Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - Release 19th Nov 2021

What's the point on complaining that the game is too easy, and at the same time clomplain that you can't click Earthquake/Stone Edge 5 times against an Elite 4 member because it doesn't have 5 fire-types?
Well with Flint's team you're still probably doing that, just 4 times instead of 5 depending on which one you're spamming. Or all 5 with no changes with Surf.

if Flint's going to be easy either way I'd prefer if he at least stayed on brand. Maybe spread around some items if yo ureally want to throw people off. Air Balloon, Shuca Berry, etc.

Tell me you've never seen a good monotype team without saying it outright. :psysly:
Don't get me wrong, a good monotype team is completely possible. Hell, look at Crasher Wake. Gyarados and Quagsire cover each other's weaknesses perfectly. In B2W2's Challenge Mode, you got Cheren's Pidove covering the Fighting weakness. Could they have given Volkner a Rotom? Absolutely! I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't particularly mind a Gym Leader going off-type if it makes the battle more interesting.

Well with Flint's team you're still probably doing that, just 4 times instead of 5 depending on which one you're spamming. Or all 5 with no changes with Surf.

if Flint's going to be easy either way I'd prefer if he at least stayed on brand. Maybe spread around some items if yo ureally want to throw people off. Air Balloon, Shuca Berry, etc.
Having a team that is 60% non-Fire types IS on-brand for Flint, the Fire-type master. He knew the best way to use Fire types is to not use many of them.

Tell me you've never seen a good monotype team without saying it outright. :psysly:
It is admittedly harder to make a good monotype team with only one regional dex of mons since they often rely on rare type combinations. Which is a great reason for there to be leader/E4 rematches after the full dex has been unlocked.

It is admittedly harder to make a good monotype team with only one regional dex of mons since they often rely on rare type combinations. Which is a great reason for there to be leader/E4 rematches after the full dex has been unlocked.
Lemme freestyle something real quick... Volkner could have...

Jolteon, Raichu, Magnezone, Rotom, Luxray and Electivire.

3 of these outright got Ice/Water coverage, with Luxray even having Intimidate to soften the blow, Rotom has alternate forms to round off coverage, and Levitate to avoid EQ spam. Magnezone is a good generic wall mon. Jolteon is kinda flexible as a lead.

Factoring items, there really shouldn't be a reason why you can't cook a good team out of this.

Btw, if the leaker doesn't have Nat. Dex yet, but he could've caught a Hoothoot in the Underground, that means you can get Expansion Dex mons before that. I guess that it'll be a separate dex like what IoA/CT got.

Btw, if the leaker doesn't have Nat. Dex yet, but he could've caught a Hoothoot in the Underground, that means you can get Expansion Dex mons before that. I guess that it'll be a separate dex like what IoA/CT got.
Well, hoot hoot isn't a national dex pokemon. It's 106 in the sinnoh dex.

but beyond that I think they could just not be numbered until you get the national dex. THat's how DPPt worked, anyway, if you traded in a Pokemon early

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
What's the point on complaining that the game is too easy, and at the same time clomplain that you can't click Earthquake/Stone Edge 5 times against an Elite 4 member because it doesn't have 5 fire-types?
No way you can actually solo Flint with your rock type or non-garchomp ground. Most of those stab users are slow as balls, like Rhyperior and Rampardos. You’d get absolutely fried by the Solar Beams and Sun Boosted Flare Blitzes if your name is Gliscor. Unless you’re rocking some crazy EV training sessions, Flint shouldn’t be THAT easy anyways.

Still don’t get why people complain about Pokemon being easy. I don’t play it for the difficultly. I play Pokemon for, well, the Pokemon! Anyways, cool that Cynthia has Gastrodon IG. If they have Platinum rematches it’s even better, so i’ll just wait until next video i suppose.

I really wonder how complex the statue system of the Grand Underground will be. Hopefully less than the HGSS Safari Zone, even though I think it will use a similar system.

Something like X amount of large Water-type statues and Y amount of small Psychic-type will cause Slowpoke to appear in the Water area at a 5% rate.
I really need to know more about this as well. I get that stuff like Eevee and Gligar will be available via Underground but how arduous is the process to obtain them? The Underground is basically what is meant to salvage this game not using the Platinum regional dex so how they have implemented this will be absolutely critical.

Both of these were expected. Disappointing, but expected. I'm very curious to know what the Elite Four move sets are considering how they generally knocked it out of the park with the Gym leaders.

That and Gym/Elite Four rematches are the main questions remaining for me.

