SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

Interesting mechanics information if true. ELs seem pretty simple and transparent (apparently you can get it for mass releasing, also like candy), we see the Home(?) ball, and size is a thing too though I wonder if 0 is smaller than normal or just the base.
The Height value isn't new. It(and weight value) are fully coded into the six other switch Pokemon games, it's just the first one to have any sort of visible difference(though the differences are mentioned in wild encounters and recorded in the pokedex in Let's Go). Pokemon transferred from prior gens always have 0 in both height and weight. Pokemon caught in any of the switch games have completely random height and weight modifers, so it is for example possible to have 0 height but 255 weight and vice-versa

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While limited in capacity, trainer battles do still exist in this game. I imagine you could go off those for most questions about pvp interactions
To add to this, you can actually rematch certain trainers post game, so if you wanted to be a hyper nerd, there's nothing stopping someone from getting a lot of "PVP interactions" if they wanted to make a Legends pet mod.

Ohhh that's the "Strange Ball"
i noticed that in the item doc that was floating around, it doesnt have a description at all which is interesting, so it probably is never intended for Capture purposes.

So in that case yeah I'm willing to bet it's the blanket "we don't want to support & carry forward all the steam punk pokeballs" ball, but they don't want to just default to a pokeball like the apricorns did back in gen 4, so once you transfer it automatically converts it to a catch all "Strange" ball.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
So one thing that I've noticed is that Roar of Time normally has 120 BP / 90 accuracy when used by Dialga. However, it changes to 140 BP / 75 Acc when used by Dialga-Origin.

I wonder if Palkia's Spacial Rend (and Giratina's Shadow Force) has the same treatment. However, I haven't been able to find footage of anyone hovering over those moves in their Origin formes.

but they don't want to just default to a pokeball like the apricorns did back in gen 4
they were only treated as normal Pokeballs in Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Battle Revolution, and Ranch, mostly because they weren't coded into any of the other Gen IV games as to not spoil that Johto remakes were coming at the end of the Generation, and trading them back to HGSS had them become the Apricorn Ball(or Sport Ball) they were caught in again. Transferring to Black/White onwards, even if they were traded to the other games first, also still kept them within then Apricorn Balls. Pokemon from the Gen I and II VC games, however, always have a normal Pokeball because what ball you caught a Pokemon in wasn't stored in a Pokemon's individual data until Gen III.

So one thing that I've noticed is that Roar of Time normally has 120 BP / 90 accuracy when used by Dialga. However, it changes to 140 BP / 75 Acc when used by Dialga-Origin.

I wonder if Palkia's Spacial Rend (and Giratina's Shadow Force) has the same treatment. However, I haven't been able to find footage of anyone hovering over those moves in their Origin formes.
I wonder why this didn't get found in the datamine. I've seen a few lists of moves and none of them suggested an alternate "mode" for the signature moves.

they were only treated as normal Pokeballs in Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Battle Revolution, and Ranch, mostly because they weren't coded into any of the other Gen IV games as to not spoil that Johto remakes were coming at the end of the Generation, and trading them back to HGSS had them become the Apricorn Ball(or Sport Ball) they were caught in again. Transferring to Black/White onwards, even if they were traded to the other games first, also still kept them within then Apricorn Balls. Pokemon from the Gen I and II VC games, however, always have a normal Pokeball because what ball you caught a Pokemon in wasn't stored in a Pokemon's individual data until Gen III.
That's what I meant while specifying gen 4.

incidentally this whole thing probably implies that SWSH will, at the very least, probably get a very minor update to support the Strange Ball (& the LA icon). Be kind of weird for BDSP to be the only one to be able to recieve pokemon from LA, even if they had literally nothing else weird about them; or how it'd be a little weird to accept them but just display as a Pokeball ala gen 4 while BDSP gets to be fancy and show the Strange Ball

Interesting mechanics information if true. ELs seem pretty simple and transparent (apparently you can get it for mass releasing, also like candy), we see the Home(?) ball, and size is a thing too though I wonder if 0 is smaller than normal or just the base.
Honestly this looks exactly like the candy values in Let's Go, like, exactly same mechanic and way to obtain them

I wonder why this didn't get found in the datamine. I've seen a few lists of moves and none of them suggested an alternate "mode" for the signature moves.
It may not be available in the move data, and handled by a function elsewhere in the game. AFAIK, the form dependent effects of Enamorus' Springtide Storm aren't defined in the move data either, so I guess that is handled elsewhere too.

