Pokemon Copper and Brass art request

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm making plans for making my own pokemon game, or pair/trio of them, actually. This site seems to be populated by intelligent people who would be great to have nearby while doing such a project, so I'm probably going to use the social groups system this site has to make a base of operations for my project at some point. But that's not what this is about. This is about me needing people who can art competently.

These games will have a pokedex of 400 pokemon. 80% of those are already-existing pokemon, but I have still made 80 of my own pokemon in 42 different families. The problem is, I can't draw. I can maybe scratch up a few not-horrible sketches if I really try, but I really want someone who can draw good to bring my concepts to life in a way that I simply can't.

So how about it? Would any of you be willing to lend a pen to the illustration of a couple dozen original pokemon?

If you are, here are a few ones to get you started. Note that all of the names are prototype names; if you can think of better names, feel free to suggest them!

#21: Procoon
Type: Normal
Stats: HP 40, Atk 50, Def 40, S.Atk 35, S.Def 40, Spd 40
Ability: Run Away
Evolution: Lupune (Lv.19)

#22: Lupune
Type: Normal
Stats: HP 65, Atk 75, Def 65, S.Atk 40, S.Def 65, Spd 65
Ability: Run Away
Evolution: Arahkunem (Lv.37)

#23: Arahkunem
Type: Normal/Dark
Stats: HP 80, Atk 95, Def 80, S.Atk 70, S.Def 80, Spd 80
Ability: Cursed Body

I decided that I needed a common nocturnal pokemon, and with Pidgey and Taillow/Spearow (depending on the version) already around, I didn't want a third early-game bird that Hoothoot would be. So I made these raccoon pokemon. Unlike Zigzagoon (who's not in this game anyway), this pokemon is deliberately a nocturnal pokemon, and even before becoming a full-on Dark type in it's final from, can learn some shadowy moves, like Faint Attack, Embargo, and Hypnosis.

I remember reading that raccoons are actually more closely related to canines like dogs and wolves that anything else, and I'd like for the pokemon to have some dog-like qualities alongside the raccoon qualities.

"Arahkunem" is actually the old native american word that the word "raccoon" comes from. I have the idea of this final form having a few aspects of the Blaz Blue character Arakune, because it's pun. This is why it becomes dark-type, and why it gets the cursed body ability (which I am making so that it will also cause it to use the ghost-type version of curse). It should still primarily be a raccoon pokemon, though.

----

#85: Forfic
Type: Bug/Poison
Stats: HP 35, Atk 95, Def 45, S.Atk 15, S.Def 45, Spd 55
Ability: Hyper Cutter / Intimidate
Evolution: Dermadact (Lv.23)

#86: Dermadact
Type: Bug/Poison
Stats: HP 60, Atk 140, Def 60, S.Atk 45, S.Def 60, Spd 77
Ability: Hyper Cutter / Intimidate

This game has a lot of pokemon that you unearth. Not only are there lots of pokemon that only appear under boulders that you Rock Smash (like Geodude even!), but there are some pokemon that you can dig up from loamy soil using dig. This is one of the former. Aside from the ever-common Geodude, this is likely to be one of the first pokemon you can find under rocks.

When I was little, I loved to pick up rocks and look at all the bugs underneath. The one that always caught my eye was this long black bug with pincers on it's rear end, which I later found was called an earwig. So, when I was looking for a pokemon to be fund under rocks, an earwig pokemon seemed like a natural choice to me. I was always afraid to touch them because those pincers on it's rear looked like they could mess me up something nasty, which is why these pokemon have intimidate.

In other news, look at the retarded attack stat on this thing. Dermadact is part of a three-way tie for highest physical attack of any non-legendary in this game. The other two are also pokemon I made, which will come later. I know someone will want to mention it's awful defenses (Rampardos all over again, but even worse), but that's not the point.

----

#136: Scabab
Type: Bug/Fire
Stats: HP 35, Atk 10, Def 85, S.Atk 73, S.Def 85, Spd 20
Ability: Solar Power
Evolution: Scabeidi (Lv.31)

#137: Scabeidi
Stats: HP 50, Atk 15, Def 120, S.Atk 90, S.Def 120, Spd 35
Ability: Solar Power
Evolution: Kheprico (Sun Stone)

#138: Kheprico
Stats: HP 70, Atk 20, Def 130, S.Atk 110, S.Def 130, Spd 45
Ability: Solar Power / Drought

My desert route was rather sparsely populated, With Baltoy moved to the ruins and Trapinch being something you dig up. I wanted a drought user that wasn't Groudon, and Ninetales wasn't quite what I had in mind (I decided to buff Ninetales' stats instead). I wanted a pokemon that evolved via Sun Stone that wasn't a grass type. And it all came together into this.

The Egyptians were pretty cool guys, they made the Sphinxes and weren't afraid of anything (Related: I made a pair of Legendaries based on Sphinxes. Details coming far down the line.). They also believed that Scarab Beetles were an avatar of a Sun God named Khepri. So that's what these guys are. Scarab Beetles with sun powers.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You'd probably be better asking here. Threads without content are not allowed, but if you amass a group of people willing to draw or sprite then you can post a project thread here.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was gonna let this get ignored and buried naturally to show that no artist worth their salt would be willing to work on a project that shows signs of apparently little to no payoff. But I guess locking it is a way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)