Actually, the expectation was that Cynthia would be using her Platinum team, due to a Switch case coming out with her Platinum team featured on it.
All the merch "leaks" were grabbed on like the last parachute out of a falling plane. That was sad af to watch.

I really need to know more about this as well. I get that stuff like Eevee and Gligar will be available via Underground but how arduous is the process to obtain them? The Underground is basically what is meant to salvage this game not using the Platinum regional dex so how they have implemented this will be absolutely critical.
Not trying to doompost but...

It's not looking good bro... :psycry:

wrt to the undergound, I suspect it's at least a little complex considering there seems to be thing on variations, size, typing, etc of the statues
And we know we get them out of digging them up (though I suspect you can buy them too)
And there seems to be something to locations

I kind of figure we won't really know the nuts & bolts of what Pokemon correspond to where until we get to datamining.

Nice to see a place where conversation on BDSP is actually constructive and not unbearably toxic. Going onto Twitter right now is like walking into a warzone (though i guess that's to be expected from twitter lol).

Staying on topic, I wanna talk about the leaks. Just remember that Centro was also the group that told us to "keep our expectations for the Pokemon Presents video very very low" in August and said the Switch Pro was "being announced tomorrow or today" months ago. I stopped believing them a long time ago, and it's clear if you scroll through their tweets for more than half a nanosecond that they're obviously part of that "fuck bdsp even though the game isn't out yet lolol" hive mind, so when they say "No new forms, moves, megas, characters, events, or anything so far," I have my suspicions about that. Of course I'm not expecting megas to return, but a guy can hope, right?

I guess I want to ask what you guys think about the leaks. Are you satisfied with what was shown?
because of centro's obvious bias against bdsp, i have reason to believe that they may or may not be hiding potentially cool stuff. they clearly have access to tons of insider information, so they're fully able to share it if they want to, and i have a feeling that they're choosing not to

Could someone bug the guy to ask him to talk with NPCs that have pokemon following next to them. We've seen 2 from pre-release footage, a hiker with a gastly along route 210 (I believe) and a psychic (? ace trainer?) with a girafarig in veilstone

I have a suspicion they give either statues or stickers, probably as a reward for having the appropriate pokemon following.

I guess I want to ask what you guys think about the leaks. Are you satisfied with what was shown?
Considering what I think is #1 priority (when you get Box Link) was not revealed... nope. I'm not really interested in what is already known.

Looking that up on Wikipedia to see if we can use this as any sort of hint... apparently it's an invasive species. That... sounds strangely apt for Pal Park, considering its whole schtick was importing Pokémon from past games, many of which were not native to Sinnoh. But surely it can't serve a similar function in this day and age...?
Personally I think this park will probably just let you get regional formes.

Nice to see a place where conversation on BDSP is actually constructive and not unbearably toxic. Going onto Twitter right now is like walking into a warzone (though i guess that's to be expected from twitter lol).

Staying on topic, I wanna talk about the leaks. Just remember that Centro was also the group that told us to "keep our expectations for the Pokemon Presents video very very low" in August and said the Switch Pro was "being announced tomorrow or today" months ago. I stopped believing them a long time ago, and it's clear if you scroll through their tweets for more than half a nanosecond that they're obviously part of that "fuck bdsp even though the game isn't out yet lolol" hive mind, so when they say "No new forms, moves, megas, characters, events, or anything so far," I have my suspicions about that. Of course I'm not expecting megas to return, but a guy can hope, right?

because of centro's obvious bias against bdsp, i have reason to believe that they may or may not be hiding potentially cool stuff. they clearly have access to tons of insider information, so they're fully able to share it if they want to, and i have a feeling that they're choosing not to
I think the DP teams are more interesting than the Platinum teams, especially with more creative sets though Baton Pass in the originals was beyond its time. Overall I thought the video content was solid, but he let us down with Flint and barely used any optional content. There might be new leakers rising up, but this guy did show us the bulk of the campaign and the map, so I say it could have been worse and it was more of an impression than I expected in that short time. I've noticed a lot of these have also been widely misinterpreted with random people saying the game crashed when Torterra was learning Earthquake or that following pokemon are mandatory. I don't think Centro knows anything more than we do.

Could someone bug the guy to ask him to talk with NPCs that have pokemon following next to them. We've seen 2 from pre-release footage, a hiker with a gastly along route 210 (I believe) and a psychic (? ace trainer?) with a girafarig in veilstone

I have a suspicion they give either statues or stickers, probably as a reward for having the appropriate pokemon following.
There's also a Floatzel guy in a pool from a commercial.
1636406616866.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)