are able to access the Mystery Gift function."
I'm just willing to chalk it up to not consistently applying disclaimer text, honestly.

Candice is my favorite Gen 4 Gym Leader but she looks kinda pale. I was honestly a little bit excited after seeing Sir Aaron and Gardenia in the trainer and how smooth the models looked. Now they look like plastic again.

No matter how long you have been playing Pokémon, I don’t understand how anyone couldn’t call Cipher Head Evice from Pokémon Colosseum difficult.
:psysly:

Good point, I totally forgot that. Now I wonder what's actually down there still, maybe just a physical location to access or unlock the online room from initially.

This video has a few seconds of catching a Pokemon at the start. It may just be edited down, but there's not as much delay on the ball staying frozen in the air as the first trailer had.

EDIT: This has definitely been sped up in actual gameplay as it's also present in recent preview footage.
View attachment 379545
Also minor thing I noticed, they unfaithfully renamed the classic FIGHT option to Battle.

EDIT 2:
It seems that the Galactic Grunt money payout has been increased from a base of $40 to $72 (times the level of the last pokemon). This video shows the actual defeat of a Grunt, with a $648 payout and the last mon being a level 9 Silcoon. In the original games, this grunt apparently yielded $360.

The video also mentions the existence of shiny statues for the underground.

EDIT 3:
This video mentions that apparently "every move has been reanimated" and they were told "Hyper Beam looks especially awesome". I can believe that there are at least some changes since Thunderbolt looked different and even Scratch looks slightly changed in that footage.
This tweet I found shows some more comparisons. Also seems like Chimchar's idle animation is different, bobbing twice on one side instead of constantly shifting.
Chimchar is vibing like a Gen 5 mon lmao.

I ain't gonna lie, it's cute and fits it pretty well, even though it's a bit silly-looking.
Candice & Volkner's aces are being presented as Abomasnow & Luxray, which is what they're aces were in DP so...
Loppuny and Steelix Flint are BACK!!!
Wonder if Galactic admins and/or Cyrus got changed
Pretty sure Jupiter's demonic Skuntank used Snarl.

Let's see what happens... Intimidate Staravia isn't really that useful against it anymore... Maybe the game is saved?

Candice is my favorite Gen 4 Gym Leader but she looks kinda pale.
She doesn't strike me as a beach fan...

Especially considering the options she got in Snowpoint. :psysly:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)