Other Pokemon: Smogon OU Version 2 (Route Nine (After Ice Mountain))

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on the opinion that we continue like that suspect does not exist and make the changes after we finished the gyms. Until then, the meta, in case Greninja gets banned, develops and then we can decide which Starter might be a viable replacement for Greninja (since the viability of each pokemon will change in some way after the ban of the ninja frog).

We could also make up our own starter trio if we're really desperate (maybe even Treecko/Larvitar/Swinub Grass/Rock/Ice trio or something hipster like that). We'd probably want to stick to Fire/Grass/Water, but this IS Smogon Version, and desperate times call for desperate measures. That is, IF Greninja is banned, and we'll just have to wait and see if that happens.

As said above me, just do not worry about it. We will fix everything as it is then deemed necessary.

Just continue on with the topic at hand which is this town: Department Store layout (which as stated by sparks, would be best suited to one person presenting it later after making it) and Gym leader's team + trainers. So far we got nice subquest and a fun radio tower with a giftmon atm in Magneton. Its taking nice shape, just got to keep it going (but it is the holidays so slowness is to be expected).

No more suspect discussion in this thread though. No need to derail topic at hand.

Just say if you would like to, then get to work with someone else who would like to if you wish. Just alert when and who is working on it if you would be so kind

Iirc we don't have a definite mega yet, so I'd like to nominate Gallade or Metagross, but I'd like to hear other people's opinions

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
you mean for the leader? ye i'd like megagross as well, but i'm not sure if the player can take on its awesomeness atm, so gallade is preferrable. megagroos can be done later in steel gym(for now let's assume we're assured of one) cos we ain't doing mega steelix for sure there. Will the gym trainers have megas as well? i'm thinking of this: out of however many trainers there are, none but the last can megaevo their pokes, while the others can't, and it's told to us that others are still learning, while the last guy just recently learned to megaevo his poke.

I like that idea. Showcasing the different megas of the typing.

If that's the case, what would the last trainer have here? Mega Gardevoir? Mega Slowbro?

I think the gym leaders team should be as follows. Gallade as the mega, Slowbro as a pivot, latias as offensive support or latios depending on which pokemon chooses if tgat still happens and Gothitelle as a trapper. For wildcards i nominate rotom W as a volt swutcher to aid gothitelle and provide safe switchs and lastly Klekfi as the gtm leaders answer to dark types

Just to put this out there- people seem to be worried about how the suspect test will affect greninja. However, what makes the frog broken is low kick and gunk shot additions in ORAS. Therfore, since we are talking about a hypothetical fan made game, the easiest solution is just to make sure it cannot learn those moves. Alternatively, make it have torrent only.

Hell, I can already do that for 3rd gen game hacks, should be the same principle for 6th gen.

Just to put this out there- people seem to be worried about how the suspect test will affect greninja. However, what makes the frog broken is low kick and gunk shot additions in ORAS. Therfore, since we are talking about a hypothetical fan made game, the easiest solution is just to make sure it cannot learn those moves. Alternatively, make it have torrent only.

Hell, I can already do that for 3rd gen game hacks, should be the same principle for 6th gen.
The former is a brilliant solution! The latter is bad, because Protean makes it go from zero to hero, so to say

I think the problem with that is that might be considered a complex ban, which Smogon is generally against. But hey, that isn't what we're supposed to be talking about right now so...

I'd like to do a grunt with a all-legendary team. Specifically, one with the four Regis, Mesprit, and as an ace, the DREADED PHIONE. (The point being, just because a Pokemon is "legendary", doesn't mean it's good competatively)What I would like to know is if a team like that would be ok at this point in that game, or should it wait for later? If not,I could do a team of all-exploders.

I think the problem with that is that might be considered a complex ban, which Smogon is generally against. But hey, that isn't what we're supposed to be talking about right now so...

I'd like to do a grunt with a all-legendary team. Specifically, one with the four Regis, Mesprit, and as an ace, the DREADED PHIONE. (The point being, just because a Pokemon is "legendary", doesn't mean it's good competatively)What I would like to know is if a team like that would be ok at this point in that game, or should it wait for later? If not,I could do a team of all-exploders.
He's not talking about Smogon banning Gunk Shot and Low Kick for Gren, he's saying, since we're making this, we can modify a few things

And also, that is a really good idea to show that even if it's legendary, it doesn't mean it's necessarily good.

I know that, but this game is meant to prepare the player for actually playing competitively, and letting them use a mon here that they cannot use competitively (if it does, in fact, get banned) through a method Smogon disapproves of seems a bit counterproductive.

But hey, I'm not the boss here, just my opinion. No more valid than anybody's (probably less given my relative lack of experience.)

When I said stop discussing the Gren suspect, I didn't stutter did I (or can you on the net...)?

Anyway, the legendary guy doesn't seem worth it to me to add on luck sack. At this point I still think its worth one of their grunts utilizing a possible uber and or mon to abuse against us as it would make sense with the last town having the theme of them obtaining illegal Mega Stones and evolution items. Although its not like we cant use it as an example of this is what you should do against that twofold, so I don't truly mind. Where would ya like to put him in town then?

