Other Pokemon: Smogon OU Version 2 (Route Nine (After Ice Mountain))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right so this Guy is gonna be one of the first grunts ya fight in the place.

You over hear a man yelling at someone and people going "Yes sir!" Then you see someone running past you, but they don't get far till an exclamation mark pops over their head. They walk back and comment to you.

"Oh no. No no no! Not you again!"

He looks round to see if he has any backup but sees the others are Lready in position deeper in the building.

"Man I don't want to fight you again...well, its gonna be different this time! I am gonna win this time with my much more 'competitive' team. None shall thwart the plans of Luck Sack!"

So...you battle.

Kfeki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp Def / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Swagger
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect

(Lvl 35 kfek is)

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp Def / 4 Dec
Calm Nature
- Swagger
- Foul Play
- Wil-O-Wisp
- Recover

(Lvl 35)

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp Def
Impish Nature
- Swagger
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Recover

(Lvl 33)

Mid battle quote: Oh God damn it!
End battle: ...

Post Battle: This is just ridiculous. My team was suppose to be as my boss said swagtastic. I hope I get to put you in your place one day.

He starts talking in code you can't understand on his walkie as you leave him each time trying to talk after just has thee speech bubble saying undescribable code.

Last edited:
I know what the grunt should say,
"Esabot kcab gnim oc dnapre wtottsol"
Which if you reverse the order of the words, reverse the order of the letters and then take and add some letters from the "words" to form actual words, you get 'Lost to twerp and coming back to base'

I'm going to go ahead and contribute the TLS Admin, BEHOLD!

*player walks into the innermost chamber of the Soul Prison (aka boss room)*

*it is dark, you see nothing but the player character*

Message: You feel your body start to shiver uncontrollably as the room temperature suddenly plummets.

*Two red eyes appear about 5 steps away from the player.*

*The room dimly lights up, revealing a blue haired man clad in a dark cape with a red lightning bolt on his chest, and a mega gengar behind him*

Man: "sssstupid b-b-bans.... c-c-complete m-m-mission.... what m-m-mission?.... why here?..... c-c-c-can I d-d-do this?.... who t-t-there?....."

*The man take a step toward you, and then another*

Man: "YOU! D-d-d-do you have it? THE THING! T-t-t-the thing for my m-mm-mission! I MUST HAVE IT!"

*While the man is ranting, you can see the mega gengar creeping up behind the man, stretching his shadow so that it always lands directly on top of him*

*in true pokemon fashion, the player is given a yes/no prompt*

*Regardless of choice*

Man: "THING! You have thing! I know you do, but you won't give thing to me! SMOGONITE! DREADED, DREADED SMOGONITE!

*The man takes another step forward. He is now directly in the player's face. Mega Gengar moves beside the man*

*Lord Uxis bursts into the scene*

Uxis: "Nazelf! Is that you? No time to lose! [player name], I will take care of the mega gengar so that he will not be able to interfere with your battle, but I need you to keep this guy busy for me!"

Nazelf: "YOU WILL GIVE ME THING!"

*battle begins*

TLS Admin Nazelf

Sableye @ Mental Herb
Level: 35
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Swagger
- Substitute
- Recover
- Foul Play

Murkrow @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Perish Song

Liepard @ Leftovers
Level: 36
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Foul Play

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Foul Play

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
Level: 37
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Swagger
- Leech Seed
- Double Team

Golurk @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
Level: 38
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- DynamicPunch
- Fly
- Phantom Force
- Rollout

*Player KOs everyone but Golurk, who is hardcoded to come out last*

Nazelf: "W-where am I? Who are you? WHY ARE WE FIGHTING?"

*Player defeats Nazelf*

Nazelf: "Was I being possessed?"

*Battle Ends*

Uxis: "Nazelf, are you alright?"

Nazelf: "Yeah, I'm fine. I appreciate you for saving me from that monster, what was that thing?"

Uxis: "That was Mega Gengar, it's a nasty piece of work. It was banned from OU and even suspected in ubers for it's ability to completely control the flow of battle."

Nazelf: "Is that so?"

Uxis: "Nazelf, it was foolish to come here, considerably more foolish then your petty disagreements with the Smogon Council! Had I arrived any later, this young fellow would be dead or worse, and his blood would be on your possessed hands, understood?"

Nazelf: "I... understand. Thank you for saving the both of us, allow me to give you a token of my gratitude."

*Nazelf takes a step towards Uxis, before launching into a full sprint in his direction*

Nazelf: "DYNAMIC PAAAAAAWNCH!"

*Uxis flies backwards, and a small stone drops onto the ground. Nazelf grabs the stone and bolts out of Soul Prison*

Uxis: "Unnnh... Where is he? Where's the gengarite!?!? Shoot, I need to reseal Soul Prison, you go out and chase down Nazelf, he must be apprehended!"

*You run out of the tower*

*You catch up with Nazelf in the town center, and you see him on top of his Golurk*

Nazelf: "Please give my most sincere apologies to my dear brother Uxis, but the cause of Team Luck-Sack rises far above petty morality and gratitude. Rest assured that both of you played a part in realizing our grand scheme. Hopefully Uxis isn't so confused that he fails to realize the importance of what happened today!"

*Golurk begins to rumble*

Nazelf: "Heh, confused, that's a good one."

*Golurk takes off*

*Uxis comes out just in time to see this*

Uxis: "He got away... If only I had realized what was happening sooner, maybe I could have prevented at least part of this. This crisis is escalating fast. TLS no longer seems content with playing with their moody bidoofs and random double team spammers, their trying to unleash uber pokemon into the Overused environment of Smog Smog! I need to report this to the Overused Council immediately, for there is little I can do alone with my hands tied by my duty to protect this town and the surrounding area. While we wait for a response, how about you meet me in my gym? I believe there is the matter of your badge that needs taking care of. I should be able to meet you there, so go on without me."

