Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 3 (Competitive Discussion)

Alright, I will stop too before this becomes off topic =D

So has anyone look at the new egg moves Gengar can learn? Nasty plot?
No, and it would just be awsome if it can learn nastyplot

Gengar @ FocusSash
NastyPlot
Shadowball
T-Bolt
Hypnosis

I'd like to bring up a question:

Today, the move tutors were revealed. There are alot and some are rather good. Do you think any pokemon is going to be upgraded a tier or become too powerful.

The competative moves I saw that may effect the competative move play are: The Punches, Knock Off (somewhat), Sucker Punch, and Trick. I mean, what if Spiritomb and Dusknoir got Trick, or Tyranitar and Weavile got the punches? Would it make them too powerful?

Of course I could be totally wrong. I don't know that much about this sort of stuff.

No, and it would just be awsome if it can learn nastyplot

Gengar @ FocusSash
NastyPlot
Shadowball
T-Bolt
Hypnosis
I would use focus blast or hp fighting to hit everything in the game for at least neutral damage.

Aura sphere would be cool too, to make up for the drop in accuracy of hypnosis >=\ Gengar is some sort of spirit energy and aura is defined as the soul power in the movie, so it makes sense for gengar to learn it. =P

Actually when I first found out trick is one of the tutor moves, I wasn't surprised if Gengar gets it. Afterall, Gengar is a mischievous pokemon full of tricks and nasty plots. >=)

Today, the move tutors were revealed. There are alot and some are rather good. Do you think any pokemon is going to be upgraded a tier or become too powerful.

The competative moves I saw that may effect the competative move play are: The Punches, Knock Off (somewhat), Sucker Punch, and Trick. I mean, what if Spiritomb and Dusknoir got Trick, or Tyranitar and Weavile got the punches? Would it make them too powerful?

Of course I could be totally wrong. I don't know that much about this sort of stuff.
Tyranitar already had access to the punches in emerald. Thunder punch on weavile is probably only useful against gyarados... There are many other moves that could be game changing - superpower, heatwave, outrage, etc.

I just checked a couple of Pokemon at 212 move tutor. Scizor receives Knock Off, Ominous Wind and Fury Cutter. Heracross gets Vaccum Wave, Fury Cutter and Knock Off. No Ice Punch. @_@

of course, with attacks pokemon are given like Salamence with Outrage its a very scary pokemon now that garchomp is out of the picture they might even put some Ubers OU. lol

Ex.Garchomp back to OU now that pokemon are getting even more powerful.

before we know it BL's or UU's are going to OU and some OU's maybecome Uber. but we wont know it until Shoddy Upgrades with Platinum.

Outrage - Salamence, Flygon, Nidoking, Kingdra, Snorlax, Gyarados, Lapras, Rhydon, Tauros, Marowak, Venusaur
Wow, Salamence and Flygon got some more oomphf... I could see Nidoking, Snorlax, Gyarados, maybe even Lapras using Outrage fairly decently. What about Kingdra though? I feel it would be just stay with Draco Meteor... But at least it has the option.

EDIT: Why is everyone saying Dragonite is completely squashed now? He can still function pretty well (So far, he is the only dragon with Focus Punch / Superpower). I don't see him being completely overshadowed...

EDIT2: Also, WTF? I can't seem to find the 'Body Slam' option anywhere for the tutors. For the love of God, they couldn't have not brought a Body Slam tutor... Bastards! Hopefully it is somewhere.

of course, with attacks pokemon are given like Salamence with Outrage its a very scary pokemon now that garchomp is out of the picture they might even put some Ubers OU. lol

Ex.Garchomp back to OU now that pokemon are getting even more powerful.

before we know it BL's or UU's are going to OU and some OU's maybecome Uber. but we wont know it until Shoddy Upgrades with Platinum.
Yeah, I have a feeling people will want garchomp back. DDance outrage kingdra will do outrageous damage with its SNIPER ability (critical hit damage is tripled instead of doubled). An easy way to revenge kill it is to use scarfchomp. Even Deoxys-E can't revenge kill kingdra that easily (in one hit), and ice shard only does neutral damage to kingdra :(

kingdra@scopelens
focus energy
dragon dance
outrage
waterfall

Give it Dual Screen™ support to make it a beast.

