Pokemon Platinum's Release Date Confirmed

Malfunction

nice desu ne
That's right ladies and gentlemen!

The Pokemon Platinum release date in America will be on March 22nd.

Pokebeach.com said:
Circuit City has revealed through an online ad that Pokemon Platinum will be released in North America on March 22nd.
According to the game's description, Team Galactic scientist "Pluto" will be re-named "Charon" for the English game. Charon is the name of Pluto's largest moon. The character was probably renamed to avoid copyright trademarks or confusion with the Disney character Pluto (Mickey Mouse's dog). The same was done when "Team Galaxy" was changed to "Team Galactic" in America, since there is a cartoon named Team Galaxy.
Detective Handsome, as he is named in the Japanese game, is called "Looker" for the English release.
The Ruined World is also now called the "Distortion World," referencing the odd spacial phenomena that occur within it.
Credit goes to good ol' Pokebeach.
Serebii says that this date is not official and is subject to change, but at least we know that it will be in about that time.

Here is the English box art:

UPDATE:

Pokebeach.com said:
Pokemon.com has officially announced Pokemon Platinum, confirming the game's release date as March 22nd and some renamed English names. You can read what they have to say below!
Another world has emerged in the Sinnoh region... a world where Time and Space are altered! (Oh noooo!) Coming to the DS on March 22, 2009 Pokemon Platinum introduces players to a new world to explore in the Sinnoh region: The Distortion World. With new adventures, never-before-seen Formes of powerful Pokemon, and expanded online options, Pokemon Platinum is packed with fun for Pokemon fans.
New Discoveries, New Challenges!
  • In Pokemon Platinum, Giratina appears in its Origin Forme, the Pokemon's true Forme. Why does this Forme Change take place? Stay tuned to Pokemon.com for more information!
  • Explore the Distortion World, where the normal rules of Time and Space don't apply.
  • Enter a new Battle Frontier, where the toughest Trainers can test their skills in new ways.
  • Explore the new Wi-Fi Plaza, where up to 20 players can connect through fun games and activities.
  • Enjoy new upgrades in the Global Trade Station (now the Global Terminal), such as posting battle videos using the new "Vs. Recorder."
Credit to Pokebeach
So, what do you think will change too? How do you feel? Are you happy?

Discuss and criticize away!

I thought Platinum would be released around such a time. All of the English pokémon games since Advance have been released within a month of my birthday, and the Japanese copies have had similar release dates in relation to each other.

Good find, thank you.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
BRAWL HAS BEEN DELAY-

Oh wait, this is Platinum you say? Well, the Looker ordeal is something I don't agree on. I guess Charon is an alright name though.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I fixed the thread title

Alright I can understand why they want to change the name Handsome (7 letter limit), but Looker is just absolutely horrid.

Charon's okay I guess.

Torn World > Ruined World >> Distorted Word > Distortion World

Charon: Perfectly fine name, keeps the astronomical theme. I like.
Looker: ...really? Even with the whole "Handsome's a looker" pun they may have been going for...really?
Distortion World: I don't like how it's <noun> World as opposed to <adjective> World. Distorted would have been better imo.

I'm kind of meh on the release date for some strange reason. Probably because there's not much I haven't spoiled myself about already, so there's no suspense.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think "Looker" is absolutely perfect. It fits in with the whole Handsome thing, and he's a detective "looking" for clues. And on top of all that, I went to high school with a family of girls named Looker (who lived up to their name quite well).

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Thanks Jibaku!

@ParanoidDrone: Yeah, it's not really like when D/P came out. We were all like 'I can't wait to get it!', because it was a whole new generation with almost everything new. But now, some people got it, and can easily tutor pokemon and transfer them to D/P. The only new things I see in this game are the new forms, tutor moves, and perhaps the battle frontier. Since the forms are on shoddy and the tutor moves can be easily gotten, i don't really think there is much suspense.

But still, having an english version is always awesome IMO ^^.
Thanks for your time.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
To all the British here, look in an independent games store on the week of the US release and chances are you'll see a copy. I got my copy of Pearl on the US release date without ordering it or anything...it was just sat on the shelf and the rest is history. US copies play just fine on PAL DS's.

Thank god for this lol. I live in Europe so I can buy American imports (DS isn't region-locked).

I hope I still can access the Rotom-event though. If it's only allowed to be downloadable to Americans, then I'm screwed.

The day after my birthday, presents can wait because I'm importing from Canada. Woo! Finally I can go after the Frontier.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll be looking forward to importing Platinum, given the fact I cannot wait or the UK release.

Finally, to bad they did not release it before Christmas. I'm not sure what they where thinking. The names don't bother me; I always think they're retarded anyways.

Thank god for this lol. I live in Europe so I can buy American imports (DS isn't region-locked).

I hope I still can access the Rotom-event though. If it's only allowed to be downloadable to Americans, then I'm screwed.
You'll be able to download events at the same time North Americans can. As long as you have a compatible game, it will work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)