Other Pokemon: Smogon Version OU [Route 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Proposal
Sableye
Levels 26-28
Rare

Sableye is probably one of the most annoying pokemon to face in the OU metagame, and for a very good reason. It's access to moves such as Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, and Recover can make it a great supportive pokemon or even a fair stallbreaker. It's also got Foul Play which is a nice weapon against physical offenisve Pokemon, especially ones immune to Will-O-Wisp. As for flavour as to why put it here, Sableye tends to have a diet for Precious Gems, which grow really well in Volcanic areas. I made it rare since its probably somewhat bright in there and the Sabelye species likes the dark.
2nd, especially since sableye is getting a mega pretty soon (who will almost certainly be OU viable because magic bounce is awesome)

2nd, especially since sableye is getting a mega pretty soon (who will almost certainly be OU viable because magic bounce is awesome)
Or as annoying as it is stopping Kabutops and Exca from sweeping.... im all for it but still funny.

What TM yall think we can put on the first few floors? Or could be appropriate here?

Pokemon Proposal
Golbat
Levels 25-27
99% Uncommon
While I don't imagine that Zubat won't be in a cave, the average level of wild pokemon would make it kinda useless to have them as wild encounters... If that makes sense (It evolves at level 22, also it's not Common or Super Common because that would be cruel)
I'm mostly proposing it because it's not a Pokemon game without a cave with 1000 Zubats. And if anyone would like to argue that it wouldn't appear in this cave because it's on a dormant volcano, Zubat do appear in the Burned Tower (GSC/HGSS) and the Cave Of Origin (RSE) which Sableye appears in too. Plus Crobat is stupid fast and would make a great revenge killer ^^ (I can't get on the Viability Rankings due to web filters, so feel free to delete this if Crobat isn't on there)

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
According to sweepercalc, Crobat is 91 in the list of top 200 Pokemon in OU, and UU Pokemon start to appear on the list from 43 iirc, so it's nowhere near OU.

According to sweepercalc, Crobat is 91 in the list of top 200 Pokemon in OU, and UU Pokemon start to appear on the list from 43 iirc, so it's nowhere near OU.
Amoonguss is RU and it's A- in the Viability Rankings. Granted Crobat isn't in the Viability Rankings, but it should be (Note: make a nomination for Crobat in OUViaRank)
Edit: Noibat could work too I guess. IMO Golbat would of fit better.since its the original Bat. But I guess that could apply to Pidgey and Rattata too. But at least Crobat is viable (somewhat)
Which reminds me, I know this is meant to be strictly OU, but wouldn't that severely limit the choices you have? I'm not asking to have shit like Burmy or Regigigas or Sunkern available to catch (save that for TLS) , I'm just curious to see if slightly less viable stuff could be included, people might want an extra challenge and it'd add some replay value. Maybe I'm thinking too far into this.

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
That's legit it seems. I didn't see crobat on the list that's why I checked on usage stats. Also I agree we'll need a few Pokémon from outside the viability list.

Why do we need Pokemon outside of the viability ranking when we already have 200 or so on the viability ranking if we count pre evolution separately. Most regional pokedex's have around 150 so we already have more than most Pokemon games tend to have.

SparksBlade

Community Leader
Why do we need Pokemon outside of the viability ranking when we already have 200 or so on the viability ranking if we count pre evolution separately. Most regional pokedex's have around 150 so we already have more than most Pokemon games tend to have.
Because we need to support a lot of strategies, for which we'll need Pokémon from lower tiers like amoongus. It's on the viability list but actually RU iirc, and I don't think a new user knows about viability rankings, he only knows a mon's tier, which can be misleading.

Small problem, a good chunk of that list is either A. Legendaries that we won't be getting for a LONG time or B. Mega Evolutions, which you can only have one of per match, add to that rhe conditions for certain Pokemon evolving (Happiness, getting to a absurd level like with Larvesta or Deino, etc) and that, unless you have access to breeding (which during the story seems a bit much) most of the list is null and void. Of course I'm thinking too far into this but still. IIRC the other tiers are being saved for post game, but when there's a lot of great mons in those tiers, and (I think) they'd be the size of the Sevii Islands, it's going to be very cramped wild Pokemon wise.
My apologies for essentaily derailing the thread Chou, but it was something that was bothering me.

I'm kinda leaning towards "no we really don't need mons not on the viability list". The viability rankings give us a solid 100(roughly) different mons to work with, which is about standard for in-game.

That being said, I can totally see Crobat being OU viable (if only because high speed, BB, and infiltrator), so go ahead and make that post HC.

Oh yeah, we need an sp defensive team for EV bridge, I should make one real quick.