I just checked a couple of Pokemon at 212 move tutor. Scizor receives Knock Off, Ominous Wind and Fury Cutter. Heracross gets Vaccum Wave, Fury Cutter and Knock Off. No Ice Punch. @_@
Knock Off Scizor is going'a be sweeeeeeeet, I opens up more and more doors for Scizor. If Hera hasn't been able to get Ice Punch since Emerald.
So has anyone looked at the new egg moves Gengar can learn? Nasty plot?
You keep asking that. WHY do you think there are going to be new egg moves? The only indication we've had was a Pachirisu using Seed Bomb and that was explained by the move tutor.

Hey guys, where can I check for the new moves included in Platinum?

I mean after reading 2 posts I got to know about Zapdos's Heat Wave and Lucario's Ice Punch ^^U and that's logically stuff I would like to know about.

Thanks in advance :P

Hey guys, where can I check for the new moves included in Platinum?

I mean after reading 2 posts I got to know about Zapdos's Heat Wave and Lucario's Ice Punch ^^U and that's logically stuff I would like to know about.

Thanks in advance :P
i went to Serebii.net

You keep asking that. WHY do you think there are going to be new egg moves? The only indication we've had was a Pachirisu using Seed Bomb and that was explained by the move tutor.
lol sorry, I will stop my gengar obsession. IIRC, every 3rd installment GF usually introduces new egg moves to some pokemon. That's why I still carry some hope :(

Route 212 move tutor:

Tyranitar: Fury Cutter, Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch
Raichu: Thunderpunch, Knock Off
Beedrill: Fury Cutter , Ominous Wind , Air Cutter, Knock Off

Well, underwhelming. Knock Off twice more though. If you guys want a specific Pokemon checked, let me know, otherwise I'm going back to playing the game. ^_^

at the very least now we'll have another reason to never use gliscor again lol
jollytar@liforb
dd
earthquake
ip
crunch

weeeeee hope everyone uses jolly duggy!!!

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
T-tar gets all the punches now, hahahaha.

Raichu could potentially be a more useful utility in UU. It's fast, so if it can get a safe switch-in, it potentially cripples entire teams. If a wall stays in, they lose their Leftovers, for some their only source of healing outside of Wish support (*stares at Steelix and Claydol*), and a sweeper loses their Choiced item or Life Orb.

EvilMario, could you check Mewtwo (if you have one) and Vespiquen (I don't think all tutors were checked) for me? D: Thanks a bunch. Hooray for personal favorites.

So does anyone plan on opening a thread to teach some of our current pokes these tutors? That'd be sweet. Rather not wait until spring for thses moves. Should've just passed over this thread, now I'm dying for these moves.......I justed started getting deep into breeding which sucks because now my projects won't be done for a WHILE.

BTW been thinking of pimping out a special Torkoal.

Torkoal
Modest - Leftovers
RS/Yawn/SR/Explosion
Heat Wave/Overheat/Flamethrower
Earth Power
HP Ice/Grass/Water/Electric even

I highly doubt any of these non-stab outragers will see much use out of it. There's still no love for the outraging charizard!

Once I have access to a complete list of move tutor compatibilities (or even just raw data like from that rip of early DP), I'll put together a mod file that the Official Server will use. It will be publically available (probably posted in a topic here) so the Smogon Server can use it as well.
I love you.

at the very least now we'll have another reason to never use gliscor again lol
jollytar@liforb
dd
earthquake
ip
crunch

weeeeee hope everyone uses jolly duggy!!!
Doesn't matter. There are plenty of new superpower users that can take a hit and ohko back. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)