I know that, but this game is meant to prepare the player for actually playing competitively, and letting them use a mon here that they cannot use competitively (if it does, in fact, get banned) through a method Smogon disapproves of seems a bit counterproductive.

But hey, I'm not the boss here, just my opinion. No more valid than anybody's (probably less given my relative lack of experience.)
He has a point. Okay, I'll stop discussing the frog then, I was going to put in a gym trainer but I have to leave for work now lol. I'll edit this post when I get back.

Okay, so our "Legendary Guy" I think I'd like him in the center of a public square bragging about how his skills are LEGENDARY. And to prove it, he only uses legendary Pokemon.

"Legendary Trainer"

Regirock @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpDef
-Stealth Rock
-Drain Punch
-Rock Slide
-Explosion

Registeel @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
252 HP/4 Def/252 SpDef
-Seismic Toss
-Stealth Rock
-Protect
-Toxic

Regice @ Chesto Berry
Calm Nature
252 HP/4 Def/ 252 SpAtk
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

Regigigas @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def
-Confuse Ray
-Substitute
-Thunder Wave
-Return

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
252 SpAtk/ 4 SpDef/ 252 Spd
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-HP Fire
-Healing Wish

Phione @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
252 HP/ 236 Def / 16 Spd
-Calm Mind
-Rest
-Rain Dance
-Scald

I'd like to give the Player something nice after beating him, but I'm drawing a blank on what. Any Ideas?

Okay, so our "Legendary Guy" I think I'd like him in the center of a public square bragging about how his skills are LEGENDARY. And to prove it, he only uses legendary Pokemon.

"Legendary Trainer"

Regirock @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpDef
-Stealth Rock
-Drain Punch
-Rock Slide
-Explosion

Registeel @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
252 HP/4 Def/252 SpDef
-Seismic Toss
-Stealth Rock
-Protect
-Toxic

Regice @ Chesto Berry
Calm Nature
252 HP/4 Def/ 252 SpAtk
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

Regigigas @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def
-Confuse Ray
-Substitute
-Thunder Wave
-Return

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
252 SpAtk/ 4 SpDef/ 252 Spd
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-HP Fire
-Healing Wish

Phione @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
252 HP/ 236 Def / 16 Spd
-Calm Mind
-Rest
-Rain Dance
-Scald

I'd like to give the Player something nice after beating him, but I'm drawing a blank on what. Any Ideas?
Maybe a location of an actual good legendary or tood where it can be found. Possibly Terrakion or a genie?

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
OR, we could give the player an option - Terrakion or Thundy. The guy explains that if we choose Terrak, we can later follow up with Cobalion and Keldeo(rip Virizion), and if we choose Thundy, we can later follow up with Torny and Lando. W/e is not chosen is an post-league side-quest.

OR, we could give the player an option - Terrakion or Thundy. The guy explains that if we choose Terrak, we can later follow up with Cobalion and Keldeo(rip Virizion), and if we choose Thundy, we can later follow up with Torny and Lando. W/e is not chosen is an post-league side-quest.
Id rather them be able to get all f them before the main stoty is done cause it be sort of weird to limit their ou options till the game is done in my mind.

Also, i thinj the leader should at least have Mega Gallade, Sloebro, and Latios for sure but what else should it be followed with?

SparksBlade

Community Leader
Id rather them be able to get all f them before the main stoty is done cause it be sort of weird to limit their ou options till the game is done in my mind.

Also, i thinj the leader should at least have Mega Gallade, Sloebro, and Latios for sure but what else should it be followed with?
we could actually pull a bw2 to actually have to challenge the league twice, or prolong the story after 1st time battling the league, tho if we don't wanna do that then i've nothing to add atm, and i was thinking about the team got some frames but really lil time, prolly something by tomorrow/wednesday

Reactions: pj
we could actually pull a bw2 to actually have to challenge the league twice, or prolong the story after 1st time battling the league, tho if we don't wanna do that then i've nothing to add atm, and i was thinking about the team got some frames but really lil time, prolly something by tomorrow/wednesday
It just doesnt make sense to me to hold back options since we are suppose to give them all OU viable options before they get to the leagues end which utilizes some of those said options.

Okay so double post anyway so forgive me but I am doing what I do.
Gallade @ Galladeite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Substitute

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf (Healing Wish if Latias)
- Defog

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

Your first 3 sets are good and Solid so I wont make changes to those.. However here's what the next 3 should be 3 tho I think will improve your Gym team salamance

Gothitelle (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Yah sure its not entirely perfect but of the OU viable psychic types I thought it be nice to add him in as it allows him to be a bit of a pain acting as an alright partner to Slowbro and then we get to the last slot which I think could be a number of things, which I think it could be a strong physical attacker with Ground and all but im not entirely sure, I haven't had luck building teams as of late anyway. Just posting what I have thoughts on or how the direction I think the Leader's team should take is all. Would love some feedback on it and help as I am in drawing too many blanks as of late.

Last edited:
I like jirachi ther just give it uturn and Twave and your set. I would also like gothitelle on the team if thats possible to tie in with huanter giving the player a shed shell post blacklist and to show off trapping shenangens. Ill type the set later if you like just on ky mobile right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)