SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

The only reason for these revamped status are cause... you know... this is meant to be a bit more 1v1 oriented RPG, and landing a Freeze or Sleep on opponent Alpha or Noble would... basically be a istawin.
If that were the concern, they could have made it so Alphas and Nobles can't be frozen or put to sleep and called it a day. There would especially have been no need for Frostbite's additional effect of reducing Sp. Atk (suggesting that it is clearly a counterpart to Burn). I suspect Frostbite will stay even if the others don't.

If that were the concern, they could have made it so Alphas and Nobles can't be frozen or put to sleep and called it a day. There would especially have been no need for Frostbite's additional effect of reducing Sp. Atk (suggesting that it is clearly a counterpart to Burn). I suspect Frostbite will stay even if the others don't.
Frostbite staying is very different from completely replacing Freeze, one of the OG status effects.

Let me be honest, I think this is just some heavy dose of COPIUM :P

I dont see the status changing in any way in regular games. They have no reason to.

The only reason for these revamped status are cause... you know... this is meant to be a bit more 1v1 oriented RPG, and landing a Freeze or Sleep on opponent Alpha or Noble would... basically be a istawin.
I can see the new stats staying tbh.

Sleep and Freeze are really strong, and I'd guess it's a serious problem in VGC because of smaller team sizes and 2v1 being a huge advantage.

I'm not sure how the new sleep thing works tbh, but I can definitely see Frostbite staying.

I would definitely not be surprised if sleep were reworked considering that it has enabled such dumb strategies in VGC that they had to nerf a Pokemon that wasn't even VGC legal into the ground in order to fix it.
They nerfed Dark Void into the ground because of Smeargle, not Darkrai.
Which was really dumb, all they needed to do was the "Only Darkrai can use this move" flag, they didn't need to nerf it's accuracy as well.

In-game picture from the Reddit post Imperial Magala linked earlier. Assuming the head is the same size the normal form, it's less than half the height and about two-thirds the length.
Oh I didn't realize the Noble one was that much larger. A shame, I wanted it to be gargantuan, but it looks much smaller here.

I guess that's where its AMAZING new speed stat came from.

If drowsy really did replace sleep in further games, I'd love to see how they handle something like Rest. Being able to heal up to full with the only caveat being inflicting yourself with paralysis under a different name would be one hell of a move.
Given that Rest has funky interactions with sleep turns, it would be fairly easy to make it a special kind of drowsy where you're guaranteed to not move for the first two turns, and make Sleep Talk guarantee you a turn while drowsy at the cost of not being able to select a move.

If drowsy really did replace sleep in further games, I'd love to see how they handle something like Rest. Being able to heal up to full with the only caveat being inflicting yourself with paralysis under a different name would be one hell of a move.
Is rest in this game?
Yes, it might also heal 75% now based on the data's RawHealing column, though I haven't seen it ingame. Also it's still Psychic type, I don't think all of the type changes from that other move sheet are confirmed and could just be misremembered/human error. Also if TurnMin/Max still represents temporary status duration, then Rest drowsy lasts for 4 turns while other sleep moves last for 5 turns and Dark Void is 3. I wonder if stat debuffs are temporary as well or are represented as a status or not.
1642808421970.png

I forgot who made it, but that analysis of Regis design vs the new genie design was a MUCH more thought and interesting analysis+critique than "it's a worse Greninja so it sucks"
Look, Gary, there I am!

I wonder what stab normal type moves will H-Zoroark get access to. Maybe Hyper Voice? It definitely seems like it's being oriented as a special sweeper so hopefully it gets something to make use of the normal typing
Hyper Voice is not in the game. It’ll get Slash, Hyper Beam, and maaaybe if it’s lucky Tri Attack. Note also that Tri Attack has more synergy with Bitter Malice than does Hyper Voice.

So getting back to a Pokemon I haven't seen a lot of discussion about. H-Electrode could it have a potential niche with a potential leech seed? I'm not sure outside of weather if there is a faster Pokemon who can pull off that set. And having soundproof does alleviate one of the main ways to bypass that protection
No Leech Seed either. This thing exists to spam Energy Ball at an overwhelming action speed. Honestly, for the kind of game PLA is, that may work out just fine.

Last edited:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
There has to be some drawback, right? I know the game says nothing about it, but it has to make you take longer until your next attack, like the opposite of Quick Attack, because of the main series recharge, right? Why do I have the glorious feeling that I might be wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)