They actually did it, the absolute madmen
I never believed they would do something that complicated, I thought they would just look whether it's 2x or 4x and that's it

This might be compensation for lack of Orb 1.2x boost

Last edited:
Someone pointed out on another site that, supposedly, Musharna(who is not fully coded into the game like the majority of non-Gen IV Pokemom) has Psychic Surge listed as one of it's abilities. Assuming this is true(which it may not since I can't find a Pokemon list that lists Abilities coded for Pokemon Legends), It may mean nothing(In order to curb my optimism, I am internalizing this as the answer), or it may mean that it gets the ability whenever Gen IX comes out. The real question I have is do any other Pokemon have abilities listed under them that they have not actually had in any of their appearances in the games? Yes, I know abilities are unusable in Legends, I was just curious if people bothered checking them for anything that wasn't a new form or Pokemon.

I hope they don’t bring the Legend Plate into the main series games.

I hope they just change Multitype to have the same effect.

and update the RKS System to match as well I guess, who really has time for ‘plates’ and ‘memories’?
Why not just add in the Legend plate and give it the extra ability to have the 1.2 bonus to stab the plates do?
And yes, change RKS System to that. Let Silvally hold decent items for a change and jump several tiers in the process if it isn't banned.

Or walled by Chansey/Blissey considering Judgement is still a special attack.
Actually Arceus can break them with enough Calm Mind boosts.
+6 0 SpA Arceus Judgment vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 584-690 (89.5 - 105.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
+6 252 SpA Arceus Judgment vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Chansey: 576-678 (89.7 - 105.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
It would only need to worry about Toxic or Frostbite, but it can Rest those off, and Arceus would need investment to have a chance at KOing Chansey, but most people would run HDBs Blissey anyways.
Also we are just assuming Judgement will have 5/8 PP in the future, which would be understandable, but it's clearly not balance GameFreak cares about.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Arceus also makes Substitutes bigger than Chansey / Blissey can damage with Seismic Toss too, so there's always Subceus! Would depend on how that interacts with abilities though if you want to use mono Arceus (not to mention PP), but these are all just hypotheticals anyways. It does make me wish Legends had PVP though even if it was horrendously balance, because these mechanics sound so crazy!

Arceus also makes Substitutes bigger than Chansey / Blissey can damage with Seismic Toss too, so there's always Subceus! Would depend on how that interacts with abilities though if you want to use mono Arceus (not to mention PP), but these are all just hypotheticals anyways. It does make me wish Legends had PVP though even if it was horrendously balance, because these mechanics sound so crazy!
Confide goes through Substitue so Arceus wouldn't really make much progress I think.

Yep all three are different. Seed flare for both shaymin are the same thou.
dialga.png

dialga_o.png

palkia.png

palkia_o.png

giratina.png

giratina_o.png

Spacial Rend goes from 90/95 in base form to 80/85 in Origin form? That doesn't seem right...
Both Dialga and Giratina trade accuracy for power. Why does Palkia lose both?
Wait… does Spacial Rend get nerfed? There’s gotta be more going on there under the hood, right?
I'm guessing it gets an increased crit rate. even more, rather.

Hisuian Electrode seems interesting, even tho stats were unchanged.

It has a unique signature move called Chloroblast (The user launches its amassed chlorophyll to inflict damage on the target. This also damages the user and lowers the user’s action speed.), it is a pretty strong move of 120BP at 95Acc (5PP) and lowers its own Speed when used. Might suck the speed drop, but once transferable, H-Electrode could spam this move up to two to three times with White Herb. Additionally, it can now abuse Soundproof to prevent Special Bug-types from hitting super-effectively with Bug Buzz.

My guess is that the Hisuian form will be way more viable in comparison to its Kantonian cousin, which would be already since it has a secondary STAB, tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)