Pokemon Showdown app for Android and iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just wondering if there will be an app built for Pokemon Showdown? I just can't get my phone browser to work with it, it just sits there and never fully loads. As a second question, is there any solution to my problem above?

Posted from Smogon.com App for Android

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Google Chrome is the stock browser as of Android 4.1 (aka. Jelly Bean). Prior to that, you can download it for free from Google given you have 4.0 (aka. Ice Cream Sandwich). If you're on Gingerbread (2.3), you can use Firefox Beta, but I don't know how well this works.

Fexlom

Could you make it compatible with Opera or the Symbian browser?

What is a quick way to check your Android version? I used to know, but my phone is a couple years old now, and the stock browser won't play ps :/

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Go into the settings menu, and under "About my phone" or something, it'll have a Version Number bit. Just post the version number here and I'll get back to you. Google Chrome is only for 4.0 and up; Firefox Beta should work for 2.3 and up.

Go into the settings menu, and under "About my phone" or something, it'll have a Version Number bit. Just post the version number here and I'll get back to you. Google Chrome is only for 4.0 and up; Firefox Beta should work for 2.3 and up.
Thanks Mikel. Looks like I'm running 2.3.5. Considering it's up to over 4.0, I may need to look at an upgrade in the near future, since I'm passed 2 years :P

I'm pretty sure I tried the FF Beta on this phone at some point, but it was very awkward and wonky and didn't fit very well. It also drained battery like crazy.

michael

m as in mancy
Which app did you mean? Firefox for Android and Google Chrome are available from the Google Play Store (or Market for Gingerbread and below).

Safari on an iPad comes stock with the device.

From experience on my Galaxy S3, the stock browser even runs PS perfectly.

If you have FireFox for the Android (not sure on the OS version you need), you can actually download an app for Pokemon Showdown that's linked to Firefox. Figured I'd pass on that info for everyone.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
If you have FireFox for the Android (not sure on the OS version you need), you can actually download an app for Pokemon Showdown that's linked to Firefox. Figured I'd pass on that info for everyone.
That's no longer available. To be exact, it was rejected from Firefox Marketplace for being not-mobile-optimized enough. :/

One of these days, I'll make a "real" mobile app...

Zarel, I'd like to know how to make an android/ios pokemon showdown app. How did you make Pokemon Showdown? I'm really interested in learning how you made it. I'm currently making my thesis and I'm trying to recreate a java based pokemon battle simulator. I've considered making it for mobile devices, specifically tablets, but I haven't had a chance to try making android apps yet.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Zarel, I'd like to know how to make an android/ios pokemon showdown app. How did you make Pokemon Showdown? I'm really interested in learning how you made it. I'm currently making my thesis and I'm trying to recreate a java based pokemon battle simulator. I've considered making it for mobile devices, specifically tablets, but I haven't had a chance to try making android apps yet.
https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown

Google Chrome is the stock browser as of Android 4.1 (aka. Jelly Bean). Prior to that, you can download it for free from Google given you have 4.0 (aka. Ice Cream Sandwich). If you're on Gingerbread (2.3), you can use Firefox Beta, but I don't know how well this works.
If i got you right, it would be better to use Firefox than chrome?

Hate to necrobump, but that's been done for me.

PS's android interface is slow and shit for me, and I'm on a galaxy sIII so it shouldn't be this bad. Is it just me?

Also, lobby chat would be nice...

Hate to necrobump, but that's been done for me.

PS's android interface is slow and shit for me, and I'm on a galaxy sIII so it shouldn't be this bad. Is it just me?

Also, lobby chat would be nice...
Coming here to second this. I try on all of an iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4th gen (Safari and Chrome on those were tested), and a Google Nexus 7. The Nexus does it best, but all are too slow, laggy, and unresponsive to actually use.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
As mentioned, PS isn't designed to run well on phones and tablets. I'll optimize it when I have the time, but I'm sorry, it's mainly made for computers. :/

So is within the year of 2013 a probable time to optimize it for mobile? I just can't wait to be able to play PS on my iPhone

Use Puffin Web Browser, it works great for ranbats for me :D It has a mouse pointer so you can see movesets and stuff too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)