*Uxis walks away, the player regains control*

Whoooo that was a long one, but 100% worth it. FLY GOLURK FTW!

Okay, I drew this really rough diagram of the gym in paint.
Legend: R=rope D=door, L=Light spot
For the trapdoors, they are boxes with numbers inside, and the trainer who opens it has the same number beside it. Sorry if you don't understand it, it's paint and like i'm not the best steady drawer with a mouse, and the really big numbers if you are wondering is the room number.

Attachments

Ok, this probably wouldn't work for this particular encounter, but maybe a grunt who's team consists almost entirely of exploders?

I second that, but probably later in the game so we can have Landorus-T and M-Glalie. And the place should be a space center that they're taking over cause the explosion thing ties in with the Big Bang Theory

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Salemance put some EVs on Klefki from defense to spdefense, and reflect>light screen cos you're raising the opp's attack.
WebBowser that's brilliant, just make Nazelf(does his name come from Azelf) and Uxis(Uxie!) friends rather than brothers. Or if it stays brother, then Nazelf was tired of being in the shadow of his elder brother, outclassed in everything and always being made fun of for using moody bidoof. yk what i mean to imply.
SnazzySwampert i liked the your suggestion of the gym, but the drawing is really too rough for me to understand(your skill on paint matches mine though).

Hi everyone, I've lurked on this project for a little while, however this is my first time contributing. Here's a TLS grunt proposal.

Meowstic (M) @ Leftovers
Level: 32
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Swagger
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Light Screen

Sableye @ Mental Herb
Level: 32
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Def
Calm Nature
- Swagger
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Level: 33
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 0 Spd [HP Ice]
- Transform

Pre-battle quote:

"My strategy is uncompetitive! I can't lose!"

Post-battle quote (if he won):

"Haha! Told you so!"

Post-battle quote (if player wins):

"But... My strategy..."

Basically, a Swagger team with Ditto. This grunt would be one of the first the player encounters in Soul Prison.

By the way, I just wanted to say that this whole project is brilliant. It's easily the most inspired thing I've ever seen on Smogon.

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
that's nice SoulSapphire
also Salemance and WebBowser , due to many noobs going with less than 6 pokes in their teams, i think that could be something which few grunts follow as well, just need a grunt saying "3 Pokemon are enough for me to beat anyone, 6 Pokemon are for losers" or something like that.

Salemance put some EVs on Klefki from defense to spdefense, and reflect>light screen cos you're raising the opp's attack.
WebBowser that's brilliant, just make Nazelf(does his name come from Azelf) and Uxis(Uxie!) friends rather than brothers. Or if it stays brother, then Nazelf was tired of being in the shadow of his elder brother, outclassed in everything and always being made fun of for using moody bidoof. yk what i mean to imply.
SnazzySwampert i liked the your suggestion of the gym, but the drawing is really too rough for me to understand(your skill on paint matches mine though).
Yah, I understand, I got a little confused myself while I was drawing. Well, hopefully everybody gets the idea of the gym.
Edit:I also remember another guy posted an outline for the gym, but I can't find any other posts like mines?

SoulSapphire Welcome aboard buddy! We always need new ideas to keep this thing going, so I'm glad you came out of lurking.

SparksBlade Yeah, that's the pun. I was thinking of having something named "Mespire" very late into the game as a sort of brick joke.

Also, since TLS grunts aren't really concerned about being competitive, I am certainly willing to bend the 6-mon rule for them. Admins ofc still need 6 mons.

SnazzySwampert sounds a lot like my gym idea, I think it was on Page 2. Maybe we can find some way to combine them?
True, I read your thing, yah, maybe we could combine it, but how, I dont know. How about we keep the spotlights moving, and if a spotlight shines on you, then you are automatically forced into battle by the nearest trainer that you have not beat. Thoughts?

That sounds good, but since light spots/spotlights are pretty much the only way to navigate the gym, maybe make them not quite as tiny?

Sure, and maybe to tie in with all the dark/ghost stuff and the acting, maybe we could add props that light up randomly or make noises and we could use them as a type of sign, like where to go? So like maybe, there will be a gengar who cackles, or Umbreon which turns on his red eyes or something like that. And we could make it so that if the prop that the pokemon is based after have certain qualities that we use to make groups of props that lead you to different things. So maybe, you could do like all ghosts lead you to trapdoors, all dark pokemon lead you to the next room?

Does anyone have the complete TM/HM list? I would like to make a proposal, but I don't know which TMs have been given to the player already.

Yah, so like you have to not stay near props and dodge the spotlights, but use them to your advantage. Okay, to compile all that has been said about the gym:

-Props light up or make noises when you get too near to them and alert nearest trainer to your presence
-Moving moderate sized spotlights that when you are directly under, alert nearest trainer to presence
-Hidden Trapdoors that lead to the beginning
-Ropes that you have to interact with to go down to beginning if want to heal up
-Gym Leader is an actor so just finishes playing and accepts challenge
-Lv 40 Pawniard steals badge case, you have to fight it

Last edited:
So while I still am compiling TM and HM and yada yada list, we still need Trainers and TLS grunts to fight (thinking three more grunts. not sure on gym trainers).

(Unnamed TLS Grunt proposal)
Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Level: 43
EVs: 20 HP / 232 Atk / 4 SpD / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

Pre-battle quote: Your so-called "sleep clause" is so stupid! I wish they'd do away with it!
Post-battle quote: It's not cheating if you lose.
If talked to again: Aren't stuff banned for their OPness? Then why didn't I win?

The point of this guy is to NOT OBEY SLEEP CLAUSE AT ALL. If you can modify the AI to break Sleep Clause, then do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)