SPOILERS! Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee Datamine Info

Since I want to "soft-reset" for the Starter Eevee and since many of you have already tested the new metagame online, I'd like to know which nature you are using on your Eevee. Jolly, Impish, Careful, Relaxed or Sassy?

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
I'd personally prefer an RBY-based format with 63 AVs across the board. 0 AVs sounds too fast-paced to me.
Apparently it isn't too fast, strangely enough? Something about Calm Mind being Pikachu's best set (yes, in the Candyless format). There's been a lot less experimentation than with full candies.

Since I want to "soft-reset" for the Starter Eevee and since many of you have already tested the new metagame online, I'd like to know which nature you are using on your Eevee. Jolly, Impish, Careful, Relaxed or Sassy?
Relatively irrelevant as you won't really be playing any competitive on the cart anyway due to it requiring opponents to be on your friendlist to fight.

Anyhow, I believe everyone only uses special moves, so you can safely go for a -attack nature.

Relatively irrelevant as you won't really be playing any competitive on the cart anyway due to it requiring opponents to be on your friendlist to fight.

Anyhow, I believe everyone only uses special moves, so you can safely go for a -attack nature.
I think the most used moves are Sizzly Slide and Sappy Seed (both physical), followed by Sparkly Swirl (special) to support the team...

If I was you I'd just get a +speed -defense/spdef or even neutral natured for story anyway, it's not like you'll be doing any PvP at all on cart and even if you do I also doubt you'll find people remotely interested in fully candytraining 6 pokemon for it.

At least, I'll be looking for +speed - def/spdef.

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
I'd recommend focusing on defensive natures if you want to use Eevee in candyless as it isn't too bulky otherwise, and probably Jolly if you plan to play with candy as extra bulk us less important Z800

I just got a thought, what if candys are only usable ingame but deactivated online

Maybe this is the new "pokemon will dodge attacks/live on 1 hp if they love u enough" or the "u can use multiple z moves in battle"? Where people thought its a change for online when it was only usable offline

Is there anything from the data or leaked copies that prove its usable online?

I just got a thought, what if candys are only usable ingame but deactivated online

Maybe this is the new "pokemon will dodge attacks/live on 1 hp if they love u enough" or the "u can use multiple z moves in battle"? Where people thought its a change for online when it was only usable offline

Is there anything from the data or leaked copies that prove its usable online?
Maybe there's a cap that is only applied in PvP. I doubt it, though, especially as the boosts you mentioned didn't require nearly as much effort as candies will.

I wonder how these values are handled for the AI's teams. All zeros except for the special trainers? The trainer data doesn't indicate anything. I don't even know how EVs were handled in-game, but I think that SM improved it?

I think the most used moves are Sizzly Slide and Sappy Seed (both physical), followed by Sparkly Swirl (special) to support the team...
Sizzly/Frosty are tied at 3rd rn, with Sappy/Sparkly being the top picks (physical/special). Sparkly hasn't seen too much usage since we didn't know at the time.
I would use Jolly as the only real damage Eevee does is with sappy imo but you can always run Timid. You want +Speed though to outspeed other Eevee.
EDIT: no you were right

Last edited:
"After pressing the (A) button well over 500 times, I used 200 Pikachu Candy on Pikachu to confirm that yes, 200 AVs in every stat is legal. You can have 31 IVs AND 200 AVs (+200 in every stat) across the board"
Doesn't surprise me, I said it from the start, the code looked pretty clear.
Press F to pay respect to anyone who hoped in a non super bulky meta :P

...with +200 in all stats base stats look much less important than movesets or typing...

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is there something I missed? Why would riding Rhydon be the hilarious thing among Haunter, grounded Starmie or Kang's pouch?

Out of curiosity, how can I test it online?

After finally allowing players to convert Rare Candy in bulk to Pokemon-specific Candy in Go, they completely neglect the single one aspect of Go that would actually be useful in this case lmao, classic.

So applying Candy is also a slog fest. I get flashbacks to the Gen I Game Corner and buying Coins for Porygon...
I believe the mediocre UI was indeed one of the big negatives pointed by the reviews.

Though I don't think they really expevted anyone to be insane enough to farm full candy values for this game. I also think it's insanity :p

Curiosity for you playing that metagame that I can't manage to even think of liking:
does Zippy Zap, being a +2 priority 50 BP stab with guaranteed critical hit give any realistic advantage to Pikachu over the massive utility of Eevee?

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Curiosity for you playing that metagame that I can't manage to even think of liking:
does Zippy Zap, being a +2 priority 50 BP stab with guaranteed critical hit give any realistic advantage to Pikachu over the massive utility of Eevee?
Nope, it's still too weak to get anything done and isn't boosted by cm

A barely-weaker Extreme Speed is really good, but nothing compared to Eevee's ridiculously broken moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)