Swimmer Polly

Tentacool @ Damp Rock
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Level: 20
EVs: 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Acid
- Bubble Beam
- Toxic Spikes
- Rain Dance

Cleffa @ Damp Rock
Ability: Magic Guard
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Rain Dance
- Magical Leaf

Goomy @ Damp Rock
Ability: Hydration
Calm Nature
- Rain Dance
- Bubble
- Dragon Breath
- Rest

Mantyke @ Damp Rock
Ability: Swift Swim
Calm Nature
- Rain Dance
- Bubble Beam

Frillish @ Damp Rock
Ability: Cursed Body
Calm Nature
- Bubble Beam
- Night Shade
- Recover
- Rain Dance

Togepi @ Damp Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
Sassy Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Rain Dance
- Metronome

Intro quote: "You'll need some good special defense to survive this torrent of power!"

Loss quote: "Oops, I accidentally gave my offensive pokemon defensive EVs!"

Post battle quote: "EVs, or Effort Values, are points given to a pokemon whenever they defeat an opponent. The points you get depend on what the opponent pokemon specialize in. It's important to give your pokemon EVs that match their strengths and help them do their role better. You'll understand this better as you become more experienced, don't worry."

Yes, I know it's a rain team, but it's not my fault, really. It's just that every single OU viable mon with SP-Def EVs happen to be either a water or fairy type.

F theMore time and more for discussion! Here I thought we could throw in a Luck Sack grunt as we had previously had then running out if town before and and I offer the poor man here, lost and confused in the (insert volcano's name here) and challenges you out o panic.

NPC Proposal
Luck Sack Grunt

Notice Quote: What? Me lost? Ill show you lost!

Team- (now for the unconpetitive time i thought it would be fitting to have a Guy spam accuracy dropping attacks since we have an influx of sand attack Mons available at this time)

Chameleon Lvl 24
- Smokescreen
- Metal Claw
- Ember
- Dragon Rage

Gligar lvl 20
- Sand Attack
- Knock Off
- Poison Sting
- Fury Cutter

Hippopotas lvl 19
- Sand attack
- Bite
- Yawn
- Dig

Win Quote: Haha! Now you can never catch us you blind fool!

Lose Quote: Dang it, I can't see anything!

After losing the poor grunt proclaims he must make it to (insert next town's name here) before the teams next plot is unfurled. Course you don't know what wht that could possibly be due to the grunt blindly walking off into a wall and then offscreen.

Now I don't think its a perfect fit but I think we are near overdue for a first real plot to foil be of the luck sack idiots.

Last edited:
F theMore time and more for discussion! Here I thought we could throw in a Luck Sack grunt as we had previously had then running out if town before and and I offer the poor man here, lost and confused in the (insert volcano's name here) and challenges you out o panic.

NPC Proposal
Luck Sack Grunt

Notice Quote: What? Me lost? Ill show you lost!

Team- (now for the unconpetitive time i thought it would be fitting to have a Guy spam accuracy dropping attacks since we have an influx of sand attack Mons available at this time)

Chameleon Lvl 24
- Smokescreen
- Metal Claw
- Ember
- Dragon Rage

Gligar lvl 20
- Sand Attack
- Knock Off
- Poison Sting
- Fury Cutter

Hippopotas lvl 19
- Sand attack
- Dig
- Yawn
- Dig

Win Quote: Haha! Now you can never catch us you blind fool!

Lose Quote: Dang it, I can't see anything!

After losing the poor grunt proclaims he must make it to (insert next town's name here) before the teams next plot is unfurled. Course you don't know what wht that could possibly be due to the grunt blindly walking off into a wall and then offscreen.

Now I don't think its a perfect fit but I think we are near overdue for a first real plot to foil be of the luck sack idiots.
Dat double dig hippo, because 1 dig just isn't enough.

So with still needing a few things (a basic layout of how the floors should go, a.few more Mon for he 4th or 5th floors and those said floors TM, a few more trainers) what y'all think we should name the volcano? Mount Smogon? Mount Something? What?

Mount Smogon is too obvoius says the guy who suggested Sutats Forest
Maybe Mount Nogoms? Either that or Mount Flamey Death. Or Mount Volcano.
Or maybe something not stupid and contrived like Mt. Sun. (no it doesn't make any sense)

NPC Proposal

Supernerd Alvin:

Before battle: My analysis of stall teams reveals that they are responsible for more ragequits than any other team archetype.

After battle: You didn't forfeit... and, I, I... lost? Just wait until I've evolved my pokemon, then my team will be far stronger!

Clefairy @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Dazzling Gleam
- Stealth Rock

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Bold Nature
- Conversion 2
- Psybeam
- Recover
- Toxic

Shroomish @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect
- Facade

Gligar @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Baton Pass
- Knock Off

and something that came to mind while working on that trainer.

Team Lucksack Grunt:

Slowpoke @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Oblivious
Careful Nature
- Block
- Slack Off
- Heal Pulse
- Recycle

or would this be too evil to include?

Or we could be even more crazy and name it off of one of the more explosive fiery people on smogon.

EDIT: Save him for the next town when luck sack unleashed their fist plan :D

Dogars? Admittedly its not our oddest name but of all the volcano's to base it off of it, like St. Helens, Vesuvius and yada.

Course I'm not even good with names to begin with and just am discussing. Mount Dogars though...idk. just interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)