Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - Release 19th Nov 2021

Look I'm just gonna say it plainly
this guy is at Maylene, I feel almost guaranteed that he has not been there which opens it to he misread &/or misremembered the battle tower.

There is zero reason to take this at face value at this juncture
The video was posted >2 hours ago, and he posted that comment 25 minutes ago. I also think he might've mistaken it but there is a chance he's gotten farther than Maylene, although we're not sure (also I have no idea when you can even access or see the Tower/Frontier anyway)

The video was posted >2 hours ago, and he posted that comment 25 minutes ago. I also think he might've mistaken it but there is a chance he's gotten farther than Maylene, although we're not sure (also I have no idea when you can even access or see the Tower/Frontier anyway)
the post game

1636264070213.png
1636264014373.png

Basically he could just post a picture of the Town Map if it's still visible immediately.
EDIT: He has a discord invite in the comments and it seems like we'll get an answer either way soon.
1636264306830.png

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
There are actually two ways he could prove himself

1) Show Battle Frontier label on the map
2) Show the "Have you heard of the Battle Frontier?" NPC that pops up when you enter Hearthome
NGL, I hope it's the second one because it's not proof after ORAS and I'd love to make snow angels in all the salt. Actually, neither is proof because it could be under construction and just have the Tower.
He used the void glitch duh
I think being that faithful would kill all the complaints about the game being way too faithful.

Edit: The map made salt quick! :D *flops into salt*

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm waiting for Flint's team to be datamined
And Candice and Volkners.

Like, it feels so weird that Pokemon fans are like this, considering when other games like say, Tales of Vesperia or a ffvi game gets remade, people arent bashing it for nothing nee being added. I saw something similar when oras was released and thry only had the battle tower. It just feels super bizzare
&

Hmm, let me put it a different way: With the other pokemon remakes they tended to add the Gimmick of the Gen, like battle frontier, Megas, etc. This one they advertised and been promoting it to be extremely faithful to the original games, with obvious updated tweaks like type changes, new music, and more. They didnt false advertise anything, they were up front with everything thus far, so I fail to understand the letdown for things they never even hinted to add.
I guess the difference is how past remakes were handled. From what I understand Tales of Vesperia and the various FF6 remakes are essentially ports with updated graphic/new art style. They not only weren't meant to change anything but there was also no precedence with previous game remakes that they were expected to for more.

That's where Pokemon is different. Previous remakes weren't just the same game but with better graphics and updated mechanics, they also added new content to expand upon what was already there (meanwhile big RPGs like Tales & FF are already pretty expansive in their world). FRLG added the Sevii Islands, HGSS expanded the roles and identity of many characters and made a much improved Kanto, ORAS was essentially a revision of the Gen III games since the Pokemon World had changed in such a major way with the recent games of the time. Even Let's Go added some new twists here and there so that it wasn't just Yellow Version but one version you get an Eevee and there's no Wild Battles.

However BDSP is the first remakes to, oddly enough, just be a remake with a few added mechanics that doesn't change much (or at most semi-add in the Platinum content... instead of just adding in the Platinum content). The concept of previous remakes was essentially current gen but a past region (Gen III but Kanto, Gen IV but Johto, Gen VI but Hoenn). BDSP not only didn't fulfill that expectation, but it went out of the way to try and REGRESS from that expectation. People wanted Gen VIII but Sinnoh (preferably Platinum's Sinnoh), instead they got 3D sprite recreations of the vanilla Sinnoh DS games. And that is very disappointing, doesn't matter if GF didn't promise it, and GF knew that.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there were some serious vision conflicts going on amongst the BDSP staff.
Yeah, ILCA Vs Masuda. At least I'm hoping that at least ILCA wanted to make a better game, but these odd decisions reek of Masuda deciding to experiment on what GF essentially sees as a side game.

I always have a hard time depicting Fire as a "needed" type as it's one of my least used types in playthroughs.
Not a Fire Starter user, huh?

THE BATTLE ZONE IS FUCKING COVERED
Okay that's actually kind of funny. :bloblul:

I strongly suspect it was a mandate from gamefreak that ILCA not be allowed to touch the "proper" game. I'm not even sure thats just from Masuda, I suspect anyone overseeing them would have done the same. I don't think it was even an experiment, I think they just did not want a third party changing the "real" game to any extent.

They could tweak and change things surrounding that but I doubt they ever even got the chance to make changes to the rest of it.

e: Charitably, this was to cut down on development time and give guidance to people who have just never once made a game on the level of Pokemon.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I just hope the dude posts about any movepool changes. We know Turtwig gets Leafage so they're tweaking moves.

I'm particularly curious on Mystical Fire and Extrasensory Drifblim - those two mvoes are confirmed for it in Legends, so I'm wondering if they're doing all the movepool expansions at once or if they're splitting the expansions between games

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)