Pokemon Day Presents 2024 - Pokemon LZA 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone earlier mentioned the letter Z had scales and A had roots/tree-like features in the Z-A logo.

So I'm seeing in the logo a big snake coiled around a tree - like Jormungandr coiling around the world tree, tying in with Yveltal and Xerneas being a reference to the stags and the eagle atop the world tree.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
highly doubt it - or at least, not in an official capacity - given that Megas being back in a Legends game is solely because it doesn't disrupt the vgc balance

(But I could see them allowing friendly battles maybe? they had trading in PLA so)
Since when has GF actually cared about balance outside of some token gestures. I can totally see them throwing Megas back into the meta.

I could see LZA being nearly entirely in the city to address the issues with 3d games that it's hard to flesh out the towns/cities and they end up feeling bare. I would expect at least a decent number of buildings to be explorable and not just menus, but not sure how expansive they can make it.

I could also see them adding a bunch of parks to the city to add some "wild"-esque regions if we really don't venture outside the city.
1709051892564.jpeg

Based on the map it looks like each plaza will have a bit more uniqueness to them than the pokeball shape if they want to use those as park type areas that could be expanded on to make them more useful as landmarks. They might also be good spots to put random legendary encounters like the snacks in the case that the game does fully take place in the city, like you could have a rumour saying there's a Lava Dome Pokemon in Jaune Plaza for some reason.

highly doubt it - or at least, not in an official capacity - given that Megas being back in a Legends game is solely because it doesn't disrupt the vgc balance

(But I could see them allowing friendly battles maybe? they had trading in PLA so)
Legends uses a different battle system, it's gonna be a separate format.

so the simplest hint ("kalos game because kalos legends aren't available") was the true one after all. good move to be honest. megas in a game that IS main, but isn't the actual competitive game of the gen is definitely the move (unpopular but i do not miss megas in competitive at all and i hope paradoxes go the same way).

I wonder how much Alola content we'll get in this game. Obviously the two regions are far apart going by their real-world counterparts, but Zygarde is infamously given more to do in gen 7 than it did in gen 6. I'm leaning Incineroar for the Fire starter, but that's only one 'mon. In particular, I wonder if the Ultra Beasts will be utilized at all in this game or not, with the futuristic visuals used in the trailer.

you can't tell me there isn't at least a strong similarity between these two
SPOILER_797.png
SPOILER_GHWd3JyWUAAvZX7.png

Sorry for double posting but I wanted to bring something to everyones attention

1709055805186.png

This seems to be the logo for the company in charge of the "Lumiose City Urban Redevelopment Plan"

1709055935859.png

The logo also appears briefly during the transition from the sketches into the weird holographic 3d moving interactive blueprints or whatever that was

I have a feeling that whoever this logo belongs to is going to play a very important role in the story of Z-A

1709056242714.png

What do they mean by simultaneously? Release on both the Switch and "Switch 2"?? 2 separate versions for some reason???

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
And I’m glad you’re right, Legends: Z-A is such an awesome surprise.

As for the game itself, the fact that there is a surprising amount of tron lines in the 3D graphic scene, so it makes it difficult whether or not it really take place in the past akin to Legends: Arceus with uncanny technological advance, or if it actually take place in a near future of Kalos… The reveal alone brings a lot of intrigue.

I wonder how much Alola content we'll get in this game. Obviously the two regions are far apart going by their real-world counterparts, but Zygarde is infamously given more to do in gen 7 than it did in gen 6. I'm leaning Incineroar for the Fire starter, but that's only one 'mon. In particular, I wonder if the Ultra Beasts will be utilized at all in this game or not, with the futuristic visuals used in the trailer.

you can't tell me there isn't at least a strong similarity between these two
View attachment 609066View attachment 609067
Zygarde doesn’t really have much of a relation to Alola specifically, it was just shoehorned in there because they presumably shelved Z.
I’m also not confident it’ll be a different set of starters. I think they’ll go with the original Kalos trio and just give them megas.

View attachment 609072
What do they mean by simultaneously? Release on both the Switch and "Switch 2"? 2 separate versions for some reason?
I think it just means that it will be released at the same time in every country, rather than the separate Japanese and non-Japanese release dates they used to have. Not sure why they had to mention that, though, they've been operating on single release dates for years now.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Zygarde doesn’t really have much of a relation to Alola specifically, it was just shoehorned in there because they presumably shelved Z.
I’m also not confident it’ll be a different set of starters. I think they’ll go with the original Kalos trio and just give them megas.
Or maybe a twofer? The Hisui starters in Cyndaquil, Oshawott and Rowlett didn’t stopped the original Sinnoh starters to show up, catchable in the wild instead of being gift. (Unrelated but Chimchar being obtainable as soon as first lands for a Fire-type option for those that didn’t picked Cyndaquil is a blessing)

So likewise, a new starter trio evolving into regionals while any of the original Kalos trio can be given as gift in addition to a shiny new Mega Stone like how it went back then with Kanto starters getting one in XY.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Not sure why they had to mention that, though, they've been operating on single release dates for years now.
That's exactly why I'm bringing it up, they shouldn't need to clarify that
Because there are still japanese companies that don't do simultaneous releases (I'm looking at you Falcom :zonger: give me my YS X) so some publishers still rather reassure their western audience.

Don't read too much into it.

So we can probably put down :sv/Serperior: and :sv/Empoleon: as the grass and water starters (Serperior has french lily symbolism, and generally has a "noble" air to it, while Empoleon is literally Napoleon as an Emperor Penguin)

So assuming that Infernape & Emboar are out as the Fire starter, and they prioritize fire starters without a new form that are not too soon... we can probably put down :sv/Incineroar: as the Fire starter.

So in short it would probably either be Kalosian forms of :sv/Serperior: :sv/Incineroar: :sv/Empoleon: , or all 3 of them get Megas.

As such I shall anticipate Serp & Incin keeping Contrary & Intimidate respectively, while Empoleon gets upgraded to Supreme Overlord to tie into the Napoleon theming even more lol.

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So we can probably put down :sv/Serperior: and :sv/Empoleon: as the grass and water starters (Serperior has french lily symbolism, and generally has a "noble" air to it, while Empoleon is literally Napoleon as an Emperor Penguin)

So assuming that Infernape & Emboar are out as the Fire starter, and they prioritize fire starters without a new form that are not too soon... we can probably put down :sv/Incineroar: as the Fire starter.

So in short it would probably either be Kalosian forms of :sv/Serperior: :sv/Incineroar: :sv/Empoleon: , or all 3 of them get Megas.

As such I shall anticipate Serp & Incin keeping Contrary & Intimidate respectively, while Empoleon gets upgraded to Supreme Overlord to tie into the Napoleon theming even more lol.
I think :xy/cinderace: could also be an option (as much as i despise it). French is known for its football players and a Fire/Electric Mega Cinderace sounds cool (a man can dream)

I think :xy/cinderace: could also be an option (as much as i despise it). French is known for its football players and a Fire/Electric Mega Cinderace sounds cool (a man can dream)
It has a Gigantimax form though, which is why I didn't include it. Incineroar is the only fire starter not named Skeledirge who doesn't have an alternate form of some kind, and Skeledirge just came out so I doubt they would want to instantly outclass it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)