Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread.

Do you think there will be a sequel?

• Yes

Votes: 487 96.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
FAKE

I'm just interested in these Rotoms. I wonder if they'll all end up in UU again. But then, its great typing + ability probably would allow its Defensive form to last a while..
FAKE.

Why would the first scan of these forms feature all different colors if the Rotom forms are all one color?

Would Cresselia get uber even with Recover? If it did (I haven't had enough experience with it to make a sound judgment) then I think the producers ought to address things like the physically weak side of Dark and Ghost attacks. Some pokemon get Crunch, which often lacks STAB, and physical Ghost has Shadow Claw (Which is like physical Hidden Power, except it doesn't hit 4x effective), but I think it's at least worth considering, even if can't be remedied in Platinum. It wouldn't necessarily mean things like Tyranitar get a "dark type earthquake" automatically just like Garchomp doesn't get Dragon Dance even though it's a dragon; reason intervenes there.

Let's hope mentioning 'reason' doesn't jynx Game Freak >.> If it does, I'd like to also mention 'more Double Team abusing Battle Tower pokemon' and 'excessively ridiculous-looking main character.'

I doubt it (Pursuit weakness stands out) but if Ho-Oh can be considered for OU by some people simply for having a 4x SR weakness...:eyeroll:

FAKE.

Why would the first scan of these forms feature all different colors if the Rotom forms are all one color?
That was a pamphlet that had the colored in the silhouettes; the CoroCoro scan had them all black. So, the colors probably don't mean anything.

That scan is still most likely fake though, yes.

FAKE.

Toys R' us changed it from black to colors. The official "What are these pokemon" Picture was black.

EDIT: Saw a previous post, that had beaten me.

I'm not the greatest lurker in the world. :(
Is this a bit too much fanciful thinking?
I remember a thread from Gamefaqs about a year ago where it was discussed. The argument was something like "either Tyranitar goes up to Ubers or Ho-oh comes down." Then a user named Misty (Smogon's own? I'm still not sure) sort of summarized it. Basically, powerful Stone Edge users can't safely switch in to Sacred Fire without risking it; that was the general argument and was I believe was caused it to fizzle out. There was some mention of Tyranitar being tested also.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't understand why we would need 5 new rotom forms, I hope atleast 1 is not a Rotom. What do you think if there is one thats not a Rotom under them what Pokemons new form would it be?

those scans are obviously fake, the bad quality of the background and the Japanese doesn't look like what CoroCoro would print and...

..there is a thread about at sppf and Serebii(Joe) said that he knows they're fake because thats not how they look like, apperantly he already knows how they really look like.

Whatever they're doing with Rotom (different forms) is probably real. When I was in Florida for the video game showdown and I met one of the Pokemon animators there (at the signing) the one Pokemon he kept drawing for everyone was a random pose of Rotom. He drew a weird pose of Rotom on mine that looked like a completely different Pokemon, but I figured out it was Rotom eventually. That tells me though, that for whatever reason, the Pokemon animators are crazy about Rotom at the moment.

Which personally I never really cared for. Rotom has a very cool typing and ability, but I always felt like Rotom looked like one of the laziest made Pokemon ever created. It reminded me of one of those trash mobs you run over in the sonic games.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
Whatever they're doing with Rotom (different forms) is probably real. When I was in Florida for the video game showdown and I met one of the Pokemon animators there (at the signing) the one Pokemon he kept drawing for everyone was a random pose of Rotom. He drew a weird pose of Rotom on mine that looked like a completely different Pokemon, but I figured out it was Rotom eventually. That tells me though, that for whatever reason, the Pokemon animators are crazy about Rotom at the moment.

Which personally I never really cared for. Rotom has a very cool typing and ability, but I always felt like Rotom looked like one of the laziest made Pokemon ever created. It reminded me of one of those trash mobs you run over in the sonic games.
Quoted for Truth. Although I didn't get their signings, I saw that they did indeed draw Rotoms, and I was thinking the same exact thing BKK posted when I saw it.

Rotom's design is very simple, maybe even lazy, but it makes sense that it would not be visually complicated if the long-term goal was to have it climb into various objects and drive them around. Being easy to draw means that it is also easy to represent Rotom within the appliances it's hypothetically hijacking.

Five new forms may be a little excessive but if we're at all right about Rotom's possession theme I'd wager that dozens of forms were considered. In the future Rotom may achieve expandability that rivals even Eevee!

All i'm hoping for is some kinda IV man, maybe he might actually tell you all your pokemon's IVs too! Yeah i wish *goes to metalkid*

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I doubt we'll get a guy who straight-up tells us what our IVs are, after all, Nintendo never even officially confirmed that IVs or EVs exist.

I'm hoping for Volt Tackle Luxray. This would likely shoot it up to BL at least. Or perhaps some physical counterparts to Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)