Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 3 (Competitive Discussion)

Jthreau

formerly DoubleJG
Parasect getting Knock Off and Synthesis should really help it out in trick room teams.

Go Flareon! It looks a bit more usable now :pimp:

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
He didn't specify who, and I've only seen Metagross... and a specs Gengar.
I'm using Jirachi now. Sets up Stealth Rock, has Double Screen, and a Scarf to use with Trick :D Yes, I do know it does null damage, but doesn't DS Deoxys blay like that too? And I have the rest of the team to work with, anyway.

Which is why I personally never send out my Heatran first. I also found that Skymin likes to switch in on expected Earth Powers which is why I will sometimes use Hidden Power [Ice] instead.

Is it me or has Salamence dropped in usage? I haven't seen many on shoddy recently.
Well, now I'll play dumb sometimes on the ladder because it could be you using an alt, lol.

And strangely enough, I have seen more Salamences than Skymins. Good thing, because I think my team does have some problems with it (oh, really).

I don't know where to put this...

There is an AR code that allows the use of Rotom's new forms, Skymin, and Origin Giratina on wifi. Is this legal, to use this code?

Debatable since it could be considered a "legal hack", and it doesn't change any Pokemon really.

Parasect getting Knock Off and Synthesis should really help it out in trick room teams.

Go Flareon! It looks a bit more usable now :pimp:
Actually Flareon is doing pretty good at stopping Shaymin and Heatran for me. Can Handle Specsmences too and a lot of special attackers. Can even outstall Milotic and Vaporeon if they dont invest in SpA.

I don't know where to put this...

There is an AR code that allows the use of Rotom's new forms, Skymin, and Origin Giratina on wifi. Is this legal, to use this code?

Debatable since it could be considered a "legal hack", and it doesn't change any Pokemon really.
If Origin Giratina is still required to hold its Platinum Orb, I vote that this could be allowed. The only problem is that using an AR for battles is kind of shady, even if it's done to use 'legal hacks'. It'd be hard to see if any other hacks were used, and it'd be hard to tell if Giratina-O was still holding its Platinum Orb, and not some other item that doesn't announce its existence, like an Expert Belt.

It shouldn't be allowed, and by definition it isn't even a "legal hack" since it breaks the limitations set by the source (in this case GF).

Even putting legality aside, an external device is required to use it. Therefore, those without the device are at a clear and unfair disadvantage.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
While this is in the WiFi forum please do not overlook this rule, as it applies for the whole site.
With this in mind, the site will not promote hacking in any sort of way. This means that you may not post, discuss, or promote AR Codes, Save Data, and anything else related to Flash Cart activities. You also may not discuss what is "hacking" and what is not "hacking" - this is because this an exercise in futility.
By the way it appears that Origin Giratina can not hold Platinum Orb on WiFi.

Does Scizor getting bullet punch help it at all? It has low Bp (40+ technician = 60 + STAB 90) which makes it as strong as quick attack except quick attack is resisted by two types and is ineffective against one, whereas Bullet punch is resisted by three types and is super effective against two.

Does Scizor getting bullet punch help it at all? It has low Bp (40+ technician = 60 + STAB 90) which makes it as strong as quick attack except quick attack is resisted by two types and is ineffective against one, whereas Bullet punch is resisted by three types and is super effective against two.
Actually Scizor has become a Top tier OU because of Swords Dance + Bullet Punch if I'm not wrong ^^U.

Actually Flareon is doing pretty good at stopping Shaymin and Heatran for me. Can Handle Specsmences too and a lot of special attackers. Can even outstall Milotic and Vaporeon if they dont invest in SpA.
What set and EV spread do you use? I've always been interested in using a Flareon.

Huh? Quick Attack has 60 power with Technician. There's no STAB involved so I don't see how it is as strong as Bullet Punch.

Obviously so. The only two new things Scizor got that are commonly used are SuperPower and BulletPunch. There is clearly a reason why everyone is swooning over Bullet Punch. It destroys many fast/frail sweepers. Quick Attack is also only 60 base power without Stab.

OMG Lapras

DD+Ice Shard+Waterfall+Outrage 0_o take it out of UU now please.

Also Victreebell, SuckerPunch+SD+LeafBlade

Salamence also gets Iron Def o_O

Mence has had Iron Defense, from Shelgon iirc.

I too am interested in a Flareon moveset that stops Heatran and Scizor. That sounds amazing.

Mence has had Iron Defense, from Shelgon iirc.

I too am interested in a Flareon moveset that stops Heatran and Scizor. That sounds amazing.
Earth Power prediction can stop Flareon, and Flareon can't take repeated anything from Scizor.

Mixed though?

Flareon @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Flamethrower/SuperPower/Wish/Filler?
252 SpA...

Oh, it was Shaymin and Heatran. Yeah, Earth Power is a 2HKO from both (it barely survives three from Modest Scarftran) and Stealth Rock makes it really hard to play effectively. It can still sponge Seed Flare/Fire Blast/Air Slash hits but most Heatrans go straight for EP anyways because they're expecting other Heatrans. It definitely stops Scizor at least once and can maybe sneak in a Wish to heal every now and then.

It's not a sure-fire counter, but it can set up Wish, Yawn, or Toxic on the switches and gives you the advantage. Lava Plume seems more viable then Flamethrower so it can burn pokemon ready to come in and Earthquake. Toxic Stalling Bulky Waters is fun too. It can take LO hits from Scizors STAB attacks, watch out for Superpower. The good thing about Flareon is is that people don't know much about it. Scizor is usually faster and can finish it off with a Superpower but they don't have that knowledge.

I just noticed Grumpig gets Signal Beam as an option over Hidden Power Bug, which is good for it, especially for Wi-Fi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)